What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official Westworld Thread ***** (2 Viewers)

At this point, we are all supposed to be guessing who is in Charlotte's body.  Episode 3 was filled with clues, but not answers.

We know Doloros took 4 or 5 head-pearls with her when she left the island.  She was in Charlotte's body at the time, and was merged with the violent Wyatt character.  She is now in her own body, and put a pearl in the Scottish security guy and another in Charlotte.  This will be one of the big reveal themes of the season - who did she bring with her and which bodies is she putting them in?

The best theory I've read is that Dolores separated her consciousness from Wyatt.  Wyatt is in Dolores' body, and Dolores is in Charlotte's.  This theory is consistent with almost all of the episode 3 dialogue and behaviors. 
Not sure I buy this. Charlotte was all confused as to who she was and whose body whe was in and what her plan was. Unless Dolores is not the mastermind behind this thing,..

Not sure I buy this. Charlotte was all confused as to who she was and whose body whe was in and what her plan was. Unless Dolores is not the mastermind behind this thing,..
I take no credit for the theory, but it does appeal to me.  Ripped from this article on the Ringer -- https://www.theringer.com/2020/3/31/21201052/westworld-season-3-episode-3-theories-charlotte-hale-host-dolores-caleb
Question answered, I guess. 

I'm still all-in on the WW.

Awesome episode.  Boobs, blood and man in black.  I'm all in.

One thing I didn't put together:  What is the significance of the under the fingernail pin ##### Charlotte-Dolores gave the man in black on his neck just before loading him in the car?

ETA: ^pinprick

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome episode.  Boobs, blood and man in black.  I'm all in.

One thing I didn't put together:  What is the significance of the under the fingernail pin ##### Charlotte-Dolores gave the man in black on his neck just before loading him in the car?

ETA: ^pinprick
I wasn't watching very closely but I assumed she was grabbing a bit of DNA to recreate him or something. 

I will keep watching but I am not sure I understand what is going on. Are we supposed to know who Charlotte really is? I am not getting this at all. I am not sure I even understand Delores's end game is or why she is doing it. 

While I liked this show I do find it hard to have any emotional connection to the robots. Any robot character that gets hurt or killed does not bother me as I know it was just machinery and they cam make another. I felt worse for people at the gala and I have no idea who they were but they were real people with lives.

delores is all of the helpers too, she is in Charlotte and the bodyguard.   Her human helper is real.  the world they are in is earth, in the future.   Maeve is herself, bernard and tubbs themselves.   Everyone else is human.   It appears that Delores plan is to clone everyone and replace them with either herself, or the bots from the park

unfortunately, I think I'm out. I've watched since day 1, but I've lost interest. it seems like they've made it intentionally convoluted in the name of keeping 'edgy'. I realized that I didn't care any more when I was more interested in surfing on my phone than paying attention. 

unfortunately, I think I'm out. I've watched since day 1, but I've lost interest. it seems like they've made it intentionally convoluted in the name of keeping 'edgy'. I realized that I didn't care any more when I was more interested in surfing on my phone than paying attention. 
Same. Except, I'll keep watching. Shame, too. I thought the first season was some of the best television I've ever seen. 

The cinematography is incredible, and worth watching for that alone. 

Plot has been a little meh this season, but willing to keep watching to see where they go with it. Hard to believe that we're halfway through the season already.

I think everybody is just done with it. I haven’t watched last night yet but every other episode I just watch and move on. Shows I like I then go and read reviews of the episodes, come here to discuss - nothing like that with this now. 

I think everybody is just done with it. I haven’t watched last night yet but every other episode I just watch and move on. Shows I like I then go and read reviews of the episodes, come here to discuss - nothing like that with this now. 
Does anything connect to previous seasons or is it all moving forward within current time?

jamny said:
I watched but I am not sure wtf is going on. The show is certainly starting to lose me. I don't mind if I need something clarified now and then but if I have to go look up on the innernet what is going on after every episode I should probably quit.

I found myself watching last nights episode more than any other since season 1 WITHOUT playing on my phone. It was good.

Not sure if I can explain what is going on

Why did Delores need to leave the emotion code in there? I liked that Delores Hale was turning into Charlotte and she wanted to save her family.

How did Bernard know where to find MIB

The whole machine that plans the future for people still has me shuked. 

Still enjoyable enough, but

shouldn’t a robot be able to tell the difference between a hologram and a real person?

And maybe I’m just spiteful, but my soon-to-be-dead security guard self is taking the softer target down that’s right in front of me and not wasting bullets on a walking shipping container. But then again, my security guard self would not let the canister with the blinky lights be placed casually on the table. I guess if you work for the place where you already know what is going to happen,  your training budget might not be so high....

Still enjoyable enough, but

shouldn’t a robot be able to tell the difference between a hologram and a real person?

And maybe I’m just spiteful, but my soon-to-be-dead security guard self is taking the softer target down that’s right in front of me and not wasting bullets on a walking shipping container. But then again, my security guard self would not let the canister with the blinky lights be placed casually on the table. I guess if you work for the place where you already know what is going to happen,  your training budget might not be so high....
The bad guy minions at Delos/Incite are ridiculously inept, like stormtrooper level of incompetence. 

