What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Give me a 2016 FF Crash Course/Update (1 Viewer)

Kenny Powers

Footballguy
For the first time in 20 years, I have done zero research on FF, have not done my own projections, and have less info on sleepers/backups/flavor of the week guys than ever. I dont mean for this to be a FFA/AC type discussion, just something myself or others who have slacked this offseason and preseason may be missing when looking at someone like Dodds' projections or overall rankings.

Lets Go.

Oh, now i remember why I haven't checked the shark pool out in awhile, its just full of a bunch of people who provide no insight and think theyre funny but arent. Have a nice day.

Oh, now i remember why I haven't checked the shark pool out in awhile, its just full of a bunch of people who provide no insight and think theyre funny but arent. Have a nice day.
Maybe if you just read the slightest bit of info in the abundance of places for 15 minutes instead of trying to get millions of tidbits into a 500 character reply for your question people wouldn't be a smartass

Maybe if you just read the slightest bit of info in the abundance of places for 15 minutes instead of trying to get millions of tidbits into a 500 character reply for your question people wouldn't be a smartass
Slightest bit of info gets you nowhere except further toward the opinion of what you read, and Im not interested in the latest, just mostly what has progressed this preseason. Im not a noob, I didnt make an AC post, but its kind of funny how everyone just like to be "smart" in their reply instead of actually typing something pertinent to the topic.

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Stuff that Dodds would've missed is probably a lot less than anyone here has missed. 

Alf looks good and Zeke is nursing a hammy. Doctson might a great late round flyer since his injury is keeping him off the field and Washington is very weak at RB. Jags D added some nice pieces and if Bottles and Company can force teams to pass there's lots of opportunity for sacks and INTs. 

Is this what you're looking for?

Hey KP..big fan.  Big 3 WRs at the top in AB, ODB, JJ.  No clear RB1 but case to be made for Johnson in Ari, Lamar Miller (Hou), Gurley, or even the rookie Zeke Elliott (Dal).

More than any prior year IMO people are finally embracing WR in early rds at the expense of RB.  Some taking that more extreme with so called "ZeroRB"..theory being take WR first 3 rounds then pick a mix of RBs from there or even later.  The workhorse RB is gone.  Take 3 WRs then take Gore, Bilal Powell, Charles Sims, Woodhead, Sproles, Christine Michael (yes he is officially a thing), Riddick, etc.

Gronk has come back to the TE pack ever so slightly due to Brady susp, Marty B on same team, and other capable TEs thruout the draft.

Gets said every year but be the last to take a QB.  FF starters all the way thru literally like QB25 with guys like Mariota, Fitz, Flacco, RG3, Cutler available late. Take a QB in the early QB teens and you will have your pick of 30+TD near 4,000 yard guys.

Buzz guys in preseason would be Christine Michael, Tajae Sharpe, maybe Moncreif, Marvin Jones.

No massive injuries yet save for I guess Dion Lewis out for a good 6-8 weeks in NE.  John Brown (Ari) having trouble shaking a concussion..sad.

Good luck!

Hey KP..big fan.  Big 3 WRs at the top in AB, ODB, JJ.  No clear RB1 but case to be made for Johnson in Ari, Lamar Miller (Hou), Gurley, or even the rookie Zeke Elliott (Dal).

More than any prior year IMO people are finally embracing WR in early rds at the expense of RB.  Some taking that more extreme with so called "ZeroRB"..theory being take WR first 3 rounds then pick a mix of RBs from there or even later.  The workhorse RB is gone.  Take 3 WRs then take Gore, Bilal Powell, Charles Sims, Woodhead, Sproles, Christine Michael (yes he is officially a thing), Riddick, etc.

Gronk has come back to the TE pack ever so slightly due to Brady susp, Marty B on same team, and other capable TEs thruout the draft.

Gets said every year but be the last to take a QB.  FF starters all the way thru literally like QB25 with guys like Mariota, Fitz, Flacco, RG3, Cutler available late. Take a QB in the early QB teens and you will have your pick of 30+TD near 4,000 yard guys.

Buzz guys in preseason would be Christine Michael, Tajae Sharpe, maybe Moncreif, Marvin Jones.

No massive injuries yet save for I guess Dion Lewis out for a good 6-8 weeks in NE.  John Brown (Ari) having trouble shaking a concussion..sad.

Good luck!
Thanks Buck, this is he kind of reponse I was looking for. Im picking 12th, I hate being on either end because no player falls to you, but ill do my best. After taking Luck in the 2nd last yr and winning the championship, I will never take a QB before rd 5.

Bump Blount?

Thanks Buck, this is he kind of reponse I was looking for. Im picking 12th, I hate being on either end because no player falls to you, but ill do my best. After taking Luck in the 2nd last yr and winning the championship, I will never take a QB before rd 5.

Bump Blount?
Yes on Blount.  Blount for TDs and James White for catches.

Ne - dont draft lewis, blount/white solid pickups as is mbennett at te

mia - tannehills looked ok, might be ok asnlate qb stash, olines been bad so far, rbs are a ?

nyj - sleeper = b powell

buff - mccoy = great value, watkins set to play this week, move up draft boards

pitt - slight downgrade on o, except for abrown

bal - aiken is way underrated in adp

cinn - aj will be a monster , hill has looked good, eifert might miss some games

cle - rg3 so far so good, pryor = sleeper

ind -  fgore stll on.y rb in town, moncrief could get 10tds

hou - slight downgrade for dhopkins? Lmiller should be a monster, brocks looked shaky

jax - arob stud, hurns still carching tds, ivory/yeldon combo represent good late rd value

tenn - sharpe having good rookie camp, could be top guy, but wright hasnt played, mariottas looked good as has murray and dhenry, dgb has been traded

kc - charles is good to go, ware looks like his backup handcuff

den - qbs are a mess

oak - d might be for real, does this mean slight downgrade on dcarr?  Washington deep sleeper, is lmurray goes down

sd - stevies out for season, mgordon has looked good, kallen back, sont sleep on him

sea - rawls has yet to play, but could soon, lockett is everyone's fave sleeper

stl - all gurley all the time

sf - torrey could get a ton of targets, hyde good fallback if u miss out on top guys

ari - jbrown concussed, palmers looked bad, lfitz dinged...  Hmmm. More djohnson?

gb- jordy cleared, may play, lacys looked good

det - mjones has been a stafford fave

minn - proceed as planned, make sure you get mckinnon if ap

chi - langfords looked ok, dont overvalue kwhite

tb - evans this years arob?

no - mthomas a fave sleeper

car - kbej is back, but keep funchess in your mix, and dont forget abiut tginn, jstew still has value

atl - freeman still looks like the man, but draft coleman if you got him.. Sanu is a flyer

dall - dez was concussed, but looked like a beast weeks 1-2, eyeball zeke this week he willl play, romo good value late

phi - draft no wrs? Mathews could be ok, ertz fallback at te in a pinch

wasn - rbs are rough, cousins could repeat a great year

nyg - oline in rough shape, shepherd is everyone's fave rookie wr pick... Jennings still a decent fallback  

good luck!

Ne - dont draft lewis, blount/white solid pickups as is mbennett at te

mia - tannehills looked ok, might be ok asnlate qb stash, olines been bad so far, rbs are a ?

nyj - sleeper = b powell

buff - mccoy = great value, watkins set to play this week, move up draft boards

pitt - slight downgrade on o, except for abrown

bal - aiken is way underrated in adp

cinn - aj will be a monster , hill has looked good, eifert might miss some games

cle - rg3 so far so good, pryor = sleeper

ind -  fgore stll on.y rb in town, moncrief could get 10tds

hou - slight downgrade for dhopkins? Lmiller should be a monster, brocks looked shaky

jax - arob stud, hurns still carching tds, ivory/yeldon combo represent good late rd value

tenn - sharpe having good rookie camp, could be top guy, but wright hasnt played, mariottas looked good as has murray and dhenry, dgb has been traded

