What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Flex help! Dixon / Farrow / Watkins / Pryor (1 Viewer)

vanillahip

Footballguy
Probably the weakest team in playoffs but whatever! Need help with my flex guy please...

Starting lineup = QB , RB, WR, WR, TE, (Flex RB-WR-TE) , K , OFF , DEF

My roster =  QB's Russell Wilson / Sam Bradford (Started WIlson)

RB's Kenneth Dixon / Farrow / Dion Lewis (Booker and Micheal on taxi squad, "best FA is Ryan Matthews / Leon Washington or Paul Perkins) 

WR Emmanuel Sanders, Watkins, Pryor, Marvin Jones (Kelvin Benjamin on taxi squad, best FA is Desean Jackson)

K Hopkins or Vinatieri 

TE Gresham, Pitta

So far I'm thinking of starting: QB Wilson / RB Dixon / WR Sanders / WR Watkins / TE Gresham / Flex = ??/ K Hopkins

**** Having a hard time deciding on final flex spot between RB Farrow, WR Pryor, WR Marvin Jones or RB Dion Lewis. Should I swap out Dixon for Farrow? Too many choices!***

Any advice would be appreciated! I'll look at your questions too...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 point per 5 receiving yards (all positions)

3 pts per reception (all positions)

1 point per 2 yards rushing

-1 point per carry

5 points for TD

Last edited by a moderator:
**** Having a hard time deciding on final flex spot between RB Farrow, WR Pryor, WR Marvin Jones or RB Dion Lewis.

Any advice would be appreciated! I'll look at your questions too...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 point per 5 receiving yards (all positions)

3 pts per reception (all positions)

1 point per 2 yards rushing

-1 point per carry

5 points for TD
No offense but this is the oddest scoring I have ever seen in a PPR league. If i read it right, a WR with 5 catches for 50 yards get 65 points, a RB with 10 carrys for 60 yards gets 20 points, while any TD only counts for 5? Almost the opposite of a TD heavy league and not very QB friendly either.

Without seeing the league scoring per position I will have to make mostly general comments I would for any PPR league. I would throw out both Pryor and Lewis, because Pryor didn't do well with RG3 and I would never trust a Pats RB in a playoff game if I had any other viable options.

That leaves Farrow and Jones. Since your scoring seems to heavily favor receivers (which I could be wrong about) and Farrow may not be involved in the passing game that much, I would probably go with Jones, but I can't say much more than that due to my unfamiliarity with this scoring system.

5 catches = (5x3) 15 pts, 50 yards receiving = (50/5) 10 points so that player would get 25 points total.

10 rushes = -10 pts, 60 yards rushing = (60/2) 30 pts so total for that player = 20 points. Plus RB gets same PPR.

That's why I'm leaning towards RB for my flex due to the dump passes etc.. Dixon, Farrow and Lewis should score some if not most of their points with short passes.

In our league top RB's and WR's average 40 ish points per game, but the spread is wider with WR. (WR 50 avg 22.8 ppg, RB50 = 18.5) So in other words the position is roughly equal value on average.

I really don't understand the -1 pt per rush.  Seems like that is a huge detriment to any workhorse RB and rewards guys that are big play only. 

With Sproles and Smallwood injured Ryan Mathews might be a nice pickup to use as your RB1 this week.  If he is the only guy in town he might give you a nice day (if the carries don't knock too much off).  I wouldn't expect Farrow to get many dump offs.  He won't be used in passing situations because he can't protect the QB.  That will go to Hillman. 

Even though Pryor didn't do well last week with RG3 at the helm I think his upside is worth the risk based on your other choices.  I would put Pryor in the flex.

5 catches = (5x3) 15 pts, 50 yards receiving = (50/5) 10 points so that player would get 25 points total.

10 rushes = -10 pts, 60 yards rushing = (60/2) 30 pts so total for that player = 20 points. Plus RB gets same PPR.

That's why I'm leaning towards RB for my flex due to the dump passes etc.. Dixon, Farrow and Lewis should score some if not most of their points with short passes.

