Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

First round bye in both my big money leagues. Would like to give a big shout out to Jackson and Patriots defense.

4 hours ago, joffer said:

yeah i should've stuck with SF.  some of the worst tackling ive ever seen.

I had SF as well.  One defense ranked #2 for the week, the other mid 20's.  I get it but it's why I always hesitate to chase marginal, soft defenses with matchups come playoff time.  Been burned a lot - several times by the Eagles btw.  I'm going against Brees and Thomas next week so need 49rs to play tough no matter what.  Didn't think I'd start them over Eagles vs Giants at home but here we go.  All in with the team who helped get me here.

I have 1 of 3 teams not making the playoffs and it started the year with FBGuys rating it 99% chance to make playoffs with good management. Injuries, scoring system (TD League) have cast an underachieving cloud over it for most of the year. As bad as it’s been, I still had the chance to make playoffs at 7-6 with a win this week. It started on Thursday with the missed XP & FG’s by YoungHoe, the easy TD drop by Cook and it just got worse with Ronald Jones being Bruce Arians’d. The last dagger was Fuller’s drop which would have gotten me within striking distance for Lockett to perform a little MNF magic. This season was not meant to be for what looked to be a world beater after the draft:kicksrock: 

Good Luck to all of those still in the hunt, may MNF magic bless all FBGuys tonight!

Hello all,

I need some advice.  This my first time playing fantasy and if this isnt the forum for this question just let me know.  I want to know if it is a good thing to strengthen my bench by dropping  Jamaal Williams and grabbing Darrius Guice for the playoff run our playoffs are weeks 15 and 16.  If this is the place I can share the line up I have worked my ### off to build...

Looks like the Seahawks' method of running out the clock at the end got me the last two Harrison Smith tackles I needed to sneak into a 1st round bye, flipping a close loss to a close win!

Now I have to sweat till Thursday AM stat corrections to make sure!

First in points, missed the playoffs. Team who was last in points(300+ points less) made the playoffs. Fantasy football is random. 

Oh well, watch, I'll outscore all the playoff teams the last 3 weeks too. At least I'm in the top-700 in DFS. Maybe get lucky there.

Congrats to everyone who made it.

15 hours ago, belljr said:

If i actually checked sunday morning which i thought i did that Tate was out my only other option put up 20 points and I would win this week no problem and get a bye..

Now I need to sweat out a Monday night game for 14 points  .....  I most likely will lose 😡

Thanks little baby Jesus

2nd highest in points in my longtime redraft, missed the playoffs by losing by two points last night. Pretty much knew it was gonna happen early on, started out 0-4 playing the highest point scoring team each week. Them’s the breaks. :kicksrock:

Have a bye this week in 1 league so naturally my idle roster is blowing up: Brees, Winston (superflex), Aaron Jones, Diontae Johnson, ARobinson, Waller, Butker, Steeler D.

Looking foward to the collective bed-crapping next weekend, where I'm likely facing Zeke, CMC, Mostert, Cooper, Diggs and Godwin

Going for the 3peat in my league. Needed 12 out of Carson. Got 11 so tied 148-148. Goes to bench scoring him 30 me 29. Out in the first rd. 

5 hours ago, conlilnew said:

Going for the 3peat in my league. Needed 12 out of Carson. Got 11 so tied 148-148. Goes to bench scoring him 30 me 29. Out in the first rd. 

If I’m reading this right, is this one of the last leagues out there not using decimal scoring?  Might have made a difference either way.

Still, tough loss.  Those silly close ones are ones you remember forever.

10 hours ago, Arodin said:

If I’m reading this right, is this one of the last leagues out there not using decimal scoring?  Might have made a difference either way.

Still, tough loss.  Those silly close ones are ones you remember forever

I joined a seemingly longtime no-decimal this year and have not done any numbers cracking, but I won a game by one and can't help but think I should have lost. 

