What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tajae Sharpe WR Titans (2 Viewers)

Yeah.  Nine times outta ten that's a concussion.  Of course, as soon as I post that word came out that it wasn't a couple hours later, but I was out and about at the time.  Sorry for the confusion.
Don't get too worked up about this disparity. Being "knocked senseless" and unable to play the rest of the game, having a concussion and being unable to play, even old fashioned "getting the wind knocked out of ya"...whatever it is, the guy couldn't play and was expected to play week two.

Long term, sure it's good he didn't get a concussion and best for his health, but we weren't discussing that angle here. 

I haven't read yet what prompted the concussion protocol by the team doc but "knocked senseless" is sufficient slang here. Woozy, dizzy, headache...whatever, we are discussing the same result for FF

I didn't "get" he didn't suffer a concussion from the presser. I understood it as no lingering effects today.

Here's transcript

(on the health of Tajae Sharpe)

He is doing well. He should practice tomorrow. We did a full evaluation of him and he had no symptoms today and should practice tomorrow night.

So maybe the hype is real? Looks like this kid could be the guy in Tennesee now. Going to be really interesting to see how these next few preseason games play out.

So maybe the hype is real? Looks like this kid could be the guy in Tennesee now. Going to be really interesting to see how these next few preseason games play out.
Yes, looks like he and Matthews are starting. They want Wright to play the slot. Maybe HD/AJ is an insurance policy. McBride will be returning kicks and maybe punts. Hunter seems to be on the outside looking in

Dorial Green-Beckham gets traded to the Eagles...seems like he is having a tough time picking up his routes, etc. Now Sharpe gets a bump up from WR #85 into a # 5 or 6 WR?

Is any Tennessee WR going to be fantasy relevant this year (900+ yards)?  Say Mariota has 4,000 passing yards.  D Walker will get his ~1,000.  The RBs will likely combine for around 700.  So, 2,300 yards to divide up between about 6 or so "name guys", and all the other guys you don't know.  Will any of them get that large of a piece?

Is any Tennessee WR going to be fantasy relevant this year (900+ yards)?  Say Mariota has 4,000 passing yards.  D Walker will get his ~1,000.  The RBs will likely combine for around 700.  So, 2,300 yards to divide up between about 6 or so "name guys", and all the other guys you don't know.  Will any of them get that large of a piece?
Absolutely worth taking a flier on the cheaper of Sharpe and Matthews IMO.

I don't think so. Sharpe may be the most hip target, but his price is also moving north. And there really is no info on him, remember he was knocked out of the game so we really have very few meaningful snaps. 

Hype train or smoke screen: Funchess, Powell, Sharpe

Tajae Sharpe, WR, Tennessee Titans

The fantasy world went into a full-on Krabs Meme when news broke that Tajae Sharpe was running with the first-team in Titans OTAs over Dorial Green-Beckham. When Mike Mularkey told the mediathat Sharpe would remain the team's starter going into training camp, the public still insisted this was just a ploy to motivate the more talented Green-Beckham.

It appeared the fantasy community would go to any length to refuse Sharpe any credit for his quick ascension. It's past time for that to end.

With the news that Tennessee officially shipped off Dorial Green-Beckham to Eagles for a guard, we have no other choice but to take Sharpe's offseason work seriously. He's essentially locked into a starting spot on the outside with Rishard Matthews.

While on the surface it seems hasty to crown a fifth-round pick as an NFL starter, but looking back on his history as a prospect, it's not too shocking. I highlighted Sharpe, alongside Sterling Shepard, as one of the two most experienced route runners in this class in my Reception Perception evaluationon the 2016 receiver prospects. Sharpe and Shepard were the only receivers to chart out above the prospect average at running the following routes: outs, comebacks, and flats. I thought even then, that the balance of their route assignments would help them get on the field early, and endear themselves to their NFL coaches. With that in mind, we shouldn't be so shocked to see Sharpe and Shepard running as clear starters and getting praised for their route-running already.

