Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
mquinnjr

Live PD: A&E Live Red Zone Version of "Cops"

35 minutes ago, snogger said:

Those two that ride together are fun to watch.

Last night a suspect took off running and instead of yelling "STOP!!" like a normal cop does, he yelled "Oh yea.... let's go!!" :lmao:

And that foot chase lasted awhile until the K9 unit cut in. Elapsed time from K9 unit arriving to somebody yelling "Release the dog" to suspect surrender was like 5 seconds. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They're 2 for  2 early tonight. 

Squeaky drugged out dude with scantily clad blonde followed by meth head trying to use his leaf blower on empty lot with no leaves.

And West Baton Rouge logs in with a car in a canal.

Edited by JaxBill
  • Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

They're 2 for  2 early tonight. 

Squeaky drugged out dude with scantily clad blonde followed by meth head trying to use his leaf blower on empty lot with no leaves.

And West Baton Rouge logs in with a car in a canal.

This squeaky guy.. It's just airheads! :lol: 

9 minutes ago, snogger said:

This squeaky guy.. It's just airheads! :lol: 

Mikey says don't mix airheads with  Pop Rocks.

• Laughing 1

How about Rod Farva dragging this dude out the car. 

13 minutes ago, Super King said:

How about Rod Farva dragging this dude out the car. 

I honestly at first thought the dude was faking and just wanted to be a #### about getting out. Narcan does wonderz.

4 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

I honestly at first thought the dude was faking and just wanted to be a #### about getting out. Narcan does wonderz.

I thought so too.

There was some junkie from last season that got super pissed the cops narcan'd him. 

This show is such a treasure. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Senor Schmutzig said:

OG Chris

I feel like we're gonna be pouring a 40 out for him soon the way he's going.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

here we go

@danabrams: Tonight’s #LivePD lineup and yes we are on for the full three hours! See you tonight @OfficialLivePD! https://twitter.com/danabrams/status/1261418219320913922/photo/1

Man, hope that dog pulls through. Heart wrenching. Awesome rescue effort

Edited by BroncoFreak_2K3
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Man, hope that dog pulls through. Heart wrenching. Awesome rescue effort

Yea.. dog had to have been down there quite awhile. Glad the woman heard it before it died..

:hifive: to the 25 year Army veteran for not giving up.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, snogger said:

Yea.. dog had to have been down there quite awhile. Glad the woman heard it before it died..

:hifive: to the 25 year Army veteran for not giving up.

:thumbup:

Posted (edited)

Did a search this morning.. Must be the number 1 LivePD search as there are hundreds of posts.. Here was the last report I could find:

The owner was located. She had a post that her dog was missing and people watching the show that had seen the post contacted her as did the vet when they scanned her chip.

Also the dog, Maxine, is 17 yrs old, deaf and has a medical condition which is why she is so thin.
Dog is at home with the Owner now..

17 years old .. wow..  🐶
Found this as well:

Richland County Sheriff's Dept.
@RCSD
Dog Update: We are taking care of dog’s vet bill!

:wub:

Edited by snogger
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, snogger said:

Did a search this morning.. Must be the number 1 LivePD search as there are hundreds of posts.. Here was the last report I could find:

17 years old .. wow..  🐶
Found this as well:

:wub:

God love ya Maxine

• Like 1

West Baton Rouge - weed on the floor board , meth or crack on the seats.

They're heroin away from the Grand Slam.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, In The Zone said:

Sadly, Maxine passed away.

RIP Maxine

Sad she passed.. but :) she didn't have to pass away in the drain. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, In The Zone said:

Sadly, Maxine passed away.

RIP Maxine

:cry:

Glad she got to be with her Mom before she slipped away.

And also well deserved honors for those involved in the rescue 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Melissa61471633: Dude keep driving till you get out of West Baton Rouge... any other police department would be better #LivePD

I wouldn’t want the guy to get bitten badly, but I wish there was a K9 running down the one guy who fled in handcuffs, he finally got caught, but was pretty elusive/fast, considering he was in cuffs.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 9:33 PM, JaxBill said:

West Baton Rouge - weed on the floor board , meth or crack on the seats.

They're heroin away from the Grand Slam.

:lmao: 

How many meth heads does it take to light a cigarette in WBR?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

How many meth heads does it take to light a cigarette in WBR?

Couldn't decide if that woman was missing her whole top row of teeth, or she just have that big of a underbite... :oldunsure: 

"We have reports of loud music."

"Pardon me?"

"TURN THE MUSIC DOWN"

• Laughing 1

8 hours ago, JaxBill said:

I wish I was half as drunk as this guy sounds

I'm not sure I could walk if I was half as drunk as he sounded. :suds:

Posted (edited)

Tulsa canceled their contract with LivePD, and paramount pulled the season opener for Cops... :(

Edited by snogger

41 minutes ago, snogger said:

Tulsa canceled their contract with LivePD, and paramount pulled the season opener for Cops... :(

TBH, I thought COPS got cancelled years ago. 

Yeah, no way either continues. But can we at least keep a version going for Florida? So many great episodes

This doesn't put a good light on LivePD including the producers: https://news.yahoo.com/texas-police-chase-ends-death-202522028.html

Investigators say Chody and “Live PD” producers have repeatedly stonewalled their efforts to obtain evidence or interviews with the officers involved.

:oldunsure: 

1 hour ago, snogger said:

This doesn't put a good light on LivePD including the producers: https://news.yahoo.com/texas-police-chase-ends-death-202522028.html

Well, after reading the story it’s apparent that investigators have the videos

And I’m not sure how the live pd  producers could keep the officers from interviewing with the investigators.

Seems weird

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Well, after reading the story it’s apparent that investigators have the videos

And I’m not sure how the live pd  producers could keep the officers from interviewing with the investigators.

Seems weird

They lumped the sheriff and LivePD in the same sentence which made it seem both were blocking... At the same time, this happened back in March and seems LivePD has battled before on handing over videos... The minute he died LivePD should have given the videos over. Other then protecting those they follow I'm not sure why they aren't helping. :shrug: 

Edited by snogger

Cops has officially been cancelled by Paramount

33 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Cops has officially been cancelled by Paramount

Can't even remember the last time I watched it...  That show has bounced all over.. It might take a few months, but someone will pick it up... Hopefully LivePD just takes a break.. Wife and I have watched it every Friday and Saturday since it started. :oldunsure:

5 hours ago, snogger said:

These guys cover for bad cops EVERY week.   Typically it's cutting to another dept as they're about to manufacture probable cause or consent to search.  I'm sure my other posts in this thread are complaining about how often a K9 will "alert" and no contraband is found.  

• Like 1

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/watch-now-tulsa-police-release-video-of-officers-handcuffing-black-teens-for-jaywalking-internal-investigation/article_8b0c88e3-bbbf-5b39-9457-51c88fa2d3ad.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I can honestly say that if these two teens were white they would have not been put in handcuffs for walking in the street.   And police wonder why generations of black men hate them.

• Like 1

I'm always surprised bout how high the % is of stops that result in searches is.

According to Dan Abrams they were never asked for the video until now. 

@danabrams: @Alyssa_Milano @OfficialLivePD This simply isn’t true Alyssa. This is a horrible event but the DA never asked for anything from Live PD until now. . .over a year later. If we had the tape we would certainly provide to the family. They have had the body cam footage from day one. See below https://twitter.com/danabrams/status/1270517285762093056/photo/1

@danabrams: @DadoftheDecade @Alyssa_Milano @OfficialLivePD Maybe our overall policy of not retaining videos was problematic but we did not want to become a repository for prosecutors and police to demand our videos to use in prosecutions of citizens. . we did not want to be seen as arm of law enforcement

Not a good look for LivePD, but if the DA has had the body cam of the event and the DA never asked for the video, sounds like the attention hungry sheriff and DA are on the hot seat.

7 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Not a good look for LivePD, but if the DA has had the body cam of the event and the DA never asked for the video, sounds like the attention hungry sheriff and DA are on the hot seat.

:goodposting:   .. based on the article, the Sheriff seems to be a glory hound.. Time for LivePD to take a high road and stop following him.

8 hours ago, cockroach said:

These guys cover for bad cops EVERY week.   Typically it's cutting to another dept as they're about to manufacture probable cause or consent to search.  I'm sure my other posts in this thread are complaining about how often a K9 will "alert" and no contraband is found.  

Yea, there are definite times we've watched when a cop does something that leaves you :oldunsure:  The show either cuts away, or the hosts try to reason it out.

Maybe, whenever they come back, with all that happened they will stop trying to make excuses when they see something that seems wrong.

14 minutes ago, snogger said:

Yea, there are definite times we've watched when a cop does something that leaves you :oldunsure:  The show either cuts away, or the hosts try to reason it out.

Maybe, whenever they come back, with all that happened they will stop trying to make excuses when they see something that seems wrong.

You look nervous and uncomfortable. Never mind this camera crew, my beefy tatted up biceps, or my gun. For safety reasons I’m  going to pull everything out of your car now....

The mental gymnastics to justify a search is incredible at times. And I think detaining you while you call in a creature who would rather be   licking its junk to circle the outside of your car twice magically gives you legal access to  a search, especially when the “alert” is all but indiscernible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I think the things I've learned from watching LivePD are:

- different departments definitely have different rules regarding bodily force. West Baton Rouge guys are dbags. Pomona CA cops are extremely physical and antagonistic. Richland county, you're getting a citation at least, but you're not getting wrestled to the ground at the drop of a hat.

- People of all races do really dumb things in a traffic stop. It's a potentially dangerous situation for the cop as well.

- Always shocked at number of drivers with no valid license. You can be sure there's no valid insurance either. Also surprised at people who swap license plates around and wonder why they get pulled over.

- Nye County Nevada has to be one of the bleakest and depressing areas of the country.

eta - different PD definitely have different chase protocol. I've seen some hairy chases over minor traffic violations (like the case in question) but I've also seen chases called off over more serious issues when traffic is an issue.

Edited by JaxBill
  • Like 4

On 6/5/2020 at 9:10 PM, Tom Servo said:

TBH, I thought COPS got cancelled years ago. 

I havent watched it in years, but I think it came back with the success of livePD? 

9 hours ago, Rustoleum said:

You look nervous and uncomfortable. Never mind this camera crew, my beefy tatted up biceps, or my gun. For safety reasons I’m  going to pull everything out of your car now....

The mental gymnastics to justify a search is incredible at times. And I think detaining you while you call in a creature who would rather be   licking its junk to circle the outside of your car twice magically gives you legal access to  a search, especially when the “alert” is all but indiscernible. 

i've got no skin in the game, but don't you think the areas on the show are high gang, high crime and high drug areas?  are we to stop policing drug usage and distribution?  personally, i am not a fan of the dog alerting allowing a search, but if that determines probable cause, then maybe the law regarding dogs should be altered, i assume there has to be one for probable cause.  remember, these dogs rarely make mistakes, if at all and they alert to the smell, not necessarily the presence.  i'd hate to be a cop in richland county, sc and think that danny brown guy does an admirable job in what appears to be an absolutely bleak surrounding.  every time they stop someone they are seemingly encircled by biligerent people, all video recording.  its ok that everyone is dealing in these areas seemingly.  you have to figure some residents dont want the drugs and the guns and are happy the police are there, trying.  also, i am not a fan of the potential stolen car stops.........multiple officers, guns drawn, yelling for people to exit vehicles, walk backwards, etc.  but i guess there are certain protocols and the belief that if you are committing a felony, you are likely to flee or be possibly armed. 

• Like 2