What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joe Mixon, HOU (4 Viewers)

In the 3 games that he’s been active this season—he’s averaging 23 touches per game, 117 total yards per game, and 0.66 td per game.  If the dude can stay on the field he is going to make his fantasy owners very happy.  

In a Hypothetical Redraft

His fake team

Miller 

Kelce

Golliday

for my nonexistent

Mixon

Ebron

Coultee

what to do? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm RB heavy(Gurley, Ingram), He's Rooster heavy
I think a good TE is a big advantage, especially this yr so far. Kelce is huge.

I'm a Golladay fan.

Ebron is no slouch.

Tough one. I'd probably stand pat, if Mixon can stay healthy he might be top 10.

Wrigley said:
In a Hypothetical Redraft

His fake team

Miller 

Kelce

Golliday

for my nonexistent

Mixon

Ebron

Coultee

what to do? 
I own and am really high on how aggressive Mixon is with his decisions and contact. And the coaches are not shy about calling his number. I think there is a good chance he finishes the year with 21-24 ppg average. Ingram will be more volatile so I see equally high ceiling, but significantly lower floor than mix. Miller is jag, and could easily lose opportunity as the season drags on. 

I expect more tds and yards from KG + Kelce and more receptions from Ebron + Coultee, so in ppr you would be giving up more than non ppr. 

In nonppr I think it's nearly a push and would go with the players I would have more fun following. In ppr, I don't make the trade. 

In either case, I would consider countering with Ingram replacing Mixon in the trade. 

Mixon is out there snatching balls out of the air with one hand in an effort to force the Bengals' coaching staff to stop pulling him off the field on third downs.

Joe Mixon rushed 11 times for 61 yards while catching two passes for 24 yards in Sunday's Week 10 loss to the Saints.

Mixon started the day hot, touching the ball five times on the opening drive of the game for 42 total yards, then was hardly heard from again. The 13 touches for Mixon were his fewest in a game on the season as the Bengals worked Giovani Bernard back into the lineup and then let the game get completely away from them. Mixon will look for a better day in Week 11, but will run into a tough task on the road in Baltimore.

Nov 11 - 4:08 PM

Joe Mixon (knee) was limited at Thursday's practice.

He was not listed on Wednesday's injury report. Mixon may have aggravated a knee injury he suffered earlier this year. It's too early to speculate on his status for Sunday's game in Baltimore, though late-week additions to the injury report are never a good sign.

Source: Jay Morrison on Twitter 

Nov 15 - 2:07 PM

Mixon owners might want to pick up Gio... unfortunately trade deadline passed in most leagues, if he's on another roster pray Mixon stays healthy.

by RotoWire Staff
(18 hrs ago) Mixon (knee) doesn't carry an injury designation into Sunday's game against the Ravens, Paul Dehner Jr. of The Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

Per Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com, Mixon was able to log a full practice Friday, thus setting the stage for him to continue heading the Bengals' backfield in Week 11. Mixon carried 11 times for 61 yards to go along with two catches for 24 yards last weekend against the Saints, but his modest usage was dictated by the game flow in a 51-14 loss. An uptick in opportunities thus seems likely for Mixon in the AFC North showdown.

Mixon or Ingram guys?  
Leaning Ingram here.  Mixon isn’t matchup proof yet.  I’m sitting him for Coleman myself, hoping it won’t bite me.  I feel like The distance between Mixons floor and ceiling isn’t very large this week.

Man this is tough... Have him in two standard leagues and have to consider sitting him for both Mike Evans and Juju or sitting one of them. Other league its Mixon or AP. Don't like either.

To poster above I don't think I'd have any trouble starting Ingram over him. 

Alright guys hear me out: I don't think I can play this guy if Green is out again. The team stinks without Green. Mixon has been posting underwhelming numbers even when he gets a TD. I have him in two standard leagues and strongly considering benching him for Dalvin Cook and Lindsey. What say you all? Anyone have decent options to consider?

Alright guys hear me out: I don't think I can play this guy if Green is out again. The team stinks without Green. Mixon has been posting underwhelming numbers even when he gets a TD. I have him in two standard leagues and strongly considering benching him for Dalvin Cook and Lindsey. What say you all? Anyone have decent options to consider?
I need 3 this week out of White, Mixon, Jones and Cook

As of now I have Jones sitting due to matchup , subject to change 

Jones has Rodgers and Adams etc. he’s seeing the least amount of 8 man fronts. Mixon is surrounded by trash without Green. If I had Adams, it wouldn’t even be close.
Mixon's last 2 games without Green were against teams that shut down the run and this week he has the better matchup. Cleveland has given up the 6th most fantasy points to Running Backs this season. Minnesota has given up the 6th fewest fantasy points to Running Backs this season.

Mixon's last 2 games without Green were against teams that shut down the run and this week he has the better matchup. Cleveland has given up the 6th most fantasy points to Running Backs this season. Minnesota has given up the 6th fewest fantasy points to Running Backs this season.
Very true. This is gonna suck pondering this.....

How do we feel about him this week?  I have him starting this week along with Jones....but tempted to start Michel or even Gus the Bus instead.

Idk what I'm doing with him this week.

I also have Jones starting. Have White and Cook too. The Bengals suck without Green n Dalton man ..
I'm not using him either but my other options are really nice and the league's are not 12 team. But yeah, I don't know how he sits the endzone unless they get a PI down to the one.

• Smile
Reactions: Hoh

Users who are viewing this thread