What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Car Trade-In - (1 Viewer)

cubd8

Footballguy
Here's a scenario:

Car Value: ~Approximately 23,000

Current Balance on Car: 22,500

Car payment: $399.00 a month for 72 months (1.9% APR)

If I were to trade my 2016 car in for a 2017 for a car that is $30,000, for 1.9% APR on a 6 year deal, how would my new payments look?

The car value approximates the amount owed on the car?  Unless you put a ton down, seems a bit optimistic to me. 
I bought the 2016 Hyundai Tuscon for about 27.5K. I have paid it own to about 22.5K since I bought it.

It's in excellent condition, was just doing the Kelly Blue Book and it's listed for about the same price as I what I owe.

I'd like to understand, and I doubt I'd actually do this if my payments were crazy, what I would owe monthly if I did the trade it in for a new 2017 Tuscon, say 30K.

2016 Tuscon for a 2017 version....Probably wouldn't do this, but was curious how those payments would look if I did.
Payment would likely rise 50-60 bucks a month, depending on taxes, cancelable products in the note, rebates, and such. 

Have you considered leasing if you like newer cars?  

if your car is worth 23,000, it is only worth ~2/3 of that in trade in value
wife wrecked her car a handful of years ago.  thing was on its absolute last legs. KBB said in mint condition it was worth somewhere around 5k. in her condition, private sale we were hoping for 3000 if we found the girl who really loved that particular kind of car.

insurance gave her 8k

go figure :shrug:

Not sure why someone would trade in their 2016 Tuscon for a 2017 Tuscon.  Seems like a good way to waste money on car depreciation two years in a row. 

Ghost ride the 2016 Tucson down a steep grade, collect the insurance money and buy a 2017 Tucson. 

wife wrecked her car a handful of years ago.  thing was on its absolute last legs. KBB said in mint condition it was worth somewhere around 5k. in her condition, private sale we were hoping for 3000 if we found the girl who really loved that particular kind of car.

insurance gave her 8k

go figure :shrug:
Insurance is much different than trading in to a dealer.

If only there was a way to find out what the payment would be on a $400k mortgage over 15 years at 4.25%.  I'm really bad at maths and surprisingly google yields zero results. 

Users who are viewing this thread