Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
GregR

Board Upgrade Tips - FAQ in first post

It may have been mentioned but I just wanted thank the board developers for the new change to the time postings.  It is so much more helpful to have "posted xx minutes ago" that doesn't auto refresh than the actual time ...that doesn't need to change.

Also that posts more than a day old (or so) drops all time notations.  Really helps with the tracking of posts. 

With the board upgrade, is there a way to print out an entire (multi-page) topic? I was able to on the last version, but can't seem to figure it out with this one.

On 3/26/2016 at 0:17 AM, Slapdash said:

On 3/25/2016 at 7:45 PM, Slapdash said:

On 3/25/2016 at 7:45 PM, Slapdash said:
On 3/25/2016 at 2:53 PM, Peyton Marino said:

hey look what i did!

how?

Highlight both posts then click "Quote this"

http://i.imgur.com/noITZUH.png

Just turrible

(for me using FF on laptop) CTRL left click on the date/time of the top quote. Then click "quote this".

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Not that anyone gives a siht...but I keep getting 404 error for this damned forum.

And I can't seem to quote anyone in that Survivor thread...no idea why.

I've tried closing my browser, logging out and back in and it just keeps doing the same thing.

Fix this ####### #### already or go back to old board*. This is ridiculous. 

*Please.

• Like 3

Errors seemed to happen a lot during the draft. Seems like the site couldn't handle the load.

is there really only the ability to see one page of threads i've posted in?

7 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

How do we get rid of a quote box on mobile? 

Sacrifice a goat or something...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Delete your browser and re-install it from the app store. If that doesn't work, you may need to buy a new phone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

call your exorcist.

• Like 2

Can we request that audio tags be allowed?  I get how images and videos might not be preferred, but I can't imagine how audio could be so nefarious.  And, oh, how it could be so helpful in pronunciation threads!

On May 2, 2016 at 11:26 AM, FreeBaGeL said:

So this can't be done I guess? Like no takesy backsies once you decide to hit a quote button?

Maybe if you somehow tie the quote box issue in with Daily Sports...FBG's will then address it.

They'll address it multiple times daily...involving multiple emails to drum up grass roots support to get it done...otherwise, I guess it's not getting fixed and apparently won't even be responding about it.

When I scroll on mobile, I notice the flag next to the date on some posts sometimes turns blue.

Am I reporting posts by flagging them?

That happens to me as well. I assume it's not doing anything as you have to click on the flag again for a pop-up to appear and report the post from there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sports_fan said:

That happens to me as well. I assume it's not doing anything as you have to click on the flag again for a pop-up to appear and report the post from there. 

Ok...Thx

:reported:

Not like it'll get resolved but thought I'd bring it up just for confirmation...

Is anyone else seeing the..."saving" button when they post?

I'll post something.  Then want to post something else in the same thread...but when I go to hit the button...it just says "saving" and won't let me post until I give up and shut the site down out of pure unmitigated anger.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tdoss said:

Not like it'll get resolved but thought I'd bring it up just for confirmation...

Is anyone else seeing the..."saving" button when they post?

I'll post something.  Then want to post something else in the same thread...but when I go to hit the button...it just says "saving" and won't let me post until I give up and shut the site down out of pure unmitigated anger.

Yes....happens quite often when I post and then want to edit that post quickly.....can't do it until I leave site and come back....oh well......

Minor annoyance. If you scroll to the bottom of an activity stream and click load more activity, it basically brings up a "page2" of choices. So if you click to goto a thread from that page and then hit back to go back to your stream, you're stuck on page 2. It no longer shows the most recent choices for that stream until you go through the menu again to get to it. 

Sometimes when I try to quote multiple postings, I get an odd set of issues.

First when I get the set of postings in the reply section, if I do the double-enter to start my own posting, I am unable to to get there. The cursor just stays in the last quoted posting. A simple fix to this I found is to reload the page. Usually after this all is well. Sometimes (not sure how frequently, I'll have to keep better track.) after the reload, my typing is reads right to left from the left margin (kinda backwards!) See in this posting from earlier today..

Everything more than a few hours old seems dead right now. Can't even get the first page of this thread. And most of the timestamps on the FFA main page read "_date_last_year_long"

Okay, all the older threads say they were started on

_date_last_year_long

That's hysterical, but I can't get into GMTAN for love or money. That's serious business. 

Activity streams are now broken...I can't seem to pull up stuff I've posted in but haven't read since last visit.

9 hours ago, tdoss said:

Activity streams are now broken...I can't seem to pull up stuff I've posted in but haven't read since last visit.

Same here.. now it gives me stuff posted I posted in over a year ago (Feb 2015).  Also, it's now back to taking 13+ seconds to load.

This is the Tim 100k backlash. It's like Y2k all over again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Text sizing tool is gone, so if I copy something from another site it's huge and it stays huge.

Last button on the end, the Tx one, removes formatting.

Also when you first paste, there is normally a pop up that you can hit to remove formatting.  Not sure about on mobile on that last one.

• Like 1

So I'm trying to post a reply in Shady's newborn thread from my IPad and I'm unable to type anything.  When I click on reply to topic it takes me to a random post in the thread and then does not allow me to type anything.  What am I doing wrong?  Am I just an idiot (don't answer that)?

On 6/10/2016 at 5:05 PM, grateful zed said:

quoting more than once has been rendered impossible.

Yeah, it's a total cluster. Completely broken.

Putting any text after the final [ /quote ] winds up inside the last quote anyway, Makes sorting out quotes in a post impossible.

Still loving the last post you quoted is still there when you want to quote another post "feature."

• Like 1

still not a clue where the cursor is going to go when i tab

sometimes to "insert other media", sometimes to "submit reply", sometimes to the top of the page, sometimes to the poll options, sometimes it sends me back a page, sometimes it's like hitting the back button but when i hit forward again everything i typed is gone

:shrug:

Really one of the worst upgrades of anything ever...must just be hoping for the next upgrade to be better

On 6/13/2016 at 11:11 PM, Christo said:

Still loving the last post you quoted is still there when you want to quote another post "feature."

It tested very well in Latveria.

The default for quoting needs to be at least 2-3 posts. I know you can work around it but when most people are only quoting a single post it becomes very difficult to follow conversations.

On 6/18/2016 at 6:58 AM, Pedro Cerrano Fan said:

So many complaints.  I can't believe that whoever installed this message board software finished and said "yeah, that'll do".  What the ####, man

What's even more amazing is in response to all of the complaints...the response has basically been, "Yeah...that'll do."

9 hours ago, tdoss said:

What's even more amazing is in response to all of the complaints...the response has basically been, "Yeah...that'll do."

They aren't making any money by wasting time listening to users whine about free stuff not being good enough. 

Mobile down?  I'm getting an error.  

Search function is screwing up. I'm getting am HTP500 error?