What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL CLOSED Player #4 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank fourth in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standard

• David Johnson

Votes: 51 68.0%
  • Leveon Bell

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Antonio Brown

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Todd Gurley

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • AJ Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Julio Jones

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • TY Hilton

• Amari Cooper

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other (Provide name in reply so i can add it)

• Total voters
I would have taken David Johnson last round so he is still my pick.  He has been incredible since put in the starting role and is very young.  In a start 2 RB format I have a hard time taking any WR before him.  This position has very few studs in modern day NFL.

Just a reminder to submit names that you think should be added to the list as players get selected.

I am gonna try to go one poll a day (except maybe on weekends) but I want to keep each poll open until we get at least 50 votes.  If everyone can stop by for a second each day and click on a name, we should be able to get the top 60-70 assets (at least) prior to the NFL draft.

An intro to those reading this thread without reading the priors three, the goal is for us to identify the market value of each player for dynasty.  We think this is more useful than a mock draft, where only one owners opinion can totally skew the value/relevance of the results.

Devontae Freeman should be added although I doubt people view him highly.  He should be up there in the top10 though.  

I would have taken David Johnson last round so he is still my pick.  He has been incredible since put in the starting role and is very young.  In a start 2 RB format I have a hard time taking any WR before him.  This position has very few studs in modern day NFL.
As of this post DJ is running about 10 to 1 in votes over Bell. Why the disparity? Serious question, why is DJ valued so much more than Bell? You referenced youth, they are really close enough to each other to call it a tie but Bell is a few months younger. In terms of performance Bell only gave you 12 games to DJ's 16 but Bell was actually slightly better in points per game and did so averaging half a TD per game less. Bell has impending contract situation but that should work out fine and the cast around him looks strong for a few years, Arizona seems down to one more year of Palmer.

I'm not trying to argue why someone likes DJ over Bell, just curious and frankly stunned at the wide gap between the two.

Personally I've not voted for either in my top 4, but they are next or would be if if they are still in the voting.

As of this post DJ is running about 10 to 1 in votes over Bell. Why the disparity? Serious question, why is DJ valued so much more than Bell? You referenced youth, they are really close enough to each other to call it a tie but Bell is a few months younger. In terms of performance Bell only gave you 12 games to DJ's 16 but Bell was actually slightly better in points per game and did so averaging half a TD per game less. Bell has impending contract situation but that should work out fine and the cast around him looks strong for a few years, Arizona seems down to one more year of Palmer.

I'm not trying to argue why someone likes DJ over Bell, just curious and frankly stunned at the wide gap between the two.

Personally I've not voted for either in my top 4, but they are next or would be if if they are still in the voting.
For me it's easy.  I don't feel comfortable with the drug suspensions from Bell.  I doubt I will vote for Bell at all in the polls.  Not because he isn't vote worthy.  I just suspect the community would put him on their roster much higher than I would.  He get's a major ding for the suspensions in my rankings.

For me it's easy.  I don't feel comfortable with the drug suspensions from Bell.  I doubt I will vote for Bell at all in the polls.  Not because he isn't vote worthy.  I just suspect the community would put him on their roster much higher than I would.  He get's a major ding for the suspensions in my rankings.
ok, thanks for quick answer. I guess it makes sense if that is the reason. Fact he is in the protocol is big, I just never thought of him as like a Gordon or a Bryant but maybe I'm naive enough to believe he's just been missing tests and not avoiding them.

I like Bell more than Johnson, because I think he's a better player, in a better organization, and who knows what Palmer's future is, and we've seen that offense completely fall aprt without him.

We just need a few more votes to get our minimum 50. Please take a moment and look at the names and pick the one you think is the fourth rated dynasty asset.

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ by a little over bell

You could add Freeman, but I don't think anyone not listed should get many votes in the top 10. 

menobrown said:

FWIW I have Bell 5th and Johnson 2nd but they are both part of the same tier of players.

The risk of suspension is a serious concern and the main difference between the two players as far as their long term potential I think. If Bell misses a year because of that in the future.

Bell has four seasons in the NFL so far. RB tend to have their best seasons in their first six years in the league. He has two more of those left, so missing one of them would be a pretty big hit to his overall value.

Users who are viewing this thread