What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (11 Viewers)

And yes, it’s 90% diet and stress management. Woz and I have similar challenges in these respects. Though he’s probably got 30 more lbs to lose than I do...

I’ll take this bet at whatever stakes anyone wants to pony up. Let me know. If you guys want to huddle together and come up with a fund, that’s fine too. Let’s make this interesting. 
You understand that it's not that you get to drop to 215 (*or whatever number you agree on) and then a year later get back down to 215*. 

You'd have to do weekly or biweekly weigh ins for a year.  You go over 215* even once and you lose the bet.

And yes, it’s 90% diet and stress management. Woz and I have similar challenges in these respects. Though he’s probably got 30 more lbs to lose than I do...
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Neither one of you make plans. If you fail to prepare then you're prepared to fail. Your priorities tell the story - when presented with options you consistently select the unhealthy one. When you don't it's usually just a short term phase with no sustainability.

You both chose careers that require longer hours, being put in situations to make poor health decisions, especially in regards to travel - whether it be work or leisure. Any good plan involves planning around those obstacles. If woz has chronicled his past as much as otis I've missed it, but your periods of success and failure are easy to spot in advance. When you're in structure for any amount of time you have brief periods of success. When out of structure periods pop up failure always follows. So, plan around the those obstacles. Then execute. Otherwise you'll just keep yo-yo'ing until eventually your body just taps out.

I’ll take this bet at whatever stakes anyone wants to pony up. Let me know. If you guys want to huddle together and come up with a fund, that’s fine too. Let’s make this interesting. 
I'm in for $200.  Terms I'm thinking of are lose 28lbs in 3 months (that's about a 2lb/wk clip also accounting for the few additional lbs you'll lose week 1 b/c of water weight) and stay within 5 lbs of that for the next 9 months after that.   Like always, money goes to charity.   

And, as it stands right now, even with my current weight I'm still active and can still "hang" with others doing athletic things so I haven't seen the downfall of my current weight yet.  
I don't know exactly where you fall on the middle age spectrum, but poor decisions now typically catch up to you as you near retirement. Prep your body to better handle the inevitable changes  once on the other side of 50 and it may not hit you as hard. Don't and you reap what you sow.

I'm in for $200.  Terms I'm thinking of are lose 28lbs in 3 months (that's about a 2lb/wk clip also accounting for the few additional lbs you'll lose week 1 b/c of water weight) and stay within 5 lbs of that for the next 9 months after that.   Like always, money goes to charity.   
So essentially get down to 210 within 3 months and then don't go over 215 for the next 9 months.  I would say you need biweekly weigh-ins with visual proof for those 9 months. 

The days can't be changed (without advanced notice for travel or something similar) so that if he pops up to 218, he skips a weigh in, drops the water weight for a day and fixes it the next day.  Say Wednesday and Sunday.

What the hell are you guys eating on these vacations?

I dont drink much anymore (mostly because I dont like the day-after feeling after beer # 4 or 5) but I just can't imagine getting this out of control from a diet standpoint. A little over 2 years ago I weighed in at 200 lbs at my annual work biometric screening. Scared the ever-loving #### out of me. My diet isn't amazing, but its good enough that just being a little bit active (basketball once or twice a week plus some golf)  allows me to not have to worry about it. But I was just at the end of a highly stressful and not very active period of my life. I joined a country club 2 weeks later and sweated out 17 lbs walking the golf course (I almost always walk and carry. Very rarely ride) in like 8 weeks. I could still stand to lose 8-10 lbs, but I'm pretty under control.

Again, not 100% fair to judge (as a single guy with no kids and a 40 hour a week job) but totally agree with those reinforcing that its all about discarding the excuses.

So essentially get down to 210 within 3 months and then don't go over 215 for the next 9 months.  I would say you need biweekly weigh-ins with visual proof for those 9 months. 

The days can't be changed (without advanced notice for travel or something similar) so that if he pops up to 218, he skips a weigh in, drops the water weight for a day and fixes it the next day.  Say Wednesday and Sunday.
Yes.  I don't think we need to over complicate this.   Chances are this bet is over within a month.   If Oats gets anywhere close to this, I'd be shocked.   End of the year (most likely way sooner), some charity is getting a nice donation.   

