What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Finally MLB (1 Viewer)

Even with Peacock imploding my .25 turbo cashed for .60 scoring 140.40.

My $1 gpp was sunk by Betts,Bogarts and Blackmon combining for 7pts. unless Lowrie can put up 22+.

I went 3/3 on DK but really low stakes so $1.50 in $2.50 out. Had Bum in the gpp above but still didnt think it would cash.
Nice.  My cash LU I put in over there was saved by the 2 Pitts players I had in there, so it hit the 2xs, 3x, and 470contest I put it in.  Hit 0 arcade mode or regular gpps. 

FD was saved by my MIUs hitting for $5 each, but had too much Peacock over there. 

Shame - really want to use them too - nice match-up. Then again, that's probably why.
I still mashed them in, but you gotta take a risk on SP for a gpp.  Had Castillo in and fit Betts/Benin/Nunez/Devers with Gurriel/Beckham/A.Jones/Chirinos. There are cheaper ways to do Boston, but was just trying to see if I could do it and still like the rest of the guys. 

I'll see what I can do on that for a GPP; Got to try to run w/ Pomeranz or Hamels for the SP in a cash game so may not be able to do much with them there. 

Stupid as it sounds, I may try to trot out Nick Pivetta at Coors Field for a GPP - he's been doing well lately, keeping the ball down. 

Last edited by a moderator:
On first look I think I'm going back to the Morton/ Castillo well with Cle/Hou bats.

Have to take a research break, off to do a couple hours of housework and errands with my wife.

I'll see what I can do on that for a GPP; Got to try to run w/ Pomeranz or Hamels for the SP in a cash game so may not be able to do much with them there. 

Stupid as it sounds, I may try to trot out Nick Pivetta at Coors Field for a GPP - he's been doing well lately, keeping the ball down. 
I was thinking the opposite side of the Coors SPs and had Gray in a dummy LU. 

I think if you get to that Castillo level and below for SP pricing, you can do just about anything you want.  I was able to stack Bost+Det, Bost+Balt, Houst+Det, etc.. 

Yeah, definitely in play there. Was even looking at doing a mega-stack of the DET-BAL game, given the pitching match-up. Young guy w/ all of two appearances out of the pen for Detroit, racks up the K's but also has given up 3 HR's in the four innings he's pitched. Wade Miley from the Baltimore side, who hasn't had a quality start in over two months!

Yeah, definitely in play there. Was even looking at doing a mega-stack of the DET-BAL game, given the pitching match-up. Young guy w/ all of two appearances out of the pen for Detroit, racks up the K's but also has given up 3 HR's in the four innings he's pitched. Wade Miley from the Baltimore side, who hasn't had a quality start in over two months!
I did this one as well.  and like that idea.  Just slammed in some gpps without thinking too much about it today.  Maybe will tweak a player or two as batting orders come out, but so far I have 6 LUs:  1 Salazar, 1 Morton, 1 Gray, and 3 Castillo and then for bats:

1.  Color + Houst

2.  Det + 2 Cinci bats

3.  Det + Balt

4.  Boston + 2 Houst

5.  Det + Bost

6.  Balt + Bost.

Sprinkled in some Tex and Philly guys too. 

$1 3 man beginners

cole grey mccann davis dozier arenado beckham fisher grossman jones

.25 late night gpp

gray walker posey goldy drury arenado  marte trout calhoun parra  (if the couple cheap guys sit really going to have to blow this up)

good luck all!!

How's this for a little wrap-around BOS stack in a GPP: Vazquez [8th], Bradley Jr. [9th] & Betts [lead-off]?
I prefer to call it a reach around, but it looks good.  

Teams like Bost and Houston are perfect for ideas like that, since they consistently get production at the bottom of the order, and they are lower owned in hGpps  

I use Dodgers and Tex like this too. 

I cashed for .10 in the .25 gpp last night-lol.  That was also my 50th contest at DK so can't play beginner stuff anymore-most of my wins there were in beginner 3 or 5 man contests.

Is football here yet? Pretty high scoring day when 215pts is only good for $4.  Had two others in the high 160s that didn't cash. 

SP after Scherzer is another minefield. Probably just going to play some .25 arcade contests with hedge stacks or take the night off.

SP after Scherzer is another minefield. Probably just going to play some .25 arcade contests with hedge stacks or take the night off.
Podcast I listen to seemed to like the matchup for JC Ram.  Forget exactly, but whatever the pitches are he throws Balt seemed to be bad at hitting (of course this was why I was on Peacock the other night too).  Have a couple bucks on FD, and for DK I was silly and put in 25cent stacks of Milw, SD, and KC. 

FD I used Scherz with Cubs and Nats mostly. 

.25 arcade

Williams Marte mccutchen Hamilton Murphy Zimmerman

Scherzer Coleman Goodwin Hamilton Kinsler Polanco

.25 gpp

Scherzer adleman Posey Votto Rodriguez Harrison Cozart Harper Jones Marte

Taking a week off sure killed my will to do the research I need to be somewhat competitive in MLB. I'm still throwing one GPP and one cash lineup as of now, but am glad NFL is pretty much here. I've had fun with baseball, and it might be because I've got a lot of work to catch up on, but it feels like a real grind now that I'm looking at it again. 

