What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who on your team are you nervous about heading down the stretch?? (1 Viewer)

packer_junkie

Footballguy
On my best team-- Im nervous about TY Hilton-- had some opportunities to sell him high & didnt-- hoping for WR1 production from him as my WR2 but know Im just as likely to get a WR3-4 clunker from him when it really matters. 

Bortles and Allen Robinson.

Bortles may suck as an NFL QB but he is a reliable super-flex/borderline #1 QB in most fantasy leagues (QB 12 in mine).  Robinson has been a huge disappointment but is one of the very few WRs who gets double digit targets every week and he has had two very good games in a row and a semi-decent one the week before (he is WR#10, averaging 13.3 targets, over the last 3 weeks in my league ).  But week 13 vs Denver, week 14 vs Minnesota and week 15 @ Houston is a pretty brutal stretch run for a fantasy passing game.

Jordan Matthews - he's one of those guys who I feel I'm holding onto for name value, but isn't ever going to deliver the WR1-level weekly upside that you need come playoff time. The Eagles offense is just firmly refusing to gel and their schedule down the stretch is brutal.

Michael Thomas - have to wonder whether last week's nightmare performance is going to get into his head and/or whether he's gonna hit the rookie wall. I just moved him for Jeremy Hill in one league as downside protection and am crossing my fingers elsewhere.

All Cardinals WRs not named Fitz - one of these guys is going to blow up and be a top-20 WR ROS, while the other two are going to be WW material. And I have no ####### clue which one it's going to be.

LeGarrette Blount - because Belichick.

Forte.

Except for a 3 game stretch earlier, he has been very good this year.  But with Petty now at QB, expect defenses to stack the box and dare Petty to beat them downfield.  I can easily see a 18-55 game during the playoffs.

Forte.

Except for a 3 game stretch earlier, he has been very good this year.  But with Petty now at QB, expect defenses to stack the box and dare Petty to beat them downfield.  I can easily see a 18-55 game during the playoffs.
Forte scares me if I'm facing him with that schedule.. He could easily be a top 3 rb during FF playoffs if given the workload and I own him nowhere :/

Forte.

Has it been confirmed Petty will.start after bye?

I don't think so. The latest blurbs were about evaluating options, looking at all aspects... typical coach-speak.

I think they're looking for a coin to flip.
I would be surprised if they start Petty.. Yes Fitz has been horrible but at least the offense can score a TD and move the ball with fitz. 

Aaron Rodgers-He's currently QB1 in my league, but his remaining schedule isn't easy.  Can't sit him, but hope he can continue to beat the odds & put up good FF stats (even if the Packers continue to lose)

Michael Thomas-with him & Tyrell Williams, I've been able to have a very solid WR2BC, but if Thomas' last game wasn't a fluke, that becomes more sketchy.

All my studs-It seems like each year, I've had an injury to a key player down the stretch run; I've been lucky (knock on wood) for the most part, so far.  I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I would be surprised if they start Petty.. Yes Fitz has been horrible but at least the offense can score a TD and move the ball with fitz. 
They're 3-7, at some point the team needs to be evaluating the players they spent high draft picks on to see if they're worth keeping around.

Petty throws a nice deep ball.  He connected with Robbie Anderson deep against the Rams and almost did again for a td later in the game. That first game against the Rams was not easy especially with a banged up Oline (new LT, no Mangold) going against a tough d-line.  The game plan was short quick passes.  He's not afraid to go downfield. He connected deep with Anderson all throughout the preseason.

Lamar Miller, Spencer Ware and Jordan Reed.  Those 3 have to get back to their former selves.  I picked Sammy back up after drafting him.  Doesn't make me nervous because I'm not expecting much.  Brees and Antonio are good anchors.  But need the above 3 along with Crabtree to deliver.  Oh, and would be nice for the Vikings/Eagle's D's to get back on track.  3 game losing streak and in danger of missing playoffs for first time in years.

Lamar Miller, Spencer Ware and Deandre Hopkins.

Ware needs to start getting in the endzone. He's only had 3 TD's all year despite putting up solid yardage. Miller and Hopkins are held back because of their awful QB, so there's not much to do there other than hope Osweiler can become competent in the 2nd half of the season. On the plus side, they have a great schedule the ROS.

Blake Bortles weeks 13-15. 

Only other option is Eli Manning who's schedule is easier but it is Eli..

Michael Thomas-with him & Tyrell Williams, I've been able to have a very solid WR2BC, but if Thomas' last game wasn't a fluke, that becomes more sketchy.
It was game 10 when he had the turnovers for the first time. It isn't like he has lost the ball every other game or something.

My whole WR crew. 

Edelman--will he lose more & more targets to Lewis once he gets going

Landry--just doesn't get the targets he got last year

Davante Adams--waiting for him to come back to earth and realize he's really not that good. 

Greg Olsen- first 6 weeks were amazing and his floor is usually really good but his targets seem to be slowing down even though no one else is really standing out that much, now it seems like he needs a TD to put up a higher score and he usually doesn't catch that many tds

Cam Newton - welcome to the bench (for Mariota) .  He didn't do well against the saints and only had a few good games this year. The loss of Kalil has been huge.

Mariota - he's done well lately but the Titans aren't exactly a team which instills confidence.

McCoy - can he stay on the field? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bortles and Allen Robinson.

Bortles may suck as an NFL QB but he is a reliable super-flex/borderline #1 QB in most fantasy leagues (QB 12 in mine).  Robinson has been a huge disappointment but is one of the very few WRs who gets double digit targets every week and he has had two very good games in a row and a semi-decent one the week before (he is WR#10, averaging 13.3 targets, over the last 3 weeks in my league ).  But week 13 vs Denver, week 14 vs Minnesota and week 15 @ Houston is a pretty brutal stretch run for a fantasy passing game.

It is a bad schedule, but I have some hope. He has a massive 95 targets to date, averaging more than 10 targets a game.  That includes 40 in his last 3 games which were vs. TEN, KC and MIN. None of those are considered "easy" matchups. Its weird when you look at his week-by-week numbers. He has had some of his better games against tough matchups, and a couple of his worst games have been at times where it  seemed like he would have a field day in apparent dream fantasy matchups. (SD, CHI,OAK)

Is this the beacon of hope us owners are looking for?? I can't say that, but he is definitely getting targets, and his numbers are seemingly coming back up near what they should have been all year long.

The running game has been stale, and thats putting it politely. Julius Thomas has not been helpful, and the coach is talking up Ben Koyack in press conferences which is kind of bizarre.

I am not happy with his numbers so far as I snagged him in one league near the end of the first round, and I traded for him in another league after week 1. My two biggest money leagues to be frank. (I have him in our "start 3WR leagues")

Point is, his 1-2 big lightning bolt games may yet still come. The targets are certainly there. Its not like he doesn't have the talent. I remember a couple of plays in games early this season, where there were some fluky batted passes, tipped balls, and of course a few of your garden variety miscellaneous drops. If he had snagged say ONLY 3-4 of those balls at the right times, we may not be saying "man what a bust this guy has been"

What the Jags and the coaches need to do is let Bortles "do his thing" and chuck it. They keep tinkering with his mechanics and throwing motion, and I think its likely gotten into Bortles head. That is not a help, the season is essentially gone, and they just need to let Bortles do what he can do, and not make the situation any worse, with his throwing and confidence to boot.

Yeah I am concerned, as I need Robinson to come alive... but its certainly not like he won't be a target hog.   The upside is still there, so I guess we just have to hold on and see what happens.  Let's not forget, he is easily a top 10 NFL WR  talent. He may well  surprise us down the stretch. 

TZM

Ware

Dion Lewis

Ken Dicon

Perkins

Rawls

Would one or two of you fools please step up and seize my backfield and become a trusted weekly play---- signed 5-1 now 5-5.

Greg Olsen. Not sure if age is catching up but he's been slowing down a bit these last few weeks. He had a sure touchdown last night if he just put his foot in the ground and went for the end zone. Instead, he went to the sideline and was out bounds at the 1 or 2. This could also be a byproduct if Cam Newton being down this year. Last night was about as good of a match up as he'll have all year and only mustered 30 yards. He's been a workhorse for me in my dynasty league the last 2 years and started off the year on fire. Not sure what's up.

Greg Olsen. Not sure if age is catching up but he's been slowing down a bit these last few weeks. He had a sure touchdown last night if he just put his foot in the ground and went for the end zone. Instead, he went to the sideline and was out bounds at the 1 or 2. This could also be a byproduct if Cam Newton being down this year. Last night was about as good of a match up as he'll have all year and only mustered 30 yards. He's been a workhorse for me in my dynasty league the last 2 years and started off the year on fire. Not sure what's up.
ITs not Olsen. Its Cam. He blows

Spent way too much in the draft for Cam in my superflex league. He's killing me.

Mark Ingram as well. Sean Payton is killing all of his owners...

R. Cobb  or its Parker, DGB  (I got Benjamin too, but hes on a bye..)

Id be okay starting either Cobb or Benjamin(bye), but theyre both jacked up..

Honestly, I cant explain holding onto DGB, and tempted to roll the dice on Parker performing..  Everything else is pretty Solid, not counting Kuechly goin down..  I can plug Deion Jones in there  (not terrible, just not the Best)

Matt Ryan. This year just seems too good to be true. Last week is the type of game I've come to expect from him now having owned him a few years. 

