What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

Team looks decent man.. One more starting RB and one more upper WR and team would look real good bro
I agree, and I'm hoping some of my bench picks turn into stars which some have potential to do. Parker Coleman Rogers booker Richard all have potential to be great this season 

Don't like passing on those 2 WR's.  Pick 4 was giddy I'm sure.  Seems solid nonetheless.  You wanted that Skins backfield pretty badly huh? Lol.  Good luck 
I debated for hours before the draft between Julio/Odell and DJ.. wanted DJ on another team so went for it.. As for the skins backfield you know I like takin cuffs and with Jones's looming shoulder although Kelley has the upper hand I'm not counting out Marshall just yet..  Actually was going to take Michael instead of Marshall to cuff Rawls but some dude took him in the 8th round so i would have had to take him in the 7th and that was too rich for me..

One of my favorite drafts 

7 hole

Bortles, Fitz, Prescott

Foster, Duke, DeAngelo, Dion, Ajayi, Booker, Michael

Robinson, Jordy, Demaryius, Lockett, Cruz, Perriman

Olsen, Amaro

Gould

Seattle

7 hole

Bortles, Fitz, Prescott

Olsen, Amaro

Gould

Seattle
Nice draft , don't like the idea of 3 qbs though and not sure what round you drafted dion in but sounds like he may not play At all. I think Dthomas is going to be the steal of the draft this year with how far he has fallen. 

outta the 5 spot

Rivers(9) Fitzpatrick(17)

DeMarco Murray(4) Jeremy Hill(5) James White (10) Ajayi(11) Sproles(12) Barner(20)

AJ(1) Cooper(2) Demaryius(3) DeVante Parker(6) Sterling Shepard(8) Treadwell(13) Coates(15) Doctson(18)

Gates(7) Jesse James(14)

Santos(19)

KC(16)

I like my rbs for going wr wr wr, got a bunch of guys who could end up my 2nd flex, i will probably go Shepard week 1. Bench rbs are sketchy but i feel like that's mainly the score on everyones team

Nice draft , don't like the idea of 3 qbs though and not sure what round you drafted dion in but sounds like he may not play At all. I think Dthomas is going to be the steal of the draft this year with how far he has fallen. 
No problem for me taking a late round flier on Prescott as a 3rd QB.. Took Dion in the 10th..  No one knows with the Pats and their mum on injuries..  He may only miss a month to half season or the whole season.. Risk I was willing to take in the 10th for 2nd half of the season rewards.. Demaryius will get his numbers no matter who throws the ball.. They can't be any worse then Peyton was last year

Being in Denver, I think all of Demaryius, Emmanuel and especially Virgil Green are nice values. I am shocked that Virgil Green has no hype -- Kubiak offense that is focused on TE's and he is only legit one they have. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is a top 10 TE that is going at the end of drafts. I like Sanders slightly more than Demaryius but think both do well at their current values (Thomas in 3rd, Sanders in 6th).

Did one last night and it seems most are the same this year more than any other year...  Everyone sticking with WR Heavy and loading up on the back in middle to late rounds.. It might be whoever hits on these RB Clusters...  Anyways here is my team..  I like it but will RB production to win the league.

Manning, Tannehill

McCoy, M. Jones, Jennings, Yeldon, D. Washington, K. Dixon, R. Kelley

Odell, Evans, Tate, Sanders, Mathews, Stills

Fleener, Bennett, James

Wash, McManus

Draft was relatively RB heavy so went with more receivers.

QB- Palmer

RB- Demarco Murray, Melvin Gordon, Crowell, Coleman, Booker, Kelley, West

WR- Brown, Hilton, Jordy Nelson, Sanders, Crabtree, Hogan, Tyrell Williams

TE- Ertz, Green

Eagles, McManus

QB- Luck

RB- Lacy, Forte, Vereen, Booker, Ware, Richard

WR- Julio, Hilton, Parker, Coleman, Wheaton, Eli rogers, Conley, Mitchell

Te- Fleener, J.Thomas, Mcdonald

Def- Seattle

K- Tucker

Thoughts??

Did one last night and it seems most are the same this year more than any other year...  Everyone sticking with WR Heavy and loading up on the back in middle to late rounds.. It might be whoever hits on these RB Clusters...  Anyways here is my team..  I like it but will RB production to win the league.

Manning, Tannehill

Fleener, Bennett, James

Wash, McManus
Agree.  90% of all these teams look identical.  Will come down to the mid rd rbs/WR's and who found this year's Devonta Freeman/Allen Robinson adding to the same core everyone seemingly has already. 

There's your winners.  