On another note, in my favorite league, Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray killed me in a Superflex. I not only missed the playoffs by a seasonal two points (yes, 1779-1777) but in the consolation bracket I raced out to a breakneck place only to see it ground to a halt by another suspect Murray performance. He hasn't been that bad, but he and Baker were not 1.12 and 2.01, respectively. That I sniffed the playoffs was a testament to late round drafting of Godwin, Robisnon, Jacobs, White, Waller, and others, but not the full-blown ### that went Baker, Murray, Damien Williams in the first three.

Pretty maids all in a row? Oof. 

:ptts:

Your draft stunk, guy.  

Edited by rockaction

Thought I was going to sail to the next round with my 1st round bye...............................

But I saw my chances for a title go down considerably with Evans and Ridley likely out for the remainder of the year.

I wonder if Lamar Jackson can catch passes for me to go along with being a QB1 and a RB1? 

My guys had one job this weekend, STAY HEALTHY 

fail 

Shark League 20 years strong--never won.  Finally, through some great trades to desperate teams entered week 14 with this roster and feeling good:

P. Mahomes, C. McCaffrey, M. Ingram, D. Adams, M. Thomas, T. Kelce, GB D/ST vs WAS....  Lost to the 8th place team.  

Everybody says "stick with your studs--they can overcome matchups", but this loss is move evidence to the contrary, with guys like Tannehill and Ridley on my bench.

You are a fickle mistress fantasy football.

• Like 1

There are two instances where "stick with your studs" is bad advice.

After the opening weeks of the fantasy season when it's clear your perceived studs are no longer studs any more.

And during the fantasy playoffs.

With the Ridley injury in my 'waivers locked for the playoffs' league, I take a long look down my short bench and see my remaining WR is Brandin Cooks.  Will Cooks beat the zero that Ridley will put up?  Can't wait to find out.

Come on Brandin....sheesh.

I thought I was lucky to find both Guice and Penny on my waiver wire last week.  That worked about as well as me starting Mahomes over Winston.

Went up against a 7-6 team. 

They had Winston, Mixon, Ekeler, Golladay, Singeltary, Lutz, Kittle...

He scored 214 points. The most by a team all year long. He was projected for 120. 

Im at 136 and have Jeffrey tonight. I was also projected for 120 points. 

One and out unfortunately. 🤯

6 hours ago, Wrigley said:

My guys had one job this weekend, STAY HEALTHY 

fail 

Start 3 WRs:  I've got Chark, Ridley, and Thielen.  Yup.

a few weeks ago when i played one owner... on monday night i had hill and damien williams going... both players ended up getting hurt early and i only netted 1.7 pts that game.... week one of playoffs i played against that same owner... and i only  needed 6 points from eagles D and alshon... alshon slips on a banana peel in route to putting up a zero.... and the eagles D unable to force any TO's against eli freaking manning and my season is over

Edited by iamkoza

5 leagues. 5 playoff teams. 5 week 14 losses. 🤬

Edited by The Captain

6 hours ago, iamkoza said:

a few weeks ago when i played one owner... on monday night i had hill and damien williams going... both players ended up getting hurt early and i only netted 1.7 pts that game.... week one of playoffs i played against that same owner... and i only  needed 6 points from eagles D and alshon... alshon slips on a banana peel in route to putting up a zero.... and the eagles D unable to force any TO's against eli freaking manning and my season is over

I'll do you one better...

Had Hill and Williams and a 15 point lead against Kelce and Keenan Allen that Monday night.  After my 1.3 points on that night I lost by a wide margin.  Two weeks later, on Monday night I'm down by 0.2 points and I have Lockett and my opponent is done.  Lockett goes for Zero.  Lose by 0.2 points.  Last night, I'm down by 12 and have Alshon Jeffrey and...you know the rest.  Any win in any of those games and I make the playoffs.  If my house doesn't burn down this coming Monday night I'm going to consider myself lucky.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Brag - Undefeated 13-0 and league scoring leader headed into League Final in Dynasty this weekend. Roster has likes of L-Jax, Conner, A. Jones, Hopkins, M.Thomas, Diggs, E.Engram (No Start TE just TE Premium in Flex spots) Multiple IDP's in top 10 at their position. Trades early on has netted me the 1.01 and 1.02 in rookie draft next year. 

