Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Good Posting Judge

______ Passed Away Today, RIP

Recommended Posts

On 12/8/2019 at 10:20 PM, offdee said:

I just read he made a tweet a couple yrs ago.... My goal is to get overly famous, shine for a couple years..then fake my death  

And it happened in a public airport but no pictures or video of it?  People who live near that airport said no sign or sound of ambulances the entire night.  Strange. 

Private plane coming into private hangar I believe and he was being searched by police for guns and drugs at the time so he was likely very secluded from the public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

 

Quote

The officers and agents had been waiting at the Atlantic Aviation hangar at Midway early Sunday because they suspected the private plane from Los Angeles carrying the musician — whose real name was Jarad Higgins — was carrying contraband, the sources said.

The search turned up 41 “vacuum-sealed” bags of marijuana, six bottles of prescription codeine cough syrup, two 9 mm pistols, a .40-caliber pistol, a high-capacity ammunition magazine and metal-piercing bullets, according to the sources. Two men identified by police as working security for Higgins were charged with misdemeanor offenses for illegally possessing the guns and ammunition.

 

Sent in a ton of cops, and only got them on misdemeanors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost 100,000 people around the world have died from the simple inability to sustain life since Juice Wrld died. His is the death y'all are going to get invested in?!

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wikkidpissah said:

Almost 100,000 people around the world have died from the simple inability to sustain life since Juice Wrld died. His is the death y'all are going to get invested in?!

Addiction to purple drank has done in a lot of people, many of whom were musically talented.  It does bear scrutiny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

Almost 100,000 people around the world have died from the simple inability to sustain life since Juice Wrld died. His is the death y'all are going to get invested in?!

As opposed to an 80 year old celebrity who lived past the average life expectancy? 

A 21 year old talented (even if he's not your cup of tea) celebrity dying is significant and sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eoMMan said:

As opposed to an 80 year old celebrity who lived past the average life expectancy? 

A 21 year old talented (even if he's not your cup of tea) celebrity dying is significant and sad.

In before Noonan chimes in to say he’s never heard of him. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Private plane coming into private hangar I believe and he was being searched by police for guns and drugs at the time so he was likely very secluded from the public.

70 pounds of the weeeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Addiction to purple drank has done in a lot of people, many of whom were musically talented.  It does bear scrutiny.

RIP Screw.  Obligatory H-Town post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

In before Noonan chimes in to say he’s never heard of him. 

Dude, there are people that could judge the hip hop/rap category of a timdraft that have never heard of him, solely based on the natural cycles of passing age. Perhaps I betray a bit of myself here, but I know some of the Insta/Soundcloud dudes and I have never, ever, ever even remotely. His overdose is the most famous he'll get, and the joking around on social media about seizures presumably from the codeine and/or alcohol combined makes this person sad. Sadly and ironically, he's not going out to the sounds of mourning, critical acclaim, adulation, and/or wonder, he's going out to thoughts of pity like many people myself must be having, simply uninterested in the music or the cliques and only thinking that he was too young not to have been forcibly helped. 

RIP Juice

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rockaction said:

Dude, there are people that could judge the hip hop/rap category of a timdraft that have never heard of him, solely based on the natural cycles of passing age. Perhaps I betray a bit of myself here, but I know some of the Insta/Soundcloud dudes and I have never, ever, ever even remotely. His overdose is the most famous he'll get, and the joking around on social media about seizures presumably from the codeine and/or alcohol combined makes this person sad. Sadly and ironically, he's not going out to the sounds of mourning, critical acclaim, adulation, and/or wonder, he's going out to thoughts of pity like many people myself must be having, simply uninterested in the music or the cliques and only thinking that he was too young not to have been forcibly helped. 

RIP Juice

The passing is no doubt sad; my shtick was not necessarily related to the death.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

The passing is no doubt sad; my shtick was not necessarily related to the death.

Oh, sorry, Tom. I wasn't accusing you particularly of anything. I think you're way above board as a poster and general empathetic soul. Your thought that people didn't know him was what brought on my own lament.

