What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🏛️ ​Official Supreme Court nomination thread - Amy Coney Barrett (10 Viewers)

There's absolutely no way. This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. The day before the hearing, accusations of "gang rape parties" surface. Democrats trying to bury this guy. Dirty politics.

:lmao:

There's absolutely no way. This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. The day before the hearing, accusations of "gang rape parties" surface. Democrats trying to bury this guy. Dirty politics.

And evidently Avenatti will be using this as his springboard to a POTUS run according to experts in here. 

Who knows, maybe he's crazy like a fox and finally has the goods.   But it sure sounds wildly farfetched.  I guess it will be entertaining to see what he puts out there.

It’s beyond the pale now

so transparent...after the hearings all of the sudden...as soon as one story falls apart under the lightest scrutiny, they have to bury that in the news cycle under another story that is already falling apart...it’s beyond dirty....it proves why we can never trust the Democrats in power...they will trample every right of every citizen, if it stands in their path to power...

Republicans refused to release the vast majority of records from when Kavanaugh worked in the Bush administration. They knew about at least 2 of these recent allegations against Kavanaugh, and revealed them to nobody --- not the committee, not the FBI, not the public. In trying to hide everything they've made an entire mess out of these hearings and have made themselves look awful going into an election. And this isn't going to die down.

It's hard to imagine how they could handle it worse.
They could go ahead and confirm

It’s beyond the pale now

so transparent...after the hearings all of the sudden...as soon as one story falls apart under the lightest scrutiny, they have to bury that in the news cycle under another story that is already falling apart...it’s beyond dirty....it proves why we can never trust the Democrats in power...they will trample every right of every citizen, if it stands in their path to power...
OK.  Back to Ignore you go.  If you're going to spew a bunch of lies, at least put some effort into it or try to be entertaining.

This entire narrative jumped the shark when Avenetti showed up with his email about running trains on these women.

If someone still believes this is anything other than a hail Mary character assassination attempt after that bit of fiction then they are beyond help.

My guess is most people don't believe any of these claims that have been denied under penalty of perjury by everyone named as a witness to this point.

The people clinging to these rape fantasies are just unable or unwilling to separate their political bias from reality.

If the Republicans are smart they call for a vote, confirm Kavanaugh, and then have the FBI open an investigation.

If they find anything credible then Kavanaugh can be impeached.

If they keep bending over every time the Dems lob an unfounded accusation (be it sexual assault or racism or whatever)  then this country is lost.
Sentence for sentence...

The trains also were referenced in the New Yorker piece written by a journalist who has a strong record getting these stories right.  

Kavanaugh has committed perjury, received stolen property while a White House employee and used it for political gain instead of notifying authorities, lied during his own nomination announcement speech... and there's the matter of Grassley and Co. running this entire confirmation like it was a cover-up from the beginning with the accelerated schedule and withheld documents.  

If we had a real vetting process, investigation, and confirmation process we wouldn't be guessing, and how can you throw around statements like "penalty of perjury" and support a perjurer like Kavanaugh?  

Ford's actions and life have been consistent with the actions of someone who was a sexual assault victim, and the utter indifference towards that from people like you is sickening.  

The Republicans aren't smart, they will confirm Kavanaugh, and will not have the FBI open an investigation because throughout this process they have behaved like pieces of human garbage.  

Plenty of disqualifying information and behavior has been found on Kavanaugh before anyone knew who Christine Ford was.  Kavanaugh never should have been nominated; when Mitch McConnell tells you to tap the brakes even with no traffic in front of you, maybe you should listen.  

Cite one case of Republicans bending over when the Dems lobbed an unfounded accusation.  I'm curious what qualifies as one in your mind. 

I’ll mark you down as “no, more accusations don’t change my mind.”

Something that occurred to me after I posted Roy Moore’s support for Kavanaugh: if Alabama had elected a Republican senator, the GOP could ignore Collins and Murkowski, and they’d be in a much stronger position. The Doug Jones victory, which was against all odds, may be the difference maker here. 

If this is just the democrat playbook, why didn't Gorsuch have any accusations of sexual assault? 
Gorsuch was replacing Scalia, so no ideological shift, maybe a a slight nudge leftward, if anything 

Kavanaugh would be replacing Kennedy who was the swing vote...it would be a definite shift rightward...the Deems are hoping to put this past midterms where they hope that the political climate will be different

To the six remaining Trumpers (or six Eminence aliases) in here calling this political maneuvering...okay, if you're going to go there...go there.

How did it happen? Is there a money trail? Paperwork? Emails? Who approached the women and convinced them to turn their own lives upside down? Do they consider themselves true liberal patriots and cooked this up on their own? Regardless of their lives, families, and careers? 

