What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Manti Te'o's girlfriend who died... (2 Viewers)

'B-Deep said:
'gump said:
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9100200Te'o runs an unofficial 4.71 and 4.75 from Mcshay...or 4.69 from ND. That's still slower than the other LB drafted in the first round in the last 3 years.
to be fair, he was carrying his imaginary pet monkey on his back which slowed him down
He should have taped a cheetah to his back instead.
tape a cheetah to his backseems like you've thought about this before...

'Joe Summer said:
'badmojo1006 said:
If any pro athlete comes out of the closet, it will be an established player, not a rookie.
Unless the player knows he's going to be outed soon anyway.
There was a story on CBS or NFL.com recently that said a current player is considering coming out after the draft, so it's not Te'o. The comments from that link say the same thing.

'Joe Summer said:
'badmojo1006 said:
If any pro athlete comes out of the closet, it will be an established player, not a rookie.
Unless the player knows he's going to be outed soon anyway.
There was a story on CBS or NFL.com recently that said a current player is considering coming out after the draft, so it's not Te'o. The comments from that link say the same thing.
Hadn't read the stories but you're right on that point.

A surprise appearance on SNL in a skit where he mocks himself is the play here.
I still think he should have done this. They could start out with another character saying, "Hey man, hurry! We're going to miss the movie!"And then they cut to Te'o one the phone saying, "One second. I have to finish wiring this Nigerian 3500 bucks!" And then maybe look into the camera and and give some cheesy smile while the other guy(s) say, "Oh, Manti - what are we going to do with you?" And then some cheesy intro music while "That's my Manti!" splashes up on the screen like a crappy sitcom. They can then follow it up with him getting reeled in by other scams. ("Hey guys! Anyone interested in seeing this great line of Amway products?")Or whatever. Just something. People will respect you more, and forget the incident faster, if you get out in front of it and make fun of yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think he should have done this. They could start out with another character saying, "Hey man, hurry! We're going to miss the movie!"And then they cut to Te'o one the phone saying, "One second. I have to finish wiring this Nigerian 3500 bucks!" And then maybe look into the camera and and give some cheesy smile while the other guy(s) say, "Oh, Manti - what are we going to do with you?" And then some cheesy intro music while "That's my Manti!" splashes up on the screen like a crappy sitcom. They can then follow it up with him getting reeled in by other scams. ("Hey guys! Anyone interested in seeing this great line of Amway products?")Or whatever. Just something. People will respect you more, and forget the incident faster, if you get out in front of it and make fun of yourself.
That's pretty brilliant.

:thumbup:

I can't be the only one that hopes his team does NOT take this guy...I'm actually worried that he'll continue to fall to a point where my team takes a flier on him.

anyone with a brain knew this kid was going to drop like a rock

Kiper is still pimping this kid. Kiper had him in his top 5 at one point this off season. Not sure why he has such a hard on for ND players. He also said Clausen would be an All Pro as well.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
The Commish said:
SacramentoBob said:
The Commish said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
Looks like someone lost a sig bet!
Please don't make me comb the :hophead: to figure out what you're talking about :popcorn:
Scroll back all of four posts.
I don't see the bet there :oldunsure:
he wouldn't bet with me. he got someone else to agree to a sig bet soon afterwards.
Which means this is one alias we won't be seeing again :thumbup:

anyone with a brain knew this kid was going to drop like a rock

Kiper is still pimping this kid. Kiper had him in his top 5 at one point this off season. Not sure why he has such a hard on for ND players. He also said Clausen would be an All Pro as well.
He and Clausen's agent were in cahoots apparently.

smart move for him to stay in Hawaii
I didn't watch non-stop. Did they even have a camera crew / live look ins on the Te'o festivities?
I don't think so. There was a reporter there for one of the channels, but she was on the beach.
That's exactly what I'd do.

"We can't seem to find Manti as he has apparently gone into hiding. This is Mr. Pickles reporting live from Hanalei Beach, Kauai."

I have no idea why you posted this in this thread, but I haven't thought of that commercial for years and I loved it when it was on. :lmao:

He'll have an agent. One that will have the right answers for any question an NFL exec would ask and months to recite it. I'm sure this same agent is already preparing a statement to send to NFL teams as I write this.He's going top 20. Guaranteed.
It seems that BigBoy has declined my invitation to rejoin us in this thread. :sadbanana:

Bigboy was pwned!

I believe it was only Pantherguy who wanted in, shoot me a pm and ill add the sig. Terms will have to be agreed up if I'm not mistaken.

F the rest if you :lmao:

Bigboy was pwned!I believe it was only Pantherguy who wanted in, shoot me a pm and ill add the sig. Terms will have to be agreed up if I'm not mistaken.F the rest if you :lmao:
He's not the only one that wanted in. Plenty wanted in at different stakes, you choose to only wager words.

Users who are viewing this thread