What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official NY Giants @ Green Bay WC Game Thread (1 Viewer)

I think the Giants D will do enough to slow Rodgers down and Eli will squeak one out.  Who covers OBJ?
Hope you are right.

No one guy can cover OBJ but they will scheme to try to keep him in check. The bigger question for the Giants offense is will the OL give Eli time to find OBJ and will Eli be accurate enough to take advantage if/when they do.

It looks like Perkins is going to be the lead back in the playoffs. He has been pretty good the last few weeks.

The defense is playing well and are healthy on the back end. They will miss JPP in this game because getting pressure on Mr. Rodgers without blitzing is a must.

I was at Lambeau the night Plaxico Buress was unstoppable and again in 2011 when Hakeem Nicks could not be covered, so,I guess I'll have to drive up again on Sunday to see what this Beckhamn kid can do. 

I was at Lambeau the night Plaxico Buress was unstoppable and again in 2011 when Hakeem Nicks could not be covered, so,I guess I'll have to drive up again on Sunday to see what this Beckhamn kid can do. 
As a Packer fan, please don't. Doesn't seem like the Packers have a very good track record with you in attendance.

I hope the Bears organization continues to share that disdain.  Clearly they would have massively benefitted over the years had they not.  Had they not they might have stolen any of the personnel now GM'ing the Seahawks, Raiders, or Chiefs.  Had they not they might have the Giants coach instead of Fox.  I hope they continue to turn their nose up at what is happening in that tiny town up North that continues to set standards of which they can only dream.  Not only are the Packers in the playoffs for the 8th year in a row, their organizational family is also in the playoffs this year in four other situations.

Calling out Giants fan:

How will Jordy do vs Giants DB's?

Of all the home teams, I think GB might be the one to lose, Giants D looks that good right now.

Calling out Giants fan:

How will Jordy do vs Giants DB's?

Of all the home teams, I think GB might be the one to lose, Giants D looks that good right now.
From ESPN: "Jenkins did a good job against Nelson the first time around when the Pro Bowl receiver was held to four catches for 38 yards and a touchdown on 11 targets."

I'll sign up for that.  Plus that was when the Giants' D was not playing near the level they have been.

I hope the Bears organization continues to share that disdain.  Clearly they would have massively benefitted over the years had they not.  Had they not they might have stolen any of the personnel now GM'ing the Seahawks, Raiders, or Chiefs.  Had they not they might have the Giants coach instead of Fox.  I hope they continue to turn their nose up at what is happening in that tiny town up North that continues to set standards of which they can only dream.  Not only are the Packers in the playoffs for the 8th year in a row, their organizational family is also in the playoffs this year in four other situations.
The Bears will never succeed. 

It seems there's a big supply of tickets right now. Purely anecdotal, but I think anyone wanting to go to Lambeau on Sunday should have no trouble getting in for face value.

Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:
From ESPN: "Jenkins did a good job against Nelson the first time around when the Pro Bowl receiver was held to four catches for 38 yards and a touchdown on 11 targets."

I'll sign up for that.  Plus that was when the Giants' D was not playing near the level they have been.
Jordy wasn't exactly up to speed then yet either.

game should be fun and GB may have to win shootouts with this secondary.

Also the Pack cannot let Eli have time to pick the D apart.  Playing coverage to help the corners sounds great, but given time any QB can beat you and with those weapons, Eli can shred them.

flapgreen said:
The Bears will never succeed. 
Buck up Flap.  You are depressed after every season, nearly hopeless, but not like this.  Maybe you can take heart that Virginia McCaskey is in her 90's and can't live forever.  (Though she does look good for her age.)

I just finished a 6-team playoff draft and we ended up with 4 NYG players (Perkins, Jennings, Beckham, and Shepard). I can't believe it. It just happened that way. Two Patriots (Brady and Edelman), and three Seahawks (Graham, Hauschka, and SEA D).

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought we would have 4 Giant players and 0 Packers. I like GB, but rooting for NY now.

Big Blue Wrecking Crew said:

That was also when Nelson was working on getting back to his old form.  He wasn't his old self till probably mid-season or so. 

Eli has been awful all year and there run game is really bad.
Eli has been horrible all season long yet they managed to win 11 games.

The last 3 weeks the running game has gotten up to serviceable.

Perkins has been getting more involved

Vs Det 11 carries for 56 yards

Vs Phi 15 carries for 68 yards

Vs Was 21 carries for 102 yards

Viking fan here (ugh) so no dog in this fight even though I detest the Packers.

I firmly believe the winner of this game represents the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Eli has been horrible all season long yet they managed to win 11 games.

The last 3 weeks the running game has gotten up to serviceable.

Perkins has been getting more involved

Vs Det 11 carries for 56 yards

Vs Phi 15 carries for 68 yards

Vs Was 21 carries for 102 yards
Perkins doesn't break tackles or have high end speed, but he has good vision and elusiveness. I think he and Jennings will be used in the passing game more.

NY giants defense has been playing lights out for several weeks now.  As well as the Giants have been playing, they need to establish a formidable pass rush against AR.  They need to find a way contain him.  Much easier said than done, I know.  This Giants team is not the same team that faced the Pack in week 5.  They went into this game with Darkwa and Rainey as their starting RB.  That duo should not instill fear for any defense.  Eli Apple exited that game early in the first half, as a matter of fact I think he went out in the first quarter.  Oliver Vernon was still playing with a broken hand, and I believe Snacks missed the first two defensive series after getting banged up. Less not forget that DRC also played the majority of that game with a groin injury.

What has not changed is the Giants offensive line.  That being said, I do NOT see it changing for this weekends game either.  The Green bay pass rush was able to get pressure on ELI on almost 50% of his drop backs.  To make matters worse, they were able to do this only rushing four lineman and hardly blitzing.  The GB defense basically played in their nickle and dime packages.  That NY Giants RB's ran for 43 yards.  Capers called a great defensive game daring the Giants running game to beat them.  If the NY Giants running game has a repeat of that week 5 game, it will be a long afternoon for Eli and co.  GB pass rush is no joke!!

In any case,  GO BLUE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how this one plays out, Giants seem to have Green bays number in the playoffs, 2-0 last two AT Lambeau. Eli has beaten both Favre and Rodgers AT Lambeau.

I don't have a warm fuzzy about this game. Green Bays Defensive Backfield is decimated. Beckham could go off for 250yds

Can't wait to watch this game. Watching Collins, Apple, DRC, and Jenkins has been fun over these past four or five weeks. 

These guys can flat out ball, as can Rodgers and Nelson. 

Cobb can, too, when healthy. Just should be an interesting game. 

The Giants OL stinks, though. 

My bet is you see a heavy dose of Jared Cook and Ty Montgomery. That would be the matchups in Green Bay's favor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the 2007 NFC Championship game. It's available on Youtube, commercial-free. What a game.

This Giants team is very similar to that team with one glaring exception: they can't run the ball the way Brandon Jacobs and Bradshaw could run. Paul Perkins is getting better and better, he did top 100 yards last week, but unless he arrives in the playoffs, this Giants team will have a hard time winning out like that 2007 team did.

Not sure how this one plays out, Giants seem to have Green bays number in the playoffs, 2-0 last two AT Lambeau. Eli has beaten both Favre and Rodgers AT Lambeau.

I don't have a warm fuzzy about this game. Green Bays Defensive Backfield is decimated. Beckham could go off for 250yds
Agreed.  I think it fully depends on which Eli shows up.  Good Eli and the Pack is in big trouble.  Thankfully good Eli hasn't been around much this year...probably means he's due.

My bet is you see a heavy does of Jared Cook and Ty Montgomery. That would be the matchups in Green Bay's favor. 
[SIZE=9pt]As a Giants fan I am really worried about those two guys especially Montgomery coming out of the backfield [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Covering TE and RB has been a weakness all season long for the Giants [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]As a Giants fan I am really worried about those two guys especially Montgomery coming out of the backfield [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Covering TE and RB has been a weakness all season long for the Giants [/SIZE]
+1 

couldnt agree more.  

Right. Cook has been pretty good since he made it back from his injury. And Montgomery has some WR skills. Those are the matchups they'll look to exploit. This will be Green Bay's emphasis. How New York handles this will go a long way in determining the game. I also wonder how Green Bay plans to work in Cobb when Geronimo Allison has been playing well lately.

SIG BETS! Oh, wait.

Anyways, I'll be there. Anyone else? I'll take a pm and I'll try to find you and we'll have a beer or 6. Or we'll have booze. Whatevs. I'll be the guy all bundled up in camo. 

Users who are viewing this thread