What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (18 Viewers)

Agreed. The Vikings are a tough matchup and they'll have gotten a good look at the Nagy offense twice. Way rather see Philly or Seattle.

If the Eagles lose its irrelevant though.
If that happens, then the Eagles didn't deserve the playoffs. I can't see them losing to Josh Johnson. 

Btw, go Bears! Beat those Vikings and we'll see you in Chicago in 2 weeks.

Agreed. The Vikings are a tough matchup and they'll have gotten a good look at the Nagy offense twice. Way rather see Philly or Seattle.

Not remotely worried about the Vikings. I'd prefer the Bears to rest a few guys for at least a half this week. 

If the Bears choose to sit their starters, essentially giving the Vikings the game and the 6th seed, there is no way they run an offense that would give them any insight into what they would be looking to do the first round of the playoffs.  

ditka...mike ditka said:
If the Bears choose to sit their starters, essentially giving the Vikings the game and the 6th seed, there is no way they run an offense that would give them any insight into what they would be looking to do the first round of the playoffs.  
They gotta run something. Sure it wont have bells and whistles, but theyll get a look at some things. Oline will play.

Didn’t need the game after all but we still dominated and put the Vikes out of their misery. 

Bring on Philly!!

Way to snuff the life out of MIN.  Good dominating performance.  Heard we had some injuries but just now catching up from a long weekend off the grid.

Parkey still sucks.

Ready for #clubdub!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sources to ESPN: Raiders and Bears have an agreement in place to trade Khalil Mack to Chicago. Still working through it, but Raiders now planning to send Mack to Chicago.

7:39 AM · Sep 1, 2018
"

Got a feeling that Mack will be putting the hurt on Foles sore ribs next week.  Congratulations to bears fans, you represent our division with excellent play!

How ‘bout my main man, Wims?  Couple of clutch catches to extend drives.  Sucks that he only gets time when multiple WRs are dinged.

How ‘bout my main man, Wims?  Couple of clutch catches to extend drives.  Sucks that he only gets time when multiple WRs are dinged.
He’s going to be good. Nice big target too. For a second I thought Martellus Bennet was out there.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
The thirty-year anniversary of the "Fog Bowl" is tomorrow (December 31st 1988). I remember that game so well. Mike Tomczak was the Bears QB. Randall Cunningham threw for over four hundred yards..but no touchdowns.

• Smile
Good ol’ T.F. North T-czak.  Then Montana & Rice destroyed us at home the following week even with McMahon back in action.

Which somewhat drives the point that one of the biggest reasons why we were only able to win one SB in the 80s was due to McMahon not staying healthy.

Anyway, about that Fog Bowl...

https://youtu.be/jS7fDu87yR0

The old Jordan Howard is back, fellas. And just in time! I think Long only played part of the first half to ease back in. OL is so much better with him playing.  Eddie and Arob will back next week, too! 

Defense allowed 2 TDs over the last 4 weeks and one of those was gifted to the Vikings today with multiple bad calls in a row. Trubisky has played better and better. One key third down after another. The Bears are peaking at the exact right time. 

Surprised that any Bears fans would prefer to see Philly over Minn next week. Eagles are the far hotter team and more then capable of giving the Bears a very difficult time.

I was surprised to see Nagy continue to go for the W after the half, but as an Eagles fan was also very glad! Eagles playing with house money at this point after all the injuries and problems this year. No negative feelings for the Bears...honestly happy to see you guys do so well, really like the team you've got going on up there. If the Eagles fall, I'll likely be rooting for the Bears going forward in these playoffs. Lets hope for a good game next week!

Surprised that any Bears fans would prefer to see Philly over Minn next week. Eagles are the far hotter team and more then capable of giving the Bears a very difficult time.

