What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Would You React to This Statement By Your Father In Law? (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
This was not my FIL but a friend's:  

"In an emergency situation, I'd save my wife before my grandchildren."

I wouldn't react at all.  

I will say this:  if I had a chance to save my grandchildren or my wife and chose my wife she would never forgive me.

"moose steaks were great dad". Then go and mow his lawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was not my FIL but a friend's:  

"In an emergency situation, I'd save my wife before my grandchildren."
I'm curious what your response is.  I don't think I would have one.

I'd save my wife before my grandchildren as well.  Not that I wouldn't want to save the kids, but in my world, my wife will always come first. 

(yeah go ahead and have fun with that phrasing.....but seriously, she's more important to me than anything or anyone else.)

I'd turn around to say hi to my MIL, since I'd assume she was standing somewhere behind me.

"OH MY GOD!  IT'S A ZOMBIE! EVERYBODY RUN!"

My father-in-law- died when my wife was an infant.

I can see his point to a point.  He made a (presumably) life commitment to this woman, I'm sure he loves her and all that crap.  That being said, if the #### ever hit the fan and he made the decision....I'd imagine his wife would hate him forever. 

Assuming he's really old, he probably needs to keep someone around to cook, clean and do his laundry. He probably doesn't know how to do any of that and he probably thinks his grandkids won't. You need to get him a shirt that says "Grandpa looks out for one guy - Grandpa! Got it?"

"And that's why my wife and I have already decided we're definitely pulling the plug"

I'll fight to save my wife's life because I love her. I'll fight to save my (grand)kid's life because it's instinct.

Personally, I think instinct kicks in before love does. Never been put to the test though.

A useless question that mostly serves to help one person feel superior to another.

I could see that.   His wife might be all he has left in terms of human companionship.  In terms of my reaction, I'd do what I do with most people I talk to and that's agree.  In this case, what I'm probably thinking is that I don't want this old ******* making any attempt to save my kids.  He'll probably just wind up making the situation worse.  

To react at all would not help anybody or anything.  You (presumably) asked a question and he answered it.  He prefers his wife to his grandkids.  I don't think that's all that unusual.  Not to mention that the answer doesn't matter anyway.  Nobodys life is currently at risk.  Nobody knows how they'd perform in a life or death situation until something actually occurs - and when it does, it probably wont involve a man on a boat in the middle of the open ocean with a gun held to your FIL's head asking him who he wants to save.  I think most people would try to save everyone in their family if given the chance. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread