What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

COLTS ARE A Freaking MESS!!!  No talent on defense (except V Davis), bad play calling, no heart on this team, bad coaching, and bad general manager (Phillip Dorsett in the first round when they needed OL and defense?).  Werner?  Drafted Jerry Hughes in the first round, then gives up on him and he succeeds in Buffalo?  Fleener and Allen with early picks and Fleener is no longer on the team and Allen appears to be a bust?  Money spent on bad free agents a couple of years ago?  When will the Colts learn championships are built on defense?   Doesn't that idiot Grigson know you have to draft impact defensive players?  Arthur Jones?  Reitz?  Finially he wasn't in the starting lineup and that is good I guess.  Castanzo isn't even any good and he was supposed to be our best OL?   He's going to get Luck killed.   Robinson (DB) got eat up against the Bears last week..   I can see it now, the Colts will have 30 years of quarterbacking with Manning and Luck and have ONE Super Bowl to show for it.  What else is there to say?

Oh yeah, an idiot for an owner who somehow decided these two buffoons (Pagano & Grigson) deserved a contract extension when everyone else knew they should have been fired.  He must have been on some pills when he made that decision.  I used to think Irsay was so much better than his father but I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
:slowclap: 

Excellent venting. I said something similar last night - the Colts are a total waste of Luck's ability, and the OL was reminding me of David Carr and how the Texans ruined his career. Any points the Colts score is really impressive considering how terrible they would be without Luck.  

Also, Gore is super talented, and should be counted among your team's best players. The problem there is that he's 127 years old. 

Brag:pulled my first 3-0 since week 1

Vent: its still all dumb luck, played the worst possible team I could of and won

Edelman 3.8 over pryor 19.84

Wilson 11.5 over ryan 22.6

Jordy 4.8 over meredith 11.3

bennett 4.8 over fleener 19.6

Hopkins 7.1 over West 24.3

65 points on the bench in standard :ph34r: , Miller and shady carried me 

Played Bortles over Eli in other, had shot to re-up high score of the year (worth $120)

And won 1 other league starting Coates and Crabtree who combined for 1 point  :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't get one, single, stinking TD out of Ingram, Bernard, AB, Meredith or Olsen. 5 good players, not one TD between them. All you can do is laugh  :lmao:

Decided to sit Eli after 5 weeks of mediocrity. Went with Alex Smith. Now only up 6 with my David Johnson vs his Carson Palmer. Praying now that win #3 comes due to yet another Monday Night did by an opponents last guy vs mine. Just like the Giants, can't ever make it easy for myself.

After a 4-1 start, just scored my lowest total in the 23 history of my main league.  Worse, goodbye Roethlisberger who was one of my top scorers and an added hit to Antonio Brown.  Good thing I have CJ Anderson to carry the load....wait.
Just realized that not only did my teams suck this week - but in both leagues I faced David Johnson.  Not a good week to face him apparently.

Not even close. Red Zone all the way. Football is almost unwatchable on the whole. But RZ has a great flow to it and combined with fantasy is a lot of fun. Watching a single, slow, badly-officiated, commercial-filled game? Hahaha. PAIN. 
Every week one of us makes the comment... "Wow, that guy on Red Zone is really good!".  He goes for 7 straight hours and does a fantastic job.  You would think listening to the same guy over and over would get annoying but he really nails it.

Mr. Know-It-All said:
Just realized that not only did my teams suck this week - but in both leagues I faced David Johnson.  Not a good week to face him apparently.
I don't think it's ever a great week to face David Johnson.

BigBlue_RI said:
Decided to sit Eli after 5 weeks of mediocrity. Went with Alex Smith. Now only up 6 with my David Johnson vs his Carson Palmer. Praying now that win #3 comes due to yet another Monday Night did by an opponents last guy vs mine. Just like the Giants, can't ever make it easy for myself.
I switched out Eli and Ware for Osweiller and Howard but still managed to get my first win of the season due to big games by Shady and ArizD.

Sometimes I really wonder why I even bother.  Had an opening in the league this year that went unfilled up until the week of the draft.  One of the other owners talked his dad into joining ($50 entry, 12 team league of friends).  This guy autodrafts, has no idea how to operate the website, sends messages in our group text asking why hasn't his kicker who he sees is on a bye been replaced yet, I guess he assumed those minor nuisances such as bye weeks would just be taken care of automatically?!?!  Autodraft gives him Tom Brady, who he dropped after week 1 when he saw that he put up a zero (leaving him with Mariota as his only QB), and last week he dropped Jamaal Charles because "I guess he's never gonna be healthy, he missed all those games".  All he knows how to do is set a lineup with the most projected points, and of course he's 5-1 in first place in the league.  I dealt him his only loss, have >100 total points over him, and am sitting in 5th at 3-3 thanks to facing the top scorer of the week 3 times.    :wall:  Why oh why do idiot owners get rewarded with wins?

