What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Alt-Right Movement: a pole (1 Viewer)

What percentage of white folks do you believe at least somewhat support the Alt-Right movement, whet

• >90%

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • >75%

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • >50%

Votes: 47 19.3%
  • >25%

Votes: 85 35.0%
  • <25%

Votes: 83 34.2%

• Total voters

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
If you are not white and support the Alt-Right movement, I'd love to hear your thought process.  :hailtrump:

Insofar as the alt-right is simply acting as a foil for the regressive left and other anti-free-speech movements, they have my support. But the movement seems to have been hijacked by much less sympathetic forces.

Insofar as the alt-right is simply acting as a foil for the regressive left and other anti-free-speech movements, they have my support. But the movement seems to have been hijacked by much less sympathetic forces.
Do they have a Canadian equivalent?  I have been seeing some fallout from this type of stuff up there as well, just curious. 

It's only stolen if you no longer have it. Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

Is it even a real movement with a leader and established beliefs?  I don't pay too close of attention but I thought it was a made up label.

Is it even a real movement with a leader and established beliefs?  I don't pay too close of attention but I thought it was a made up label.
Well their spiritual leader is now a top advisor in the Trump White House and their real leader is getting a bunch of face time.  So it seems to have some steam...but so does a winter turd.  :oldunsure:

No. it's an online, sad angry circle jerk. To think that they had/have any impact (other than providing fodder for the media) is laughable. 

No. it's an online, sad angry circle jerk. To think that they had/have any impact (other than providing fodder for the media) is laughable. 
I'd argue that this is part of the problem - labeling a bunch of people something they haven't espoused to and doesn't have a good definition anyway.  I'd argue this but I'd be afraid of being labeled a sympathizer of a made up group. :oldunsure:  

I guess my point is there's no good answer to this poll without more information.

This right here. I don't agree with the tactics of a Milo. However, there is no way a college campus should be banning him from giving a talk, especially since there are those on campus very interested in what he has to say. In addition, guys like Ben Shapiro are getting protested, banned, and having fire alarms pulled in the middle of their talks? Trying to censor these ideas is the exact opposite of what free speech is all about. And if these attempts at censorship continue, actual discourse is not going to get better.

In addition, this Facebook discussion about banning "Fake News" is the slipperiest of slopes. They've already admitted they have censored right leaning commentary on their platform. I don't believe they'll be able to effectively distinguish between "fake news" and views from the right they don't agree with. Again, trying to censor people's views isn't going to help anyone's cause.

In addition, this Facebook discussion about banning "Fake News" is the slipperiest of slopes. They've already admitted they have censored right leaning commentary on their platform. I don't believe they'll be able to effectively distinguish between "fake news" and views from the right they don't agree with. Again, trying to censor people's views isn't going to help anyone's cause.
Do you think there's a problem that needs solving?

It's a neo-nazi movement created by a notorious white supremacist (coined the term himself) who supports ethnic cleansing, who wants to kick out and repress brown people and Jews, thereby returning the US to its rightful white european owners. Pretty clear goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
A better pole question might be whether anyone who voted for Trump had even heard of this so-called movement before Hillary brought it up in that debate.

(My answer:  nope)

@Smoo,  not having a "don't know enough about it"  option makes this pole flawed,  don't you think?  Not to mention the lack of "yes/no"  and "smoo"  options.

It's a neo-nazi movement created by a notorious white supremacist (coined the term himself) who supports ethnic cleansing, who wants to kick out and repress brown people and Jews, thereby returning the US to its rightful white european owners. Pretty clear goals.
Who is that?

Thanks for helping prove my point - I know Smoo is a spelling/grammar Nazi but he's not a real Nazi

A better pole question might be whether anyone who voted for Trump had even heard of this so-called movement before Hillary brought it up in that debate.

(My answer:  nope)
Of course. The whole alt-right movement voted for him, and if anyone had heard of the alt-right, it was themselves.

"anti-free speech movements"?  

You mean something other than moderators rejecting what someone posts on the internet?  Do you mean that there is a movement out there of people that support the government quashing free speech?  Because I haven't heard of that from the "left." 

"anti-free speech movements"?  

You mean something other than moderators rejecting what someone posts on the internet?  Do you mean that there is a movement out there of people that support the government quashing free speech?  Because I haven't heard of that from the "left." 
The university "safe space" movement comes to mind.

Of course. The whole alt-right movement for him, and if anyone had heard of the alt-right, it was themselves.
Starting with Trump's Mexican rapists claim people had about a year and a half to connect the dots. I believe nazi support started to boom about a week after the rapists comment. No one can claim ignorance.

You guys are being played. Richard Spencer is not the leader of the alt right. There is no leader of the alt right. The alt right isn't about Nazi Larping, which is what you would believe if you think Spencer is the leader of the alt right. Many different people (including minorities) consider themselves part of the alt right for different reasons. An entire movement isn't defined by a few mentally ill larpers within it.

Do you think there's a problem that needs solving?
Nope. I think this is a lot of talk about nothing really. Your average American is Internet savvy enough to know a solid source from a fake one. The idea that Facebook fake news links somehow swayed the election is hard for me to believe. My bigger concern here is platforms like Twitter and Facebook shutting down any ideas that don't conform to their views. Or worse yet, they cave to pressure from people that don't agree with the ideas of others.

Nope. I think this is a lot of talk about nothing really. Your average American is Internet savvy enough to know a solid source from a fake one. The idea that Facebook fake news links somehow swayed the election is hard for me to believe. My bigger concern here is platforms like Twitter and Facebook shutting down any ideas that don't conform to their views. Or worse yet, they cave to pressure from people that don't agree with the ideas of others.
  Thats B.S. I read tons of articles I am not sure about. I have to go searching around myself to try and find some confirmation that it's real or not.  Many times I can't.  

Our media has turned into an embarrassment. They need to start doing their jobs instead of being hype machines. If the "liberal" media gave Bernie half the coverage Trump got things probably would have gone a little different.  

Many average "Savvey" Americans voted for Trump.  We obviously need protecting from ourselves.  It's going to be a hard four years for many of those people now.  I am curious to see if they keep backing him as he takes wages and benefits away from them and their families.

You'd be stunned by what I see my parent's generation post on Facebook. These aren't 'haha look at this' likes / shares / comments about 'news' stories. They are full fledged buying into it, hook, line and sinker. And it's from both sides of the aisle as well as blue collar and white collar. Hell! One of them was one of my junior high teachers.

its downright scary.

Users who are viewing this thread