How deep exactly do you think this goes?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is puzzling to me is how the FBI missed the gang rapes all six times.  Looks like they need a new process.

Link
Been covered several times already.  They really should "investigate" for these guys like they do your average Joe trying to get a government contract job....problem solved.

I'm getting a bit tired of avenatti, but he's definitely planning a presidential run and I can't see him running with this unless he can substantiate it. 
This is my thought so I’m curious to see what happens.  This really casts him to the fringe if nothing comes of this

but who knows where the fringe is anymore 

I’ll mark you down as “no, more accusations don’t change my mind.”
and people can mark you down as '' no matter who accuses or how many  ,that person being targeted by flash mob accusations all at once right before a major American decision,is guilty with only  hazy recollections at best''

Rasor, however, says that’s not true and is coming forward to contradict his claim. “Under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t reveal information that was told in confidence,” Rasor said. But she said that “I can’t stand by and watch him lie.” The New Yorker summarizes why Rasor says Judge was being disingenuous claiming that there weren’t incidents of “rough-housing” with female students at Georgetown Prep:

Rasor recalled that Judge had told her ashamedly of an incident that involved him and other boys taking turns having sex with a drunk woman. Rasor said that Judge seemed to regard it as fully consensual. She said that Judge did not name others involved in the incident, and she has no knowledge that Kavanaugh participated. But Rasor was disturbed by the story and noted that it undercut Judge’s protestations about the sexual innocence of Georgetown Prep.
Judge’s lawyer says he “categorically denies” Rasor’s claim.

But Rasor isn’t alone. Another woman, who asked to remain anonymous, also disputed Judge’s claims about the culture at Georgetown Prep. She said that it was common for male students to “get a female student blind drunk” on a mixture of grain alcohol and Hawaiian Punch that they called “jungle juice” and then try to take advantage of her. “It was disgusting,” she said. “They treated women like meat.” Judge has told the Senate Judiciary Committee he doesn’t want to testify about Ford’s allegations.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-confirmation-elizabeth-rasor-contradicts-mark-judges-claims-about-sexual-misconduct-at-georgetown-prep.html

Kavanaugh seems to have two credible accusations.  I think they should move on.  They still need to investigate  the validity of the accusations in the background but for now it’s time to move to another candidate for the job.

Seems the right thing to do.

But this Avenatti guy:  he’s a loose cannon at the moment and is quickly becoming the Alex Jones of the left.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044056219084828672?s=20

and people can mark you down as '' no matter who accuses or how many  ,that person being targeted by flash mob accusations all at once right before a major American decision,is guilty with only  hazy recollections at best''
That would be a strange thing to say about Henry given the actual words he has posted on the topic.

Kavanaugh seems to have two credible accusations.  I think they should move on.  They still need to investigate  the validity of the accusations in the background but for now it’s time to move to another candidate for the job.

But this Avenatti guy:  he’s a loose cannon at the moment and is quickly becoming the Alex Jones of the left.

He is the Mooch of the left.

We need an Avenatti v Mooch showdown.

That would be a strange thing to say about Henry given the actual words he has posted on the topic.
unlike you i dont spend endless hours on FBG`s ...i have a job...and a life ...my job doesnt include me being on a computer all day oor my phone...so i dont read every post everyone makes...just responding to what i DO  see ...speaking of work ,im off to do so know ...peace out

unlike you i dont spend endless hours on FBG`s ...i have a job...and a life ...my job doesnt include me being on a computer all day oor my phone...so i dont read every post everyone makes...just responding to what i DO  see ...speaking of work ,im off to do so know ...peace out
Then you probably should read up more before making such an accusation about a poster.

Then you probably should read up more before making such an accusation about a poster.
lol...hes made statements like that more than once...putting people into a classification of what they may or may not think or believe...and directly to me ...im just returning the favor ...maybe YOU  should read every post 

Once she received the letter, I think she should have worked with Dr. Ford to convince her to allow her to pass it along without her name redacted. With the name redacted and the promise of anonymity, there was really nothing that could be done in terms of any productive investigation. I guess I’m assuming that Feinstein didn’t do more to try to bring this matter to the forefront earlier. 

From my years in HR, if someone comes forward to complain about a boss sexually harassing her, I’m going to find a way to get the matter addressed, even if the complainant requests anonymity.
Sorry for being late to respond. I didn’t want to talk out of my ### and I didn’t know if Feinstein had sent the redacted letter, which would be weird. But Feinstein gave Grassley the unredacted letter and her cover letter confirms that FBI made the redactions. Not Feinstein. 