I quoted you to emphasize my own point; to show that even people that might be in the know didn't know him, know who he was, and that his celebrity was fleeting and not overwhelming, making his celebrity lifestyle sort of sadder.

I'm reading my own post: the jokes about seizures on social media were his own jokes. That is unclear in my post. You weren't kidding about it. He was. 

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rockaction said:

Oh, sorry, Tom. I wasn't accusing you particularly of anything. I think you're way above board as a poster and general empathetic soul. Your thought that people didn't know him was what brought on my own lament.

I quoted you to emphasize my own point; to show that even people that might be in the know didn't know him, know who he was, and that his celebrity was fleeting and not overwhelming, making his celebrity lifestyle sort of sadder.

I'm reading my own post: the jokes about seizures on social media were his own jokes. That is unclear in my post. You weren't kidding about it. He was. 

While it's true I don't know him as rap per se is not my preferred genre, I am acutely aware that there are people who love him and his music.  It is for them that I sympathize.

And FTR, I didn't think you meant anything by it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

"The Grim Reaper says 'Hello'..."

This is that spooky time in life (I’m 48) when people who didn’t seem that old what doesn’t seem that long ago die at a healthy old age, and you realize you’re about the same age or older as they were then. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Original Flamin' Groovies frontman Roy Loney died at age 73.

He was around for the Groovies' harder edged early records like Teenage Head.  His song Headin' For The Texas Border was covered by The Raconteurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, Mr. Ected said:

 

"If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth."

I know he's quoting somebody else there in Jacobs ladder, but always the first thing I think of for him. (Also used in that UNKLE song). Rip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually "met" Danny Aiello once, back in the day...sort of.  He approached a chick I was attending art school with while a few of us where out doing life drawing sessions/getting lunch.  He sang to her in Italian for a few moments while cupping her face, then walked off.  She was shuked.  I'm pretty sure he was at least a little buzzed.  Will never forget it, or him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burt Williams, the founding winemaker of Williams Selyem Winery in Healdsburg who with his old-world techniques helped turn pinot noir into Sonoma County’s most coveted wine varietal, died Wednesday from complications from Parkinson’s disease. He was 79.

Williams was considered a pioneer in developing the balanced style of pinot noir from the Russian River Valley — not too jammy and not too lean in flavor — long before it became incredibly popular in the aftermath of the 2004 movie “Sideways.”

Along with partner Ed Selyem, Williams limited wine production to premier quality over profit. That business strategy helped spawn the creation of the winery’s coveted club waiting list, which now stands at nine months for new customers.

a legend in the industry. RIP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 9:34 AM, Mr. Ected said:

I think he did some of his best work with "Do the Right Thing" for sure but I still think of him in "The Professional" with Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and young Natalie Portman.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry @rockaction

Anna Karina, one of the most beautiful, captivating faces in cinema, has passed.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Sorry @rockaction

Anna Karina, one of the most beautiful, captivating faces in cinema, has passed.

She captivated me in my late twenties as I discovered French New Wave and was never more captivating or cheerlessly gendered and nihilistic than in Vivre Sa Vie. The way Godard saw modern women escaped many eyes and critical subtleties because of his technical skill; her life and marriage to him was evidence of their possible truth. But she was a woman of her own, often lamentably, and her life was her own to live.  

:(

RIP. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Is Anna the actress in that video, or the singer in the band? Great voice, played around with a couple other songs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

Is Anna the actress in that video, or the singer in the band? Great voice, played around with a couple other songs. 

actress- the band is a small Detroit husband-wife led band that broke up when they broke up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr. Ected said:

Is Anna the actress in that video, or the singer in the band? Great voice, played around with a couple other songs. 

Pretty sure she has nothing to do with the music- contemporary band took a segment from a 60s french new wave film for their video...but I'd be really interested to learn that I'm wrong.

Eta... And rip- rock is right- those ladies of the French new wave were uniquely gorgeous

Edited by El Floppo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Sorry @rockaction

Anna Karina, one of the most beautiful, captivating faces in cinema, has passed.

