What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So Brexit is really going to happen on June 23rd? (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure I understand it much beyond that England is carrying the burden of an awful lot of slackers in Europe. Greece had or has terrible problems but I thought that was being absorbed by everyone over there. 

I'm not sure whether to be glad or sad if they leave or stay. Does it really matter in the end? Will any of the regular folks in England be better or worse? 

I can't imagine America being part of a Union, surprised England lost their way to begin with. The EU seems like it should be a red flag for some of the entitlements folks are lining up to have in this country. 

I'm not sure I understand it much beyond that England is carrying the burden of an awful lot of slackers in Europe. Greece had or has terrible problems but I thought that was being absorbed by everyone over there. 

I'm not sure whether to be glad or sad if they leave or stay. Does it really matter in the end? Will any of the regular folks in England be better or worse? 

I can't imagine America being part of a Union, surprised England lost their way to begin with. The EU seems like it should be a red flag for some of the entitlements folks are lining up to have in this country. 
The currency is losing a ton of value, which will obviously impact the regular folks.  And lots of companies in Europe have their headquarters in England.  Lot of banks have already said they'll have to move them to Euro countries.  Lot of unintended consequences here.  

Brexit odds being cut by the second... down to 2/5 vs 11/4 for stay.  Roughly 72%/28% or so.  They're out IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave killing it. 

DOW rocked. Could be a nice start to a correction. I have no doubt that Yellen will make the wrong move and make it worse short-term, but no doubt long term this will be a huge positive for us and the UK. Looking to get some sideline money in over the next six months while there's blood in the streets. 

Doesn't look good for remain unless London pulls through huge. 

Cant believe US cable news is doing such a bad job covering this tonight. I don't give a rats ### about trumps damn golf courses in Scotland. 

Doesn't look good for remain unless London pulls through huge. 

Cant believe US cable news is doing such a bad job covering this tonight. I don't give a rats ### about trumps damn golf courses in Scotland. 
Fox Business surprisingly is doing a pretty good job I think

DJIA futures down almost 600 points. This is going to be a nightmare tomorrow. I hope they get what they're asking for, idiots!

I mean, the currency just lost 9% vs the USD.  Unless the common man moved all their money to USD, thats going to hurt.
Depends on how long the devaluation lasts. Prices aren't going to rise overnight.

ETA: Gas excepted

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy with a great line seconds ago: 'the problem with crony capitalism isn't the capitalism part'. God, so true. And so misunderstood. 
Was that the same idiot who said Washington was like the hunger games capital. 

Bloomberg is the channel to watch. 

I mean, the currency just lost 9% vs the USD.  Unless the common man moved all their money to USD, thats going to hurt.
The common man is making less money than they were 10 years ago, which is why they are doing this to begin with.  The common man doesn't own stock or trade currencies, they could give two ####s about the market.  The common man sees immigrants taking their jobs for pennies on the dollar and is upset.  They see their kids education crumbling as schools are overcrowded.  They see their traditions thrown by the wayside in order to appease everyone.   

The common man is making less money than they were 10 years ago, which is why they are doing this to begin with.  The common man doesn't own stock or trade currencies, they could give two ####s about the market.  The common man sees immigrants taking their jobs for pennies on the dollar and is upset.  They see their kids education crumbling as schools are overcrowded.  They see their traditions thrown by the wayside in order to appease everyone.   
& now they'll have even less, kudos to them.

Big run on physical metals the last 3 weeks IIRC. Maybe they didn't buy usd but some of them probably hedged with gold and the like. 

They may not trade currencies but their currency will go a lot less.  I'm not going to get into the rest of the argument, but this will likely result in more job losses.  

So, assuming Leave holds on - I have done some cursory research, and it seems the unwinding will take up to two years, and still must be approved by a majority of member states?

Any market or currency fluctuations in the short-term are just bankers looking to make a quick profit off the recreational trader.

The common man is making less money than they were 10 years ago, which is why they are doing this to begin with. The common man doesn't own stock or trade currencies, they could give two ####s about the market. The common man sees immigrants taking their jobs for pennies on the dollar and is upset. They see their kids education crumbling as schools are overcrowded. They see their traditions thrown by the wayside in order to appease everyone.
So because the common man is so fed up, he decided to cut his purchasing power by 10%. I don't see how this logically follows.

It's truly amazing how some people not only don't understand this but look down at it...they simply can't see things thru any eyes but their own...

It's truly amazing how some people not only don't understand this but look down at it...they simply can't see things thru any eyes but their own...
And its amazing how people blame others for their issues and don't realize things could be worse.  When these MNCs who are based in the UK start moving even more jobs away from the UK, let me know how that works out.  

And its amazing how people blame others for their issues and don't realize things could be worse.  When these MNCs who are based in the UK start moving even more jobs away from the UK, let me know how that works out.  
Yup...they are the only group who blames others...and they should just should the F up and do what the elites tell them to do...

I am not saying this is a good move or bad move but when you bend over backwards from some groups and tell other groups to screw there is going to be repercussions...for better or worse...

How should they respond?  Should they still storm the castle like its the Middle Ages? 

Users who are viewing this thread