What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (2 Viewers)

Honestly the only thing I can think of that doesn't allow Haskins to be the front runner for the Heisman is OSU hate.  He means more to this team than any other QB and has the better stats.  It's ridiculous. 

Urban is trying WAY TOO HARD to establish the run in this game.

40 carries for 99 yards.

36 passing attempts for 443 yards.... only 6 incomplete. 

Just keep passing it please. 

Honestly the only thing I can think of that doesn't allow Haskins to be the front runner for the Heisman is OSU hate.  He means more to this team than any other QB and has the better stats.  It's ridiculous. 
No, this is incorrect. Murray has more total yards, a better QBR (NCAA record to boot) and the same amount of total TDs (51). 

Haskins is awesome and deserves serious consideration.  But your post, not some made up conspiracy, is what’s ridiculous. 

No, this is incorrect. Murray has more total yards, a better QBR (NCAA record to boot) and the same amount of total TDs (51). 

Haskins is awesome and deserves serious consideration.  But your post, not some made up conspiracy, is what’s ridiculous. 
I agree with you.... but it shouldn't be ignored that Murray did that playing 10 games against defenses ranked 75th or worse. 

Politician Spock said:
I agree with you.... but it shouldn't be ignored that Murray did that playing 10 games against defenses ranked 75th or worse. 
Sure but that’s a chicken or the egg argument. If Maryland, Rutgers, Minnesota, and Northwestern were in the Big 12, they’d be out of top 75. 

Haskins is deserving of Heisman but mad cow is wrong about the numbers. 

Zach Harrison is going to enroll early, so we are just over 2 weeks from signing day.  There is renewed optimism that the Bucks are surging and back on top in his recruitment, given a few factors.  Here is hoping.  He still gets his final in-home visit with OSU very soon, probably this week.

Mad Cow said:
You really think that Haskins deserves the Heisman more than Murray?

Thanks for the wins,  the championship and the memories,  Urban!  Players seem to love Day, and he looks like he'll do great.  I echo about Larry.  Should hear soon.

I figured this was coming.  Very sad to see him go but happier than hell he's leaving on his own terms. Over a 7 year period :

89-7 record!

UNDEFEATED vs TTUN (7-0)!

First CFP National Championship winners WITH a 3rd string QB!

57-5 B1G record over 7 years!

It has been a fun ride (except for this summer).  tOSU is going to be a tough place to coach ("what, you lost 3 games in a year?  JFC, WTF is going on!  We need a new coach.")  Also, if Day is not successful, I wouldn't be surprised to see Urban back in 3-5 years a tOSU if he gets his health issues under control.  

I just hope that the wheels don't fall off like they did with TTUN when Carr retired.  It took them a heck of a long time to come back to the level of respectable. 

You'll see him again in about 3 years when you play Notre Dame in the playoffs. Just like when he weaseled his way out of Florida he has the next job lined up after a year off.

It has been a fun ride (except for this summer).  tOSU is going to be a tough place to coach ("what, you lost 3 games in a year?  JFC, WTF is going on!  We need a new coach.")  Also, if Day is not successful, I wouldn't be surprised to see Urban back in 3-5 years a tOSU if he gets his health issues under control.  

I just hope that the wheels don't fall off like they did with TTUN when Carr retired.  It took them a heck of a long time to come back to the level of respectable. 
One thing I did notice is that Meyer only rubbed his head when things were going bad for OSU.

Meyer is pissed off at OSU and will resurface in a year or two..maybe at Baylor.

11W reporting many recruits are still "committed" to tOSU for 2019 and 2020.  I have to think that Day and Urban were candid with them and knew about the transition well in advance, and were willing to be up front with them.  Seems like a lot of praise from the offensive recruits for Day, and even a little for Grinch as DC.  Retaining the coaching staff with this transition will be key - especially LJ.  They need to keep LJ and Hartline, IMO.  Two very important coaches who do great things with their squads.  I wouldn't mind seeing Davis go, if only b/c this is the worst I've seen a LB corp look in years - especially with the presumed talent they have in Borland and Harrison.  Wonder if they can get Ash or Coombs back to help the secondary?

I think they keep LJ and Hartline for this year...especially Hartline (he will be here for many years IMO).  Schiano needs to go.  Bring in Laurinaitis or Carpenter to coach up the LBs. 

One thing I did notice is that Meyer only rubbed his head when things were going bad for OSU.

Meyer is pissed off at OSU and will resurface in a year or two..maybe at Baylor.
Totally not true I was at the Northwestern game and he took a knee during a TV timeout  and was clutching his head.

But he left for his "health" then in a miracle was able to take another high pressure job at tOSU after a year off. I'm not a fan of either school but always seemed like he found a way out of his contract to me.
I'm not sure how the word "miracle" fits here.  Has nobody ever taken time away from their craft to get their health in order then resumed their craft?  You don't have to be a fan of either school to dislike the "weasel" Meyer.  In fact, sounds like a position a rival fan would take, but that's just a hunch.

There is the outside possibility the foundation for this originated during this summer's investigation.  But if that was the case, I'm not sure why Urban would have also agreed to a 3 game suspension, except to do what's best for his team (not cause a huge ripple at the start of the season).  I really think he's ailing and don't think he's putting on a show on the sidelines.  If he gets his condition under control and wants to coach again, good for him.  Bitter Gator fans don't have to appreciate him, but we will.  His roots are here...always have been...and he's made that abundantly clear.

I'll just say what's on my mind here which is that I really don't care if Urban takes another head coaching job in 5 years, 1 year, 1 month or 1 day.  He did his job here, he far exceeded my wildest expectations, he did absolutely NOTHING wrong and I feel the suspension is probably the majority of the reason he retired.  If I'm wrong I hope he gets healed up but, ultimately, I wish the man nothing but the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
#BOOM - Ryan Day gets his first commit in LB Tommy Eichenberg.  This kid looks fantastic and could develop into DE with his build.

Also, CLASSIC Mama Perry!  LOL

Interesting that Urban will be keeping a football office at OSU. . .

#BOOM - Ryan Day gets his first commit in LB Tommy Eichenberg.  This kid looks fantastic and could develop into DE with his build.

I'm pretty sure I had read somewhere that even after Woody Hayes was fired from his coaching position, he still had an office (maybe in the ROTC building?) and he continued to teach (history?) on campus.  I think a lot of both him and the university for that and I hope Urban maintains a position with the University for years to come.  Maybe he'll take over as AD someday?

Mad Cow said:

That picture is a classic!   :lmao:

I read that all previous coaches at tOSU have an office (Hayes, Bruce, Cooper, Tressel, and now Meyer).  

That picture is a classic!   :lmao:

I read that all previous coaches at tOSU have an office (Hayes, Bruce, Cooper, Tressel, and now Meyer).  
Mama Perry was legendary for being a surrogate mom for out of state players.  She hosted them all of the time on weekends for meals, and especially for Thanksgiving.  I can just imagine her saying that he was lucky I didn't have all 4. :lmao:

Word is Michigan has dropped big time for Harrison and OSU is way back on top.  Jordan Battle looking really solid as well, especially with Michigan losing Daxton Hill.  :lol:   Signing day is 9 days away. . . :excited:

There had been some speculation that C Harry Miller might flip to Stanford, but he is staying firm and WILL enroll early.  Great news there.  Ryan Day seems to be rolling.  I am super excited to see what he can do in the coming years.

Big day tomorrow.  There are a lot of in the know people changing their crystal ball for Zach to the Buckeyes.  That should make for a great day with the rest.  Interesting to see if we get any surprises as well.  Battle is basically gone, but you have to shake your head at what Saban must tell these kids to get 3 CB's and 2 safeties to come in one class.  This has Justin Fields written all over it in 2 years.

Speaking of which, wow.  Supposedly, OSU is his preferred destination, but I am not convinced it would be in our best interest.  Martell has all the talent in the world and I would hate to crap on his chance after he has waited and learned.  We shall see I guess.

Big day tomorrow.  There are a lot of in the know people changing their crystal ball for Zach to the Buckeyes.  That should make for a great day with the rest.  Interesting to see if we get any surprises as well.  Battle is basically gone, but you have to shake your head at what Saban must tell these kids to get 3 CB's and 2 safeties to come in one class.  This has Justin Fields written all over it in 2 years.

Speaking of which, wow.  Supposedly, OSU is his preferred destination, but I am not convinced it would be in our best interest.  Martell has all the talent in the world and I would hate to crap on his chance after he has waited and learned.  We shall see I guess.
I've read that he'll request a waiver b/c of the racist incident by the UGA baseball player, and it would likely be granted. Might end up as an open competition in camp. the interesting thing is we'd have (presumably) 2 dual threat QB's, so none of that nonsense from last year where everyone and their mom knew that if Martell was in the game that it would be a run play. But then again, I'm guessing Martell would transfer out, leaving Baldwin as the backup- assuming Fields wins the job, which isn't guaranteed,

I've read that he'll request a waiver b/c of the racist incident by the UGA baseball player, and it would likely be granted. Might end up as an open competition in camp. the interesting thing is we'd have (presumably) 2 dual threat QB's, so none of that nonsense from last year where everyone and their mom knew that if Martell was in the game that it would be a run play. But then again, I'm guessing Martell would transfer out, leaving Baldwin as the backup- assuming Fields wins the job, which isn't guaranteed,
Dwan Mathis flips to Georgia, making me think more and more Fields is a possibility.

Dwan Mathis flips to Georgia, making me think more and more Fields is a possibility.
That makes sense to me as well.  But does that mean Tate now transfers out?  I haven't seen much of him, but Tate is at least well-versed in Day's offense.  If Tate does leave, will Fields pick it up quickly over Winter/Spring?  Or perhaps Tate stays simply because he would have to sit out a year before he could play elsewhere?  But from what I've ready, Fields is a better athlete than Tate, so would likely beat him out during open competitions.

Users who are viewing this thread