Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Ref

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!

23 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

especially versus Seattle, the team with the most errors and the most overs

@MLBONFOX The Mariners SS made a great throw home to try and save a run... But plot twist: There was no catcher there.

video

didn't cash the over tho

<_<

Today is the second-most expensive day to bet favorites so far this season. The average price to bet the fave today: -175

May 15th was the most-expensive day to bet faves. Average price to bet the favorite that day: -177

Another fun fact: Favorites went 13-1 SU +$1,185 that day :oldunsure:

Fading Stras after his team's day off when he himself is starting on more than 4 days rest: 16-11 SU (avg line +152). Nats still haven't won a game after a day off this season.

White Sox +235
White Sox o2½ -150
White Sox/Nats o8½ -105

Just a quick shop around shows Bet US offering o3½ +120 on the White Sox team total. I realize it's technically a prop, and prices are obviously gonna be different, but I have never seen an entire full-run discrepancy among different books like that on a team total.

Saw, Rockies are +190 and going against Kyle Hendricks.  He's ok, but does not miss many bats.  Feel like that's too rich for the Rox in Wrigley with the wind blowing out.  What you think?

The dude with the $100,000 Blues futures ticket, I hope he cashes that ish.  Partly cause I have the Blues plus money in the series, but mostly to stick it to the shraps that all said he should hedge and have been a little condescending toward him since he hasn't hedged.  He bet with his heart.  As Mick Jagger said, Sometimes, all you need is love.

Edited by facook

28 minutes ago, facook said:

Saw, Rockies are +190 and going against Kyle Hendricks.  He's ok, but does not miss many bats.  Feel like that's too rich for the Rox in Wrigley with the wind blowing out.  What you think?

I don't know dude. Is he sucking this year? I know he can lock it down, have hit a lot of unders with that dude before. It's probably more about the Rox starter. His worst attribute is his GB+walk rate. I'm not really familiar with that metric right now, but with the wind blowing out fly balls and walks sound dangerous af at Wrigley. A more reasonable price might be around -175 for the Cubs, so if you're getting better than +175 on the Rox, couldn't argue with you trying to find value. Rox hold the #1 OBP in the MLB though. And the total looks right, no tricky stuff there. So if you think Rox gonna mash on Kyle go for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChainsawU said:

Fading Stras after his team's day off when he himself is starting on more than 4 days rest: 16-11 SU (avg line +152). Nats still haven't won a game after a day off this season.

White Sox +235
White Sox o2½ -150
White Sox/Nats o8½ -105

Jeez

10 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

All in on Draymond overs tonight

Sure why not 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

All in on Draymond overs tonight

What about o1.5 blocks +160 :unsure:

Klay makes 1st FG +115.  Instant gratification.  :banned:

8 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

What about o1.5 blocks +160 :unsure:

I just bet o13.5 points, o18.5 ra and o32.5pra

Just now, lumpy19 said:

I just bet o13.5 points, o18.5 ra and o32.5pra

Now you tell me

18 minutes ago, facook said:

Klay makes 1st FG +115.  Instant gratification.  :banned:

he won't play

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, ChainsawU said:

he won't play

I kind of agree.  Ok if cancelled, but hoping for a little hero ball if he does.

Shraps apparently on the under and Raps.  Total down from 213.5 to 211 and Raps +4.5 down to +3 some places.  

8 minutes ago, facook said:

I kind of agree.  Ok if cancelled, but hoping for a little hero ball if he does.

You contemplate hedging out of GS some?

Ive been toying with the idea since yesterday 

Hell no! After last game, I think Kerr has Nurse all hemmed up. Sealed and delivered already. Eff that

Just now, comfortably numb said:

You contemplate hedging out of GS some?

Ive been toying with the idea since yesterday 

Nope.  I figure they lose tonight, and Klay and KD come back Fri.  If they win tonight it's gravy.  Just me though.

4 minutes ago, facook said:

Shraps apparently on the under and Raps.  Total down from 213.5 to 211 and Raps +4.5 down to +3 some places.  

2 minutes ago, ChainsawU said:

sharps, or someone has the early news on Klay

My close personal friend and renowned not-rotund shyster tout Dr. Bob said on VSiN today that losing Looney is a way bigger deal than losing Klay.  Apparently the trio of Looney, Dray, and Steph is the biggest :nerd: -numbers advantage in the playoffs by far.  I feel like his argument is outweighed by the fact that, um....Klay is good.

5 minutes ago, facook said:

Nope.  I figure they lose tonight, and Klay and KD come back Fri.  If they win tonight it's gravy.  Just me though.

Yea, that's what the gambler in me says. 

The responsible part in me says if i want to minimize my exposure today is the day.

(Or did i spell ##### wrong)?

I grabbed Draymond Green points/. Over 19½ +310 for a bill. It's +190 now. CLV rules everything around me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

Yea, that's what the gambler in me says. 

The responsible part in me says if i want to minimize my exposure today is the day.

(Or did i spell ##### wrong)?

I mean frankly, how good will you feel if you hedge out and win some money (or lose less) on a team that is known more for it's biggest fan - Drake - than anything else?  For me?  None.  None good is how I'd feel.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, ChainsawU said:

I grabbed Draymond Green points/. Over 19½ +310 for a bill. It's +190 now. CLV rules everything around me.

You're like the cool version of Dr Bob of this thread.

• Thanks 1

Opposing teams 7-13 SU versus Raps in these playoffs:
Leading by 8+ at halftime: 5-0 SU
Not leading by 8+ at halftime: 2-13 SU

Think I might sell some points with GSW 1H. Also the double result wager GSW 1H+FG is selling for $1.35. That's the most-juiced I think I've ever seen one of those.

5 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Hopefully Dray gets a bunch of P+R off a bunch of Klay misses

But not on Klays' FIRST shot.  :thumbup:

Dang, Klay news is moving the line a full point at a time. Of course he's listed active. I don't think that's breaking news as much as it's gamesmanship, though. They even said "if it hurts, I ain't playing." I think it will go normal par-for-the-course 1Q. But then get real dirty 2Q after Kerr get to lock-in a game plan on defense. I'm gonna wait and bet live, see if I can buy on some bad news. See which way the emotion goes and then fade. Maybe get a GSW +200 on the 1H moneyline somehow.

Klay out.  Gonna be tough for me to hit that prop.

Dubs 25-3 SU home/playoffs L3 seasons. This spread tonight is the fewest number of points you had to lay on Dubs/home/playoffs since May 1, 2014.

All four commentators just picked the Raps to win. Said, "This is the first time all season we've agreed on something!" 🤑

1 minute ago, regularguy said:

Draymond playing?  

3-1-1

He's gotta pick it up.  Steph can't keep this up.  He'll stroke out in the 3rd.

• Like 1

me and booty woman were at the pool last night, being quiet and minding out own business. the novice concierge walked thru and asked us to leave. said the pool area was closed for the night 30 minutes ago. he bit the hand that feeds him too - I bring that dude juice all the time. He likes mango nectar out of a can from the little grocery store. and he doesn't know about the Christmas bonus either, he hasn't been here long enough. kinda ruined my night a little bit! because I had no idea I was under curfew. looking back, it's kinda my fault, as I should've manned up and asked him to let me make it worth his while if he kept walking. plus, how am I going to keep bringing him juice now.

Peralta making a spot start and Marlins woke up in June 4-0 SU +$665 with 42 runs scored (11±4 rpg).

Marlins +163
Marlins -1½ +245
Marlins o3½ -105

1 hour ago, ChainsawU said:

Peralta making a spot start and Marlins woke up in June 4-0 SU +$665 with 42 runs scored (11±4 rpg).

Marlins +163
Marlins -1½ +245
Marlins o3½ -105

I didn't bet it cause I think I need to be done with baseball but that Marlins play jumped off the page to me too.  

Lefties hit 2 home runs off the first two pitches they saw. Moose and Yelich. Moose went yard twice already :yucky:

Astros team total got cancelled after Milone didn't start the game. Mariners opener promptly gives up 3 runs. Milone comes in, throws one pitch, side retired. <_<

breakdownsheets got the Twins at like a -175 favorite. seems fishy af but he hasn't updated his sheet since 6/1. but with that in mind fading Berrios on 5 days rest

CLE -117

On 5/25/2019 at 11:49 PM, jamil said:

Let's say you're holding a Toronto +5000 to win the ship. What do you do

Now's the ideal time to hedge, -110 on the warriors, lock in that profit!!