Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
aowpie

Should I reach for Joe Williams at 2.09 as a carlos hyde owner or will he still be there in the 3rd?

Question

Dynasty PPR start 1rb 1 wr 2 flex rest is standard.
Carlos Hyde is my only startable RB at the moment so I pretty much HAVE to get Joe WIlliams as his handcuff.  I have picks 1.04 1.11 2.04 2.05 2.09 3.05 3.09.  Should I reach for him at 2.9 or do you think hell still be there in the 3rd? 

9 answers to this question

How do you know Joe Williams is going to be Hyde's handcuff?  What about Tim Hightower?

What I am saying is that....don't reach for Joe Williams just because you need Hyde's backup.  

If you want a guy then take him when you think you should take him.  There are plenty of busts that get taken in all spots.  If you think he is the best  player for your team at that spot take him.  If there is someone else you would rather have then wait.    

• Like 1

I agree that if you want a guy don't be afraid to reach at least a little.  I would have no problem using 2.09 on him if you like him and what he does for your team more than anyone else.  I have a guy that I will be targeting in several of my leagues that is projecting as a 4th round type guy.  Depending on what is available in my leagues I could see me grabbing him at late round 2.

I would take him early if you want him...you wont remember where you picked him if he ends up being the player you think he can be.  I think a lot of nonsense is placed on the subjective values of unproven rookies...esp the later round guys.