Just a reminder that this was literally the first thing that the nation heard from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanagh:

JUDGE BRETT M. KAVANAUGH: Mr. President, thank you. Throughout this process, I have witnessed firsthand your appreciation for the vital role of the American judiciary. No president has ever consulted more widely or talked with more people from more backgrounds to seek input about a Supreme Court nomination.
I can't say for sure what the man has or has not done with respect to sexual misconduct. But I know a judge, with a lifetime of carefully choosing words and understanding their import, chose to make his very first communication with the American people a blatant and outrageous lie. Presumably he did this to suck up to a Donald Trump and because he assumed the power structure would protect him from consequence just like it protects other people like him.  If his own words carry less weight now, that's on him.

Laura McGann‏Verified account @lkmcgann 17m17 minutes ago

This is significant. According to @JaneMayerNYer (who broke the Ramirez story), Ramirez wasn't the original source. Yale graduates knew about the story since it happened. They talked about in writing in July. This wasn't made up in the "11th hour."

https://twitter.com/lkmcgann/status/1044202606116171781
I saw this too on Morning Joe. Darrow tracked down Ramirez. She didn’t come to them. Now, we also have confirmation today that she has wavered over whether Kavanaugh did the act or one of the others.  But that was disclosed in the New Yorker piece, anyway. 

As it stands right now (everything changes a mile a minute) I think the 2nd claim is a likely a bogus pile-on and New Yorker piece is pretty shoddy. It’s undeserving of Ronan Farrow’s byline who did such top work in the Weinstein reporting.

THAT SAID, between the false statements and the first much more credible accusation, Kavanaugh should be pulled and another nominee put forward ASAP. I know we’re not allowed to feel bad for anyone in a ‘privileged’ class anymore but if the first claim was trumped up I certainly feel bad for the guy. Oh well, it’s a nasty business out there in DC.

As it stands right now (everything changes a mile a minute) I think the 2nd claim is a likely a bogus pile-on and New Yorker piece is pretty shoddy. It’s undeserving of Ronan Farrow’s byline who did such top work in the Weinstein reporting.

THAT SAID, between the false statements and the first much more credible accusation, Kavanaugh should be pulled and another nominee put forward ASAP. I know we’re not allowed to feel bad for anyone in a ‘privileged’ class anymore but if the first claim was trumped up I certainly feel bad for the guy. Oh well, it’s a nasty business out there in DC.
The real story of the New Yorker article isn't just the allegation, although that's important.  The real story is this passage, which Farrow and Mayer put right up front in the first paragraph of the article, where it belongs:

Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote.
Think about what that means if there really is any connection between the two, which is almost certainly the case. That's not a he-said, she-said from long ago.  It doesn't depend on the truth of the allegations. It's the leadership of the political party that controls America hearing of a sexual assault allegation against a Supreme Court nominee and reacting by trying to push the nomination through to a floor vote before the accusation can be heard and vetted. In a non-Trump era that would be a massive scandal.  Even in the Trump era it's remarkable.

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 4m4 minutes ago

Jane Mayer on CBS: "We found classmates had been talking about this for weeks ... There'd been an email chain of Yale classmates of Kavanaugh talking about 'will this thing come out' long before Christine Blasey Ford came forward. We felt the public ought to know about this."

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 4m4 minutes ago

Jane Mayer on CBS: "We found classmates had been talking about this for weeks ... There'd been an email chain of Yale classmates of Kavanaugh talking about 'will this thing come out' long before Christine Blasey Ford came forward. We felt the public ought to know about this."
That should be easy to prove.  Would love to see the email chain and timestamps on them.

That year book paqe fascinates me.  I draw many negative inferences from it.  I will keep my suppositions to myself. 

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 8m8 minutes ago

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Trump says allegations against Kavanaugh 'totally political,' says 'I am with him all the way'

Alex jones? seriously?

Laura McGann‏Verified account @lkmcgann 17m17 minutes ago

This is significant. According to @JaneMayerNYer (who broke the Ramirez story), Ramirez wasn't the original source. Yale graduates knew about the story since it happened. They talked about in writing in July. This wasn't made up in the "11th hour."

https://twitter.com/lkmcgann/status/1044202606116171781

This is in direct opposition to the reporting of the NYT:

Peter Baker‏Verified account @peterbakernyt

FollowFollow @peterbakernyt

The Times interviewed dozens to corroborate 2nd allegation against Kavanaugh and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ramirez told ex-classmates she couldn't be certain Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself. ⁦@SherylNYT⁩ ⁦@npfandos⁩]

So the NYT interviewed dozens of folks and found nothing.  Since the NYT is a Tim approved news source, my assumption is that even he would put the weight there and not with the former.   This relegates this story to an extremely dubious allegation.  I find it telling that to "refresh" her memory she utilized a lawyer and not a mental health professional.  

While the allegation from Dr. Ford remains a very serious matter, all indications are here that this one has a vanishingly low veracity rating.

Users who are viewing this thread