Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
massraider

InfoWars Fake News PizzaGate Lunatic Tool Republishes 1,000 Russia Today Articles, Millions Choke It Down

30 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

You really want a taste of Alex Jones listen to the Rogan podcast from about a month ago with him on it. That was my first time ever listening to Jones . First hour the guy was fascinating , I was thinking  the negative rep they guy had was total bs . But just as fast he ran off the rails and it was crazytown the rest of the show.

So is it just called the Rogan podcast? As in Joe Rogan the MMA/Fear Factor guy?

3 minutes ago, The General said:

What happened to Bucky?

He almost killed Captain America.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The General said:

What happened to Bucky?

I heard he flew too close to the sun.  RIP bucky

5 minutes ago, Chaka said:

So is it just called the Rogan podcast? As in Joe Rogan the MMA/Fear Factor guy?

Yes. It's pretty good most of the time.

16 minutes ago, The General said:

What happened to Bucky?

He got bucked off the FFA rodeo after making an inappropriate accusation about one of the mucky mucks here.

5 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Yes. It's pretty good most of the time.

Thanks. And HOLY CRAP dude is doing 2-3 hour podcasts every day? Does he have nothing else going on, did he learn how to truly monetize podcasts or does he drink his own urine and just not care about money?

15 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Thanks. And HOLY CRAP dude is doing 2-3 hour podcasts every day? Does he have nothing else going on, did he learn how to truly monetize podcasts or does he drink his own urine and just not care about money?

I don't know what his business model is but he certainly is prolific. He still does MMA stuff and stand up comedy as well.

49 minutes ago, bananafish said:

I don't know what his business model is but he certainly is prolific. He still does MMA stuff and stand up comedy as well.

It's impressive, because there is a ton more that goes into an interview show than just sitting in front of a mic and hitting the record button. Well, presuming he actually researches his subjects before the interview and I will give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

1 hour ago, Chaka said:

Yes Joe Rogan . There is a thread in the ffa about the podcast. Craziest thing I ever heard . Without hyperbole Jones is legit cuckoo by the end of the show 

2 hours ago, fatness said:

He took a look at how angry the pizzagate-believing portion of his fanbase was with him fro apologizing,  and realized "I better come up with something to satisfy them."

OK, he came up with something to satisfy the nuts still believing the pizzagate thing. See, pizzagate was really a MSM ploy to distract from pursuing real pedophiles.

He knows his audience. They're gonna eat that crazy #### up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Yes Joe Rogan . There is a thread in the ffa about the podcast. Craziest thing I ever heard . Without hyperbole Jones is legit cuckoo by the end of the show 

I haven't heard the episode yet, but DLd it for this week, but I guarantee you Alex Jones was cuckoo long before he sat down with Joe Rogan.

18 minutes ago, Chaka said:

It's impressive, because there is a ton more that goes into an interview show than just sitting in front of a mic and hitting the record button. Well, presuming he actually researches his subjects before the interview and I will give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

One of the most downloaded podcasts of all.  Seems to have a business model that works.  Not sure if he was also super smart with his sitcom/fear factor/mma money.

i would not say that he researches the guests that much per se, but seems to have a very wide ranging knowledge base.

5 minutes ago, Chaka said:

I haven't heard the episode yet, but DLd it for this week, but I guarantee you Alex Jones was cuckoo long before he sat down with Joe Rogan.

3rd guy on the show that week Eddie Bravo gets in the way of the great interdementional child molester talk 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

He got bucked off the FFA rodeo after making an inappropriate accusation about one of the mucky mucks here.

What did he say to you that got him pinched?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

One of the most downloaded podcasts of all.  Seems to have a business model that works.  Not sure if he was also super smart with his sitcom/fear factor/mma money.

i would not say that he researches the guests that much per se, but seems to have a very wide ranging knowledge base.

Thanks LBL, I 'ppreciate it as much as a moose 'ppreciates you gettin' yer brakes at Pep Boys.

Sorry guys, Chaka been on a pub crawl for the games today. Two games, four pubs + one for the walk home.

• Like 3

So you stupid nutbags still holding on to this horse#### might want to check out 60 minutes right now.

29 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

So you stupid nutbags still holding on to this horse#### might want to check out 60 minutes right now.

Cliffs?

Lol. This country is so effed up. Officially time to consider moving. 

Holly crap. I just watched his latest clip. He blames mainstream media for focusing on comet pizza (to distract people from the real pedofiles in power). 

