What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (7 Viewers)

Is this Dynasty?  If so, as an Akers owner I’d take that IF I had the room on my roster.  I’d definitely try to “make” room. 
I'm surprised to hear it.  Can you expand on your thinking a bit?

I would think people are low on Singletary now.  I'm hoping MVS is a bit of a sell high.  

Snell is the tough one to place.  Is there a chance he's the man in Pitt next year?

Price check on James Robinson? For those who are thinking of cashing in your found money, what are you looking for? Future 2nd rounder from the right owner? 

Price check on James Robinson? For those who are thinking of cashing in your found money, what are you looking for? Future 2nd rounder from the right owner? 
I think if you are trading a 2nd for James Robinson, you are in real dire straits and not in a win now mode.  The backfield in Jacksonville is murky, from a dynasty perspective.  I wouldn't trade a 2nd for Robinson after 1 game.  I would after a couple high snap % games, but then a James Robinson owner is going to think he's more valuable than a 2nd... amirite?

frae said:
Anyone seen a trade with Cam Newton in a SF league?  I have 4 starting qb's in a 12 team league (watson, m ryan, brees, and cam) and just exploring what Cam is worth.  Is it a 2021 1st?  Is it more than that, is it one of this years WR's like Jefferson or Reagor?  Just looking for a ballpark of what I might be able to get.  
Someone in one of my FFPC SF leagues posted that he's available for a 2021 1st after Sunday's game and he hasn't been moved yet.  I'm flush with QBs in that league but I'm surprised someone else hasn't jumped in and taken it.  Worth noting that QBs are worth slightly less in FFPC SF than typical SF leagues as the smaller roster limits make it not totally impossible to find a QB on the WW at some points during the year.

I think if you are trading a 2nd for James Robinson, you are in real dire straits and not in a win now mode.  The backfield in Jacksonville is murky, from a dynasty perspective.  I wouldn't trade a 2nd for Robinson after 1 game.  I would after a couple high snap % games, but then a James Robinson owner is going to think he's more valuable than a 2nd... amirite?
I think your last sentence kind of contradicts your first two.

Someone doesn't have to be counting on James Robinson to trade for him.  They could be thinking it's a realistic possiblity that he will get those couple high snap % games over the next few weeks and his value will increase to more than a 2nd.

He just put up 90 total yards and almost 70% of the team's stats in his first career game and has minimal competition.  Yeah he probably washes out but a lot of people thought that about Alfred Morris after his very similar rookie week 1 too.

Someone in one of my FFPC SF leagues posted that he's available for a 2021 1st after Sunday's game and he hasn't been moved yet.  I'm flush with QBs in that league but I'm surprised someone else hasn't jumped in and taken it.  Worth noting that QBs are worth slightly less in FFPC SF than typical SF leagues as the smaller roster limits make it not totally impossible to find a QB on the WW at some points during the year.
Yeah I was exploring moving him and I got an offer I liked this afternoon and took Justin Jefferson and a 2021 2nd.  I figured it was like a 2020 1st and 2021 2nd so pretty good return on a guy I took in the 16th round and would have to sit two of Deshaun Watson, Matt Ryan and Drew Brees to play this year.

KChusker said:
Wut?

Chubb is nowhere near Zeke in dynasty or redraft
Chubb was around 600 points to Zeke's 650 in the Dynasty League Football calc two months ago, which is pretty much the standard when it comes to assessing value from ADP. I'd imagine the disparity has grown much greater now the Zeke is over COVID and Chubb appears to be in a battle for touches with Hunt.

They were very close in the summer rankings at RB.

eta* Zeke's now around 830 and Chubb is at 650. It'd theoretically take someone like Will Fuller or Michael Gallup to get the deal fair according to ADP. But we know that's a lopsided deal for the side getting Zeke. I'm just telling you how the industry values Chubb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised to hear it.  Can you expand on your thinking a bit?

I would think people are low on Singletary now.  I'm hoping MVS is a bit of a sell high.  

Snell is the tough one to place.  Is there a chance he's the man in Pitt next year?
I’m sure this won’t be the consensus and I’m somewhat out on an island but I see the trade this way...

Singletary was RB#16 in my league last year.  Yes they added Moss so he’s got competition but Singletary also averaged over 5 ypc so he’s no slouch.  Akers is going to be given the opportunity to “be the man” but he also has completion with Brown and Henderson.  So both players are in a timeshare for the foreseeable future.  So I don’t see a lot of difference in value between them right now.  Now Akers could run away with the job and be a clear cut bell cow in a few games but that’s always a risk when you make a trade.  I like Snell longer term in Pitt as I don’t think Connor will be there past this year.  So I see Snell as making up the difference in value between Singletary and Akers.  MVS is purely a bench/depth guy and has no meaningful value in the trade (for me).  