I was surprised to see Nagy continue to go for the W after the half, but as an Eagles fan was also very glad! Eagles playing with house money at this point after all the injuries and problems this year. No negative feelings for the Bears...honestly happy to see you guys do so well, really like the team you've got going on up there. If the Eagles fall, I'll likely be rooting for the Bears going forward in these playoffs. Lets hope for a good game next week!
I'm for the Bears winning every game. They're better than the Vikings and Eagles so I expect them to beat both. Anything can happen, though. 

Taking a step back a bit to look at how this team was before and has evolved since Nagy was brought in.

Beforehand, team morale was extremely low.  Players said the right things the past few years, but it was often just wishful thinking and felt hollow, to be honest.  Zero killer instinct and loser mentality.

Nagy comes in and brings a fresh aspect we haven’t seen since Ditka.  Meshed old school with modern schemes.

As they progressed each week, many players started speaking using Nagyisms.  Clear signs that they bought into his mentality and approach.

Never got too down after losses where one or even two phases completely failed (GB, MIA, NE, NYG).  Brush it off, next game.

Going down the stretch, everyone has had this quiet confidence that they can and will execute effectively enough to finish, all while giving respect to their opponents.

Nagy has made the offense near the EZ fun again, using defensive players to throw defenses off, which is a credit to his creativity.  They are just scratching the surface as an offense.

Trub has really sharpened up his efficiency the last few weeks and has limited turnovers, with some good fortune thrown in.  He’s not chucking the ball downfield unnecessarily and is actually reading defenses rather effectively.

A few weeks ago, Vic said what he likes about Eddie Jackson is that he doesn’t panic.  The same could be said about the entire team.  They don’t get flustered much and are resilient.  Even with double-digit deficits late against the Pats and Giants, they had the resolve to fight back.

Remember, this is less than 1 year into the Nagy regime and the turnaround has been quietly impressive.  It’s the sign of a great generational coach and as long as the players stay vested, this team can be very successful for many seasons to come.

Bear down!

You shouldn’t be.  That means we would’ve lost and confidence would’ve been shaken.  Rather play the best performing team.  We don’t want an easy path.  I like the “you play to win the game” mentality Nagy has instilled.  MIN was a popular pick to rep the NFC in the bowl.  Cousins has massively cratered and kicking Flip to the curb has produced little improvement.

Nagy said him and Pederson know each other very well, so it will be interesting to see the chess match.

Philly has been whipping on us pretty good the past few years and some of us haven’t forgotten about 2001.  I’d say payback is long overdue.

This team goes for the throat but puts opponents in sleeper holds rather than slashing.  Best way I can succinctly describe how this team operates under Nagy.

Strangely comforting.

You shouldn’t be.  That means we would’ve lost and confidence would’ve been shaken.  Rather play the best performing team.  We don’t want an easy path.  I like the “you play to win the game” mentality Nagy has instilled.  MIN was a popular pick to rep the NFC in the bowl.  Cousins has massively cratered and kicking Flip to the curb has produced little improvement.

Nagy said him and Pederson know each other very well, so it will be interesting to see the chess match.

Philly has been whipping on us pretty good the past few years and some of us haven’t forgotten about 2001.  I’d say payback is long overdue.
I've been trying to explain this to my fellow Eagle fans all week. The Bears may have lost to the Vikings but it wouldn't have been because they were afraid to play the Eagles. That's just a silly notion.

Giving a divisional foe a mulligan in week 17 would not sit well with us.  Lovie Smith did that in 2010 and it bit us in the a$$.

So no, Nagy wasn’t letting this team coast.  Putting MIN away was the proper play.  Quality road win against a team that had 33 sacks at home and had to win.  We hadn’t won there since 2012.  Lots to achieve in revitalizing this franchise.

Gase gone (somewhat unexpected).  Wilks gone (expected).  Bowles gone (overdue).  Joseph gone (not unexpected).  Lewis gone (finally).

Running game taking off and Mitch with no turnovers the last 3 games. Just sliced up the best 3rd down D in the league statistically. 

• Smile
Love how the Bears have built this team.  Seems like everyone else is trying to score 40 points a game, the Bears have invested in a killer defense that no one else has.  It’s going to be fun to see how far the Bears go in the playoffs!

