What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (13 Viewers)

Let's go runs!  :towelwave:

Mia/Was O10.5 - 110 🤑 - lucky with a run in the top of the 9th - I thought this was going to lose by the hook
Bos/Bal O10.5 -115
Tex/Sea O9.5 - EV

Parlay of Cubs/Indians  :bag:   1 to win 1.2 - CLE not looking good. 

GLTA
AB

Last edited by a moderator:
hooter311 said:
Saw a guy on twitter with 10k followers and selling his picks, saying Frankie was his biggest underdog pick ever....... :lmao:
kind of fun thinking about biggest underdog winner in MMA. I don't even remember the dude's name, but i remember grabbing some scrub close to around +800 against Big Tim Sylvia in his post-UFC career. that one was fun

kind of fun thinking about biggest underdog winner in MMA. I don't even remember the dude's name, but i remember grabbing some scrub close to around +800 against Big Tim Sylvia in his post-UFC career. that one was fun
UFC 173 I was all over Dillashaw +765.....that had to be my best straight call...2014 doesn't seem THAT long ago...lol

hooter311 said:
I wish I could post the "he'll flip ya, flip ya for real" benicio gif from Usual Suspects, because he could have flipped the switch pretty quick.  Hubbard the latest guy to cost me money both ways in his first 2 UFC fights....grrrrr
i mean he let some dood mount and ride him the entire time.  No clue what im talking about but why didnt he just continue to smash him on the fence over and over

i mean he let some dood mount and ride him the entire time.  No clue what im talking about but why didnt he just continue to smash him on the fence over and over
yeah, the correct thing to do would have been to get both hands on one of the guys wrist's, pull that arm down towards your crotch to try to get opponent's skull as close to directly over your shoulder as possible, and then preform a front flip or at least half of a one and try to bounce the back of opponent's head off the mat.  

The guy on the back has to squeeze his legs so hard to stay back there in open space, I think I'd rather have him out there even over scraping the crap out of him against the fence.  Hubbard had plenty of time to do both and he just didn't do anything.

If someone ever grabs you from behind. Remember, proper submission defense starts with getting both of your hands on one of your opponent's wrists.  

So.....

I might be spending too much time on the internet...but I'm real close to hitting submit on booking a penthouse in Tallinn, Estonia from Dec 27th to Feb 1st and running my insurance business remotely for a month.

Reasoning:

1) I would like to shop for a bride half my age that doesn't speak English as a first language because I think we would get along better over time.  

2)  I want to hunt and shoot a wolf.

Now its supposed to cold as billy goat testes there, otherwise I was originally looking at booking 3 months there.

ETA:  and by "shop for a bride" I mean running around the country acting like the dude in Lucifer and seeing what the cat drags in....

Total price for round trip plane ticket, penthouse, and 3 day guided wolf hunt would be like 10k.  Not crazy unreasonable at all.

UFC 173 I was all over Dillashaw +765.....that had to be my best straight call...2014 doesn't seem THAT long ago...lol
nice.

Looked up my winner on sherdog, was Abe Wagner of TUF fame:

LOSSAbe WagnerTitan FC 16 - Titan Fighting Championship 16
Jan / 28 / 2011 TKO (Punches)

Can't believe that was 2011  :loco:

The one underdog i remember taking that i loved and was totally against the grain was when i took Nick Diaz over Frank Shamrock. I remember almost all of the MMA sites had Frank to win and that line kept growing and growing in his direction. Stuck to my guns and kept adding more as the line got better and was a fun one to win

nice.

Looked up my winner on sherdog, was Abe Wagner of TUF fame:

LOSSAbe WagnerTitan FC 16 - Titan Fighting Championship 16
Jan / 28 / 2011 TKO (Punches)

Can't believe that was 2011  :loco:

The one underdog i remember taking that i loved and was totally against the grain was when i took Nick Diaz over Frank Shamrock. I remember almost all of the MMA sites had Frank to win and that line kept growing and growing in his direction. Stuck to my guns and kept adding more as the line got better and was a fun one to win
I was going back down memory lane yesterday to our posts from 2010-2011.  You know, back when preliminary UFC matches weren't even recorded and you had to lock in your bets and wait till the next day to read the media results or just see if there was money in your account.