Manning, Tannehill

Fleener, Bennett, James

Wash, McManus
damn, I like those WR's.  Love McCoy this year too.

good team.

QB- Luck

RB- Lacy, Forte, Vereen, Booker, Ware, Richard

WR- Julio, Hilton, Parker, Coleman, Wheaton, Eli rogers, Conley, Mitchell

Te- Fleener, J.Thomas, Mcdonald

Def- Seattle

K- Tucker

Thoughts??
I would give it a C+......

I don't like Luck at all this year and for where you drafted him you could have likely had a better RB3 on your team. Im not a fan of Hilton this year either. Really a lot of it comes down to player evaluation and projection. I like lacy as an RB2, but not RB1. The only two people I like that you drafted were Julio and Lacy. Really though at the end of the day you need to grab one or two really good free agents (all teams do) in order to be great and finish #1 in your league.

Ok so this was the last one... From 8 hole:

QB: Cousins (14), Mariota (15)

RB: DJ (1), Lacy (3), Foster (7), Henry (8), Ivory (11), Lewis (13)

WR: Evans (1), Moncrief (4), Gordon (5), Lockett (6), Funchess (9), Perriman (16), Agholor (17)

TE: Ebron (10), Clay (12), Cameron (18)

D: NYG (20)

K: Bailey (19)

Dat is it! GL to all.  

3 down, 3 to go...

From 1.10:

Rivers, Bortles

Peterson, Bernard, Abdullah, Ivory, Ajayi, D.Lewis, T.Ervin

AR-15, Maclin, Moncrief, Lockett, Michael Thomas, Rish.Matthews, Tyr.Williams

Bennett, Higbee

Rams, Vinatieri

From 1.03:

Palmer, Carr

Bernard, Sims, Riddick, Powell, Vereen, McKinnon, Draughn

Julio, Hilton, Landry, Fitzgerald, Lockett, Tyr.Williams, Jaron Brown

Julius, Ebron

Vikings, Crosby

From 1.05:

Palmer, Dak

L.Miller, DeAngelo, Sproles, Booker, Chr.Thompson, Draughn, Ch.West

Beckham, Cobb, Michael Floyd, Hurns, Desean Jackson, Dorsett, Tyr.Williams

Kelce, M.Bennett

Rams, Catanzaro

WR: Evans (1), Moncrief (4), Gordon (5), Lockett (6), Funchess (9), Perriman (16), Agholor (17)

Dat is it! GL to all.  
Nice team Gildz. Sure you'll get the itch to draft another before next Thursday. 

Dat is it! GL to all.  
We have a lot of the same players. You sure you don't like my teams? Unless you hate this team you like mine.

Dat is it! GL to all.  
I'm doing my 1, tonight.  Your team is exactly what I'm hoping for except for Funchess, Agholor & Cameron.

I'll buy it off you!

We have a lot of the same players. You sure you don't like my teams? Unless you hate this team you like mine.
Draft from 5 spot... Give me the $300K now.

QB: Stafford, Rivers, Mariota, Taylor

RB: Gurley, Lacey, Rawls, D-Will, Jeremy Hill

WR: DThom, Fitz, Hurns, Davante Adams, Pharaoh Cooper, Garcon

TE: Ebron, ASJ, Rodgers

PK: Aguayo

DF: Hous

This one?  I suppose.  Think I have some more juice in the WR dept.  also like DJ a lot more then Gurley this year.  And no Henry.  But point taken.  Not far off as a whole.  Don't believe I ever said I didn't like this team either.  Think it's probably light on WR's to be honest.  Not much at all after Hurns.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing my 1, tonight.  Your team is exactly what I'm hoping for except for Funchess, Agholor & Cameron.

I'll buy it off you!
I could have taken Ladarius over Agholor also! Bone head move.  Would really love this team if I took Greene.  Pretty sure Jordan Cameron is terrible.  

7 hole

Bortles, Fitz, Prescott

Olsen, Amaro

Gould

Seattle
I like this team a lot.  Olsen falling to 4.6 is pretty crazy.  Lockett as a WR4 is $ as well.  Cuffing Foster is also big when going zero RB. Would have added a couple late rd TE's tho just for insurance    

But overall, Nicely done.  

Have a couple favorite teams heading into the season..  That means they will SUCK I'm sure..

Team 1

Big Ben, Stafford

Hyde, M. Gordon, Riddick, Henry, Prosise, Kelley, Dixon, West

ODB, D. Thomas, Hilton, M. Jones, Aiken

Walker, Ebron, Gillmore

Seattle, Walsh

Team 2

Cousins, Stafford

D. Johnson, Hyde, Gordon, Foster, M. Jones, J. Howard

Cooper, Landry , Tate, V. Jackson, C. Hogan, E. Rodgers, S. Coates

Z. Miller, Gilmore, Hooper

Seattle, Walsh

These are my favorite two..  We will see how they turn out..  I have several teams where J. Gordon is my fourth receiver and those teams will look great after week 4...  Including the one I posted where I have Brown, Allen, Cooper, and Gordon...  Those are some nice receivers if they stay healthy..

This is another that I think can be pretty good.

Brees, Ryan

Bell, Hyde, Langford, D. Johnson, Booker, Hightower, Gillesee

ODB, Cooper, Funchess, T. Smith, K. Stills, C. Hogan, S. Coates

Eifert, Whitten

Denver, McManus

1st hole last night

QB - Eli Manning, J Winston

RB - Ingram, Hyde, M Gordon, T Riddick, Artis-payne, T West, E Tyler

WR - A Brown, J Landry, Edelman, K Aiken, R Mathews, R Woods

TE - Gates, Bennet, James

DST - LA Rams

K - M Prater

Won this entree in a satellite league last year and I thought this went pretty well. 

Good luck to all

Have a couple favorite teams heading into the season..  That means they will SUCK I'm sure..

Team 1

Big Ben, Stafford

Hyde, M. Gordon, Riddick, Henry, Prosise, Kelley, Dixon, West

ODB, D. Thomas, Hilton, M. Jones, Aiken

Walker, Ebron, Gillmore

Seattle, Walsh

Team 2

Cousins, Stafford

D. Johnson, Hyde, Gordon, Foster, M. Jones, J. Howard

Cooper, Landry , Tate, V. Jackson, C. Hogan, E. Rodgers, S. Coates

Z. Miller, Gilmore, Hooper

Seattle, Walsh

These are my favorite two..  We will see how they turn out..  I have several teams where J. Gordon is my fourth receiver and those teams will look great after week 4...  Including the one I posted where I have Brown, Allen, Cooper, and Gordon...  Those are some nice receivers if they stay healthy..
Team 2 doesn't seem that strong to me.  Team 1 Iike considerably more.  Maybe due to my man crush on DH.  

Team 2 doesn't seem that strong to me.  Team 1 Iike considerably more.  Maybe due to my man crush on DH.  
M. Jones as #5 RB is great depth and you know as well as me that is what you need in this contest..  And still have Cooper, Landry, Tate...  Plenty of options I guess is why I like it so much

My addiction could not sit idle.  Drafted another team this morning from the 8 spot.  I really like it.  Time will tell.

Rivers (11), Dalton (12)

Charles (3), Gordon (6), Hill (7), Vereen (13), Kelley (15), Artis-Payne (17)

Green (1), Evans (2), Decker (4), Crabtree (5), Snead (9), Stills (14), Tyrell Williams (20)

Gates (8), Ebron (10), Brate (18)

Who cares (19)

Houston (16)

Did one more to fill a three-pack and am now all done for the year. Ended up w/ 9 drafts this year vs. 15 last year as I did better in other formats but still wanted to give it a shot. Good luck to everyone.

QB- Eli Manning, Andy Dalton

RB- CJ Anderson, Jeremy Langford, TJ Yeldon, Christine Michael, Tyler Ervin, Jonathan Williams

WR- Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Eric Decker, Marvin Jones, Chris Hogan, Markus Wheaton, Breshad Perriman

TE- Dwayne Allen, Virgil Green, Cameron Brate

K- Justin Tucker

D- Eagles

ffrookie said:
Did one more to fill a three-pack and am now all done for the year. Ended up w/ 9 drafts this year vs. 15 last year as I did better in other formats but still wanted to give it a shot. Good luck to everyone.

QB- Eli Manning, Andy Dalton

RB- CJ Anderson, Jeremy Langford, TJ Yeldon, Christine Michael, Tyler Ervin, Jonathan Williams

WR- Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Eric Decker, Marvin Jones, Chris Hogan, Markus Wheaton, Breshad Perriman

TE- Dwayne Allen, Virgil Green, Cameron Brate

K- Justin Tucker

D- Eagles
I think the FBGPC is the toughest of all the tournaments, and it isn't really close.  HUGE player pool, unique setup and scoring.  its the one format I have tended to be least successful overall. 

I was pretty confused in my draft yesterday.  Maybe people in here can help me out?  HITF does someone take DeAngelo Williams over Jerremy Hill?  Seriously!  A 3 week starter vs the workhorse in a running offense.  I just don't get it.  I also don't understand 357 year old Frank Gore over Hill, but that's another argument.  I would like to hear someone's logic on the Williams pick.  Upside?  Bell injury prone?  Bell probably going to be out of football in two years for being a #######? 