Thought you first meant the Tolstoy novel character - too soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Pretty sure she has nothing to do with the music- contemporary band took a segment from a 60s french new wave film for their video...but I'd be really interested to learn that I'm wrong.

Eta... And rip- rock is right- those ladies of the French new wave were uniquely gorgeous

And Catherine Denavue had a stroke last month as well. Hopefully she is recovering but that’s another talented gorgeous French icon there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

And Catherine Denavue had a stroke last month as well. Hopefully she is recovering but that’s another talented gorgeous French icon there.

Haven't heard that name in a long time. I remember she did a bunch of commercials for Chanel and this one.

Edited by zamboni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James "Radio" Kennedy - who the Radio (Cuba Gooding Jr) movie was based on

Edited by matttyl
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herman Boone - played by Denzel Washington in “Remember the Titans.” TC Williams about a mile from my house.

 

“Legendary football coach Herman Boone has died, confirmed by former TC Williams principal John Porter to the school today. Boone's success in the 1971 season following Alexandria's recently integrated school consolidation was documented in "Remember the Titans." Boone was 84.“

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NASCAR legend Junior Johnson died at the age of 88.  He epitomized the growth of the sport from his bootlegger origins to a top driver in the 50s and 60s to a successful team owner of six Cup Series champions.

Johnson was the subject of Tom Wolfe's colorful 1965 essay The Last American Hero Is Junior Johnson. Yes!.  You wouldn't figure a white suited Yankee dandy could capture the essence of a good ol' boy like Junior but it's a terrific read.

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eephus said:

NASCAR legend Junior Johnson died at the age of 88.  He epitomized the growth of the sport from his bootlegger origins to a top driver in the 50s and 60s to a successful team owner of six Cup Series champions.

Johnson was the subject of Tom Wolfe's colorful 1965 essay The Last American Hero Is Junior Johnson. Yes!.  You wouldn't figure a white suited Yankee dandy could capture the essence of a good ol' boy like Junior but it's a terrific read.

 

Started following NASCAR mid to late 70s through Dad. Became a fan of Darrell Waltrip - young, brash upcomer. He moved to a team owned by Junior Johnson & won 3 championships with him. Junior owned team but was also gas man! Anyway, for those not familiar with NASCAR history, this is like the passing of Paul Brown or Jim Thorpe - Junior is that integral to the birth of NASCAR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 8:12 PM, Binky The Doormat said:

Hubie Green

This guy would smash any of you ####s that think you have a game.  And have a swing that you wouldn't like.

 

says he died 6/20/18? https://www.pgatour.com/news/2018/06/20/hubert-green-dies-age-71-world-golf-hall-of-fame-member.html

My personal Hubie Rankings

1. Hubie Brooks

2. Hubie Brown

3. Hubie Humphrey

4. Hubie Green

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Ram Dass

RIP bro

Moves me one more rung up the flashback-addled psychobabbler ladder. RIP -

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:

says he died 6/20/18? https://www.pgatour.com/news/2018/06/20/hubert-green-dies-age-71-world-golf-hall-of-fame-member.html

My personal Hubie Rankings

1. Hubie Brooks

2. Hubie Brown

3. Hubie Humphrey

4. Hubie Green

Makes me want to have a kid named Hubie.  Hubie Hoard has a nice ring to it.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don Imus passed away. A bit racist, but Imus in the Morning was once part of my regular morning routine. Entertaining combo of politics, sports, and humor.

Edited by Don Quixote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Don Imus passed away. A bit racist, but Imus in the Morning was once part of my regular morning routine. Entertaining combo of politics, sports, and humor.

RIP

Hadn't heard his name in probably a decade. I would have his show on while getting ready for work occasionally right around when the "nappy headed ho" comment got him canned.

He was pretty good on politics and mean to almost everyone equally from my memory. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Don Imus passed away. A bit racist, but Imus in the Morning was once part of my regular morning routine. Entertaining combo of politics, sports, and humor.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.  Funny, I was wondering whatever became of him after he went off the air.  I was a regular listener from the mid-1990's right up until his last waltz.  RIP Don Imus.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.