In our league top RB's and WR's average 40 ish points per game, but the spread is wider with WR. (WR 50 avg 22.8 ppg, RB50 = 18.5) So in other words the position is roughly equal value on average.
My bad, multiplication has never been my strong suit. :bag:

That said I still wouldn't trust a NE RB in a playoff game (with the possible exception of Blount) You know Farrow will probably be the lead back and worst case scenario, will be involved in no less than in some sort of RBBC. With a Belichick offense, we have no idea how he will utilize his RBs and Lewis could be heavily involved in the offense or not at all.  

I really don't understand the -1 pt per rush.  Seems like that is a huge detriment to any workhorse RB and rewards guys that are big play only. 

With Sproles and Smallwood injured Ryan Mathews might be a nice pickup to use as your RB1 this week.  If he is the only guy in town he might give you a nice day (if the carries don't knock too much off).  I wouldn't expect Farrow to get many dump offs.  He won't be used in passing situations because he can't protect the QB.  That will go to Hillman. 

Even though Pryor didn't do well last week with RG3 at the helm I think his upside is worth the risk based on your other choices.  I would put Pryor in the flex.
The -1 per rush was designed to equalize the scoring between RB's and WR's. It's really a dinosaur scoring system that our commish came up with about 22 years ago (we did all the scoring on Tuesday morning with paper pencil and newspaper!) We are so used to it after so long we just cram our old rules into whatever software we are using! (When I'm scouting RB's I use yards per carry to rank them)

I had Matthews until a couple weeks ago and I agree he's an option now...I just have a hard time trusting him or the Eagles running game against the Giants even without JPP. Hmmm Pryor over Farrow is tempting plus I'm a heavy underdog so I'll need to snag as much upside as I can....

The -1 per rush was designed to equalize the scoring between RB's and WR's. It's really a dinosaur scoring system that our commish came up with about 22 years ago (we did all the scoring on Tuesday morning with paper pencil and newspaper!) We are so used to it after so long we just cram our old rules into whatever software we are using! (When I'm scouting RB's I use yards per carry to rank them)

I had Matthews until a couple weeks ago and I agree he's an option now...I just have a hard time trusting him or the Eagles running game against the Giants even without JPP. Hmmm Pryor over Farrow is tempting plus I'm a heavy underdog so I'll need to snag as much upside as I can....
If you are a heavy underdog then Farrow would not be my choice.  He will not get enough touches and won't be used in passing situations limiting his upside.  Pryor would by my upside choice by quite a bit.

Yes I think that's what I am slowly coming to realize...I'm just going to have to toss the relatively safe Farrow and his 35 points and shoot for the moon and put Pryor in there. I hate putting my season in RGIII's hands but I really got lucky just making it so what the heck!

I play in a similar league where there is a deduction for carries. So ultimately YPC is more valuable than simple yardage. Ultimately, workhorse RBs aren't really penalized in this system as long as they average at least 2 YPC. Seems reasonable to me. Gives a bit of a more realistic feel. 

Decision so far: (Starters in BOLD)

QB Wilson

RB Dixon, Farrow, Dion Lewis 

WR E. Sanders, S. Watkins, T. Pryor, Marvin Jones, Kelvin Benched-amin

TE Gresham, Pitta

K Hopkins, Vinatieri (distance bonus, severe penalty for missed ep and short field goals)

My team is so marginal! I'm stuck!

I think it all boils down to how big of a passing day are we likely to see in Buffalo in the winter? Should I sub Farrow for Watkins or Pryor? I can't get a handle on the upside of Farrow here...Not to mention I heard Gresham hasn't been practicing...

I like Pryor's big play ability in this weekend against Buffalo. 

San Diego is talking about a split backfield with Farrow & Hillman. If they fall behind it could be a lot of dump offs to Hillman. 

No way in Hell I put my playoff chances in RG -3s hands during my playoffs.  Pryor wouldn't sniff my lineup.  

That being said your statement about you being the weakest team in the playoffs acknowledges that you need to take some risks.  And Desean is the ultimate in risk reward.  And say what you want about him but he loves the spotlight.  I'd wager my playoffs on him having a big game on MNF before I'd trust anyone on the Browns in poor weather.  

That was much ado about nothing wasn't it!  Lewis may have had 10 pts but other than Dixons lucky td run saving his day the rest of them all laid a huge egg.   What an odd fantasy playoff weekend.  

Users who are viewing this thread