Sharpe's Reception Perception also showed he beat press coverage at an above-average rate and was right in line with the average at winning contested catches. Although his true strength and appeal lay with his ability to play multiple receiver spots. Sharpe took 48 percent of his sampled snaps at right wideout, 21.9 percent at left and 29.5 percent in the slot. He can play any of the receiver positions, and that is just another reason he's catching the eye of a coaching staff in search of receiver depth.

Another analyst who specializes in wide receivers, Jon Moore, runs a project called the Phenom Index that takes a quantitative, metric-based approach to studying the position. Tajae Sharpe came out as the top-rated receiver on the 2016 Phenom Index due to his young age at draft time (21) and immense college production.

His profile as a productive player who is solid in all facets and versatile in his assignments is no doubt right in line with what Murlarkey and a coaching staff that emphasizes discipline. Whenever a player rises up the depth chart early despite his mid-round status, it's often because he fits right in with the team philosophy; think back to Stefon Diggs and his clear fit with Teddy Bridgewater last season.

It's clear through his Reception Perception film evaluation and metrics illuminated in the Phenom Index that Sharpe is a true sleeper who could surprise. The question for fantasy is how much volume he can inherit in the Titans offense.

All the talk out of Tennessee surrounded the "exotic smash-mouth" approach Mike Mularkey wanted to employ on offense. It drew the snarky laughs from the fantasy community, but it's a philosophy that would be a bit off track from Mularkey's last stop as offensive coordinator. It might shock many to know that his Atlanta offense's ranked on average 12th in the NFL in pass attempts the four years he was there. He was paired with a young ascending quarterback at the time in Matt Ryan, much like he is now with Marcus Mariota. Of course, Tennessee will be run-based with the backfield tandem ofDeMarco Murray and future star Derrick Henry, but Mularkey's history suggests they could pass more than most expect. If their defense doesn't improve leaps and bounds they might not have a choice either way.

Sharpe is a solid technician with a strong profile as a prospect. He's also already ascended to starter status on a team without many other established threats but comes attached to a quarterback who showed himself to be an efficient up-tempo passer as a rookie. While he might be just a late-round flier and likely only a bye week fill-in as a rookie, that's someone to monitor closely for future seasons.

Good to see Harmon on board with Sharpe. Next few weeks of pre-season will be interesting. Already starting to pick him up at the tail end of some MFL10's.

Also now in the Draft Dominator. He must be legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see Harmon on board with Sharpe. Next few weeks of pre-season will be interesting. Already starting to pick him up at the tail end of some MFL10's.

Also now in the Draft Dominator. He must be legit.
He was in there before, he was projected to score 14 pts or something miniscule like that beforehand.

Now they have him projected for 43 points  :rolleyes:

ESPN Titans reporter Paul Kuharsky says "it would be a surprise" if rookie Tajae Sharpe wasn’t a Week 1 starter.
Sharpe has repped with the first team since OTAs. With Dorial Green-Beckham gone, he’s going to open the year at one of the outside spots. The Titans are a low-volume pass offense, but Sharpe has a chance to finish behind only Delanie Walker in targets.

Source: ESPN 
Aug 20 - 9:19 AM

My draft is in 3 hours.  Need this guy to calm down or I'll never steal him in the late rounds...

6rec for 68yds so far...

Looking real good. He's had defenders on him and he's still making plays. Carolina doubled him (wow already rook?) and he caught it.

There's no Norman there anymore but still, nice for any rook to do this

Last year was Delanie and oh BTW someone else. Today is Sharpe and oh BTW Douglas. Matthews is kind of forgotten thus far. I'd rather them spread it around honestly, but it does create a nice context of Panthers expecting it to Sharpe and he's getting it done anyway

Finally got around to looking up some game tape and all I can say is WOW!

This guy is awesome. Lots of tape of him making contested catches in airtight coverages, tape of him turning on the jets, running smooths routes, bailing his QB out of bad throws.