I don't know exactly where you fall on the middle age spectrum, but poor decisions now typically catch up to you as you near retirement. Prep your body to better handle the inevitable changes  once on the other side of 50 and it may not hit you as hard. Don't and you reap what you sow.
this is what prompted me to get my #### together.  i was 47 and was pushing over 200#, for the first time in my life.  i like being active, and ski a lot.  but more importantly, i wanted to be able to do things with my daughter.  including, watching her grow up.  which meant, i needed to get in shape.  aerobic shape.  heart healthy shape.  my dad keeled over at 51.  51 is just around the corner now.  so i did i needed to do, to force me to do it.  i joined the nicest gym in town, it's stupid expensive.  hired the lead trainer, at exorbitant prices.  for me, if i pay for it, i will go.  now, 2.5 years later, i'm consistently at 185#, give or take a few beers.  i still belong to the stupid expensive gym and i work out, 4 days a week, on my own.  i am in MUCH better shape.  both physically and mentally.  one of the climbs, on yesterday's hike, used to kick my ###.   it was pretty easy.

it's not about some stupid diet, it's about changing your mindset. now a days, if i don't get to the gym regularly, i get irritable.  

You understand that it's not that you get to drop to 215 (*or whatever number you agree on) and then a year later get back down to 215*. 

You'd have to do weekly or biweekly weigh ins for a year.  You go over 215* even once and you lose the bet.
I understand.  I’d want some timing flexibility.  For example, I get down to under 215 some time by year end.  And then I need to stay under 215 for a one year period some time in the next 1.5 years.  Basically to protect against getting below 215, and then going to 218 a week later, but then otherwise going to 210 for a full year some time after that.  But I understand the general framework here.  

My current standing is substantially different than our test subjects, but I've come to accept this is part of the territory when it comes to vacation - especially when it's the whole family. It isn't the vacation week, it's it plus the periods both before and after.

*Exercise suffers the week before because between work and home there's substantially more to do just to get out of the house close to when we want and time/energy eventually gets the best of me - diet kinda suffers, but not in a takeout manner...it's in an I need to eat whatever is in the fridge that will go bad before we get back manner

*Exercise continues to suffer once on vacation because, well - it's vacation. It's not a consideration on travel day(s) nor is it day one. Depending on what's going on it may get in the rotation day two, but it isn't consistent. It gets prioritied out on event days, so it only ends up happening on days in which we aren't doing anything before at least late morning and preferably afternoon. And as the week goes on the quality of it also suffers due to decisions made throughout the week.

*And that sufferage carries its way back home too. Again, not exercising on travel day(s) nor is it a priority upon getting back home. And even if the diet doesn't get away from you on vacation it does get away from you on the way home. Then again after you get home because there's no food in the house. Then once there is you get back to work and are bogged down because you missed a week or whatever with some combo of diet-exercise continuing to suffer until normalized again.

Every vacation is different, but if I limit my diet/exercise regimen break on account of vacation to any number under 14 days I'm generally happy. Then I expect an additional 14 days to return to normal. Our last vacation of the year started July 26 and I'm cautiously optimistic I'll be back to where I was July 22 sometime this week. And that's a result of detailed planning. Now just imagine if I didn't.

Day 81/100

Tonight is night 3 of 4 working overnight. Mind you, I rarely even work 3 in a row, so 4 in a row is pretty rough. Woke up about 1615 and ran 20mins/2 miles. Not sure if I want to repeat that tomorrow or do a 20min yoga session. Have to see how I feel when I get up.

Bank: $810

Otis said:
Ahem muscle weighs stuff. 

MAC_32 said:
I'm only 36. 

TLEF316 said:

I dont drink much anymore (mostly because I dont like the day-after feeling after beer # 4 or 5) but I just can't imagine getting this out of control from a diet standpoint. A little over 2 years ago I weighed in at 200 lbs at my annual work biometric screening. Scared the ever-loving #### out of me. My diet isn't amazing, but its good enough that just being a little bit active (basketball once or twice a week plus some golf)  allows me to not have to worry about it. But I was just at the end of a highly stressful and not very active period of my life. I joined a country club 2 weeks later and sweated out 17 lbs walking the golf course (I almost always walk and carry. Very rarely ride) in like 8 weeks. I could still stand to lose 8-10 lbs, but I'm pretty under control.

