What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Not thrilled about my 2nd RB (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Play in 10-team, .5ppr re-draft league. We start 2 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, Flex (WR/RB/TE), DEF, K

My roster is QB: Luck, Tannehill, Mariota; RB: Elliott, L. Murray, Rashad Jennings, McKinnon, Henry; WR: Marshall, Hilton, Landry, Parker; TE: Pitta, Eifert; DEF: Jets; K: Bailey

Not too thrilled with having Murray as my RB2 and I think it's a good time to sell him.  I have an offer sent to me earlier today sending me Thomas Rawls for Murray. Was actually thinking of trading for Christine Michael for this weekend. The owner that has Michael has the following roster:

QB: Brady, Flacco, Cousins, Bradford; RB: Bell, Hyde, Gurley, Michael, Whitaker, Asiata; WR: Decker, Tate, Baldwin; TE: Reed; K: Tucker; DEF: Green Bay

Not sure I want to sell a bunch for LeVeon Bell. His WR options are not very strong and his RBs are all underperforming. I could go after Reed/Michael and send L. Murray/Parker/Pitta. Any thoughts on this? I could also see if he wants McKinnon considering he has Asiata.

What's your reasoning for standing pat? I understand the reasoning but Murray has gone from a lead back to a guy in a 4-way committee with a coaching staff seemingly wanting to keep it that way. His value might be as high as it is going to be coming off back to back games with TDs. Jennings is hurt and may not get many carries this weekend with Vereen playing well (and often).  I don't know, just doesn't instill much confidence. Do I sell McKinnon? The Minnesota offensive line is P-O-O-R and he'll be splitting reps with Asiata.

I would stay where you are with the Murray/Henry combo platter.
wrong Murray

Everybody seems to want to get rid of L Murray these days.  I'd rather have him over either of the Seattle RBs.  The Seattle O line is a mess, it's a weird timeshare, Rawls is banged up, this one is starting, now that one is starting, then they get damn near shut out by the Rams (who got torched by SF) and neither Rawls or Michael puts up any numbers.  

I understand wanting to upgrade your RB2, but Seattle isn't the place to look. I'd either try to get Hyde off him, or buy low on Gurley since he's got Bell coming back in a week and has 3 capable RBs. Give him Murray + McKinnon for Gurley since he already has Asiata...

Michael went 10 for 60 yards and 3 rec. for 26 yards. Rawls hasn't practiced all week and may not even play. So it's not like he's not productive. He's 12th in the NFL in rushing with a 5.0 yard per carry average. Just playing devil's advocated. I realize he'll be back into a timeshare once Rawls is healthy but I often play week to week and this week, he could be a top 15 RB play that I could get for relatively cheap (I would trade McKinnon or DeVante Parker).

Thomas Rawls - Doubtful for Sunday

He hasn't practiced this week and won't be ready for Sunday. With passing-down back C.J. Prosise (wrist) listed as questionable, Christine Michael will have little competition for carries in Week 3. In a dream matchup with San Francisco, he can be safely employed as an RB1/2.

wrong Murray

Everybody seems to want to get rid of L Murray these days.  I'd rather have him over either of the Seattle RBs.  The Seattle O line is a mess, it's a weird timeshare, Rawls is banged up, this one is starting, now that one is starting, then they get damn near shut out by the Rams (who got torched by SF) and neither Rawls or Michael puts up any numbers.  

I understand wanting to upgrade your RB2, but Seattle isn't the place to look. I'd either try to get Hyde off him, or buy low on Gurley since he's got Bell coming back in a week and has 3 capable RBs. Give him Murray + McKinnon for Gurley since he already has Asiata...
good post.  you even mention the reasoning behind it.  Nice work.

I would keep l. Murray.  He's good and in a much better situation than sea backs.  I think murray gets stronger as season goes on

Maybe it's different in a 10 team league than in a 12 team league, but I was getting all out of sorts out of having to choose between Duke Johnson, Shane Vereen, and Dwayne Washington as my RB2 - mainly because I loaded up on WR, IDP and a couple decent qb.  Then it dawned on me...I am loaded at other positions and taking a hit at RB2 is not that bad when I am raking in the points at other positions.  There are many people out there - due mainly to injury that drafted RB heavy and are still facing some pretty crappy RB2 choices because their RB1 or RB2 went down.  Don't starve your strength to feed your weakness.

Users who are viewing this thread