What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MOP's RB draft strategy (1 Viewer)

I see, so no one else said he's the GL back. But since you saw LJ score a TD in the 4th PS game, that means they must be giving those duties to an aging veteran who has looked like ### in his last two comeback attempts instead of to the 2nd round pick they drafted for that purpose. Gotcha.
Thomas looks terrible and that's why LJ was brought in. I simply said he was worth a very late round flyer. Bush is fragile and if he goes down, Miami is in a world of hurt. Daniel Thomas cannot carry it 20 times a game right now.I do live down here, not that it should really matter but I get a lot of Miami info and not just from the day old printed stuff in the newspapers.

Great post, but I needed it a week ago. Went WR-WR first two rounds and paid the price as NONE of the sleepers I hoped would fall did. I ended up with Greene-Wells-Lynch-Harrison at RB....not happy at all. Picking in the 9 spot I think was the worst position this year.
Depends on who you have as a sleeper. This is my draft from last night from the 9 hole.Roddy WhiteVJAXBoweWittenSchuabRyan GrantM LynchBen TateJ StewRoy HeluEddie RoyalGreg LittleJ RingerM CassellMatt bryantAZI am hoping eith Lynch or Tate turn into adequate starters. I would say Lynch, Tate and Helu would be my sleeper picks

'cheese said:
4. I know you aren't impressed with Cedric Benson, even in the 6th round. But think about how many RB's realistically have a shot at 300 carries. It's a short list, wouldn't you say? Now as you mentioned, he'd be a RB#3. An excellent RB#3 imo because your top 2 RB's are the table setters and your 3rd running back, is well... a guy you'd be happy if he scores double digits consistently. Not every back has to be a home-run hitter, and Benson provides a high stable floor and compiles stats with his bulk of carries. For fantasy purposes, I'd much rather have a low ceiling/high floor RB#3, than a high ceiling/low floor RB#3. Benson is among that tier, a solid value.
Benson's touches are definitely undervalued. Besides the obvious carry numbers, he's also VERY likely to jump his receptions. He's pretty solid in the passing game, but the combination of Bratkowski/Palmer made that irrellevant for years.
I also love his schedule to start the year.

CLE DEN SF BUF JAX IND BYE SEA TEN

If he does really well early, you could look to move him before he has to face PIT 2x and Balt...although his playoff stretch of HOU STL ARI is pretty nice.

'cheese said:
4. I know you aren't impressed with Cedric Benson, even in the 6th round. But think about how many RB's realistically have a shot at 300 carries. It's a short list, wouldn't you say? Now as you mentioned, he'd be a RB#3. An excellent RB#3 imo because your top 2 RB's are the table setters and your 3rd running back, is well... a guy you'd be happy if he scores double digits consistently. Not every back has to be a home-run hitter, and Benson provides a high stable floor and compiles stats with his bulk of carries. For fantasy purposes, I'd much rather have a low ceiling/high floor RB#3, than a high ceiling/low floor RB#3. Benson is among that tier, a solid value.
Benson's touches are definitely undervalued. Besides the obvious carry numbers, he's also VERY likely to jump his receptions. He's pretty solid in the passing game, but the combination of Bratkowski/Palmer made that irrellevant for years.

If he does really well early, you could look to move him before he has to face PIT 2x and Balt...although his playoff stretch of HOU STL ARI is pretty nice.
If Andy Dalton is the QB, do we like it as much?

'cheese said:

Obviously we would prefer a more experienced QB to take so of the pressure off of the run game. Conversely, you would expect them to rely heavily on the RB's to keep the pressure off of Dalton, and that isn't exactly murders row of defenses to start the year. As a number 3, I don't think he's to bad.

'cheese said:

Obviously we would prefer a more experienced QB to take so of the pressure off of the run game. Conversely, you would expect them to rely heavily on the RB's to keep the pressure off of Dalton, and that isn't exactly murders row of defenses to start the year. As a number 3, I don't think he's to bad.
good points

'pantherclub said:
Great post, but I needed it a week ago. Went WR-WR first two rounds and paid the price as NONE of the sleepers I hoped would fall did. I ended up with Greene-Wells-Lynch-Harrison at RB....not happy at all. Picking in the 9 spot I think was the worst position this year.
Depends on who you have as a sleeper. This is my draft from last night from the 9 hole.Roddy WhiteVJAXBoweWittenSchuabRyan GrantM LynchBen TateJ StewRoy HeluEddie RoyalGreg LittleJ RingerM CassellMatt bryantAZI am hoping eith Lynch or Tate turn into adequate starters. I would say Lynch, Tate and Helu would be my sleeper picks
Rate it guys!

Don't you think Benson sitting in prison right now sorta takes the shine off the early schedule? He went in Aug 30th, supposed to be a 20 day stint. If he has to serve the full time that would mean he's missing those first two weeks, and giving Bernard Scott the opportunity to steal his job. Even if he gets out early on good behavior and doesn't miss a game, he's going to get suspended by the league at some point.

'pantherclub said:
Depends on who you have as a sleeper. This is my draft from last night from the 9 hole.Roddy WhiteVJAXBoweWittenSchuabRyan GrantM LynchBen TateJ StewRoy HeluEddie RoyalGreg LittleJ RingerM CassellMatt BryantAZI am hoping eith Lynch or Tate turn into adequate starters. I would say Lynch, Tate and Helu would be my sleeper picks
Rate it guys!
It looks good except RB. It will be a struggle to gets many points there. Grant will be OK. May need a good waiver wire pickup to put the team in contention. Or maybe you get lucky with your bench.

I know you've had to answer to quite a few McFadden defenders on here but a few points about him that people have not brought up.

1) He exceeded 100 YFS in 10 games last season (while only playing in 13). You mentioned it being fun to have him for 4-5 games when he blows up, but with the exception of a couple of stinkers, he was pretty money. For the most part, every player is going to I've you a stinker or two.

2) In terms of fulfilling potential, he's one of the most talented RB'sto come into the NFL in the last 10 years. What he did last year was actually an expectation from him when he was drafted #4. It's odd to me that there is much more widespread faith in LeSean McCoy even though McCoy's track record is but a year.

...overall I think the stink from the JaMarcus years still exists in terms of how people perceive this team. While it still hosts it's share of dysfunction, this team is in a better place than it was 2-3 years ago and is capable of being competitive week-in, week-out.

I know you've had to answer to quite a few McFadden defenders on here but a few points about him that people have not brought up.1) He exceeded 100 YFS in 10 games last season (while only playing in 13). You mentioned it being fun to have him for 4-5 games when he blows up, but with the exception of a couple of stinkers, he was pretty money. For the most part, every player is going to I've you a stinker or two.2) In terms of fulfilling potential, he's one of the most talented RB'sto come into the NFL in the last 10 years. What he did last year was actually an expectation from him when he was drafted #4. It's odd to me that there is much more widespread faith in LeSean McCoy even though McCoy's track record is but a year....overall I think the stink from the JaMarcus years still exists in terms of how people perceive this team. While it still hosts it's share of dysfunction, this team is in a better place than it was 2-3 years ago and is capable of being competitive week-in, week-out.
Duly noted

Great article MOP. Well thought out from top to bottom. I had one draft already and had to reach for some players due to the league having some keepers (lose 4 rounds from last years pick). I was picking 6th out of 12. RB Keepers were Foster, Charles, and Mendenhall. My keepers were Nicks (4th) and Vick (13th!) so I was planning to go RB at #6 so I would have an option at RB/WR in the 2nd. I needed 2 RB and WR in the first 3 rounds with Nicks in the 4th.

This league also starts a Rookie. SO taking VBD points into consideration, Cam Newton could be valued as a first round pick here. He was. Draft went ADP, Newton, Rice, CJ, McCoy, so I took the WR plunge with AJ rather than go after MJD.

Second round I scored DMC after four more rookies were scooped up early. The third round I knew I needed a RB and with Nicks in the 4th already I knew I would never get F. Jones in the 5th so I pulled the trigger there.

I grabbed TE Finley in the 5th so my 3/4RB are not that great (Lynch, Spiller) but I'm hoping Delone Carter will come through at rookie for me.

I have two more drafts to go next week., one 10 team and one 12 team. Will be looking at LJ in the 16th both places.

Users who are viewing this thread