Again, not 100% fair to judge (as a single guy with no kids and a 40 hour a week job) but totally agree with those reinforcing that its all about discarding the excuses.
This is probably going to sound like an excuse, but genetics aren't in my favor (my dad had a weight gain at this age similar to me as well as the men on my mom's side). However, up until 27 I worked out and played so many sports that I was able to outwork a mediocre to poor diet.  I also didn't drink much. 

When I hurt my knee I basically quit the four sports that kept me in the best shape (basketball mostly then football, hockey, and soccer). After the added 30 pounds and the added work hours I stopped playing those sports because I could no longer play them at the level I had been used to. However, I could still hit a softball for the same OBP (I just moved from the outfield to the infield) and a golf ball just as far so those two sports stuck and became my two main sources of cardio - which isn't good because both don't offer near the amount of the others. 

I did walk 18 this past weekend after finally joining a country club.  I intend to do that often now. 

get a heart monitor/apple watch.  you need to elevate your heart rate.  walking 18, will burn calories, but not elevate your heart rate that much.  and softball?   :lmao:   you've got to get uncomfortable, to swing the inertia the other way.  good luck woz

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Zow
Low carb day but just leaving office now so no working. May be a good thing b/c I’m definitely feel the diet adjustment. 

Otis said:
I don't care how easy this money is I don't want to root for health failure, so despite the extremely high likelihood of winning this bet I refuse to take it. Decisions like this are why I'll never be a wealthy man, but I sleep better at night. Now please go prove me wrong, get healthy, and actually ####### stay healthy. 

Otis said:
I understand.  I’d want some timing flexibility.  For example, I get down to under 215 some time by year end.  And then I need to stay under 215 for a one year period some time in the next 1.5 years.  Basically to protect against getting below 215, and then going to 218 a week later, but then otherwise going to 210 for a full year some time after that.  But I understand the general framework here.  
So are we doing this or what?   I'm in for $200.   

I don't care how easy this money is I don't want to root for health failure, so despite the extremely high likelihood of winning this bet I refuse to take it. Decisions like this are why I'll never be a wealthy man, but I sleep better at night. Now please go prove me wrong, get healthy, and actually ####### stay healthy. 
Good post.  While I won't be betting on Otis, I will be rooting for him.

I wouldnt call it health failure.  This is the staus quo for america.  Its not like hes going to be gaining weight bc of the bet.  Likely worst case he stays the same weight and he gives some money to charity.  Likely best case he loses a few lbs and gives some money to charity.  You shouldnt be losing sleep over this.  

I wouldnt call it health failure.  This is the staus quo for america.  Its not like hes going to be gaining weight bc of the bet.  Likely worst case he stays the same weight and he gives some money to charity.  Likely best case he loses a few lbs and gives some money to charity.  You shouldnt be losing sleep over this.  
The bolded is the primary reason why this subject bothers me as much as it does.

Otis said:
Text from my dad yesterday:

Eating lunch with [Otis 5yo] and she turns to us and says “my dad is eating too much and he’s getting a fat belly”. Just sayin 
When my oldest niece was three years old she, her dad who is my brother, and her mother all came for a visit.  Her mom, my SIL, was about 7 months pregnant and getting quite huge.  My niece looked at my belly, looked up quizzically to her mom and said "Uncle (DW) is pregernant?"  I knew it was time to lose some weight.

The bolded is the primary reason why this subject bothers me as much as it does.
This bet isnt changing that.   If youre really rooting for otis, this bet might be enough to push him in the right direction.  He'll be no worse off bc of it and best case (though highly unrealistic) he wins or comes close and he changes his lifestyle forever.  Worse case for u, you give 200 to charity. 

BTW woz, I’m giving you a little head start here. These trips to Asia kick my rear. I’m going to be just trying to get by while here, and then it’ll be lights out starting next week. So try and build up a lead. While you can. 

