Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Ref

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!

Aw man. Network switched to live coverage of the SpaceX launch. I'm trying to watch the 1986 World Series here.

• Laughing 1

4 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I’ve been playing on there with @swirvenirvin I’ve won a few bucks from him and his buddies

Looks like 2 wins, 3 2nds and a 3rd out of 10 games...lots of early exits too

also been playing on PPPoker with another group of friends.  

for awhile I was playing like 4 nights a week, have started to lose interest though but will probably keep playing

missed that last few Swirve games though because they decide to start playing at midnight 

no money won from me my friend, I won both 32 person tournaments which were $400+ payouts

5 minutes ago, swirvenirvin said:

no money won from me my friend, I won both 32 person tournaments which were $400+ payouts

We need another one of those

Anyone have leans on this UFC fight on ESPN tonight?  

I know nothing about UFC, but I don't have my kid this weekend and my girlfriend is out of town at a bachelorette party.  I get to drink and gamble tonight. 

Throw me a bone here.

6 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I know nothing about UFC, but I don't have my kid this weekend and my girlfriend is out of town at a bachelorette party.  I get to drink and gamble tonight. 

Throw me a bone here.

@hooter311 posted some stuff on his twitter

1 minute ago, Dan Lambskin said:

@hooter311 posted some stuff on his twitter

Yep, we're crushing tonight!.....hooterknows on twitter

2 minutes ago, swirvenirvin said:

lets go woodley

I don't think tonight is gonna go well for him, but it's just like my opinion so best of luck!

I like Quarentillo a lot in this spot, Sakai, Burns.

Also think they all finish by ko.

This UFC cage is comically small, it's gonna be the summer of the under in the new Vegas UFC apex facility.

Never watched much ufc before it became the only sport on TV, amazed at how good the sportsmanship is, every match they treat each other with respect.

Tried to get quarantillo live at +150 but it got hammered, couldn't get bet thru

Never tried to live bet ufc, that was awful, tried both betonline and bookmaker after first and second round, both constantly rejected bets because of line change, damnit

1 hour ago, hooter311 said:

I don't think tonight is gonna go well for him, but it's just like my opinion so best of luck!

Tail on Burns KO/TKO

21 minutes ago, mquinnjr said:

Tail on Burns KO/TKO

Anyone but Herb would have gave him that r1 ko.

56 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

Never tried to live bet ufc, that was awful, tried both betonline and bookmaker after first and second round, both constantly rejected bets because of line change, damnit

You have to select the "accept any line change on bookmaker" and pray you only get screwed like 30% of the time.  Bm didn't have live betting pre-pandemic.

1 hour ago, lumpy19 said:

Never watched much ufc before it became the only sport on TV, amazed at how good the sportsmanship is, every match they treat each other with respect.

And then there's Mike Perry...he recently swore off coaches and will be corned by his girlfriend and maybe her friend in his next fight.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

Anyone but Herb would have gave him that r1 ko.

Such BS. Woodley is done as a pro, great call Hoot 6/1 is crazy and should have hit, but we move on

Edited by mquinnjr
  • Like 1

Gosh darn it's a blessing to be so ignorant and confident when you actually get something right.

Burns win brought home a 7 leg parlay for the night.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, mquinnjr said:

Such BS. Woodley is done as a pro, great call Hoot 6/1 is crazy and should have hit, but we move on

Woodley has been 100% checked out since the Thompson rematch.  2 years ago on rogan's podcast he said the arthritis in his right hand was so bad he could barely make a fist.  I don't see any other 38 year olds hanging out in the upper echelon of the 170lb division so it's not a knock on the guy.  Fighting is the last job in the world where you want to get back in the cage again making 20% of what you were as champ.  It's an almost impossible mental hurdle for anyone to overcome.

• Like 2

Also, as someone who walked from a 6 figure corporate sales position to "retire" at the age of 33....when you're mentally done with something, your skills become worthless.

officially done with stupid mma.. woodley sucked a huge ####..... loser

glad kids baseball is back lfg

10 hours ago, hooter311 said:

You have to select the "accept any line change on bookmaker" and pray you only get screwed like 30% of the time.  Bm didn't have live betting pre-pandemic.

Ugh that feels uncomfortable, thanks for the tip

🐴 Churchill Early Pick 5 🐴

Races 1-5

2,4,6/1,5/2,7/6,9,10/3,9

= $36

:deadhorse:

I can't not watch Bristol, and if I'm watching, I can't not bet it.  Fading Truex, Almirola & Byron basically. 

Harvick -140 o Truex
Elliott -170 o Truex
Hamlin -155 o Truex
Kes -125 o Truex
Kenseth -130 o Almirola
Newman -120 o Almirola
Johnson -160 o Bryon
Jones -154 o Byron

• Love 1

I like Jones today for a top three and Logano for a top five. 

(It seems like everytime I predict something in Nascar this year, my pick finds a way to lose with less than five to go)

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

I like Jones today for a top three and Logano for a top five. 

(It seems like everytime I predict something in Nascar this year, my pick finds a way to lose with less than five to go)

I played E Jones to win a +2200 and a dab on +500 top 3 and all of regularguy matchups

Bookmaker has $125 limits on nascar matchups, normally $500 I think, anyone else notice this?  Small matchup betting menu and tiny limits, not sure what is going on there.

Almost feel like I need to bet Truex to win because nobody in NASCAR @#$%s me harder than this guy

Edited by lumpy19
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, hooter311 said:

I like Quarentillo a lot in this spot, Sakai, Burns.

Also think they all finish by ko.

If any of my followers have adhd, these went 3-0!

Just none of them got the ko.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lumpy19 said:

I played E Jones to win a +2200 and a dab on +500 top 3 and all of regularguy matchups

Bookmaker has $125 limits on nascar matchups, normally $500 I think, anyone else notice this?  Small matchup betting menu and tiny limits, not sure what is going on there.

Almost feel like I need to bet Truex to win because nobody in NASCAR @#$%s me harder than this guy

I'm seeing $250 which has been my normal Nascar matchup limit this season.  Bm is cutting people?  Since when?

Played Elliott +116 over Kyle Busch

I'm in board with the Erik Jones hype too, has had horrendous luck here.

Jones -144 over Jimmie johnson

I am literally becoming a degenerate gambler. FanDuel sent me the invite to get the app to bet on ponies and they gave me a little deposit bonus to start. I have been having fun this morning betting 2.00 to show on different horses at different tracks. I have no clue what I doing, but I haven't lost--so that is a good day of gambling (especially after getting blanked last night) I was watching one of the UFC prelim fights and I told my wife I have money on the guy in the yellow trunks---Boom!!! Exactly as I got the word trunks out of my mouth, he ate a knee and the fight was over that quickly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

I am literally becoming a degenerate gambler. FanDuel sent me the invite to get the app to bet on ponies and they gave me a little deposit bonus to start. I have been having fun this morning betting 2.00 to show on different horses at different tracks. I have no clue what I doing, but I haven't lost--so that is a good day of gambling (especially after getting blanked last night) I was watching one of the UFC prelim fights and I told my wife I have money on the guy in the yellow trunks---Boom!!! Exactly as I got the word trunks out of my mouth, he ate a knee and the fight was over that quickly. 

You are most welcome here.

4 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

You haven't lived until you've fed your gas money home into a slot machine.  Liberating.

Then after that it's waiting until it's too cold for the power company to cut you off so you can use that money to play the over on Monday night football.

Am I right?

😬

• Laughing 1

I wish they had a prop bet every week “Will Stenhouse wreck himself or wreck someone else?”

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

You haven't lived until you've fed your gas money home into a slot machine.  Liberating.

Then after that it's waiting until it's too cold for the power company to cut you off so you can use that money to play the over on Monday night football.

Am I right?

😬

flew home from vegas once in my much younger days, no credit cards and $26 cash to my name

congrats to almirola on winning, great race

1 hour ago, Courtjester said:

I wish they had a prop bet every week “Will Stenhouse wreck himself or wreck someone else?”

🤣

6 hours ago, regularguy said:

I can't not watch Bristol, and if I'm watching, I can't not bet it.  Fading Truex, Almirola & Byron basically. 

Harvick -140 o Truex
Elliott -170 o Truex
Hamlin -155 o Truex
Kes -125 o Truex
Kenseth -130 o Almirola
Newman -120 o Almirola
Johnson -160 o Bryon
Jones -154 o Byron

Stupid Chase Elliott

Truex/almirola wreck was what dreams are made of

• Like 1

Well NASCAR was a bust, but I like this horse racing thing 

36 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

Stupid Chase Elliott

So close to a surprise sweep.  Yep, that wreck was pretty nice especially after Harvick & Jones did the same thing a bit before that but recovered.  Fun times.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

Stupid Chase Elliott

100 consecutive Nascar badbeatz coming our way! 😷

• Like 3

11 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Liberating.

Give someone you've never met your home address and start placing unsecured cash wagers. Win 5k the first month out of the gate. Receive a package in the mail you never would've sniffed if not for said dude goading you every day asking why you haven't placed a bet yet..

Man I'm embracing everything now dating everyone. Remember that sitcom episode where the dude was forced into two concurrent dates at the same expensive restaurant? That was crazy. I haven't tried that. Forgot what I was gonna say

You're going to wake up tomorrow. From this bad dream we are all having. It's going to be week two - HBO Hard Knocks 2019 - in a crisp August afternoon. Like someone pressed the reset button, and Antonio Brown will be catching passes with the Raiders like clockwork. Like nothing ever happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, lumpy19 said:

Well it's been a good run, bookmaker has me at $125 on everything, just tried to be KBO baseball and it's $125

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

Well it's been a good run, bookmaker has me at $125 on everything, just tried to be KBO baseball and it's $125

Unheard of.  Really inconvenient I'm sure, but that's quite the scalp.  When the big sports come back they should loosen back up.  They lowered their weekly cashouts from 30k to 3k almost immediately when the pandemic started.

1 minute ago, hooter311 said:

Unheard of.  Really inconvenient I'm sure, but that's quite the scalp.  When the big sports come back they should loosen back up.  They lowered their weekly cashouts from 30k to 3k almost immediately when the pandemic started.

Maybe, but they've also severely delayed my bets, it's 3-5 seconds to get a wager thru.

A Demings or bottoms vp nomination would result in the biggest future score in my life.  I kind of like my chances!

Not Kamala Harris -154 remains the largest +ev wager on the planet.  I expect the winner to be announced the first week of August.

Currently buying klobuchar at +1250.

Also value in the with Grisham at +4000.

I've got Demings at 50-1 and Bottoms at 200-1.  I definitely can't recommend bottoms right now at 15-1.  Like Demings at anything better than +500. I'd say she currently has more of a 35% chance at worst.