What'd you get?
Sorry, I misread what was being asked. I thought the question was "Is anyone sold on these guys?" As opposed to "who has sold them?"

I actually bought DJ in one dynasty recently for Jefferson and then a 3rd for a 4th (I forget which direction).

I did pick up Snell in a couple spots and put him on my block but no nibbles yet. Gotta see what Conner does.

Dobbins or Swift and 2021 1st?
I would take Swift and the pick.  Especially if it is possible to be 8th or lower.  Dobbins has 2 other rb's to deal with just like swift.  Remember swift dropped the winning touchdown.  Shows that Stafford had confidence in him.  Swift was always the higher rated prospect since high school i think.  I say this as a dynasty owner who has a team with CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, and Swift.  If i move any of them it might be CEH.  He is already at 5 overall in ADP, can't move up much more....

I think your last sentence kind of contradicts your first two.

Someone doesn't have to be counting on James Robinson to trade for him.  They could be thinking it's a realistic possiblity that he will get those couple high snap % games over the next few weeks and his value will increase to more than a 2nd.

He just put up 90 total yards and almost 70% of the team's stats in his first career game and has minimal competition.  Yeah he probably washes out but a lot of people thought that about Alfred Morris after his very similar rookie week 1 too.
Yeah, you aren't wrong.  I guess I was just saying the market for James Robinson is going to be a difficult one, because of the future of that backfield after year 1.  Redraft - I'd be all in.  However, nobody - including the Jacksonville front office, knows what the future brings for anyone on that team.

If I am trading a 2nd (this year at 2.8 I got A. Gibson) - then I am really sold on the longevity of James Robinson as a running back for the next few years.  I just think his future is difficult to forecast and after 1 game, I am not sure he is the guy going to propel a good team into a great team but any value thread is going to pose lineup questions

M.Thomas owner. Debating on offering him s/u to Sanders owner who is weak at RB3 but deep at WR (14-teamer and he is benching AJ Brown!). I'd expect offer to be accepted pretty quickly.

Was offered a trade for Fant and told the opener it was a terrible offer, which I am sure he did not like. Am I wrong?

16 team PPR, IDP can start 1-3 TE

Dissly, Will SEA TE; Year 2022 Round 4, Year 2022 Round 5 

for

Fant, Noah DEN TE; Houston, Justin IND DE

Was offered a trade for Fant and told the opener it was a terrible offer, which I am sure he did not like. Am I wrong?

for

Yeah, that belongs in the worst trade offer thread.  Hard to believe what goes on in some people's mind in how they justify that.  

for

Fant was a 1st round rookie pick in most leagues last year and you offered up two bits for him a few days after he ####### exploded in the 1st half of his game.  If you want to get serious, it's going to take a draft pick commensurate with where he was taken in 2019 to even begin the conversation.  And his owner likely now values him significantly higher than that.

for

No, that's just awful.

M.Thomas value at this moment ? I am in very competitive 16 teams league, M.Thomas on the block, owner would like Odell and 1,2 next year, I am not doing that simply because I will not survive 6 weeks without Thomas and will kill my future. Let me think what is Thomas value now ??

M.Thomas owner. Debating on offering him s/u to Sanders owner who is weak at RB3 but deep at WR (14-teamer and he is benching AJ Brown!). I'd expect offer to be accepted pretty quickly.
If you need help at WR I see that as a good trade. E. Sanders was on injury report today / didn't practice so I might see if he is healthy before pulling the trigger though.

If you need help at WR I see that as a good trade. E. Sanders was on injury report today / didn't practice so I might see if he is healthy before pulling the trigger though.
This is a dynasty trade thread. That’s a terrible trade. Why would anyone do that?

This is a dynasty trade thread. That’s a terrible trade. Why would anyone do that?
I don't see Robinson as anything more than a stop gap RB and will be replaced.  If not this year, next year.  E Sanders should be heavily targeted in a NO now with Thomas down until approximately week 7.  It could even take Thomas some more time to heal and adjust once back to playing.  E. Sanders has been a very good WR for the past few years.

That is why someone would do that.

M.Thomas value at this moment ? I am in very competitive 16 teams league, M.Thomas on the block, owner would like Odell and 1,2 next year, I am not doing that simply because I will not survive 6 weeks without Thomas and will kill my future. Let me think what is Thomas value now ??
I would move Odell+1st/2nd for Thomas pretty easily, personally.

Time to go MT shopping I guess.

Fant was a 1st round rookie pick in most leagues last year and you offered up two bits for him a few days after he ####### exploded in the 1st half of his game.  If you want to get serious, it's going to take a draft pick commensurate with where he was taken in 2019 to even begin the conversation.  And his owner likely now values him significantly higher than that.
I have Fant

I don't see Robinson as anything more than a stop gap RB and will be replaced.  If not this year, next year.  E Sanders should be heavily targeted in a NO now with Thomas down until approximately week 7.  It could even take Thomas some more time to heal and adjust once back to playing.  E. Sanders has been a very good WR for the past few years.

That is why someone would do that.
I misread the post like others above. I thought he was giving Michael Thomas for Sanders.

Carry on.

I would move Odell+1st/2nd for Thomas pretty easily, personally.

Time to go MT shopping I guess.
While I can understand shopping MT (Brees gone next year?), and I would accept that for MT.  OBJ needs a better QB to really elevate his game.  OBJ rumors to NE or SF would make that an overpay IMO.  

Reports are coming out on how "surprised how far he progressed" in recovery and with the Monday game, there is chance he plays.  Might not miss 6 weeks after all!  

Price check on Minshew?  It’s a Superflex league so young QB with upside has value, but at the same time if the Jags have a bad season, new coaching staff, etc. does Minshew get drafted over and replaced?  Would he get traded to start somewhere else?  Basically what’s the confidence level in Minshew right now?

His owner offered me Minshew, 2021 3 (probably early), and FAAB for two late 2021 2s. It seems very reasonable at first blush but I’m wondering what I’m missing. 

Price check on Minshew?  It’s a Superflex league so young QB with upside has value, but at the same time if the Jags have a bad season, new coaching staff, etc. does Minshew get drafted over and replaced?  Would he get traded to start somewhere else?  Basically what’s the confidence level in Minshew right now?

His owner offered me Minshew, 2021 3 (probably early), and FAAB for two late 2021 2s. It seems very reasonable at first blush but I’m wondering what I’m missing. 
Seems reasonable to me. I don’t have a ton of faith in the guy, but he’s probably worth that if you need another QB.

I play mostly Superflex and 2QB leagues.  I have a few 1QB leagues this year and need a QB of the future.  Thinking about offering Akers -> Lamar Jackson.  Is this close or no?  

I play mostly Superflex and 2QB leagues.  I have a few 1QB leagues this year and need a QB of the future.  Thinking about offering Akers -> Lamar Jackson.  Is this close or no?  
As the Lamar owner in a Superflex, I wouldn’t even counter that probably. 

He’s such a cheat code. 

Seems reasonable to me. I don’t have a ton of faith in the guy, but he’s probably worth that if you need another QB.
Superflex you sort of always need QBs. I have Lamar and Watson, so Minshew is depth, but 24 and seems solid. 

I would definitely do that. Sure there is a chance he gets replaced but he had a phenomenal rookie year and has tons of upside. He is way underpriced. 

I own Minshew in a superflex league.  I think Minshew should be worth more than 2 late 2021 2s.  For you I would take that deal.  He could get replaced, but I think the league has seen enough for someone to take a chance on him as their QB.

As the Lamar owner in a Superflex, I wouldn’t even counter that probably. 

He’s such a cheat code. 
I think he’s saying he mostly plays 2QB and SF so he’s checking Lamar’s price in 1QB, where he is looking to buy him.

And yes, Lamar>>Akers

I hate when managers fall in love with their players. 

Team in my dynasty league that had Luck, Guice and a slew of other players who got hurt put Elliott on the block, saying he wanted to “rebuild for 2022”. Dude has no established WRs, just a couple young dudes and a lot of scraps. 

went back and forth for days. He kept asking for more, I kept coming back to the table.

Finally put up the most I was willing to pay - Boyd (who he’s high on), Singletary, a choice of either Mike Evans or ARob, and a 2022 1st and 2nd for Zeke & Paris Campbell. 

he asks me to put it up. I did. In the 11th hour he decides he’d rather hang onto Elliott. Again; he has like Larry Fitz, Campbell, Perriman & a couple scrubs at WR. 

I haz disappoint. :(   I’m not convinced he was serious about dealing Elliott. 

I’d pay that for Minshew in superflex. 

Users who are viewing this thread