I'm down to just 1 or 2 .25 contests if I play at all. Been too busy at work to do research and using most of my free time to focus on my season long NFL leagues and PGA dfs .

3 for 3 on DK gpps cashing tonight b/c I just did 3 different Sale+Kluber LUs. 

FD cash lines ridiculously high again, and barely breaking even.  

Might look at preseason NFL tomorrow instead for a change of pace. 

My lineup had Sale/Kluber and Kepler but didn't cash as I only scored 140.5.  Used my superpower of having 4 Padres in a 7 run game and get 2 BB,1 RBI and 1 run.

My lineup had Sale/Kluber and Kepler but didn't cash as I only scored 140.5.  Used my superpower of having 4 Padres in a 7 run game and get 2 BB,1 RBI and 1 run.
I was just lucky enough to decide on Gomes for my cheap C for 2 (one with McCutchen the other with Freeman) and the other one I paired Santana/Braun.   High scoring games over there as well for sure as 140+ would normally easily get you across the cash line. 

That's good to know, haven't played there enough in standard contests to know what a good score is but do know what a bad score is, LOL. Most of my experience is in the beginner 3 or 5 man contests and arcade games.

I wish the arcade slates had more games in them( ironic coming from me lol) but even on days with 12+ games arcade uses only 3 or 5 which results in too many ties. 4 times I cashed in a .25 game but only for .10 and a $1 cashed for .25 :rant:

162-170 not good enough for the H2H or 2 tourneys (one freebie) I was in on DK last night. I used Sale/Kuhl and Cluber\Kuhl. I hope that H2H guy entered his lineup in a tourney. His score was 205. 

If you are interested in a little afternoon sweat, currently sitting in 60th place in the 100K WED MLB Squeeze (Early slate)

Urena/JTReal/Zimm/Murphy/Valbuena/Difo/Stanton/Trout/Yelich, a 105, first is at 114.5 and as of now I have 0s from Trout/Murphy/Yelich and none are over 50%  owned

If you are interested in a little afternoon sweat, currently sitting in 60th place in the 100K WED MLB Squeeze (Early slate)

Urena/JTReal/Zimm/Murphy/Valbuena/Difo/Stanton/Trout/Yelich, a 105, first is at 114.5 and as of now I have 0s from Trout/Murphy/Yelich and none are over 50%  owned
How did you do?

How did you do?
It went to sh!t, only cashed for $15

Did have a good night with a $3 MIU LU going for 154 and finishing 4th for $75 with Darvish, if he scores 4 more points, just 23, that's another $100 :rant:

Also had a $4 GPP go for 223 but it was a really high scoring night so it was only good for 15, over all $35 in $91 out

Still a nice night.

I tried the new pick em game at DK. Instead of a cap you pick 1 player from each tier but scoring and lineups are the standard. Scored 144.50 in the 16k+ freeroll that placed 344 and won $1. Also played a 3 player contest for a buck that lost by 1. Our lineups were the same except for my Judge/Parra vs his Bryant/Adrus and so I lost 101.3 to 102.3 to break even for the night.

We'll try again

Early Slate, $6 GPP sitting at 178.5 with 40 innings left, 30 point out of first

Fiers/Avilia/Votto/Happ/Suarez/Lindor/Schwarber/Zobrist/Duval

We'll try again

Early Slate, $6 GPP sitting at 178.5 with 40 innings left, 30 point out of first

Fiers/Avilia/Votto/Happ/Suarez/Lindor/Schwarber/Zobrist/Duval
LOL, things just went crazy, cash line now at 163, I'm at 188 and am only in 850th place, dropped 700 place in like 3 minutes

What a roller coaster ride!

How about a little afternoon sweat (this curses me every time)
Sitting at 217.5 with 34 innings left in the 100K Squeeze, 6 points off the lead

finished at 239.2, tied for 7th, waiting game now with Tor to hit in the 9th and the NYY/Det game in the bottom 7

Megla said:
finished at 239.2, tied for 7th, waiting game now with Tor to hit in the 9th and the NYY/Det game in the bottom 7
Finished in 27th place, that McCann HR and the Iglasis double cost me over a grand, oh well made for a fun day

Finished 2nd a few nights ago in this GPP. Was sitting in 5th and needed Marisnick to get another at bat. With Houston leading, and 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th, the batter before him hits a HR, giving Marisnick one more at bat. He singles, steals 2nd, and scores on a Bregman HR. The 12+ points put me in 1st. Twenty minutes later, Valbuena hits a 3 run HR in the late game and someone from page 4 shoots past me. Held on for 2nd.

Obviously my best finish in my frst year of baseball. I've gotten better each month and it's been a lot more fun than basketball.

Finished 2nd a few nights ago in this GPP. Was sitting in 5th and needed Marisnick to get another at bat. With Houston leading, and 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th, the batter before him hits a HR, giving Marisnick one more at bat. He singles, steals 2nd, and scores on a Bregman HR. The 12+ points put me in 1st. Twenty minutes later, Valbuena hits a 3 run HR in the late game and someone from page 4 shoots past me. Held on for 2nd.

Obviously my best finish in my frst year of baseball. I've gotten better each month and it's been a lot more fun than basketball.
Congrats

Awesome

Users who are viewing this thread