Matt Ryan has a new center this year which seems to have helped out.  He definitely won't keep up his pace next year though.

Randall Cobb may be droppable.

Basically everyone on Detroit except for Tate since I own no shares of him

Brandon Cooks - guy is boom or bust and NO has a ton of mouths to feed

Delanie Walker - tough playoff schedule

Dion Lewis/James White - I need one to be useful or else I am potentially starting Rashad Jennings as my RB2. Ugh.

Matt Ryan. This year just seems too good to be true. Last week is the type of game I've come to expect from him now having owned him a few years. 

Matt Ryan is one of the guys that won't shock me if he drops completely off.

True he has had a bunch of good games this year (for varying reasons) but I have been an owner on and off since his rookie year. Going into last year I said I would never own him again, and this year is the year the light seems to have come on. I think its a bunch of reasons though, and it certainly can't all be on him.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he goes on cruising, and then he lets owners down in a massive way. I'm looking at week 16 vs. CAR as the potential killer, though weeks 12 and 13 certainly aren't matchups conducive to fantasy explosions.

Considering his schedule the rest of the way has several tough or "iffy" games, we may well see this thread blow up with Matt Ryan owners.

I don't own the guy, and haven't for 2-3 years now...but he is one I would be pretty uneasy about.

In other news- I am splitting a team with a guy. Something I don't normally do, but its fun and has its own breed of challenges, since most tough decisions you have to run by the other party.

We are right in the playoff hunt, currently in second. But the issue is one AARON RODGERS.  The other owner was adamant he wanted him, so I targeted him in the draft, but his weeks 14 and 16 schedule is tough.

We may well have a bye in week 14 (Seattle), but I snagged Winston off the wire early season. I am already trying to figure out how I want to get Winston in the lineup in week 16, (Saints) if we make it that far.

The problem is Rodgers seems to have done very well, and the running game or lack thereof has seemed to help him, even though the WR corps has been gimpy.

I'm surprised there have only been 1 or 2 mentions of Aaron Rodgers in this thread.

Didn't he completely screw a bunch of fantasy owners in the playoffs last year?   It may well have been the prior season. I think it was a Buffalo matchup, but I can't say for sure. I am not sure since I never spend the early draft capital to get the big name QBs. (the only reason this year was to snag him for the owner I am splitting a team with)

TZM

Winston - His playoff schedule looked juicy in preseason and in the first month of the season, but NO D is coming on strong and does a great job of getting to the QB.  

My entire RB corps, which consists of:

Booker/Bibbs

Deion Lewis

Thomas Rawls

Kenny Dixon

Whole lotta potential but not much to show - so far.  This is the downside of a zero RB strategy on draft day.

I have pieced together my dynasty lineup this season to stay competitive, but definitely looking forward to potential contributions in the playoffs from:

Dion Lewis

Sammy Watkins

Alshon Jeffery

The combo of Mark Ingram and Tim Hightower makes me nervous. 

Ditto with Crowell and Johnson  it is hard to put much trust in any Cleveland player  

I also have little faith that Carlos Hyde will be a significant factor for me. 

This is the time of year you hope your depth plan works out, but injuries can quickly derail your team's chances for a deep playoff run. I have learned that luck and timing often trump skill and planning.

I have pieced together my dynasty lineup this season to stay competitive, but definitely looking forward to potential contributions in the playoffs from:

Dion Lewis

Sammy Watkins

Alshon Jeffery

The combo of Mark Ingram and Tim Hightower makes me nervous. 

Ditto with Crowell and Johnson  it is hard to put much trust in any Cleveland player  

I also have little faith that Carlos Hyde will be a significant factor for me. 

This is the time of year you hope your depth plan works out, but injuries can quickly derail your team's chances for a deep playoff run. I have learned that luck and timing often trump skill and planning.
Why do you feel that about Hyde?  He was offered to me in a trade that I am considering. 

Watching Cam Newton move so damn slow the entire game on Thursday. 

Might as well have been Philip Rivers.... okay, okay it wasn't that bad, but still.

Stafford- having a real life mvp season but he's been average lately and they have a tough schedule down the stretch.

I think Rodgers will be fine. That defense sucks, so he'll be chucking it a lot, and I don't think he'll throw to many Interceptions.

He's put up an average of 31 in his last four games in our league, 1 pt for 20yrds, -2 for picks.

Hyde has only 4 double digit games in ppr this yr, and his schedule looks rough to me
Got it, I was looking at him just for the playoffs because I already locked up a spot. Week 15 is a great matchup against Atlanta and week 16 is an average matchup against LA. Prior to the playoffs he does have two tough weeks. 

Users who are viewing this thread