What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rear-Ended-guys : Tips after getting hit from behind (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
Cliffs notes: 
• Rear ended Friday at lunch while stopped at light. Moderate damage but no airbags deployed. Police report taken. Both cars drivable. 
• Got police report and filed claim with his insurance (USAA). Adjuster scheduled to look at my car Wednesday
• After wreck: Very mild lower back soreness and light headache. Not litigious person so just took advil.. wait and see approach. 
• Today I wake to whole back aching badly and a dull headache. 
• A little nervous about any hidden/lingering effects as I'm fairly active, so shot a text to an acquaintance who's an attorney for a fairly "reputable" personal injury firm here in town.
• Thread title intentionally left open for shtick responses

Looking for feedback/experiences/shtick from the FFA faithful.  :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
misleading title :(

go get it looked at if anything just to have it documented. 

I got rear ended and totlaled out my truck, dude never stopped doing 60mph, and after a day or 2 I was fine. 

Tips after getting hit?  I suppose maybe tipping is appropriate  after getting rear-ended if the guy gave you a particularly satisfying reach around.

:lol:  the FFA never disappoints :thumbup:

• I am going to talk to an attorney, but always some helpful stuff smattered in with quality shtick here, so figured I'd open the floor to comments. 
• No weight lifting since the accident. I did go for a light jog that evening, but that was it. Sat and sunday were busy but low-impact physically so this is definitely accident related. 
• Yes back at work (desk job) 

Sorry to hear this...your car or the suv?  You need to parlay this into "therapeutic" massages for life.  Oh and make sure the repair place gets everything aligned correctly.  this happened to me a few years back and they were never able to get the back door to latch properly.  I should have made them start over in hind sight.

I hope you do not have any effects lingering past today.  I think it is not only reasonable, but is also responsible to have your back looked at as son as possible.

Sorry to hear this...your car or the suv?  You need to parlay this into "therapeutic" massages for life.  Oh and make sure the repair place gets everything aligned correctly.  this happened to me a few years back and they were never able to get the back door to latch properly.  I should have made them start over in hind sight.
Hit the car. Have appt to get repair quote/check wednesday. Definitely will be very picky about repair as car is in excellent shape. Taking to buddy's shop for the work, so trust that it will be done right. 

Is there a reason you're not seeing a doctor?

Haven't felt much pain until today. I'm not big on doctors if it's just something i can ride out. Have heard too many horror stories of this kinda crap lingering for life, though so now that I'm hurting, going to talk to lawyer/doc. Have a call scheduled with attorney buddy in a couple hours. 

This thread is more for shtick and/or experience sharing than to convince me of what to do. Atty/doc path is in progress. 

I was in a similar accident.  Felt fairly fine, minor headache when their insurance company (Progressive) called me the next day.  I was honest with them and told them I was a little sore and had a headache.  He drove his little Progressive SUV to my work with a $2500 check without me even asking.  Never went to the doctor and was fine.

Good friend got his car flipped and travelled over 200 yards on the lid.  Totaled his car, broken ribs, missed a week of work.  He ended up getting medical bills paid a year later and $12,000 in pain and suffering which the attorney got a third.  Apparently it's not the gravy train it used to be and All State fights tooth and nail not to pay out.

Good friend got his car flipped and travelled over 200 yards on the lid.  Totaled his car, broken ribs, missed a week of work.  He ended up getting medical bills paid a year later and $12,000 in pain and suffering which the attorney got a third.  Apparently it's not the gravy train it used to be and All State fights tooth and nail not to pay out.
I've heard this about allstate on many fronts. I've heard USAA (other driver's insurance) is much better about this, we shall see. Definitely not looking for a cash grab, but do want to get checked out on their dime. 

I was in a similar accident.  Felt fairly fine, minor headache when their insurance company (Progressive) called me the next day.  I was honest with them and told them I was a little sore and had a headache.  He drove his little Progressive SUV to my work with a $2500 check without me even asking.  Never went to the doctor and was fine.  Moron hitting me made to the trip to NYC for my wife and I a little more enjoyable.
Interesting. I could see them viewing that as a "lets just get this off the books" type payment to kill any future liability. I'm assuming I'll be fine in a few days, but never know. Right now it definitely sucks. 

Interesting. I could see them viewing that as a "lets just get this off the books" type payment to kill any future liability. I'm assuming I'll be fine in a few days, but never know. Right now it definitely sucks. 
Exactly what it was.  He seemed anxious to get it taken care of asap after the accident.

I've been involved in rear endings 3 times in the past 4 years.....just bad luck I guess, but somehow always end up the receiver  :unsure: . I've been fortunate enough where they've never rammed me hard enough where I got whiplash or back pain. It's just more a hassle going through the following couple weeks having less downtime than usual running around for estimates/fixes/etc.

The back pain is probably from arching your back while being rear ended.
Good call... My trainer keeps telling me to keep my back straight. 

USAA is phenomenal.  I'm sure they'll take good care of you.
I've heard this as well... Given 30%+ of drivers in this city are uninsured (and prob another 30% have bull#### bare minimum insurance by crap companies), I was relieved when the kid handed over a USAA insurance card. 

:lol:  at you guys thinking this is about cars...

Go get an HIV test, and use an "airbag" next time.
There were airbags but they weren't deployed :unsure:  

Good call... My trainer keeps telling me to keep my back straight. 

I've heard this as well... Given 30%+ of drivers in this city are uninsured (and prob another 30% have bull#### bare minimum insurance by crap companies), I was relieved when the kid handed over a USAA insurance card. 

There were airbags but they weren't deployed :unsure:  
Condoms are useless in your wallet, son

Fyi that social media is fertile ground for defense attorneys in the PI battle. If a claim is made and contested, you'll be asked under oath to provide all social media activity including stuff like this board. So if you think a claim is possible, best to avoid any internet comments about this.

They won't contest something small.  Go see a Dr., submit that.  They won't even talk a settlement till you see a Dr. even if they don't find anything it's not over at that point.  

I got rear ended by a USAA person a few months ago. The time suck alone is such a beatdown.  All the taking for estimates, then dealing with rental car people and all that crap takes forever.  If you tell them you lose some wages or vacation to deal with this they will compensate.  But like the above just need to get it documented.  I booked them for 4 hours of vacation pay, that I never put in for.  Probably going to go to jail with Hillary.

BTW with USAA as soon as you see a doctor they change the claim status and you get a different person altogether.  It's like saying "retention department" for directv. These are the people with the power do anything to keep it from going to the litigation department.  

They won't contest something small.  Go see a Dr., submit that.  They won't even talk a settlement till you see a Dr. even if they don't find anything it's not over at that point.  

I got rear ended by a USAA person a few months ago. The time suck alone is such a beatdown.  All the taking for estimates, then dealing with rental car people and all that crap takes forever.  If you tell them you lose some wages or vacation to deal with this they will compensate.  But like the above just need to get it documented.  I booked them for 4 hours of vacation pay, that I never put in for.  Probably going to go to jail with Hillary.
Yeah I'm dreading the time suck. Honestly, half the reason I'm talking to an attorney is to minimize that. Already having to adjust my schedule wednesday to get the car looked at by an adjuster. 

Haven't felt much pain until today. I'm not big on doctors if it's just something i can ride out. Have heard too many horror stories of this kinda crap lingering for life, though so now that I'm hurting, going to talk to lawyer/doc. Have a call scheduled with attorney buddy in a couple hours. 

This thread is more for shtick and/or experience sharing than to convince me of what to do. Atty/doc path is in progress. 
ok.

so what did the proctologist say, exactly?

I've been involved in rear endings 3 times in the past 4 years.....just bad luck I guess, but somehow always end up the receiver  :unsure: . I've been fortunate enough where they've never rammed me hard enough where I got whiplash or back pain. It's just more a hassle going through the following couple weeks having less downtime than usual running around for estimates/fixes/etc.
Quit slamming on your ### #### brakes for no ####### good reason

• After wreck: Very mild lower back soreness and light headache. Not litigious person so just took advil.. wait and see approach. 
• Today I wake to whole back aching badly and a dull headache. 
Pretty obvious that these are symptoms of ball cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread