Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Good Posting Judge

______ Passed Away Today, RIP

30 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Burn!

Not really. He may become president, but i doubt he'll ever be presidential.

1 hour ago, Cjw_55106 said:

PBS newscaster Gwen Ifill has died.

Ifill, 61, had been battling cancer.

Republicans first shot across the bow

Sucks to lose [her], I was a big fan of Gwen's work, despite her reporting from a news set that looked to be set 50 years in the past.

On 2/2/2016 at 1:09 AM, cap'n grunge said:

Trump's presidential hopes.

Owned 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Otis said:
On 2/2/2016 at 0:09 AM, cap'n grunge said:

Trump's presidential hopes.

Owned 

Sick burn, brah.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

15 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Bernard Fox, Bewitched's Doctor Bombay. 89.

Also appeared in The Mummy and Titanic.

And The Andy Griffith show.

And Hogan's Heroes :banned:

21 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

And The Andy Griffith show.

The bicycler, right? Big fave. Quintessential Englishter. RIP -

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I still haven't gotten over Abe Vigoda. :(

I hear ya, brogoda - my huevos are still drooped @ half-staff from that

16 hours ago, captain_amazing said:

Wow, I thought ______ was already dead.

I didn't even know ______ was sick.

3 hours ago, NREC34 said:

Wow she's been hanging on for a long time now too

the last time i saw her was on an episode of "Late Night" with Conan his first season. Chris Eigeman was promoting the Whit Stillman film "Barcelona" and she kept correcting their pronunciation of the title. She was using the correct Catalan pronunciation over and over again. It was awesome.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The General said:

Damn. The first book I remember reading as a kid with my Mom. Had a stuffed rabbit called Hazel that I carried around.

RIP

Yea...this is the first book I remember being read to me in school in the 3rd grade.   Just saw the teacher of that class at my dad's funeral about a year ago.  I told him I remembered him reading that book to us.   

Joe Michener 53 years old. IT guy were I work. Decent guy.

To add even more sadness to the situation. Joe's mother upon hearing the news of her son, also had a hear attack and died.

On 12/15/2016 at 8:30 AM, Leroy Hoard said:

I still haven't gotten over Abe Vigoda. :(

That was just a rumor.

• Thanks 1

I'll never understand the "OOOOOMG DAMN YOU 2016 JUST DAMN YOUIUU WORST YEAR EVER" people on Facebook.  Such nerds. Some rich and famous person I've never met dies and I'm going to get all upset about it?  I generally sort of don't give a crap. I guess it would be a bummer if like some incredible musician I love died in his prime in some tragic way and so I wouldn't get to hear whatever new records he was working on.  But like, some guy like Prince who probably lived pretty hard dies at 60 and I'm supposed to freak out?

2016: you were just fine. The appropriate number of famous people died. It's ok. 

Sincerely,

the voice of reason

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Otis said:

I'll never understand the "OOOOOMG DAMN YOU 2016 JUST DAMN YOUIUU WORST YEAR EVER" people on Facebook.  Such nerds. Some rich and famous person I've never met dies and I'm going to get all upset about it?  I generally sort of don't give a crap. I guess it would be a bummer if like some incredible musician I love died in his prime in some tragic way and so I wouldn't get to hear whatever new records he was working on.  But like, some guy like Prince who probably lived pretty hard dies at 60 and I'm supposed to freak out?

2016: you were just fine. The appropriate number of famous people died. It's ok. 

Sincerely,

the voice of reason

Not all people are self obsessed jaded cynics.

Bowie and Prince in the same year is fairly remarkable. These were 2 A grade talents. I think I saw that 1970 or 71 was the last year that so many premier talents were lost. It wasnt just that they were the best, it was the suddenness. These artists reminded people of happier times in their own lives or even just a happy memory or 2. 

I admit to being fairly cynical myself about the subject, but in recent years the deaths of Robin Williams, David Bowie and Prince really did hit me hard. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Maddens Lunchbox said:

Not all people are self obsessed jaded cynics.

Bowie and Prince in the same year is fairly remarkable. These were 2 A grade talents. I think I saw that 1970 or 71 was the last year that so many premier talents were lost. It wasnt just that they were the best, it was the suddenness. These artists reminded people of happier times in their own lives or even just a happy memory or 2. 

I admit to being fairly cynical myself about the subject, but in recent years the deaths of Robin Williams, David Bowie and Prince really did hit me hard. 

Yeah David Bowie a complete stranger I never met dying at 70 years old was really hard on me. I just laid in bed for days. Not because I'm self obsessed. But because NOOOOOO it's just Nooot faaaaaaair 

1 hour ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Miguel Ferrer: http://deadline.com/2017/01/miguel-ferrer-dead-ncis-los-angeles-crossing-jordan-1201890002/

Excellent character actor. He was great in "Robocop", and "Twin Peaks. 

Ah ####. I liked him. He was one of thise guys who would pop up all over the place.