What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

My lineup in a loss:

Wentz

Jeffrey/Thielen

Conner/Michel

Graham

McCaffrey/Evans

Crosby

Carolina (####ed up here, with rain in DC was hoping for a sloppy game)

I scored 206, average score in a week in this league is 135.

30 point lead going into MNF with my Fred Warner vs. their Kenny Clark & Blake Martinez...

Anxiously awaiting expiration of stat correction time to be sure of my 0.6 point win... 

I'm in a 5 player keeper league and had an excellent draft to go along with these keepers:  Zeke, OBJ, Etrz, Golladay and A. Collins (which one doesn't belong  :lol:  ).  I drafted the following guys:  TJ. Yeldon, G. Bernard, Corey Clement, E. Sanders, T. Cohen, T. Lockett and K. Stills. 

These guys are still on my team and have been started at least once each: TJ. Yeldon (2), G. Bernard (2), Corey Clement (1) and E. Sanders (5)

These guys were dropped (outright dropped!) before their value increased: T. Cohen, T. Lockett (before week #1)   :thumbdown: :wall: :sadbanana: :kicksrock:

PSA announcement - I just dropped K. Stills so he's sure to go off this week :lol:  

I needed a Linebacker to cover for Nick Vigil this week and for upcoming byes.  Thank you for the pick-6 Todd Davis.  The week is off to a good start.  

Sitting at 1-5 in my salary cap league, I decided to go into rebuild mode - traded away Newton, Howard, Hilton and Olsen for Winston, AJones, Ito Smith and MVS, freeing up a bunch of cap space for next year's auction.  I was getting minimal production from DJ, Hilton is hurt, and I have Chubb on the bench waiting for his chance but not startable.

That was Wednesday.  Since then, Mike McCoy got fired (I have DJ) and it looks like Hyde is getting traded to the Jags. My RB group just got a whole lot more interesting!

Sitting at 1-5 in my salary cap league, I decided to go into rebuild mode - traded away Newton, Howard, Hilton and Olsen for Winston, AJones, Ito Smith and MVS, freeing up a bunch of cap space for next year's auction.  I was getting minimal production from DJ, Hilton is hurt, and I have Chubb on the bench waiting for his chance but not startable.

That was Wednesday.  Since then, Mike McCoy got fired (I have DJ) and it looks like Hyde is getting traded to the Jags. My RB group just got a whole lot more interesting!
I have Hilton, DJ, Chubb and Winston in one of my 16-team leagues.  I'm 7-5, right in the thick of the playoff hunt.  I tried trading DJ to the Bell owner after week 1.  I'm glad they didn't accept.  Almost feels like Christmas today.

Never checked anything fantasy yesterday and didn't notice Gordon was hurt.  Taking a zero today.  Oof
I can top this.  In desperation due to being 2-4 in a league where I couldn't afford another loss and where I owned Gordon and had no one to replace him with (Freeman played Thursday, Aaron Jones on bye, best option on the wire being Kyle Juszczyk - it's a 16-team league), I traded Melvin Gordon an hour before kickoff this morning.

Who did I trade him for?  Sony Michel.  Who might well be done for the year with a serious knee injury.  So I effectively traded Melvin Gordon away for nothing because he got some cramps on a plane ride.

Benched Cohen (18.3) for Chubb (14.0) after the Hyde trade, then benched Chubb for Duke (4.3) at the last minute :bag: :wall:  

One of those years everything ido works out. Drafted conner on a whim. Due to his bye I started mack. Last 4 weeks I've played GB defense vs buf, Baltimore vs ten, cincy vs mia, and indy vs buf

Last edited by a moderator:
Slow start, streaming mediocre QBs with Wentz out & didn’t have a Plan B for Olsen (have Eifert & RSJ.) High scorer WK1 was 24 sumtin & WK2 it was 21ish.

0-2

Core:

AB, T.Y., Tate, Cook + Wentz

Other starters:

Alshon when he gets healthy, RB2 is Hyde, Eifert, Lutz, Denver.

Decent depth: Cohen, Kerryon, Geronimo, Westbrook, Mike Williams, RSJ

Bad start but feel like it’s still a decent squad, no need to panic.
4-3, e.g., have won 4 of the last 5. Wining easily on AB’s bye week is especially sweet. Picked up Lindsay & Chubb along the way to pair with Kerryon.

I like my chances this year.

krsone21 said:
Welcome to the Hunt & Hill fan club!!!
Same boat here - need them to keep playing lights out because I am streaming Watson/Winston at QB...not to mention Conner and James White as my RB and flex....which is nice except Conner has the specter of Bell hanging around and White is a good but situational back.

Bragging about a move I made today. In first place at 6-0 but going to lose this week. Saw Team who was 5-1 forgot to start Lutz and down 1.7 points so he needed a PK. I dropped Eli (felt amazing)  and picked up Rosas. I immediately get offer of a 2018 4 for Rosas from him and I tell him I prefer the one Game lead. Then offer rosas, 2 late 3’s for a mid to late 2 and early 4 to a team who only had Matt Bryant and boom. Accept! 

Definitely getting out of a league after this year. I lose on the effing Beckham td with 5 seconds left. My team far and away has most points against and this will probably be second year in a row that I miss playoffs because I play high scorer every week. Commish won't change playoff structure to at least let higher scoring teams in as wild cards. We'll just have some sh@@@y teams with better records by luck get in the playoffs. I will never understand that logic.

Have Julio in one league, was facing him in another.  Where I have him, I had a lead and just needed to hold off Evan Engram.

In the league where I was facing him I won by 0.22. One more yard/catch/anything from him and I'd have lost.

I'm 2-5 in my oldest league, 12 team keep-2 with a bunch of ex-coworkers.   I have more total points scored than everyone except the #2 guy.  I'm in 10th place and have 60 more total points than the guy who's undefeated in 1st.

Just one of those years where every week I'm up against one of the top 3 scorers.  Yesterday I lost by 1.6 pts to the highest score of the week.   

WHADDO I GOTTA DO TO BUY A MAMMYFREAKIN WIN AROUND HERE!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Have some bad luck as well.

First league is my longest tenured league with friends. I’m stacked but am 4-3, third highest scorer but most points against, haven’t really had a close loss just end up going against guys that have there best weeks.

Second league I’ve been in for 3 years, tore it apart last year and had a quick rebuild thanks to landing Barkley and some key trades that got me Mahomes and tyreek and hopefully sometime soon a healthy Dalvin. Second in points scored but sitting at 4-3. Lost 1 week by .3 points and the other 2 losses have come when I had second highest score that week but played the highest. 

Probably the most frustrating tho is in the FBG players championship. First year doing it and co-own a team with a buddy and we both liked our draft, team is solid but just can’t catch a break. Currently second in points but 7th in standings because we have lost 2 brutal weeks. 1 by .45 points and the other by .9 points this week. Both losses correspond with Robbie Gould not having any or barely any chances for points so guess we’re gonna have to change kickers

Have some bad luck as well.

First league is my longest tenured league with friends. I’m stacked but am 4-3, third highest scorer but most points against, haven’t really had a close loss just end up going against guys that have there best weeks.

Second league I’ve been in for 3 years, tore it apart last year and had a quick rebuild thanks to landing Barkley and some key trades that got me Mahomes and tyreek and hopefully sometime soon a healthy Dalvin. Second in points scored but sitting at 4-3. Lost 1 week by .3 points and the other 2 losses have come when I had second highest score that week but played the highest. 

Probably the most frustrating tho is in the FBG players championship. First year doing it and co-own a team with a buddy and we both liked our draft, team is solid but just can’t catch a break. Currently second in points but 7th in standings because we have lost 2 brutal weeks. 1 by .45 points and the other by .9 points this week. Both losses correspond with Robbie Gould not having any or barely any chances for points so guess we’re gonna have to change kickers
Kickers matter

Soooooo tired of facing top 1-2 scorer every week.  This week I was favored to be high scorer, but now am projected to lose by 6 (as the second highest scorer) against a team that heading into this week was 9th (of 12) in scoring.  Every freaking week it is the same story.  Just once when my team goes off it would be nice to face an average team.  This week all his guys played well but I still would have won - if not him picking up Jessie Bates (who?) right before the game and he went out and got 6 tackles an int and a td. Are you kidding me?  SO I will score 180, lose to a guy with 186 and the next closest score was in the 140s.

Slow start, streaming mediocre QBs with Wentz out & didn’t have a Plan B for Olsen (have Eifert & RSJ.) High scorer WK1 was 24 sumtin & WK2 it was 21ish.

0-2

Core:

AB, T.Y., Tate, Cook + Wentz

Other starters:

Alshon when he gets healthy, RB2 is Hyde, Eifert, Lutz, Denver.

Decent depth: Cohen, Kerryon, Geronimo, Westbrook, Mike Williams, RSJ

Bad start but feel like it’s still a decent squad, no need to panic.
3 straight Ws, 5 out of 6.

5-3 in a 5-way tie for first.

In one league I'm facing Cooks, Thielen, Gurley and Ficken. I'm down 70 heading into the weekend also.

Certain loss since I have Derrick Henry as my only "startable RB". 

I will need a massive explosion from Baker Mayfield in that league. (Long story there)

Was a good week to be going against multiple Rams players. I waited all offseason for weeks like this one.   :wall:

TZM 
I have 6 players on a bye & Davin Cook will probably miss another week. I’m starting Baker as well. One of my starting WRs will be Geronimo Allison. 

:lmao:

Huge week, every player outscored their projections. 

Goff

Gurley

Mixon

Evans 

Fuller

Ebron

Conner

The Leg(okay, not everyone outscored their projection)

NE D

In a league where scores are generally around 250, with good teams topping 300, I have 3 of my 5 losses by:

Definitely getting out of a league after this year. I lose on the effing Beckham td with 5 seconds left. My team far and away has most points against and this will probably be second year in a row that I miss playoffs because I play high scorer every week. Commish won't change playoff structure to at least let higher scoring teams in as wild cards. We'll just have some sh@@@y teams with better records by luck get in the playoffs. I will never understand that logic.
your right.  should always have something in to reward total points for a playoff spot.  always

Bought into the whole "ZOMG the 49ers are starting a 3rd-string UDFA rookie at QB" last night.

Picked up the OAK D and started Seth Roberts over Kittle, then watched that D go out and make the rookie look like mid-career Joe Montana. :wall:

LeVeon killed at least 3 teams.  If he had come back week 8, maybe salvage 2.  But no.  Hate losing your 1st Round pick week 1.  Like losing David Johnson last year. Doh!  

I don't know where this belongs, but I still have to pick 2 RBs and 2 WR this week on 1 team.  Looking at fantasypros, the RBs I have for those slots are ranked 14, 15, 16 and 17.  The WRs I have for those slots are ranked 29, 30, 31, 32.

Guess I'll get the dartboard out.

In one league, After the 1:00 games I was projected to win by about 40 points.  My opponent had Kamara and M. Thomas and now I'm projected to lose by about 10 points.  In my other league I had a comfortable 25 point lead with Edelman against his J. White.  White just got 13 in the first 3 minutes of the game.   :loco:  

I got high score for the year (so far) thanks to Gordon and MVS! That's $10 for high of the week and a possible $50 for season high!

Also won by 1.1 in my other league. Guy had Gostkowski and I had Adams! Hopefully no stat corrections.

Feeling good right now. 

I don't know where this belongs, but I still have to pick 2 RBs and 2 WR this week on 1 team.  Looking at fantasypros, the RBs I have for those slots are ranked 14, 15, 16 and 17.  The WRs I have for those slots are ranked 29, 30, 31, 32.

Guess I'll get the dartboard out.
and now a venting post, as i actually made all the right decisions in this must-win game, but still will lose to Thomas-Kamara-Coleman unless Zeke can go for like 180 yds/3 TD.  story of this team this year.  Doing great in 2 other leagues and honestly feel like I haven't made many mistakes here, but have the most points against coming into the week and now play the highest-scoring team of the week...

Yesterday summed up how strange FF is sometimes...or shows that I just drafted good depth.

All year my team has been projected to score big point...and until the past few weeks (and even one of those weeks) feel short.  Yesterday I was projected for a low total with 4 starters on bye (OBJ, Boyd, Mack, and DJ).  And I outscoted my projections by 35 points and that was with benching skittle because of the qb situation.

Nice to have Olsen, MVS, and Ridley step up. Collins Lindsay and Baldwin do just enough...oh and yeah, helps having the Bears against J Peterman and the Bills.

Sometimes it's just not your year.

I play doubleheaders.  I went up against Mahomes, Hunt, McCaffrey, and M Thomas in one, and Brees, M Gordon, J Gordon, Kelce and Hopkins in the other.  The two highest scoring teams this week.  :wall:

Played against Rodgers, Gurley & Gronk this week. I didn't expect to win and thought Gronk would be playing. However, he didn't play...Rodgers didn't have a spectacular week, neither did Gurley. However, the guy also had...

BEARS DEFENSE

Great...would've definitely won had it not been for those 2 defensive TDs. Thanks Bills! ?

Users who are viewing this thread