Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Ref

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Russian Table Tennis and Korea Baseball

Recommended Posts

Feel bad dudes.  So many of you all over it.  To better days!  :banned: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

🐴 Golden Gate 🐴

.50 Late P4 (races 8-11)

1,6,7,8/4,5,6,9/4,6,11/8

$24

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, otb_lifer said:

🐴 Golden Gate 🐴

.50 Late P4 (races 8-11)

1,6,7,8/4,5,6,9/4,6,11/8

$24

... so this one hit. 

i typically avoid this bullring due to small fields, paltry pools, synth flats. 

but they had fuller fields yesterday, and a good amount of turf racing, centered around the GIII San Francisco Mile, which kicked off the P4 i wagered on. 

the #6 horse at 6-1 had this in his chops ... but 8/5 favorite #7 closes fast, and it's a foto-finish ... really needed the 6 to kick this off, but it was awarded to the #7, ergo costing at least $150+ on the will pay, imo. 

singled the #8 in final leg, no problem ... a whopping $59.27 for that sequence hit. 

goodbye, GG :bye:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🐴  Indiana Grand 🐴

Early P4 (races 1-4)

2,3,4,7/1,5,11/3/1,6,9,11

$24

opening day out there, hoping for some deep pools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

This post didn't age too well.  

New here?

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So when do we start betting on Trump to win the election?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lumpy19 said:

So when do we start betting on Trump to win the election?

Already did - I found a -105 during the early part of the pandemic and threw a unit on it.  :shrug:

Did not want to tie up $ for months, but thought the odds would only get worse. 

Edited by Angry Beavers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

Already did - I found a -105 during the early part of the pandemic and threw a unit on it.  :shrug:

Did not want to tie up $ for months, but thought the odds would only get worse. 

+115 now.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

+115 now.....

off the board at my current outs........ Thanks for the insight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

+115 now.....

+105 at Bovada.   Biden is -120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@otb_lifer I’m drunk, on a plane and have no reading glasses but I’m 4/5 today.   
 

#10 Churchill Downs race 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, the rover said:

@otb_lifer I’m drunk, on a plane and have no reading glasses but I’m 4/5 today.   
 

#10 Churchill Downs race 6

Drunk luck may have run out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, the rover said:

Drunk luck may have run out

Not sure why but this reminded me of 2012 KY derby, I was hitting Tris like crazy on the undercard, and I kept going back to the same teller (she was pretty cute)...but I was getting increasingly drunk and having more and more trouble calling out my bets and fumbling through my wallet for cash , but I was tipping her like $20 each time for the last race

as we got closer to the derby some ahole was yelling at me to hurry up and she went off on him

  note:  I didn’t hit on the derby thanks to that juiced up monster I’ll Have Another 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grabbed some Keisha bottoms +1600 at bookmaker

I have val demings +670 as well, those are my only 2 positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to all the Web Simpson backers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Ref said:

Congratulations to all the Web Simpson backers

Quiet, you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who we got on the punch kick tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit the BOL Belmont 1st and Last contest.  How many contestants do you think will be splitting the $5000?  2500?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

Played Hamlin -108 over Kyle B

Couple I like at current odds are Newman over Kenseth and Dillon over Nemechek.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 3:10 PM, facook said:

Hit the BOL Belmont 1st and Last contest.  How many contestants do you think will be splitting the $5000?  2500?

$10.  WOOHOO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I retreat back to my safe space on this board because I didn't have anything nice to say to the losers that :lmao: at my prediction posts in other threads....

 

I know nobody here would pull that, but if you were to and we cross paths in real life, you're getting smacked.

Vent over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hooter311 said:

I retreat back to my safe space on this board because I didn't have anything nice to say to the losers that :lmao: at my prediction posts in other threads....

 

I know nobody here would pull that, but if you were to and we cross paths in real life, you're getting smacked.

Vent over.

what prediction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, swirvenirvin said:

what prediction

I got laughed at for saying bitcoin was cool or some kind of nonsense....

 

Apparently there is something in this statement that is hilarious to an idiot:

 

Posted 22 hours ago

"profitable mining" has never been a reality with blockchain.  Miners are accumulating future expected values, not current ones.  Even 8 years ago (2 halvings), when I was involved, it cost roughly 3x the current market value at the time to mine in the U.S.  at the time btc was worth about $60.

 

The fact that there is a finite supply of btc is the motivation behind mining.  It has to be created so one day it will be worth more.

One huge aspect of btc that never gets talked about is that it takes counterfeiting out of the equation when it comes to transactions.  If had something of considerable value, btc is the only currency in the world I would feel comfortable exchanging it for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 2:38 PM, lumpy19 said:

So when do we start betting on Trump to win the election?

Lumpy is like Jeff Ross on steroids. He's not mean. He wants to win, he wants you to win, he works at his craft, he's intelligent as ####. But he's seen some things, man. He likes to laugh. But he's seen some things, man. And some stuff. Like the dude who cooked TV dinner next to the satellite dish in Vietnam before they discovered microwaves. Except that the colder he gets, the better he gets. Lumpy you a mercenary.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 6:00 PM, got_nugs said:

Tom Segura is fat.

yo this dude. man. I mean he's cool and I watch his stuff. And he and Kreisher have a good rapport (why Kreisher so aloof is it weed?) but Segura man. I tune into Twitter for the first time and dude post a gif of a man ... man I can't even say. Man I can't even say. If you see this you can never unsee it. Don't start your day with it. It's about five posts down his feed at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yo I got something to show you I just remembered.. I'll do it tomorrow or the next day. yo I got cash dot melton on insta if you wanna see all my creations but that has nothing to do with what I'm about to show you tomorrow. ok cheers brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 8:38 AM, lumpy19 said:

So when do we start betting on Trump to win the election?

+210 at BOL to win electoral college, lose popular vote. I think there's value there over taking ML at +130, no Republican ever wins the popular vote again IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mquinnjr said:

+210 at BOL to win electoral college, lose popular vote. I think there's value there over taking ML at +130, no Republican ever wins the popular vote again IMO.

got it at +240 yesterday :bowtie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mquinnjr said:

+210 at BOL to win electoral college, lose popular vote. I think there's value there over taking ML at +130, no Republican ever wins the popular vote again IMO.

 

34 minutes ago, Tiger Fan said:

got it at +240 yesterday :bowtie:

I think he loses both at this point.  Entire tide of pop-culture is going against him.  Which means my bets = trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

yo this dude. man. I mean he's cool and I watch his stuff. And he and Kreisher have a good rapport (why Kreisher so aloof is it weed?) but Segura man. I tune into Twitter for the first time and dude post a gif of a man ... man I can't even say. Man I can't even say. If you see this you can never unsee it. Don't start your day with it. It's about five posts down his feed at this point.

Wow.  Thanks for ruining my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 8:28 PM, hooter311 said:

I got laughed at for saying bitcoin was cool or some kind of nonsense....

 

Apparently there is something in this statement that is hilarious to an idiot:

 

Posted 22 hours ago

"profitable mining" has never been a reality with blockchain.  Miners are accumulating future expected values, not current ones.  Even 8 years ago (2 halvings), when I was involved, it cost roughly 3x the current market value at the time to mine in the U.S.  at the time btc was worth about $60.

 

The fact that there is a finite supply of btc is the motivation behind mining.  It has to be created so one day it will be worth more.

One huge aspect of btc that never gets talked about is that it takes counterfeiting out of the equation when it comes to transactions.  If had something of considerable value, btc is the only currency in the world I would feel comfortable exchanging it for.

Yesterday I had a guy show my his holdings in a crypto which is based entirely on the prediction of a psychic.  A psychic he heard a guy on youtube talk about.  The guy on youtube's friend heard it from this psychic.  And my dude bought the crypto.  Based on that.  He really wanted me to buy in as well.  He asked if I could live with myself if it blew up and I missed out.

I don't think I could live with myself if I bought it and it blew up, based on all that.  I need another shower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, facook said:

 

I think he loses both at this point.  Entire tide of pop-culture is going against him.  Which means my bets = trash.

He loses popular vote without a doubt.  Getting +240 was too good to pass up.  But what do I know, I lost boatloads on Hilary

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tiger Fan said:

He loses popular vote without a doubt.  Getting +240 was too good to pass up.  But what do I know, I lost boatloads on Hilary

Me too.  Worst gambling moment of my life, and it's not close.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, facook said:

Me too.  Worst gambling moment of my life, and it's not close.

Yep awful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Listening to the Ray Marino interview on be better bettors podcast, pretty interesting that bookmaker doesn't make their own line, knew they released to some for early action and line shaping but pretty wild that they don't have an in house linesmaker.

Thanks @regularguy for the heads up on this

Edited by lumpy19
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bryson hitting drives, must watch TV, my goodness this guy is a freak!  Amazing to me the mass he's added and it hasn't effected his short game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

Bryson hitting drives, must watch TV, my goodness this guy is a freak!  Amazing to me the mass he's added and it hasn't effected his short game.

Need to mix in a roid test with the covid tests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, facook said:

Me too.  Worst gambling moment of my life, and it's not close.

Rude hasn't even posted since that. I don't think once.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 1:47 PM, lumpy19 said:

Listening to the Ray Marino interview on be better bettors podcast, pretty interesting that bookmaker doesn't make their own line, knew they released to some for early action and line shaping but pretty wild that they don't have an in house linesmaker.

Thanks @regularguy for the heads up on this

I actually haven't listened to it yet.  Finally getting caught up on Bet the Process episodes.  I tagged you on this in light of the recent talk here about how Bookmaker ain't what it used to be.  That's pretty surprising though about not originating in-house.  I've considered them to be the sharpest book in my rotation (which doesn't include Cris or Pinny).   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 12:47 PM, lumpy19 said:

Listening to the Ray Marino interview on be better bettors podcast, pretty interesting that bookmaker doesn't make their own line, knew they released to some for early action and line shaping but pretty wild that they don't have an in house linesmaker.

Thanks @regularguy for the heads up on this

yep, that was the single best gambling podcast episode I've every listened to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.