-Bloats

BTW woz, I’m giving you a little head start here. These trips to Asia kick my rear. I’m going to be just trying to get by while here, and then it’ll be lights out starting next week. So try and build up a lead. While you can. 

-Bloats
I have three fantasy football drafts this weekend so I may hit a few speed bumps as well. 

But, 1.5 days in I'm rocking it. Turkey and cheese omelet for breakfast, some cashews for a snack, and a chicken caesar salad for lunch. The headache isn't too fun, though. 

Day 82/100

Rolled out of bed at 1600 and went for another 20min/2mile run. Today, surprisingly, was actually a little easier than yesterday, but I also took a new route that was less challenging than yesterday's run. Now at work for night 4/4. Gotta get back in the gym tomorrow evening.

Bank: $820

I hit the hotel gym this morning.  Avoided all the breads and stuff at breakfast, had a hard boiled egg and some cantaloupe and some yogurt.  Lunch was some healthy-ish looking Japanese-ish thing and a salad.  Dinner, who knows what cold gelatinous culinary delight is in store. But I do know I’ll wash it all down with as much alcohol as they’ll serve.  Kanpai!!!

Seriously guys, I have a big belly.  Need someone to make this stop.  Do I just hire a chef/trainer to live in my house, cook all my meals, and yell at me when I stare down the Oreos?

I hit the hotel gym this morning.  Avoided all the breads and stuff at breakfast, had a hard boiled egg and some cantaloupe and some yogurt.  Lunch was some healthy-ish looking Japanese-ish thing and a salad.  Dinner, who knows what cold gelatinous culinary delight is in store. But I do know I’ll wash it all down with as much alcohol as they’ll serve.  Kanpai!!!

Seriously guys, I have a big belly.  Need someone to make this stop.  Do I just hire a chef/trainer to live in my house, cook all my meals, and yell at me when I stare down the Oreos?
Just need a mirror to find that person.

Seriously, Bloats: your post is filled with words that show you won't succeed long term. 

You don't need someone. You need yourself to fix this. We don't care what you did yesterday. We care more about what you will do today.

The process to get healthy is actually pretty simple. It's the execution.

1. Wake up one day and decide that today is the last day you will accept being fat and living unhealthy.

2. Make a plan for that day to be better. 

3. Make a contingency plan if something goes off track.

4. Go back to step #1.

#2 doesn't involve potatoes or leaves or fasting for 17.2 hours. It simply involves a sustainable plan of eating much less overall and choosing healthier options over not MOST of the time. It involves 30-45 minutes of some kind of activity. That's it.

Good luck. Again.

Seriously, Bloats: your post is filled with words that show you won't succeed long term. 

You don't need someone. You need yourself to fix this. We don't care what you did yesterday. We care more about what you will do today.

The process to get healthy is actually pretty simple. It's the execution.

1. Wake up one day and decide that today is the last day you will accept being fat and living unhealthy.

2. Make a plan for that day to be better. 

3. Make a contingency plan if something goes off track.

4. Go back to step #1.

#2 doesn't involve potatoes or leaves or fasting for 17.2 hours. It simply involves a sustainable plan of eating much less overall and choosing healthier options over not MOST of the time. It involves 30-45 minutes of some kind of activity. That's it.

Good luck. Again.
Awesome post!  

Diet is about discipline and self-control.   Otis is an ambitious guy that has to have had some discipline in order to have achieved his success in life.  Now he needs to be disciplined with his diet.  Controlling our diet is extremely difficult for most of us.   We are surrounded by an abundance of food, much of it unhealthy, and food has become part of almost everything we do.   

There is no magic food that makes any of this easy.  Feeling slightly hungry is uncomfortable for most of us so we eat.   And, we tend to eat unhealthy and over-eat.   Otis needs to make the decision and devise a plan to slowly lose weight over X number of weeks to lose 10 pounds.  Once that goal is attained, he should set his next goal of another 10 pounds.  This will be boring for us to follow but life changing for our hero.   

Awesome post!  

Diet is about discipline and self-control.   Otis is an ambitious guy that has to have had some discipline in order to have achieved his success in life.  Now he needs to be disciplined with his diet.  Controlling our diet is extremely difficult for most of us.   We are surrounded by an abundance of food, much of it unhealthy, and food has become part of almost everything we do.   

