What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Seth Rich Conspiracy Theory Thread (1 Viewer)

[scooter] said:
There was a time when Newt Gingrich was a respected member of the conservative establishment.
And he shouldn’t have been then, either. Frankly, you can draw a pretty direct line from him to GWB to Palin to Trump. 

And he shouldn’t have been then, either. Frankly, you can draw a pretty direct line from him to GWB to Palin to Trump. 
He's always been a petty little man, just a better educated version of Trump. He was so threatened on a personal level by Steve Largent that he embarked on a vendetta to run Largent out of Congress. It worked, too.

Largent had rock star potential as a Republican, but pathetic Newtie couldn't share even a glimmer of the spotlight.

Personally I couldn\t care less under what alias Quez is hiding under, until he start spouting more nonsense 

Roger Stone and Jerome Corsi Pushed Seth Rich Lie After Privately Admitting Hackers Stole DNC Emails

Russian hackers weren’t the ones behind the theft of Democratic emails that upended the 2016 presidential race, conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi told his InfoWars fans last year. Instead, Corsi said, Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich had stolen the emails and was murdered in revenge for the heist.

But Corsi was lying. In an email to Trump confidante Roger Stone in 2016, Corsi acknowledged that in fact hackers were behind the email theft, according to newly released messages.

Despite that admission, both Corsi and Stone played key roles promoting the conspiracy theory about Rich. Stone became one of the first major figures in Trump’s orbit to suggest Rich was murdered over the emails, tweeting on August 10, 2016 that Rich had “ties to DNC heist.”
The whole Seth Rich fiasco of lies was made up and/or pushed by Corsi and Stone, when they knew someone else had stolen the emails.

And a bunch of dumbasses took it seriously, and took it further, harassing Rich's parents.  People doing that look worse than dumb now. They look malicious.

Roger Stone and Jerome Corsi Pushed Seth Rich Lie After Privately Admitting Hackers Stole DNC Emails

Russian hackers weren’t the ones behind the theft of Democratic emails that upended the 2016 presidential race, conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi told his InfoWars fans last year. Instead, Corsi said, Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich had stolen the emails and was murdered in revenge for the heist.

But Corsi was lying. In an email to Trump confidante Roger Stone in 2016, Corsi acknowledged that in fact hackers were behind the email theft, according to newly released messages.

Despite that admission, both Corsi and Stone played key roles promoting the conspiracy theory about Rich. Stone became one of the first major figures in Trump’s orbit to suggest Rich was murdered over the emails, tweeting on August 10, 2016 that Rich had “ties to DNC heist.”
The whole Seth Rich fiasco of lies was made up and/or pushed by Corsi and Stone, when they knew someone else had stolen the emails.

And a bunch of dumbasses took it seriously, and took it further, harassing Rich's parents.  People doing that look worse than dumb now. They look malicious.
How long before it comes out that Hannity and FoxNews conspired with the President to push this fake story?

I don't know. I'm sure ren has a perfectly plausible explanation for that. 

"peddle discredited conspiracy theories that Seth was killed after having provided WikiLeaks with emails from the DNC. Those theories, which some reporters have since retracted, are baseless"

when Julian Assange & Kim Dotcom are talking about him being the leaker it is no longer baseless.

One of my favorites in the thread.

This makes me think it would be worth investigating,

Former CIA Director John Brennan says he thinks Russia cooperates with WikiLeaks through middlemen.

Brennan told the House intelligence committee on Tuesday that Russia has used intermediaries to work with the WikiLeaks anti-secrecy group. The website released material hacked from email accounts of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign officials during last year's presidential campaign.

He says that if someone tracks WikiLeaks' releases over time, it's clear that they are often timed to coincide with certain events or to undermine national security.

Brennan says that Russian protests that they are not working with WikiLeaks and WikiLeaks protests that they are not working with the Russians are both "disingenuous."

___
Interesting

1. Corsi had no idea what he was talking about. https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Ajerome_corsi assange fool&src=typd

2. The source(s) was not a Russian state actor(s) or a state party.  

3. The only thing discredited was Rod Wheeler's harebrained reporting on Fox News. 

4. Rich still plausibly could have been the source.  That's just a technical possibility based on what we know so far.  

1. Corsi had no idea what he was talking about. https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Ajerome_corsi assange fool&src=typd

3. The only thing discredited was Rod Wheeler's harebrained reporting on Fox News. 

4. Rich still plausibly could have been the source.  That's just a technical possibility based on what we know so far.  
1.  You are attempting to contradict the solid work of a professional journalist with a Twitter term search that proves absolutely nothing.

2.  This is like saying Michael Corleone was not the source of the deaths of Barzini, Tattaglia and Moe Greene. It's laughable on its face, even if you hadn't already totally lost credibility on this stuff by spending two years saying Russians had nothing to do with the hacks at all and it was just a big intelligence community conspiracy to blame them.

3. By continuing to post embarrassing drivel and defending baseless conspiracy theories on social media (even a site with relatively low visibility) you are helping to put a mourning family through hell and lengthening/worsening their grieving process.

4.  This is gross and shameful.  It's one thing to spread nonsense conspiracy theories about public figures, but this is not that. As the First Lady might say, Be Better.

1.  You are attempting to contradict the solid work of a professional journalist with a Twitter term search that proves absolutely nothing.

2.  This is like saying Michael Corleone was not the source of the deaths of Barzini, Tattaglia and Moe Greene. It's laughable on its face, even if you hadn't already totally lost credibility on this stuff by spending two years saying Russians had nothing to do with the hacks at all and it was just a big intelligence community conspiracy to blame them.