I think people need to stop trying to overthink this stuff.  Then again, maybe that is why I don't do well in the FBG.

Depending on team construction, I don't think Deangelo over Hill is that crazy and may even make sense.  DWill will be a top-10 option for these first 3 weeks.  Probably a safe assumption.  Will Hill be a top-10 option for 1 week even all season?  Then add in the 11-week schedule, a RB1 for a 1/4 of reg season is pretty big.  If DWill helps teams get to 3-0, he's well worth that pick.  That kind of start in this format is $.

Then at worst case scenario, he's the best handcuff in the game from week 4 fwd. 

Depending on team construction, I don't think Deangelo over Hill is that crazy and may even make sense.  DWill will be a top-10 option for these first 3 weeks.  Probably a safe assumption.  Will Hill be a top-10 option for 1 week even all season?  Then add in the 11-week schedule, a RB1 for a 1/4 of reg season is pretty big.  If DWill helps teams get to 3-0, he's well worth that pick.  That kind of start in this format is $.

Then at worst case scenario, he's the best handcuff in the game from week 4 fwd. 
yeah, not buying it.

Outta the 6 hole. Went rb rb to change it up

Luck (7) fitzmagic(17)

David Johnson(1) Lamar Miller(2) Latavius Murray(5) Perkins(14)Ervin(15) Artis Payne(19)

Cooks(3) Decker(4) Lockett(6) Parker(8) John Brown(10) Aiken(13) Agholar(20)

Witten(9) Zach Miller(11) Vance McDonald(12)

NE(16)

Walsh (18)

Had the #1 pick tonight.  Went WR-WR-WR which turned out great, with Martin falling to the 4th.  

QB: Bortles (11), Dalton (14)

RB: D. Martin (4), Hyde (5), M. Gordon (6), D. Booker (12), C. West (15), Jonathan Williams (20)

WR: A. Brown (1), D. Thomas (2), A. Cooper (3), D. Parker (10), Michael Thomas (13), Charles Johnson (18)

TE:  Julius Thomas (7), Eifert (8), Martellus Bennett (9)

K:  Bailey (19)

D:  New England (16), Philadelphia (17)

This was the first draft I scheduled back in June to get the free subscription to this site.. Was filled in early July and ended up with the dreaded 12 pick .. Decided I was going to wait till mid to late teens to take QB and TE and work the wire if and when needed so I could load up elsewhere.. We'll see how it works out..

Osweiler, Prescott

Bell, Rawls, Matt jones, Ivory, Deangelo, Terrence West, Michael, Chris Thompson

Keenan Allen, Maclin, Kelvin Benjamin, Gordon, Sharpe, Cruz

Jesse James, Crockett Gillmore

Gostkowski

Seattle

Had the #1 pick tonight.  Went WR-WR-WR which turned out great, with Martin falling to the 4th.  

QB: Bortles (11), Dalton (14)

RB: D. Martin (4), Hyde (5), M. Gordon (6), D. Booker (12), C. West (15), Jonathan Williams (20)

WR: A. Brown (1), D. Thomas (2), A. Cooper (3), D. Parker (10), Michael Thomas (13), Charles Johnson (18)

TE:  Julius Thomas (7), Eifert (8), Martellus Bennett (9)

K:  Bailey (19)

D:  New England (16), Philadelphia (17)
That is a damn solid team right there.

I had the #6 pick tonight. I thought it went well would have done things slightly differently in hindsight.

QB: Wilson (5), RG3 (15)

RB: Peterson (2), J. Charles (4), Abdullah (8), T. West (10), T. Ervin (17)

WR: Robinson (1), Watkins (3), Hurns (6), T Benjamin (9), Sanu (11), Woods (13), Britt (14), Patton (16)

TE: Allen (7), J. James (12), L. Green (18)

D: Jets (19)

K: McManus (20)

So some thoughts...

1) People were pretty smart in this draft.

2) Went with Robinson over Hopkins at the 6th spot. Maybe a reach but I'd rather go with Bortles throwing the ball and a proven QB than Osweiler. I'm OK with this pick.

2) Right before I picked Wilson in the 5th, Newton was picked, so I figured there may be a run on QBs - I grabbed Wilson, but people kept waiting on QBs. In hindsight I would have picked Langford here, and grabbed another QB later. Would have really liked my team overall since my RBs are a bit shady.

3) Drafted Charles in the 4th round, thought the reward was too good there. Ware was taken in the 7th round, I would have taken him in the 9th if I could. Again, if I could have grabbed Langford in the 5th I think I would be set.