Great breakdown from Baldinger. 

.@ChicagoBears @Mtrubisky10 could someone please bump this throw to TRUBISKY’s resume reel. The @Vikings came into week 17 with an @NFL leading 50 sacks and left bounced out of the playoffs with 50 sacks. #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/dQKQwXOxFl

.@ChicagoBears who can stop the So Side of Chitown connection of Trubisky2 Kwiatkoski. Football is fun again thanks to my choice for COY, #MattNagy. #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/eAhzzu5NRS

.@ChicagoBears and #MattNagy and #MarkHelfrich with the #DominosPizza Playbook. What hour in what night did they dream this formation up in?   #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/2K6JKKoa6d

.@ChicagoBears #JamesDaniels can move mountains. Amazing what can happen when you stay low; snap your hips; and bring your feet with you. @HawkeyeFootball and #KirkFerentz teaches the fundamentals as well as anyone in CFB. #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/3PuouOwC2T

.@ChicagoBears @TGdadon1 can run with or by anyone in the @NFL . Critical play here on 3-7 to stick a serrated fork in the heart of the @Vikings playoff hopes.  #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/XW8udGXqKu

.@ChicagoBears mauled the @Vikings and broke their sword . Look at what #AdamShaheen does at the POA. This is “Masterpiece Theatre”. A coaches dream to move the LOS 1 step at a time. I nominate #Harry Hiestand for Mayor of Chicago. #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/QWnzh19d07

.@ChicagoBears with a new brand of power football. @Ky1eLong looks like he missed knocking hogs around and now possess a powerful run blocking OL. Let the playoffs begin.  #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/SNrX2sVB1y

• Smile
What’s interesting is that crooked digit Baldy has often been a naysayer for this team, but these breakdowns have been great to see from a “big ugly” perspective. Love his Grabowskian way of describing things.  Should’ve been a Bear.

MIA & DEN have asked permission to interview Vic for their head coach vacancies.  By rule they have to wait, but I’d tell them to piss off.  Vic loves it here and I don’t feel he really wants the responsibility of the full gig.

Love how the Bears have built this team.  Seems like everyone else is trying to score 40 points a game, the Bears have invested in a killer defense that no one else has.  It’s going to be fun to see how far the Bears go in the playoffs!
To hear anyone say this about the Bears doesn't feel real. So many years of futility and blown drafts. 

Only 4 teams have Led NFL Outright in Scoring Defense & Takeaways Since 1970 Merger
                              Playoff Result
2018 Bears                   ?
2013 Seahawks    Won Super Bowl
2000 Ravens        Won Super Bowl
1985 Bears           Won Super Bowl

Only 4 teams have Led NFL Outright in Scoring Defense & Takeaways Since 1970 Merger
                              Playoff Result
2018 Bears                   ?
2013 Seahawks    Won Super Bowl
2000 Ravens        Won Super Bowl
1985 Bears           Won Super Bowl
Bears win 27-10.  I see no way Foles even finishes the game.  I'm really happy for the Bears & especially their fans.  Job well done.

Don't have a dog in this postseason show but like the Bears to make a run to the NFC Championship game. Eagles will be stubborn but Bears D will win it.

I actually think going to LA the Bears will put up at least 30 and Trubinsky will have a big game,the D will make a play late and on to New Orleans.

This is the tough one for me,Saints will be tough at home a step away from The Super Bowl,more experience on The Saints side and think they'll win a close one.

Don't have a dog in this postseason show but like the Bears to make a run to the NFC Championship game. Eagles will be stubborn but Bears D will win it.

I actually think going to LA the Bears will put up at least 30 and Trubinsky will have a big game,the D will make a play late and on to New Orleans.

This is the tough one for me,Saints will be tough at home a step away from The Super Bowl,more experience on The Saints side and think they'll win a close one.
This is a very fair assessment. 

Users who are viewing this thread