There is no magic food that makes any of this easy.  Feeling slightly hungry is uncomfortable for most of us so we eat.   And, we tend to eat unhealthy and over-eat.   Otis needs to make the decision and devise a plan to slowly lose weight over X number of weeks to lose 10 pounds.  Once that goal is attained, he should set his next goal of another 10 pounds.  This will be boring for us to follow but life changing for our hero.   
You're right, good health is just not a priority. So he will always be fat - and sometimes dieting.

You're right, good health is just not a priority. So he will always be fat - and sometimes dieting.
It would be interesting if @Otis answered that question directly.

Honestly rank the top 5-10 most important things in your life.  We know kids and wife will be at or near the top.  But then....

I'm pretty sure eating well or going out or "enjoying life" is going to be higher than "eating healthy" or "eating less". 

It would be interesting if @Otis answered that question directly.

Honestly rank the top 5-10 most important things in your life.  We know kids and wife will be at or near the top.  But then....

I'm pretty sure eating well or going out or "enjoying life" is going to be higher than "eating healthy" or "eating less". 
I'm willing to admit this has been true for me the last 7 or so years. 

My health was of high importance to me prior to that for indirect reasons. I wanted to look good and get laid. I wanted to excel at sports such as baseball, basketball, hockey, football, and soccer that required a high level of physical health in order to excel. Those concerns went away and were replaced by focusing on family, making money, and excelling at two sports that I can play relatively just as well carrying a 45 lbs. plate. In other words my immediate priorities and focus didn't require great health and eating what I wanted when I wanted was a nice way to provide immediate stress relief. And, you know, dinner with my wife, good food tasting food whenever and wherever, and good craft beer are just genuinely fun things to enjoy. 

I'm willing to admit this has been true for me the last 7 or so years. 

My health was of high importance to me prior to that for indirect reasons. I wanted to look good and get laid. I wanted to excel at sports such as baseball, basketball, hockey, football, and soccer that required a high level of physical health in order to excel. Those concerns went away and were replaced by focusing on family, making money, and excelling at two sports that I can play relatively just as well carrying a 45 lbs. plate. In other words my immediate priorities and focus didn't require great health and eating what I wanted when I wanted was a nice way to provide immediate stress relief. And, you know, dinner with my wife, good food tasting food whenever and wherever, and good craft beer are just genuinely fun things to enjoy. 
1) There's other ways to relieve stress. Exercise is one, btw.

2) Yes, those are fun things to enjoy. Are they a higher priority than your overall health, though? Right now (and for the last few years) they clearly are. Should it be that way?

3) Focusing on your family is absolutely important. And if you care about them and they are a priority for you, then you need to take better care of yourself. Don't be that cliche of the Dad that passed way too young. Or develops high blood pressure and diabetes by age 45 or 50 and remains chronically ill and/or on medication for the rest of your life. If your priority is your family, then take care of yourself so you can be there for them not just today but when they graduate, get married, have kids, etc. 

I used to be super active like you in HS and college. I was 6'2" and 190 pounds. Then, like you, schooling happened, then long work hours, then marriage, then kids, then more work, and 15 years passed and I'm barely active and averaging between 220-225. I got up to 228 at one point and felt disgusting.

Almost 3 years ago, just after turning 40, my wife told me I needed to take better care of myself. At that time, it was a higher priority for her than for me. Like you, I enjoy eating whatever I want whenever I want. I enjoy beer. And I barely had enough time.  I saw my doctor and my cholesterol numbers were still elevated and now I needed to start taking something. At least it was borderline.

So I decided at that point I needed to make it a priority. Started working out. Then started running. Didn't even really change my diet but stopped the excess snacking and desserts. Decreased my portions. Stopped eating my kid's leftovers after I already ate.  On the whole. small changes, but consistent changes.

Within 3 months my cholesterol numbers were completely normal (from running). No meds needed and won't be needed. I'm down below 200 pounds and have been for the last 2 1/2 years with the exception of a blip up to almost 210 this last winter from travel/injury/lack of control. I'm now back down to my lowest yet at 197 and still going. 

I seem to have more time for things despite exercising more. I have more energy. I feel better. My wife feels better. And I know I want to not feel like I did just a couple years ago ever again.  I've learned how to allocate my time more efficiently. I still eat great food. Trust me, I don't do low carbs or limit fats or not eat sugar or desserts.  I don't eat kale or bean sprouts or avocado toast.  That's just not me and never will be.  When we go out to eat, I order whatever I want.  We eat pasta at home regularly.  We eat steak.  I fry catfish at home.  Eggs regularly in the morning.  But I don't overeat anymore. I have to work at it sometimes but now it's a lot easier because it's just who I am and it's my lifestyle now. I make getting out to run 5-6x/week a priority.  I could still stand to lose more weight, but I'm definitely healthier than I've been since I was 20 years old.  And staying this way takes priority over overindulging on food I like or drinking beer all the time.  And by doing so, I'm showing my family that I care about myself to be there for them and model the same behavior for them.

It's up to you what you want to prioritize.

1) There's other ways to relieve stress. Exercise is one, btw.

2) Yes, those are fun things to enjoy. Are they a higher priority than your overall health, though? Right now (and for the last few years) they clearly are. Should it be that way?

3) Focusing on your family is absolutely important. And if you care about them and they are a priority for you, then you need to take better care of yourself. Don't be that cliche of the Dad that passed way too young. Or develops high blood pressure and diabetes by age 45 or 50 and remains chronically ill and/or on medication for the rest of your life. If your priority is your family, then take care of yourself so you can be there for them not just today but when they graduate, get married, have kids, etc. 

I used to be super active like you in HS and college. I was 6'2" and 190 pounds. Then, like you, schooling happened, then long work hours, then marriage, then kids, then more work, and 15 years passed and I'm barely active and averaging between 220-225. I got up to 228 at one point and felt disgusting.

Almost 3 years ago, just after turning 40, my wife told me I needed to take better care of myself. At that time, it was a higher priority for her than for me. Like you, I enjoy eating whatever I want whenever I want. I enjoy beer. And I barely had enough time.  I saw my doctor and my cholesterol numbers were still elevated and now I needed to start taking something. At least it was borderline.

So I decided at that point I needed to make it a priority. Started working out. Then started running. Didn't even really change my diet but stopped the excess snacking and desserts. Decreased my portions. Stopped eating my kid's leftovers after I already ate.  On the whole. small changes, but consistent changes.

Within 3 months my cholesterol numbers were completely normal (from running). No meds needed and won't be needed. I'm down below 200 pounds and have been for the last 2 1/2 years with the exception of a blip up to almost 210 this last winter from travel/injury/lack of control. I'm now back down to my lowest yet at 197 and still going. 

I seem to have more time for things despite exercising more. I have more energy. I feel better. My wife feels better. And I know I want to not feel like I did just a couple years ago ever again.  I've learned how to allocate my time more efficiently. I still eat great food. Trust me, I don't do low carbs or limit fats or not eat sugar or desserts.  I don't eat kale or bean sprouts or avocado toast.  That's just not me and never will be.  When we go out to eat, I order whatever I want.  We eat pasta at home regularly.  We eat steak.  I fry catfish at home.  Eggs regularly in the morning.  But I don't overeat anymore. I have to work at it sometimes but now it's a lot easier because it's just who I am and it's my lifestyle now. I make getting out to run 5-6x/week a priority.  I could still stand to lose more weight, but I'm definitely healthier than I've been since I was 20 years old.  And staying this way takes priority over overindulging on food I like or drinking beer all the time.  And by doing so, I'm showing my family that I care about myself to be there for them and model the same behavior for them.

It's up to you what you want to prioritize.
Really great posting. And you’re right. I know I don’t have any excuses. I’ve made a very positive change in my life in the past two years of getting in a normal gym routine in the mornings. That was a huge step, and my only regret there is not doing it sooner.  But as to diet, I just haven’t made it a priority. Full stop. I’ve instead prioritized living in the moment, celebrating and just enjoying whatever was in front of me. 