4) I have the 2 Allens (Robinson/Hurns). Going to be interesting - probably going to be starting both of them many times throughout the season, lol.

I had the #6 pick tonight. I thought it went well would have done things slightly differently in hindsight.

QB: Wilson (5), RG3 (15)

RB: Peterson (2), J. Charles (4), Abdullah (8), T. West (10), T. Ervin (17)

WR: Robinson (1), Watkins (3), Hurns (6), Benjamin (9), Sanu (11), Woods (13), Britt (14), Patton (16)

TE: Allen (7), J. James (12), L. Green (18)

D: Jets (19)

K: McManus (20)

So some thoughts...

1) People were pretty smart in this draft.

2) Went with Robinson over Hopkins at the 6th spot. Maybe a reach but I'd rather go with Bortles throwing the ball and a proven QB than Osweiler. I'm OK with this pick.

2) Right before I picked Wilson in the 5th, Newton was picked, so I figured there may be a run on QBs - I grabbed Wilson, but people kept waiting on QBs. In hindsight I would have picked Langford here, and grabbed another QB later. Would have really liked my team overall since my RBs are a bit shady.

3) Drafted Charles in the 4th round, thought the reward was too good there. Ware was taken in the 7th round, I would have taken him in the 9th if I could. Again, if I could have grabbed Langford in the 5th I think I would be set.

4) I have the 2 Allens (Robinson/Hurns). Going to be interesting - probably going to be starting both of them many times throughout the season, lol.

Doesn't look very strong if I'm honest.  Charles in the 4th may not be a value at this point.  Who even knows when he's going to play.  Then expecting Ware to fall to rd 9 now??  That's pretty wishful thinking if you ask me.  Heck he could be the back to own of the 2.  Looks like you reached for those TE's also. Those WR's past rd 9 are all bench fodder.   Would have went RB/TE over Wilson.  Still don't understand going QB early when u can get guys like Palmer/Bortles/Eli all 5-7 rds later.   Heck brees went rd 10 in my last one.  So much value at that position this year. 

GL tho

Da Gildz said:
Doesn't look very strong if I'm honest.  Charles in the 4th may not be a value at this point.  Who even knows when he's going to play.  Then expecting Ware to fall to rd 9 now??  That's pretty wishful thinking if you ask me.  Heck he could be the back to own of the 2.  Looks like you reached for those TE's also. Those WR's past rd 9 are all bench fodder.   Would have went RB/TE over Wilson.  Still don't understand going QB early when u can get guys like Palmer/Bortles/Eli all 5-7 rds later.   Heck brees went rd 10 in my last one.  So much value at that position this year. 

GL tho
Totally agree with you on Wilson, still kickign myself. Appreciate the honesty!

Last one of the year for me from the 3 hole.  

QB: Palmer (11), Taylor (12), Osweiller (20 for week 1 matchup)

RB: Freeman (2), Gordon (7), Jennings (8), Yeldon (9), Kelley (14), Allen (16)

WR: Brown (1), Watkins (3), Fitzgerald (5), R. Matthews (10), Dorsett (13), T. Williams (18)

TE: Kielce (4), Thomas (6), Cameron (17)

PK: Who cares (19)

TD: Houston (15)

As it happens, rate my team liked this one the best of all of my FBG teams.  We will see.  One more draft this year and it is the last Main event draft Saturday night.

Good luck to everyone this year.

Anyone doing the main events this year? Curious if they have been very different from the regular FBG drafts?
I've done one...  Players moved up a lot, Evans number 7 over Hopkins and Robinson..  Tell me what you think.. I have the upside needed to win big, maybe find one RB on waiver wire at some time..

Brees, Fitzpatrick

D. Johnson, Gore, M. Jones, Crowell, Sproles, DJ Foster

Marshall, D. Thomas, Tate, Gordon, Parker, Patton, D. Adams

Fleener, Walford, ASJ

Seattle, Gostkowski

ok, last one. From the 4th spot. I think I did much better, waited on QB and went ahead and snagged Brady in the 10th.

QB: T Brady (10), K Cousins (15)

RB: A Peterson (2), J Langford (4), A Abdullah (6), F Gore (8), J McKinnon (13), A Ellington (18)

WR: J Jones (1), S Watkins (3), A Hurns (5), D Funchess (9), S Coates (12), N Agholor (14), R Woods (16)

TE: A Gates (7), E Ebron (11), J Tamme (17)

PK: C Santos (20)

TD: NYJ (19)

Really wanted Fitzgerald in the 5th but someone snagged him just before me, went with Hurns.

Users who are viewing this thread