What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Price check on Jordy Nelson. (1 Viewer)

Ben & Jerry's

Footballguy
Have a chance to acquire Jordy for a 2017 1st, (1.13-1.16 range) in a 16 team IDP ppr dynasty league.

I believe last night was an anomaly but am concerned about the competition for targets as well as the lack of a running game.

Having said that, Nelson still has WR1 upside any given week and a late 1st doesn't seem unreasonable.

Or does it ?

It's probably not unreasonable, however, I think it's on the high side.  Devonte Adams actually has looked good over the last few games and dominated last night.  I don't know if the Packers saw something and went after the weakness but Jordy didn't look like his usual self.  I would expect more WR2 than WR1 for Jordy moving forward.

Before last night that was a fair price, after last night I would try to drive a harder bargain, especially since neither Jordy or Rodgers has looked themselves so far this season.  You're taking a gamble in picking up Jordy - a reasonable gamble yes, but the risk appears worse today than it did earlier this week.  Especially if the current owner is crying in his beer and wants out.

if it was shorter league I'd say yes, but with 16 players...hm I personal wouldn't take this gamble. I could be 100 percent wrong, but at least this year the packers offence hasn't been getting to Nelson as much as I want, but hey you have to spread the ball to others right? I almost feel like he has become a matchup depended player with boom or bust. ( I have him on two of my three rosters... sigh)

if it was shorter league I'd say yes, but with 16 players...hm I personal wouldn't take this gamble. I could be 100 percent wrong, but at least this year the packers offence hasn't been getting to Nelson as much as I want, but hey you have to spread the ball to others right? I almost feel like he has become a matchup depended player with boom or bust. ( I have him on two of my three rosters... sigh)
I feel the exact opposite. If it were a smaller league I'd be on the fence, but in a 16 teamer, I think this is a very good deal. Its a good time to buy low on Nelson I think. I'd value him around 1.8 or so. His 2014 isn't gonna happen obviously, but I see no reason why he can't still be a valuable every week starter.

Users who are viewing this thread