He says that he caught on to this in December, which is why he stopped focusing on pizzagate after December  

did he just hand the pizza owners more ammo in their eventual lawsuit?  If he knew it was a bogus story in DECEMBER, why did he wait until the end of March to correct the record?  What an idiot  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Otis said:

Lol. This country is so effed up. Officially time to consider moving. 

Unless you move to the United Nation of Hostess I am pretty sure the food in any other country will kill you.

• Like 1

Don't forget to buy his diet pills, male vitality pills and brain booster pills.

• Like 3

Mike Cernovich was on 60 Minutes.

Michael Cernovich, a Southern California lawyer who runs a fake news website that wrote about Comet Ping-Pong, insists his stories are “definitely not fake.”

“They’re not lies at all. 100-percent true,” he said, adding, “ I don’t say anything that I don’t believe.”

Pelley and his crew explored the bots – what they describe as  “Twitter accounts masquerading as real people” – that help spread such stories.

The show bought 5,000 bots from a Russian website and was able to boost a message in seconds, going from 300 retweets to more than 3,000.

I can't believe they put Cernovich on 60 minutes.  I can't believe Cernovich went on 60 minutes.  I can't believe it's not butter.

19 minutes ago, fatness said:

.Pelley and his crew explored the bots – what they describe as  “Twitter accounts masquerading as real people” – that help spread such stories.

The show bought 5,000 bots from a Russian website and was able to boost a message in seconds, going from 300 retweets to more than 3,000.

muhhh  russsiiaaaaa

Fake news report on 60 Minutes.

We did an experiment with Vidmar’s help. We bought 5,000 bots from a Russian website—they cost us just a few hundred bucks.

Scott Pelley: We’ve set up an experiment so you can show me how this works. And I’m going to tweet from my account, “What happens when 60 Minutes investigates fake news?” So tweet that out.

Normally, I could expect real people to retweet my message a few dozen times. Vidmar programmed our bots to retweet my message and then he turned them loose.

Scott Pelley: Hit it with everything you’ve got.

Jim Vidmar: Let’s hit it with everything we got.

Jim Vidmar: There you go. Now you’ve got 3.2 thousand retweets right there.

Scott Pelley: Wait a minute. I went from 300 to 3,000?

Jim Vidmar: Now, it’s 4.4 thousand.

Jim Vidmar: Now real people start seeing it. They start retweeting it, and, you know, responding to it.

Scott Pelley: And it takes off.

Jim Vidmar: And it takes off.

That matters because Facebook and Twitter select articles to present prominently based mostly on how popular they are. They can be fooled by bots. Our imposters expanded the reach of our message 9,000 percent. But our tweet didn’t catch fire the way so much fake news does because our message was not salacious.

Jestin Coler: You need to talk in their language about very specific words that kind of get that emotional response. That’s really the key to it all. The key to all of the fake news.

Jestin Coler says a fake news headline has to make blood boil.  He’s not afraid to admit that he made real money on fake news. He’s known for two fake news sites -- one called the “National Report,” the other -- “Denver Guardian” where he pushed people’s buttons on issues such as abortion and Obamacare.

Jestin Coler: We did a piece on RFID chips being mandated through the Obamacare exchange.

Scott Pelley: And what are those?

Jestin Coler: Essentially a tracking device. So as part of signing up for Obamacare you had to be implanted, essentially, with this tracking device.

That story was read 1.6 million times. Coler wrote another fake story about an FBI agent investigating Clinton emails, who was killed in a murder-suicide. And then there was a fake army quarantine of a Texas town infected with Ebola got 8 million page views.

Jestin Coler: It’s kind of almost an addiction, right? You kinda see something really take off, and then as it’s coming down you’re kinda lookin’ for that next high, I guess.

His highs were profitable. With each click, he made money on ads—over $10,000 a month he told us, writing fiction posing as fact.

Jestin Coler: Facebook really was key to what we did.

Scott Pelley: How?

Jestin Coler: Well, we would basically join whatever group it is that you’re trying to target on Facebook and once they kind of took the bait so to speak they would spread this stuff around, they would be the ones that would essentially be our bots.

Phil Howard leads the Internet Institute at the University of Oxford which examines misinformation on social media. They’ve analyzed web traffic in the days before the election in the swing state of Michigan.

Scott Pelley: How much of this news on Twitter in Michigan was, as you call it, junk news and how much of it legitimate?

Phil Howard: Well, in the case of Michigan, we found that the proportions were about equal. The junk news with stories that had not been fact-checked and that came from organizations that were not professional journalism organizations, was about as much as the amount of content coming from the professional news organizations.

Scott Pelley: There was as much fake news as there was actual news?

Phil Howard: There was.

