What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stratmish? New DFS game? (1 Viewer)

Never heard of this until your post, and the format does seem interesting.  However, it's probably not a great measure of FF skill.  It's basically a math puzzle game where an optimal strategy will be discovered (probably relatively early so getting in early would have some value... get in too late an you'd have no chance).

Strategy would be something like this:
1) Determine Average score needed to finish in top 4

2) When each team is displayed bid so that you will finish in top 4 (if score isn't high enough, just pass)

3) ???

4) Profit!

But there really isn't any value it signing up now since you can't play until Jan 1... I don't understand how this is going to be turned into individual state lotteries or whatever if they don't get enough people signed up by Jan 1.

They claim they are so unique and FD and DK have a failing system.  Why can't I just play "Double Up" on FD for 10-15 weeks in a row starting with $2 entry and have the same results as this if I finish in the money each time.  Am I missing something?

They claim they are so unique and FD and DK have a failing system.  Why can't I just play "Double Up" on FD for 10-15 weeks in a row starting with $2 entry and have the same results as this if I finish in the money each time.  Am I missing something?
The weekly multiplier would be the same, but the games are totally different. I'm not a shill for this company but here is the format for selecting your teams: http://www.stratmish.org/Rules.aspx

ETA: my summary for the scoring system and roster selection... you play against 11 other people and bid on full rosters that are selected by the site.  You big from 1 to 100% and the winning bid is the lowest!  Then, the percent that you bid is applied to the final score of the team as a throttle (so if you bid 50% and the team scored 100 fantasy points, you would get 50 points).  Also, these games are not based on future fantasy match ups... instead they are based on average fantasy points scored.

As I said, I think it's interesting and different, but it also seems like it would be pretty easy to devise an optimal strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not apples to apples but, a $10 Statmish entry pays $20 to finish in the top 40%.  A fan duel double up pays the top 44-45%

Users who are viewing this thread