The bad guy minions at Delos/Incite are ridiculously inept, like stormtrooper level of incompetence. 

Yeah, silly that they had a guy at her house to blow up her car with husband and kid. If frenchie realized she was Dolores once she called home how would he have a guy there? It was all done to have the on fire look on her. Those type of scenes are why Walking Dead turned into a shell of itself. Goofy stuff just to get you to what the show folks think is cool. Not good to be compared to TWD.

Is it just me or do I have no clue what kills or hurts the hosts? Dolores could barely get up when she met him and looked like she was going to die after getting shot a few times. The. She gets shot point blank 4 or 5 times with an automatic weapon and doesn’t flinch, just zips up her jacket. That car explosion (dad and kid were vaporized) and being on fire didn’t seem to phase her yet she was limping badly after getting shot once.

I’ve kept watching TWD so not planning to quit this show after loving season 1 and kind of enjoying season 2. It does say something when I went to watch the show last night and didn’t realize I had two episodes to watch.

Interesting. i thought this was the last season. Wonder why I thought that. 
I had heard somewhere  a while back that while they had originally planned out five seasons, season 2 was so poorly received that it was likely season 3 would be their last.  That was presumably just some critic's speculation but I've had it stuck in my head all along that this was the last season as well, so this is a pleasant surprise.  

Didn’t quite get the ending. I guess she downloaded the Zip disk that Caleb had on him so they could have both just in case it didn’t work out. I did like the after credits stuff, that was cool. Didn’t like the all powerful  Dolores who somehow was way better than the regular Dolores, but still a cooler scene. I guess she’s the new enemy to Maeve and forehead.

Wasn't really a good season IMHO. I was entertained but with nothing but time I am easily entertained. It was kind of like they sat in a room and said what if the people are the walking dead, let’s do a show solely on people because everyone loves Carol. Oops, wrong show. It was kind of like they sat in a room and said what if an AI is controlling all humans and the robots fight to free them. When you really think about it, it just seemed forced and just meh. Again, entertained but so far below the epic ness of season 1.

I am also really unsure about whether they wear skin or have organs and stuff that are 3D rendered. Does shooting them hurt? They sometimes die, sometimes shake it off and sometimes act like they’re hurt. That all was done really poorly because they thought Dolores new fangled head with front ball insertion was cool and her head on a frame look was sexy. That definitely bothered me because there were no rules at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed this season better than the last one.  As usual, I didn't really get it, but it was a fun watch. Beast Mode was cool. Liked that they got out of the park and enjoyed the futuristic setting. Also really liked the soundtrack this season. That Death Grips song was perfect and the Brain Damage piano thing into the full blown song in the finale. HFS. Loved that.

I've given up trying to understand this show.  Thought the finale was a letdown, in part because for me it didn't live up to the potential of some of the best internet theories.  There were a lot of cool things that could've happened and basically none of them did.  Still entertaining and I'll be back for season 4 but I've lost hope that it will ever be as good as season 1 again.  

Most of all the plot went over my head, but that Rico app was genius in a really scary way. Seems like that could totally work.

thought it was convoluted, Arnold/Bernard didn't play much of a role and what's the point of him going back to see his "old wife"?  Couldn't tell if Delores plan was to have humans go extinct and be replaced by bots or to create enough chaos to allow the planting of bots in the human population.   The thing with Charlotte having her own plans also bothered me.   

At the end of it all, it was two super smart bots overthrowing the worlds controlling computer (rhohobam) to free people and bots to live life without controllers.   

Most of all the plot went over my head, but that Rico app was genius in a really scary way. Seems like that could totally work.
I don’t think it would work unless you have an AI that literally controls everything. Remember that that app was pretty much about the AI cleaning up people who didn’t fit and ran everything hence the ease at which Caleb’s buddies could unlock everything.

thought it was convoluted, Arnold/Bernard didn't play much of a role and what's the point of him going back to see his "old wife"?  Couldn't tell if Delores plan was to have humans go extinct and be replaced by bots or to create enough chaos to allow the planting of bots in the human population.   The thing with Charlotte having her own plans also bothered me.   

At the end of it all, it was two super smart bots overthrowing the worlds controlling computer (rhohobam) to free people and bots to live life without controllers.   
I’ll be honest, as much as we see Arnold/Bernard, he seems to be more McGuffin than an actual real entity. He’s carrying the key but we don’t really know what that’s all about. He seemingly had no role to play in this entire season. Yeah, Charlotte bothered me as well. All of a sudden she was as powerful as the AI running the world and able to do what it did. Very disjointed but again, I was entertained.

Maybe I just don’t like the actress, but Charlotte, robo-DeloroCharlotte, and.now darkest timeline roboDeloroCharlotte are all the same to me. 

After credits was ok, but don’t spend 2 episodes building a “purpose” for somebody and then snuff them in 5 seconds. I mean, you did a cool throwback to Yul Brynner’s look in the original, at least set somebody on fire..... But, I guess it did set the scene for season 4   to potentially be the Terminator sequel I always hoped for.

Users who are viewing this thread