1-5 after my win this week.  I did it!          :clap:
I feel your pain.  I am 2-4 in my main league with a decent squad but horrible luck.  Cool thing is a bunch of teams are 3-3.  Wins have been hard to get , but you gotta keep trying.  Never know when luck might change....

wlwiles said:
Sometimes I really wonder why I even bother.  Had an opening in the league this year that went unfilled up until the week of the draft.  One of the other owners talked his dad into joining ($50 entry, 12 team league of friends).  This guy autodrafts, has no idea how to operate the website, sends messages in our group text asking why hasn't his kicker who he sees is on a bye been replaced yet, I guess he assumed those minor nuisances such as bye weeks would just be taken care of automatically?!?!  Autodraft gives him Tom Brady, who he dropped after week 1 when he saw that he put up a zero (leaving him with Mariota as his only QB), and last week he dropped Jamaal Charles because "I guess he's never gonna be healthy, he missed all those games".  All he knows how to do is set a lineup with the most projected points, and of course he's 5-1 in first place in the league.  I dealt him his only loss, have >100 total points over him, and am sitting in 5th at 3-3 thanks to facing the top scorer of the week 3 times.    :wall:  Why oh why do idiot owners get rewarded with wins?
We had a guy like that go 0-13 then knock off 2 people in a row in the playoffs in a league where everybody gets in.  :lmao:  I finally put him down in the semi, but it was damn close and I've never been more nervous to win one.

Going against one of the worst teams in the league this week who has this trio of wrs. Cobb, j. Mathews, m. Floyd.  Cobb is his wr1.  Of course he gets 11 rec and a td last night in that trash GB offense.  I'm sure Mathews and Floyd will somehow will have their best games of the season vs mn and sea.  I have the most points against and always seem to get the best effort from the other team.  No easy games all year

I started Hoyer tonight. No use in paying attention to the rest of the games this weekend.
Same here, picked that mofo up yesterday and played over Winston...genius!  But keep faith.  You/we just need our opponents to have a couple guys with below average days and anything's possible.

A big FU thanks to this report this morning leading me to sit Tucker for Prater

wunderground.com forecasts "Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph." Weather is very often over emphasized but wind can cause problems. If you needed a tiebreaker for your Jets or Ravens players, it does look it'll be windy in East Rutherford.

I'm in two fantasy leagues... starting M. Stafford in one league and K. Cousins in the other.  3rd highest total game of the week at 49.5 so I'm feeling good about the QB position expecting both to put up good numbers.... at halftime the score is 3-3.

Fantasy Football is a stupid hobby  :kicksrock: :wall: :violin: :ptts:

This might be one of the most boring Sundays I have seen in awhile.......no wonder the ratings are in the toilet.

On that note- I benched both Miami running backs due to the disinformation campaign on whether or not McCoy would play. LOL.

I fired up Tevin Coleman.....lets seehow that works out.  :excited:

TZM

Picked up Ajayi in my 10-teamed with family who obviously aren't paying attention. Sat Pryor in the flex for Ajayi. Boom!

Trusted McCoy being active against a rush D that has sucked.

Forte...benched. Could have picked up Mike Davis and didnt.

Kick in the already bruised nuts thanks to Cam Meredith and Beckham.  Now add in Carr doing little too and just an awful week.

And in a matter of minutes my opponent who happens to be among the crappiest teams the league gets a DTD from Indy and 2nd, garbage time TD from Latavius Murray. I've got a baaaad feeling how this week is going to go.

2-5 after today and no way I'm making the playoffs. Can't wait to drop Jeffery and A-Rob as that will be the only joy I get from this god forsaken season.

Facing a 1-5 team this week - who started Mike Evans and Lagarette Blount.  Good thing I started Derek Carr with Big Ben injured and had the stellar Maclin stats against New Orleans.  Hello 4-3, 

Don't forget he was selected ahead of AR15 in that legendary WR draft class of 2014. He doesn't suck, he's just been injured a lot until now. 
A team I'm looking to deal with has Robinson on his team, was a 2nd rd pick for him. I was thinking of doing a buy low, but Lee's name has been popping up a lot the last couple of weeks on a lot of sites.

Agreed what has happened to him?  
I think it was a combo of the league doing a better job of preparing for him and Bortles regressing. The Jags are not scaring anyone with that running game so the offense as a whole is pedestrian. I am thinking about just dropping him.

Drafted and cut Ajayi, guy in last place had picked him up and I guess it was my destiny to face that team this week. Also, benched Brees for Mariota and lost by 9. Brees gets me the win by a single point. Couple of lessons for me in there this week  :wall:

I have AR15 and Cooper on one team :wall: ............still won this week easily, thanks to Matt Forte waking up, Gronk, Tyrell and the Eagles D.

2nd high score of the week, first winning streak (2 games!!), won 3 out of 4 after my worst start since 2004. Have moved up from 11th to 8th, two places out of the playoffs.

2nd or 3rd in total points pending tonight's game.

Slouching toward respectability. 

2nd high score of the week, first winning streak (2 games!!), won 3 out of 4 after my worst start since 2004. Have moved up from 11th to 8th, two places out of the playoffs.

2nd or 3rd in total points pending tonight's game.

Slouching toward respectability. 
Me too.  Started 0-3, but 3-1 over last 4 and feel like I have found my team.  Also playing a nice schedule over the next month.  Choo choo

Feeling comfortable this season.  No lineup change has cost me a game.  Just played highest scoring team every single ####### week

Users who are viewing this thread