Brings back the days of when if Monday night football ran into over time, you had to wait until the Wednesday morning newspaper for the box scores so you could score your fantasy football games for that week....

So.....

I might be spending too much time on the internet...but I'm real close to hitting submit on booking a penthouse in Tallinn, Estonia from Dec 27th to Feb 1st and running my insurance business remotely for a month.

Reasoning:

1) I would like to shop for a bride half my age that doesn't speak English as a first language because I think we would get along better over time.  

Now its supposed to cold as billy goat testes there, otherwise I was originally looking at booking 3 months there.

ETA:  and by "shop for a bride" I mean running around the country acting like the dude in Lucifer and seeing what the cat drags in....

Total price for round trip plane ticket, penthouse, and 3 day guided wolf hunt would be like 10k.  Not crazy unreasonable at all.
Estonia women are among the tallest in the world and have a very high percentage of blondes

Estonia women are among the tallest in the world and have a very high percentage of blondes

I've read they're rather "frosty" as well....If I could find an ice cold 25 year old blonde with one eye just a little wonky that is looking for a place to warm up  (Wisconsin?)....I'm bringing her back.

We got rid of it in a few of my leagues, I certainly don’t miss it
Kickers were first, the lead in to kill defenses. Someone gets the highest scoring defense as a second to or last round pick and has a built in 10 point a week advantage with swings +/-. I hate defenses, it’s too random for scoring. Offense only, no kickers.

So.....

Reasoning:

Dude after getting to the other side of what you’re going through, have a blast and do it. Please keep a journal here, I’ll drop in more often to live vicariously through you having a blast there.

FCS action on ESPN this saturday at 8pm CST.  Austin Peay vs. Central Arkansas. 

I just played the over 42.5 -115 at BM....purely an action play...assume everyone will be betting on this for action and will be hitting the over.  Might come back with some under if it swings big.

:shrug:

Kickers were first, the lead in to kill defenses. Someone gets the highest scoring defense as a second to or last round pick and has a built in 10 point a week advantage with swings +/-. I hate defenses, it’s too random for scoring. Offense only, no kickers.
In my 20+ year league, every year I get grief in my draft because I'll be the first guy to take a defense, usually in the 7th or 8th round.   Just about every year I get more points out of my defense than all but one or two teams.    I have the highest scoring average in the league (at least since we switched from paper and the site stores histories).    The rest of the league just can't seem to figure it out that it's better to have a solid defense than a shaky RB4.  That's not random or luck, it's understanding and playing your scoring system.

-fish- said:
In my 20+ year league, every year I get grief in my draft because I'll be the first guy to take a defense, usually in the 7th or 8th round.   Just about every year I get more points out of my defense than all but one or two teams.    I have the highest scoring average in the league (at least since we switched from paper and the site stores histories).    The rest of the league just can't seem to figure it out that it's better to have a solid defense than a shaky RB4.  That's not random or luck, it's understanding and playing your scoring system.
Thats impressive because the consensus #1 defense in most years usually finishes outside the top 10

Tiger Fan said:

I just played the over 42.5 -115 at BM....purely an action play...assume everyone will be betting on this for action and will be hitting the over.  Might come back with some under if it swings big.

Sure I'll play along.  43.5 at 5d now.

Thats impressive because the consensus #1 defense in most years usually finishes outside the top 10
Guess that shows you not to follow consensus picks.   Could also be that I'm less bad than other people in my league at picking defenses.

at 45 now

Sorry for the late posting on some of this:

I love MIN in GM 2 - currently off the board

NYY TT O 4.5-135 and F5 O2.5 - 120

parlay: Min GM1/STL/Cubs - reds under 6 Gm1 - pays 4.25 to 1

SD/COL O13 - EV

NCAAF!!!! - Austin Peay +3

not sure how accurate but retweeted by Todd Fuhrman 

@CFBmaxs: Have it on a pretty solid source (never 100%) that Austin Peay had a COVID outbreak. Half team not practicing this week. 

2 WR will miss the game, one of which was REALLY good LY, and atleast 5 DL in rotation will be out, and some key ST guys. 

Find me in a ditch when they play

Good news: Got over a dozen picks/props for the UFC card tonight!

Live stream and chat available here:  http://moneymachineco.com/

Bad news:  Giving the picks out on a live stream hosted by our old friend Eminence!   :shock: :excited:

I'll add the link here when the steam goes live....for those that don't want to participate I will post plays after the stream and before the event....

Also planning on being live all night long with a live Watch along for live betting opportunities!  

We're doing this fellas!  Thank you for the support, lets make some money. 

I don't play, I win, so let's do this darn thing together!

Good news: Got over a dozen picks/props for the UFC card tonight!

Bad news:  Giving the picks out on a live stream hosted by our old friend Eminence!   :shock: :excited:

I'll add the link here when the steam goes live....for those that don't want to participate I will post plays after the stream and before the event....

Also planning on being live all night long with a live Watch along for live betting opportunities!  

We're doing this fellas!  Thank you for the support, lets make some money. 

I don't play, I win, so let's do this darn thing together!
Will it be posted to watch later?  I'll be at a wedding but would love to just see how you guys work together.

-410 Brady/  -275 Lamas/ -265 Grasso/ Rakic -237

Brady/Aguilera u2.5 +107

Whitmire -127

Whitmire/Viana u2.5 +152

Cifers +265

Pitolo +115

Pitolo/Kasanganay Ends in Round 3 +760

Di Chirico -120

Springer +170

Lawler +225

Lawler/Magny u2.5 +225

Rakic/Smith o1.5 -162

Rakic by decision +210

JaxBill said:
not sure how accurate but retweeted by Todd Fuhrman 

@CFBmaxs: Have it on a pretty solid source (never 100%) that Austin Peay had a COVID outbreak. Half team not practicing this week. 

2 WR will miss the game, one of which was REALLY good LY, and atleast 5 DL in rotation will be out, and some key ST guys. 

Find me in a ditch when they play
They really seemed to miss the WR1 at times.

This Covid stuff is going to wreck havoc on game lines

Texas St was awful last year.  Like bottom ten teams bad.  Doesn’t seem like they got many highly recruited players this offseason and even if they did they haven’t practiced much.

SMU is up and coming, had a good year last year**, have experience all over the place, the S Dykes loves to run it up.

SMU -20.5 -120

**except when they took a dive in the Boca Bowl. 

Looking at futures at FanDuel, love Alex Smith Comeback POTY at +550 and a small flier on Bryan Edwards Offensive ROTY +10000. Thoughts?

Looking at futures at FanDuel, love Alex Smith Comeback POTY at +550 and a small flier on Bryan Edwards Offensive ROTY +10000. Thoughts?
I am torn on Smith.  The number seems too low for an award like that but if he gets any "real" playing time he's a lock, right?

Kinda like the Edwards flier.  I took one on Claypool at 45-1 myself.

Definite passes on both.
I get Edwards, but what's your thinking on Alex Smith? Dude nearly lost his limb, my angle is it's a kind of honorarium by the NFL recognizing a feel good story. FD has a bad number, figured there's some value in picking it off. 

SIx....HOURS!?!?  What the hell?
Well, I don't have to get out of bed to pee and I haven't got to do much talking the last 6 months so.....

The first 45 minutes broke down the card and then I did a live watchalong for the entire preliminary and main event card.  In the future, the fight breakdowns will be separate and earlier in the day.

I get Edwards, but what's your thinking on Alex Smith? Dude nearly lost his limb, my angle is it's a kind of honorarium by the NFL recognizing a feel good story. FD has a bad number, figured there's some value in picking it off. 
I think +550 is a bad number, should be +1000 or higher imo.  +300 at Sbet is insane.  Everybody that has won the award in at least the last 15 years have had legit seasons, it really hasn't been a charity case award.  There are at least a handful of guys with odds that will be starting and should produce solid numbers.  I'd be pretty surprised if Smith even started a game this year.  I wouldn't bet him +550 even if he was announced the starter today.

Users who are viewing this thread