What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RGIII Placed On IR (1 Viewer)

Dr. Octopus

Footballguy
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Robert Griffin III's non-throwing shoulder injury is "potentially serious."

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports RGIII could be "out a while." At the very least, Week 2 should be written off for the would-be renaissance candidate. Considering Griffin's injury history and the way his arm was dangling on Sunday, he's probably played his final snap of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn...I was looking to stream Baltimore defense in week 2 vs. RG3 and Cleveland...with McKown, they may actually have a better chance...hmmm

fractured coracoid bone in left shoulder...out 3-4 weeks at least.  Schefter tweeted maybe even "out for [the] season"

Hate to put this in the disastrous Gordon thread - good, bad or neutral for him when he returns?
Didn't have any effect on him when he set NFL records.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/06/josh-gordon-nfl-week-14-preview

... Josh Gordon: the rapidly ascending and record-setting receiver has shown an ability to put up yards and create big plays no matter who's throwing him the ball ...

... Gordon has caught passes from Brian Hoyer, Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden,

-

didn't see the game...how did he get hurt?
He was running out of bounds and didn't see the defender who squared up and hit him high on the shoulder.

RG III stayed in the remainder of the game but it was apparent he was injured.  

If i were the Browns, I would trade McCown and let Kessler start the rest of the year. What do they have to lose?

That said, Gordon didn't have much competition for targets back then.
I have heard this before but TE Jordan Cameron made the Pro Bowl that year and had 117 targets in 2013, the year JG was setting records with three different QBs.

If i were the Browns, I would trade McCown and let Kessler start the rest of the year. What do they have to lose?
Kessler looks like he isn't startable IMHO so starting him would set back the development of Terrell Pryor and Corey Coleman.

it was for the regular season franchise record.  I was at the previous game when Sipe had thrown for 444 yards against the Baltimore COLTS in 1981 so I was very-aware when McCown broke the record. 

I wonder if he hurt himself on that scramble out of bounds, where he initiated first contact. Tried to do the truck stick, that didnt really work out. Seems like something a Browns player would do. 

That's why QBs get the big dough - cuz the 30th-best one in the whole wide world can't get out of his own ####in way....

Users who are viewing this thread