What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fun/unique league rules (1 Viewer)

houston

Footballguy
I've seen a similar thread in the past. Now that we're getting ready to set up our leagues, let's hear some of the fun and unique rules and settings you use for for your longtime keeper and dynasty leagues. 

The team that came in 5th and didn't make the playoffs gets to name next years team that picks
first. That name lasts for a season-got this from here. One of my ten team keepers the non playoff
teams play for draft position. teams ranked 9-12 play for the 1st 4 draft slots, teams ranked 5-8 play for
the 5-8 slots. You can't tank when the playoffs come or give up (well you could but lose draft position).

New one -SB winner, loser and 3rd place finisher draft their division, also got that from here. This league
has been 1993 or there about so keeping things "fresh" is tough. 

The team that came in 5th and didn't make the playoffs gets to name next years team that picks
first.
That name lasts for a season-got this from here. One of my ten team keepers the non playoff
teams play for draft position. teams ranked 9-12 play for the 1st 4 draft slots, teams ranked 5-8 play for
the 5-8 slots. You can't tank when the playoffs come or give up (well you could but lose draft position).

New one -SB winner, loser and 3rd place finisher draft their division, also got that from here. This league
has been 1993 or there about so keeping things "fresh" is tough. 
Wouldn't the team finishing 5th just pick himself to pick first?

Our consolation bracket determines draft seeding for picks 1-8

If you had a decent team, and barely miss out on playoffs, you still have something to play for whether it is for weekly high score and/or determining where you draft next year. .

Everyone should be using an auction format for their drafts, of course, because science.

But for the semi-enlightened, who still use snake drafting but have at least persuaded their leaguemates of the wisdom of FAAB, my favorite fun rule is to run either a blind bid or an auction just prior to the draft for draft slots, with the highest bid getting 1st choice of draft position, next-highest getting 2nd choice, and so on. The amount of each owner's bid is removed from their FAAB for the year (e.g. we use a $200 FAAB, so if I bid $30 on draft slot, I get only $170 for the season).

Even if you don't use FAAB, you can run this blind bidding / auction exercise for draft slots using real money, and just add it to the overall pot.

Lots of fun, adds another layer of strategy, and adds only 5-10 minutes to the overall draft process.

I still like the weekly prizes for highest scorer each week.
We give $5 for each win during the regular season.   Once the playoff starts all of the teams that don't make the playoffs are randomly matched in weeks 14-17 and get $10 for each win.  Teams that make the playoffs but lose are included in the $10 games as they are eliminated.

This keeps everyone involved in their teams for the entire NFL regular season. 

Users who are viewing this thread