What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings Tourney Payout Structures suck ***official thread*** (1 Viewer)

Joe T

Footballguy
I have mostly played at Fanduel because I like some of the league formats better there, but have been playing a bit more recently at Draftkings.  This weekend, I knew I was having a very good week at both sites having several of the players that went off in many of my lineups.

At DraftKings, I entered 16 tournaments and cashed in all of them for the first time ever.  The problem is, I didn't even double my entry fees.  For example, if I entered $100 in entry fees I would have only won a net $80 of profit.  Some of the tourneys I finished pretty high too, not just barely in the money in all of them.  I would expect at a minimum to double my money if I make the money in a tourney, but that is never the case at Draftkings.

So my question is this.  Has the payout structure always been like this on Draftkings or is this something new this year?  They payout structure seems much better in the tournament format at FanDuel.

Thoughts appreciated.

I have mostly played at Fanduel because I like some of the league formats better there, but have been playing a bit more recently at Draftkings.  This weekend, I knew I was having a very good week at both sites having several of the players that went off in many of my lineups.

At DraftKings, I entered 16 tournaments and cashed in all of them for the first time ever.  The problem is, I didn't even double my entry fees.  For example, if I entered $100 in entry fees I would have only won a net $80 of profit.  Some of the tourneys I finished pretty high too, not just barely in the money in all of them.  I would expect at a minimum to double my money if I make the money in a tourney, but that is never the case at Draftkings.

So my question is this.  Has the payout structure always been like this on Draftkings or is this something new this year?  They payout structure seems much better in the tournament format at FanDuel.

Thoughts appreciated.
I have found that it's a give and take between the two sites.  I think the DK payouts are more top-heavy and it seems like the bottom end of the payouts is more like hitting a 50/50 and you don't double your money.  However, when I look into it, they seem to pay a higher % of entries in the tournaments.  I have been in a few Oakheart gpps and the like on FD this year that only pay out the top 18% or so, and most of the time I look on DK it's more on the lines of 26-28%.  So from my anecdotal evidence, it seems like they pay less at the bottom, but you are more likely to hit the cash lines. 

If we are talking the big tourneys, I feel the same on both sites.  I have been in the top 1/2% on FD 3-4 times this year and felt like I had a good score only to look and see that I got about $6 from my $1 entry.  Not sure if the same applies to the gpps with less entries. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread