What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bald Spot is Getting Laaaaaaaarger--What Works? (1 Viewer)

Homer J Simpson

I don't push
While my luscious locks remain thick and luxurious, the bald spot on top is getting out of hand.

Rogaine is the only one I know by name...does it work or what? I figured some of you fat old bastards have tried to fight losing your locks, so please advice.

Feel your pain man. 

Thinning a little in front and a spot in back. Probably have two-three years before I go full on Bruce Willis. 

Should I go full bald? just don't possess the dexterity to shave my head

While my luscious locks remain thick and luxurious, the bald spot on top is getting out of hand.

Rogaine is the only one I know by name...does it work or what? I figured some of you fat old bastards have tried to fight losing your locks, so please advice.
Hat

There's Propecia but it irreversibly shrinks your weiner. 

Just shave it. 
I can vouch for Propecia. My hair began thinning and I started developing a bald spot at 19. I began taking Propecia then. Twenty years later, taking 1 mg each night of finasteride (the ingredient of Propecia, but by mid-20s I switched to generic from overseas rather than paying the ridiculous prices for Propecia; now an entire year's worth costs me about $85), I have less of a bald spot than I did at 19. My hair line is a little higher, but I still have a full head of hair. In comparison, my brother who is five years younger didn't take Propecia and two years ago he underwent hair transplant surgery. I've never noticed any side effects.

Flat top. It makes the bald spot less obvious.

KURT: How long do I have?

GEORGE (solemnly): 14 months. Maybe 10.

KURT: Is there anything I can do?

GEORGE: Yes. Live, dammit. Live! Every precious moment as if this was the last year of your life. Because in many ways...it is.

I tried Rogaine about 15 years ago.  Made my head itch like crazy.  It has been a race between gray and bald ever since with both making big gains.  

I'll be 58 next month and married for 34+ years, who am I trying to impress?   I told my wife I was just going to shave it all and she emphatically said no, so if she's okay with it as-is then so am I.   

Once my bald spot reached Yamaka like proportions I shaved my head. Hair went out in a blaze of glory though as I used the opportunity to do a St. Baldricks fundraiser.

I tried Rogaine about 15 years ago.  Made my head itch like crazy.  It has been a race between gray and bald ever since with both making big gains.  

I'll be 58 next month and married for 34+ years, who am I trying to impress?   I told my wife I was just going to shave it all and she emphatically said no, so if she's okay with it as-is then so am I.   
Same here, tried the foam, had to stop from the itching. Which caused me to lose even more than where I'd been when I'd started it. :thumbdown:

I can vouch for Propecia. My hair began thinning and I started developing a bald spot at 19. I began taking Propecia then. Twenty years later, taking 1 mg each night of finasteride (the ingredient of Propecia, but by mid-20s I switched to generic from overseas rather than paying the ridiculous prices for Propecia; now an entire year's worth costs me about $85), I have less of a bald spot than I did at 19. My hair line is a little higher, but I still have a full head of hair. In comparison, my brother who is five years younger didn't take Propecia and two years ago he underwent hair transplant surgery. I've never noticed any side effects.
Propecia user here.  About 1.5 years in.  Don't notice any regrowth but it seems to have stabilized the hair loss.  The generic version, Finasteride, is free at Sam's Club if you have a premium member account ($100 per year).  I will say that it's affected my libido a bit.  

I would ask Peter Brady.

and the weiner?

How old are you guys when you are going bald? Im 34, am in the clear or is there still possible trouble to come? 

I've got a couple bald spots on the back of my head.  I finally got horrified enough of the pictures to just buzz cut it.  I started at a 2, went to a 1, then with no guard.  Now I just started the full on shave a few weeks ago.  I actually love not having to do mess with hair.  I don't think I'd go back even if they came up with something that would regrow it.

Users who are viewing this thread