What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tobacco-fueled jets take off in South Africa (1 Viewer)

That is a big deal. Makes me wonder two things:

1) What's the potential boon for transportation in North America? I am assuming tobacco growing in the Carolinas and elsewhere has decreased over the last few decades ... could it ramp back up to support biofuel manufacture? And can long-haul trucks run on the stuff?

2) Is there something special about tobacco that makes it especially suited to making biofuel (I see that the strain of tobacco used is not a nicotine-producing variety)? If not, what other plants can be brought to bear? Economically feasible biofuel made from corn, if possible, would seem to be a huge winner for the U.S. Or, say, fuel made from rice in SE Asia.

That is a big deal. Makes me wonder two things:

1) What's the potential boon for transportation in North America? I am assuming tobacco growing in the Carolinas and elsewhere has decreased over the last few decades ... could it ramp back up to support biofuel manufacture? And can long-haul trucks run on the stuff?

2) Is there something special about tobacco that makes it especially suited to making biofuel (I see that the strain of tobacco used is not a nicotine-producing variety)? If not, what other plants can be brought to bear? Economically feasible biofuel made from corn, if possible, would seem to be a huge winner for the U.S. Or, say, fuel made from rice in SE Asia.
Several harvests per year and more oil per hectare than other crops.  Could be a game changer for African countries.

The amazing stuff about this is, that you can fly 400 miles to Cape Town in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night... on this stuff.  Here, I've got pounds of this.  - Carl Spackler

makes me think of airplane! and when stryker buys his ticket, they ask him smoking or non-smoking.  (of course the actually ticket is smoking).

Shouldn't the plane have the Surgeon General's warning painted on the side?

Last edited by a moderator:
T-minus 10 minutes until the Calvin Broadus funded fleet of canabis powered jets launch from JWA.  

Exhaust will, of course, be piped back into the cabin.

Several harvests per year and more oil per hectare than other crops.  Could be a game changer for African countries.
As long as it does not reduce the acreage for food

T-minus 10 minutes until the Calvin Broadus funded fleet of canabis powered jets launch from JWA.  

Exhaust will, of course, be piped back into the cabin.
hemp is the answer to infinite problems.

we as a race, if we survive, will reevolve into what we once were, sustainable.

Users who are viewing this thread