These guys are making so much money off of people's stupidity.  Trump  has probably doubled their coffers

Mike Cernovich

And in 2014 he became a champion of GamerGate, a vicious campaign against feminists in the video-game industry. He goaded his opponents on Twitter: “Who cares about breast cancer and rape? Not me.” Cernovich’s affiliation with GamerGate made him, he said, “toxic in the eyes of a lot of people,” but he calculated that the exposure was worth it.

These people seem like a level-headed and sane group.

Hayes called InfoWars “the only place you can get the news nowadays where it’s not opinion,” but said he wasn’t bothered by Jones’s about-face on Pizzagate.

“This paper in my hand is at least enough for an investigation,” the 25-year-old said, holding a flier labeled “Pizzagate/Pedogate” that listed “pedophile code words and symbols” supposedly found at Comet Ping Pong.

Hayes wore a shirt saying “Pizzagate is Not Fake News.” His wife, Danielle, 31, wore one reading “Investigate Pizzagate.”

Their three children, ages 9, 5 and 2, each wore shirts saying “I Am Not Pizza #pizzagate.”

“Don’t you dare imply that we are crazy ones,” said one woman into a megaphone.

“Right?” said Danielle Hayes as she watched from the audience, pushing a baby stroller.

“Hold my hand baby,” she said, reaching for her 5-year-old daughter in the Pizzagate t-shirt and casting a quick glance at the city around her.

“This is where the monsters live,” she said. “That’s why we’re here.”

Edited by Reg Lllama of Brixton
  • Like 1

Maybe the first thing to understand about Cernovich — in the context of this story, at least — is that he has a tendency to accuse people he dislikes, whether politicians or the subjects of his online disputes, of terrible sexual predilections. He does it really, really frequently, and is particularly obsessed with pedophiles and their enablers and cover-uppers: Cernovich believes they are absolutely everywhere, that the world is awash in pedophile conspiracies. Once he’s identified someone he believes is a sex criminal (or, in rare cases, an actual sex criminal), he will demand that various people in their orbit then vocally denounce that person

Article with a ton of examples.

Pizzagate’s disseminators conjured, out of thin air, an insane conspiracy theory from fragmentary “clues” that only extremely conspiracy-addled people could construe as evidence of a giant pedophilia ring run by some of the most powerful people in the country.

On the internet, there’s never a shortage of conspiracy-addled people. So Cernovich did the same thing to Berger — he Pizzagated him. He just repeated outrageous half-truths and innuendo over and over and over and over, likely knowing that eventually, his viewers and readers would start to believe them. We seem to have reached a point where anyone with a big enough microphone can make up anything about anyone, and some people will believe it. Some of those people, terrifyingly, will have guns.

6 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Man, he's so smooth.  I wish I could think of great sex moves like "whip it out and jerk off in her back seat before she drives you home."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Quinoa said:

:lmao: I love this thread so much

When I was younger, maybe I might have found some of these hijinks funny.  Maybe.  But now, I just don't get it. I knew guys like Cernovich in law school.  Other classmates caught on quick enough how creepy they were.  I was even friends with a few of them. It's amazing to see someone like that use the internet fools to make himself famous. These guys get off on being hated, because it means they are getting attention.  The best thing in the world that could have happened to these guys was for Hillary to call them out as deplorable people.  She played right into them. 

27 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

When I was younger, maybe I might have found some of these hijinks funny.  Maybe.  But now, I just don't get it. I knew guys like Cernovich in law school.  Other classmates caught on quick enough how creepy they were.  I was even friends with a few of them. It's amazing to see someone like that use the internet fools to make himself famous. These guys get off on being hated, because it means they are getting attention.  The best thing in the world that could have happened to these guys was for Hillary to call them out as deplorable people.  She played right into them. 

I'm not laughing at any "hijinks" but I certainly agree with the rest.  I just love that we have a thread on infowars that includes pizzagate and gamergate references. I love the absurdity of 60 minutes having Cernovich on.  And I definitely want MOAR Fatness.

22 minutes ago, Captain Quinoa said:

I'm not laughing at any "hijinks" but I certainly agree with the rest.  I just love that we have a thread on infowars that includes pizzagate and gamergate references. I love the absurdity of 60 minutes having Cernovich on.  And I definitely want MOAR Fatness.

Never heard of this guy until yesterday 

Edited by HellToupee

60 Minutes didn't have Cernovich on because they admire him.  They wanted to expose his insanity and they did.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chaka said:

60 Minutes didn't have Cernovich on because they admire him.  They wanted to expose his insanity and they did.

why give him any publicity at all

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

why give him any publicity at all

Sunlight is the best disinfectant...