Vent - Ljax, Conner, Engram, AJ Green, Hockenson, Everett, JJ Watt all dinged up or been dinged up for weeks, because its dynasty wanting to hold many of those assets and fill holes where possible. If Ljax cant go I may have to start D.Carr....eesh. 

Hopefully still win title, just may limp there in the end...

In 2 semifinals, one with Brees and one against Brees.  Could find myself needing a very specific score from him on Monday night.

I was :thisclose: to benching Ingram (for Laird) against the #2 ranked Jets run defense. Glad I didn't :pickle:

• Like 1

• IDP league - #1 seed, playoffs this weekend against a team that just lost Mike Evans, Marvin Jones & maybe Jared Cook.  My team is finally healthy. Hopefully I’m lucky as well. 

• Dynasty League, just missed the BYE (by 3.4 points) but won week 13 playoff, headed into this weekend with 23.6 from Mark Ingram. 

it’s been a good year. With a little luck I’ll make the LCG in both of my leagues. 

I hope everyone’s playoffs are going well. Go get em!

On 12/12/2019 at 10:51 AM, heckmanm said:

In 2 semifinals, one with Brees and one against Brees.  Could find myself needing a very specific score from him on Monday night.

Just noticed I also have CMC in one league and face him in the other

12-2 season, second-highest scoring team on the season. Decided to start Tannehill over Wilson. Should have known better.

Always start your studs!

• Like 1

Philly D vs Redskins SEEMED like a good choice :wall:

Alrighty, then :pickle:

Edited by heckmanm
  • Sad 1

God$#@

Eagles D got 10 points on last play against me.

Sack, fumble TD in one play 🤯😫 

Every week I get killed by in game injuries.  Ashlon last week killed a title contender.  Godwin this week.  F this sport.

I had to choose between Woods, Lockett, and Drake.  Guess who I chose.

0-4 today my worst semi-finals day ever.

And just for kicks I had $250 on the Redskins +6.

Missed the playoffs by a Lockett goose-egg (on another team I needed to win) and watching my guys put up 150 in standard :( 

This game.

If you have Hooper and are going against Julio....that kinda sucked.

3 hours ago, BigDave said:

God$#@

Eagles D got 10 points on last play against me.

Sack, fumble TD in one play 🤯😫 

Survived this terrible play to move on to the Championship

Feeling pretty good in both leagues

- 1 league I have a 69 point lead (nice!), opponent has Drew Brees

- 1 league I have a 26 point lead, with Brees and the Steeler D.  Opponent has Josh Allen, Lutz, and Saints D.

Would be nearly impossible not to win at least one of them. (Brees would have to score 70+, and then Lutz and the NO defense would have to outscore the Steeler defense by 26 more than Brees scored)

Edited by heckmanm

ESPN app has been garbage all day with updating scores. Infuriating trying to see where I stand. 

Welp of my 8 wr I'm down to 3 and well those 3 sucked today

Edited by belljr

Was down 25 with Buf D and 30 seconds of Julio and then down 4 with 2 mins to go in Buf game. 2 sacks and a pick for the 2 point win:headbang:

After facing the duo of Carson and CMC I am down 16.5 with Pascal going tonight.  Need to get a stat line of something like 6/80/1.  Think my odds are fair as Indy is going to have to chuck it to keep up all night.

My opponent played Lamar on TNF who scored 47 points.  At one point in the early Sunday games I was losing something like 78 to 12.  Then the massive comeback started and I pulled out a victory!  Shout out to these guys:  Tannehill, Zeke, Mostert, DJ Moore, OBJ, Ertz, M. Williams, NE D

:lol: 

:towelwave: