What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cabo San Lucas ***Official Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Great info in here, 11 of us from college going for a golf trip in three weeks. Pain in the ### to get there and back from Boston but sounds like it will be worth it. 

and has anyone used the cabo passport card?
Yeah, once.  There are some decent restaurants on there but I find you spend too much time trying to make those restaurants work. It doesn't take much use to make it worth it, especially if you're doing activities.

Oh man. It's the ultimate boy's guys trip destination.....
We're all turning 50 this year, so going way more upscale than we've done for past trips. I mentioned it in passing to my wife a couple of months ago "Golf trip this year is in November, gonna try to make this one", intentionally downplaying it, and she was like "ok, whatever." She was talking to another one of the wives just last week, found out where it was, and said "wait...I didn't know you were going to Cabo...I wanna go to Cabo!" ..."Um, sorry, I told you two months ago...I'll see how it is and report bak, maybe we go another time." :unsure:

Staying in a ridiculous oceanfront villa in The Pedregal, playing a round each at Palmilla, Cabo del Sol and Cabo Real.

We're all turning 50 this year, so going way more upscale than we've done for past trips. I mentioned it in passing to my wife a couple of months ago "Golf trip this year is in November, gonna try to make this one", intentionally downplaying it, and she was like "ok, whatever." She was talking to another one of the wives just last week, found out where it was, and said "wait...I didn't know you were going to Cabo...I wanna go to Cabo!" ..."Um, sorry, I told you two months ago...I'll see how it is and report bak, maybe we go another time." :unsure:

Staying in a ridiculous oceanfront villa in The Pedregal, playing a round each at Palmilla, Cabo del Sol and Cabo Real.
We did the same. 13 of us for a 50th.  One of the best weekends of our lives.  Great courses (assuming you're playing Cabo Del Sol Ocean Course).  PM me if you want any insight. 

We'll be taking our first post-pandemic trip to Cabo in October.  Spending a week and staying at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos then Chileno Bay Resort with hotel points.  It's been 10 years since I've been there.  I've reviewed this thread and took some notes and I'll be hitting up the TripAdvisor forums as well to do some research with regards to excursions and restaurants.

Anybody been or have plans to go anytime soon?

Here now. Glorious! Played Greg Norman’s new course, Rancho San Lucas. One of my new favorites. Better than Quivira IMO. On the other side of Diamanté. 

Food is so good. Went to some favorites and tried some new ones. Love this place. They are on top of it with COVID. Masks, temperature checks etc but just to get in. 

Here now. Glorious! Played Greg Norman’s new course, Rancho San Lucas. One of my new favorites. Better than Quivira IMO. On the other side of Diamanté. 

Food is so good. Went to some favorites and tried some new ones. Love this place. They are on top of it with COVID. Masks, temperature checks etc but just to get in. 
Pro Tip: sunset dinner on the deck at Hacienda Concina😎disfruta mi amigo!

We'll be taking our first post-pandemic trip to Cabo in October.  Spending a week and staying at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos then Chileno Bay Resort with hotel points.  It's been 10 years since I've been there.  I've reviewed this thread and took some notes and I'll be hitting up the TripAdvisor forums as well to do some research with regards to excursions and restaurants.

Anybody been or have plans to go anytime soon?

Forgot I posted this awhile back.  Our trip in October was great.  If you want to splurge on your digs while in Cabo, staying at Las Ventanas is incredible.  Everything about it was top notch.  Our room was amazing with a huge outdoor covered patio and you could go up the stairs to a private sundeck.  And service was completely over-the-top.  At one point I went to adjust my wife's chair at the pool and an attendant literally sprinted over to do it for me, and when we were about to check-out I mentioned to my wife that I should probably call a bellman and not 5 seconds later there was a knock on the door.  I didn't even need to call - they had made a note when we checked in when our airport transfer was and planned accordingly.  It's those little things that separate good hotels from great ones.  They had live music in the evening at the main restaurant and the speakeasy nightclub was really fun too.  We saw NFL HOFer Tony Gonzalez at the pool and the speakeasy during our stay and apparently lots of celebrities stay at Las Ventanas as well.

My favorite spot in Cabo is a dive by the name of Sangria’s, hopefully its still around. 

My girlfriend and I are going in about a week for a one week stay. Any other recommendations for food and drink? We're looking for local and amazing instead of tourist traps. I'll make sure we get a reservation at Hacienda Concina. 

It'll be interesting to see how this differs from Puerto Vallarta. The food there was amazing.

How is Uber's service down there?

Heading back in 2 weeks. Staying at Casa Dorada. Trying some new restaurants. Will report back. Heard prices jacked up everywhere as expected. Oh well. Anybody been recently and have recommendations?

Heading back in 2 weeks. Staying at Casa Dorada. Trying some new restaurants. Will report back. Heard prices jacked up everywhere as expected. Oh well. Anybody been recently and have recommendations?
Yo. Not sure if I’ve mentioned before in the thread, but the farm to table restaurants in San Jose are can’t miss. Flora Farm, Acre, Tamarindo. Only challenge for you is that it’s a haul from San Lucas. We mostly stay toward San Jose these days. They’re all different and all amazing.

Yo. Not sure if I’ve mentioned before in the thread, but the farm to table restaurants in San Jose are can’t miss. Flora Farm, Acre, Tamarindo. Only challenge for you is that it’s a haul from San Lucas. We mostly stay toward San Jose these days. They’re all different and all amazing.
Thanks. Might be worth it for one dinner. Closest we came last trip was to Metate. It was excellent. I may gravitate to San Jose soon

Cabo is totally safe.....I recommend Salvatores for Italian...Tiki Bar on the Marina for Shrimp tacos....Drinks at the Echo Cat Bar on the Marina...ask for Bernie the Manager...tell em RamBrad sent ya

Users who are viewing this thread