You’re right it’s not sustainable, and I need to change my priorities. That’s 100% on me. And the damnedest part about it is that it’s not like I have to get up and do something.  I just need to stop putting so much garbage and alcohol in my mouth. It’s really that simple. 

Really great posting. And you’re right. I know I don’t have any excuses. I’ve made a very positive change in my life in the past two years of getting in a normal gym routine in the mornings. That was a huge step, and my only regret there is not doing it sooner.  But as to diet, I just haven’t made it a priority. Full stop. I’ve instead prioritized living in the moment, celebrating and just enjoying whatever was in front of me. 

You’re right it’s not sustainable, and I need to change my priorities. That’s 100% on me. And the damnedest part about it is that it’s not like I have to get up and do something.  I just need to stop putting so much garbage and alcohol in my mouth. It’s really that simple. 
Pretty much.  Yet so difficult because it tastes so good. 

I noticed last night my wife bought my kids' double stuffed Oreos. :mellow:  

Going on record that 5 hour delays in airports are not great for the program. 2 huge pours of a great Barolo down, Spanish shrimp, bruschetta. Now flatbread. Sorta wipes out my 45 min Peleton ride, huh? 

Day 83/100

Finished my 4 night stretch last night/this morning. Went to sleep about 9, slept straight through until 1745. It was glorious. Went to the gym, and started out with 10mins on the elliptical, then a 40min upper body workout. Finished up with a 1 mile run for a cool down. I'm pretty proud of that, considering that I couldn't even run a mile when I started this, and now I'm running one as a cool down. Tomorrow will be a long run day, then I have to work another night.

Bank: $830

Day 83/100

Finished my 4 night stretch last night/this morning. Went to sleep about 9, slept straight through until 1745. It was glorious. Went to the gym, and started out with 10mins on the elliptical, then a 40min upper body workout. Finished up with a 1 mile run for a cool down. I'm pretty proud of that, considering that I couldn't even run a mile when I started this, and now I'm running one as a cool down. Tomorrow will be a long run day, then I have to work another night.

Bank: $830
@Otis and @Zow

See, this dude keeps plugging away. Worked 4 nights in a row yet still always made time, even if just a little or less than usual to get some exercise in. Priority.

There's days I don't always feel like going out for a run. But I get out there anyway. And when I'm done, I've yet to regret getting out there afterward. I have regretted not doing so when it was easier to sleep in a little or sit around instead of getting out there.

@Tecumseh didn't just drop 5 pounds in a day. But the fact he got out there in between his 3rd and 4th night, especially when he's not used to that schedule is far more impressive to me. He could have gained weight this last day and he still won. Couldn't run a mile before and now it's a cool down. He's proud of that and he should be. 

He's earned every dollar he's put away. But more importantly, at the end of 100 days, I hope he keeps it up without the need for setting money aside or posting here. I think he will. 

He has made a plan and he's stuck to it. A sustainable, long term plan. He's seen he can do it even when work sucks. And while the end of his 100 days is coming up soon and I don't want to steal any thunder prematurely, I can't wait to hear how he feels now compared to when he first started.

@Otis and @Zow

See, this dude keeps plugging away. Worked 4 nights in a row yet still always made time, even if just a little or less than usual to get some exercise in. Priority.

There's days I don't always feel like going out for a run. But I get out there anyway. And when I'm done, I've yet to regret getting out there afterward. I have regretted not doing so when it was easier to sleep in a little or sit around instead of getting out there.

@Tecumseh didn't just drop 5 pounds in a day. But the fact he got out there in between his 3rd and 4th night, especially when he's not used to that schedule is far more impressive to me. He could have gained weight this last day and he still won. Couldn't run a mile before and now it's a cool down. He's proud of that and he should be. 

He's earned every dollar he's put away. But more importantly, at the end of 100 days, I hope he keeps it up without the need for setting money aside or posting here. I think he will. 

He has made a plan and he's stuck to it. A sustainable, long term plan. He's seen he can do it even when work sucks. And while the end of his 100 days is coming up soon and I don't want to steal any thunder prematurely, I can't wait to hear how he feels now compared to when he first started.
I don’t disagree with what you said but can I at least fail first this time before being made to feel badly? 

Users who are viewing this thread