kc - charles is good to go, ware looks like his backup handcuff

den - qbs are a mess

oak - d might be for real, does this mean slight downgrade on dcarr?  Washington deep sleeper, is lmurray goes down

sd - stevies out for season, mgordon has looked good, kallen back, sont sleep on him

sea - rawls has yet to play, but could soon, lockett is everyone's fave sleeper

stl - all gurley all the time

sf - torrey could get a ton of targets, hyde good fallback if u miss out on top guys

ari - jbrown concussed, palmers looked bad, lfitz dinged...  Hmmm. More djohnson?

gb- jordy cleared, may play, lacys looked good

det - mjones has been a stafford fave

minn - proceed as planned, make sure you get mckinnon if ap

chi - langfords looked ok, dont overvalue kwhite

tb - evans this years arob?

no - mthomas a fave sleeper

car - kbej is back, but keep funchess in your mix, and dont forget abiut tginn, jstew still has value

atl - freeman still looks like the man, but draft coleman if you got him.. Sanu is a flyer

dall - dez was concussed, but looked like a beast weeks 1-2, eyeball zeke this week he willl play, romo good value late

phi - draft no wrs? Mathews could be ok, ertz fallback at te in a pinch

wasn - rbs are rough, cousins could repeat a great year

nyg - oline in rough shape, shepherd is everyone's fave rookie wr pick... Jennings still a decent fallback  

good luck!
thanks, nice thru mph 

Great topic - I'm in the same boat.  Go to the front page and find some of the articles.  Dodds Perfect Draft and Hester's Evaluation by Association are good reads.

I miss the Avoid the Suck articles, but I've put together this simple guideline.

Target players on these teams:

Top offenses
Carolina*
AZ**
NE**
NYG**
CIN
NO**
SEA**
PIT**

Avoid Players in these teams:

Worst  offenses:
SF**
CLE**
LA**
TEN**
MIA**

Somewhere in the forum is a post on Defenses.  Houston seems to be a good DEFBC team.

Good luck!

Bump Blount?
Double it. Guys like Rivers Stafford, Tyrod, Cousins, Dalton, and on and on can be had rounds 9 and beyond. 

Every draft has its own course obviously, but WRs went early and fast in mine tonight. Baldwin, Tate, John Brown all went in the 4th in a 12 teamer, I was kind of shocked.

Every draft has its own course obviously, but WRs went early and fast in mine tonight. Baldwin, Tate, John Brown all went in the 4th in a 12 teamer, I was kind of shocked.
In PPR drafts especially, WRs are the rage right now. Hope you got some early. 

Slightest bit of info gets you nowhere except further toward the opinion of what you read, and Im not interested in the latest, just mostly what has progressed this preseason. Im not a noob, I didnt make an AC post, but its kind of funny how everyone just like to be "smart" in their reply instead of actually typing something pertinent to the topic.
Maybe because you should read through the forum instead of demanding everyone come to you like some petulant brat.

Just a thought, pal.

I say in 2016 you just draft a bunch of WR's in the top half of the draft. Doesn't matter if they are unproven, of questionable health/age, or have only been productive in a system completely different than the one they will be playing in this year. The theory goes RB is much more prone to injury. I mean it happened last year so it's pretty much a lock to be true this year as well.

Then, in the second half of the draft...... just keep drafting WR! For the love of god you can never have too much emphasis on WR! If you are drafting anything other than WR you are doomed and/or insane!!! Wait on RB, wait on TE, wait on QB..... in fact if you stream every position except WR it is really your only hope of having good enough WRs!!!!

That's my only take away based on drafts in 2016. But I think it's as much a result of the rules of the hobby deteriorating to the point where there are so many leagues where QB/RB/TE start 3-4 players combined while it's becoming more and more common you can start 5 WR. And ppr is critically important because the hobby doesn't revolve around WR enough already. People talk about FF eliminating K or D but really isn't it all moving towards eliminating everything but WR?

Users who are viewing this thread