He actually reminds me of a taller Jeremy Maclin. Everything he does just looks so fluid. Shows a little bit of everything on tape, actually looks like he could be a WR1 for a team if he puts on some more muscle.

Good heads up here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b4dMwyeVLLI
Pro-tip, this is my alias. I am still very intrigued with him and will roster him in every league I'm in.

Still seems under the radar, huge sleeper pick.

Tajae Sharpe hauled in all six of his targets for 68 yards against the Panthers Saturday.
It was an impressive performance for the rookie, who worked as a clear starter with the first-team. He made a tough catch to convert a 3rd-and-14 on the first drive of the game, but he really turned on the jets in the second quarter, making four catches for 38 yards to help the Titans to a 9-play, 81-yard touchdown drive. Rishard Matthews still will likely serve as the No. 1, but Sharpe has been making his case all offseason. He is worth a look in the double-digit rounds.

Aug 20 - 4:58 PM

Following Saturday's preseason game, coach Mike Mularkey said rookie Tajae Sharpe has "already gained the trust" of Marcus Mariota and the Titans' coaching staff.
Sharpe's placement with the first-team offense in the spring was widely speculated as a motivational tactic aimed at Dorial Green-Beckham. Instead, Sharpe has run away with a starting job, shining in padded practices and in preseason games. He erupted for 6-68 receiving in one half of work against the Panthers on Saturday. There are no guarantees on Tennessee's target distribution, but Sharpe is making a case for a significant piece of the pie. He's worth a look in the double-digit rounds of PPR drafts.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

http://titaninsider.com/tajae-sharpe-dont-want-look-like-rookie/

Titans coach Mike Mularkey said the chemistry between Mariota and Sharpe has developed quickly.

“I think it’s a big trust level,” Mularkey said. “What you’re seeing is what he basically does in practice. He’s made some bigger catches today, some big catches that we haven’t had here in a while.”

Sharpe said the chemistry is all about working hard and doing the right things in practice, then translating it to the game.

“I continue to work as hard as I can throughout the week so that he knows the position I’m going to be in and that I can be a reliable target,” Sharpe said.

I don't think any WR in TEN is going to be a monster this year ... TE Walker and those RB's pounding is going to be the TEN game plan.

I like Sharpe, Mathews and Wright to have similar numbers

I don't think any WR in TEN is going to be a monster this year ... TE Walker and those RB's pounding is going to be the TEN game plan.

Perhaps, but through the first two preseason games Sharpe has gotten a lot of targets.  Worth noting

I'm thinking of dropping Kevin White & picking up Sharpe in my redraft league. So far, I drafted Sharpe in both dynasty drafts this year

Last edited by a moderator:
In redraft leagues, he's going so late that ...well he seems like he's going to go from being the steal of the NFL draft to the steal of many people's FF drafts. 

As a 19th round pick, he only has to do moderately well to even be a steal.

He doesn't need to have a monster year to be a valued pick. If he can do something like what a Rishard Matthews or Stefon Diggs did last year, then he will be very much worth his draft spot as a injury replacement, bye week filler, toss in to bolster a trade. 

Magic_Man said:
I'm thinking of dropping Kevin White & picking up Sharpe in my redraft league. So far, I drafted Sharpe in both dynasty drafts this year
For clarity the 6 receptions vs. the Panthers was against Worley a rookie corner who admitted he had a bad game.  I wouldn't drop White for him....as I don't think the plan is for TN to air it out.

Magic_Man said:
Surely someone else could be cut besides White to make room? Seems drastic to me. I am pretty confident White will score more than Sharpe in 2016. It might be closer than I think though.

For clarity the 6 receptions vs. the Panthers was against Worley a rookie corner who admitted he had a bad game.  I wouldn't drop White for him....as I don't think the plan is for TN to air it out.
No they weren't just most of them. And yeah we know he had a bad game. Him saying it doesn't discredit Sharpe.

I wish there wasn't so much buzz on him before my draft this Saturday... I was hoping to snag him with a 15th-16th rd pick, now going to target around 11th-13th range

Users who are viewing this thread