3. By continuing to post embarrassing drivel and defending baseless conspiracy theories on social media (even a site with relatively low visibility) you are helping to put a mourning family through hell and lengthening/worsening their grieving process.

4.  This is gross and shameful.  It's one thing to spread nonsense conspiracy theories about public figures, but this is not that. As the First Lady might say, Be Better.
Nope, that would have gotten a lot less ridicule. 

Why is it not surprising to find you regurgitating a disgusting Russian conspiracy theory?

I feel the need up front to echo Tobias’ point. This was a real person who died tragically while starting his young life in Dc. It’s epically awful what’s been done to his memory and his family. It’s also technically not possible. Aside from that...

This series from Corsi is interesting. For one thing he is in no way denying that Russia was behind it. For another it’s indicative that he was annoyed that Assange wasn’t delivering what was promised, that is true “Clinton” documents. It’s true there was this push - including by Trump then and even now - to pass these documents as “Clinton” documents when they plainly were not. Of course Corsi just easily glides over to the GRU web-front G2.0 for that and advocates that *those are the *true Clinton documents when plainly they also were not. 

I think the assumption you’re making that cupidity and malice are mutually exclusive is plainly wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
TobiasFunke said:

1. Luke Harding is a professional journalist.  Yet his fake news piece about Assange/Manafort fell apart almost immediately.  It’s why it registers with people when Trump calls #### fake news.  

2. The actual publisher of the leaks says they are not from a Russian source.  He didn’t even have any reason to lie about it- the documents could have been hacked by Hitler himself and he would still be within his role as a publisher to publish them. 

Iraq WMDs was one of the largest, most well-orchestrated “intelligence community” conspiracies of all time.  If you think they just stopped telling lies to achieve foreign policy objectives because they became nice or something, I really don’t know what to tell you.  

3. All I said was that Rich could have been the source.  It’s possible he was the source and was just randomly killed in DC.    Acknowledging that the former is a possibility isn’t an endorsement of the DNC murder conspiracy.  When I think about it now, I think it’s kind of ridiculous too.  Still doesn’t prove/disprove the technical possibility.  

4. Funny, I’ve felt like the past 2 years of Russia conspiracymongering by mass media and pundit hacks is gross and shameful.  The more outlandish and shameless their claims about Trump/Russia, the more likely they were to get MSNBC bookings and massive audiences on twitter.  It’s the most careless, reckless, absolutely debased journalistic/political climate I’ve ever seen, but it’s mainstream so it’s completely ok.  

1. Luke Harding is a professional journalist.  Yet his fake news piece about Assange/Manafort fell apart almost immediately.  It’s why it registers with people when Trump calls #### fake news.  

2. The actual publisher of the leaks says they are not from a Russian source.  He didn’t even have any reason to lie about it- the documents could have been hacked by Hitler himself and he would still be within his role as a publisher to publish them. 

Iraq WMDs was one of the largest, most well-orchestrated “intelligence community” conspiracies of all time.  If you think they just stopped telling lies to achieve foreign policy objectives because they became nice or something, I really don’t know what to tell you.  

3. All I said was that Rich could have been the source.  It’s possible he was the source and was just randomly killed in DC.    Acknowledging that the former is a possibility isn’t an endorsement of the DNC murder conspiracy.  When I think about it now, I think it’s kind of ridiculous too.  Still doesn’t prove/disprove the technical possibility.  

4. Funny, I’ve felt like the past 2 years of Russia conspiracymongering by mass media and pundit hacks is gross and shameful.  The more outlandish and shameless their claims about Trump/Russia, the more likely they were to get MSNBC bookings and massive audiences on twitter.  It’s the most careless, reckless, absolutely debased journalistic/political climate I’ve ever seen, but it’s mainstream so it’s completely ok.  
What part do you think is a "conspiracy"?

Do you remember the last time Assange threatened to sue Luke Harding?

I'll help, it turns out Wikileaks did not sue Harding or the Guardian and in fact the book in question was used to help make a rather large budget motion picture starring Benedict Cumberbatch.  

1. "A professional journalist got something wrong once, therefore my attempt to disprove this professional journalist's work by linking to a term search of the tweets of a lunatic is valid."

2. Of course the publisher has a reason to lie about it. He was potentially coordinating with a brutal authoritarian on the commission of criminal acts intended to impact US elections. The truth is a massive hit to his credibility and reputation and may give rise to criminal liability regardless of his rights as a "publisher."  And in any event consider the other option- for this not to be Russia would require a coordinated conspiracy involving literally thousands of people in several different federal agencies, any one of whom could blow up the story and cause untold damage to the United States, each agency and all of the individual players. You're suggesting they would do this just to, what,  make Russia look bad?  It's completely preposterous on its face and its impossible to take seriously you or anyone else who pushes such ridiculous drivel.

3. Are you arguing that it's not irresponsible to push baseless nonsense on the internet just because it's "technically possible"? I don't know enough about the technological stuff here to even know if that's right. But even if it is, the notion that people are free to say anything they want about anyone, no matter who it hurts, so long as it's "technically possible" is abhorrent. Just think of all the vile, repulsive stuff one could say about anyone and anything based on this minimal standard of propriety.  And you're the one that brought it up by saying "the only thing discredited was Rod Wheeler's harebrained reporting on Fox News" and "Rich still plausibly could have been the source." You chose to make that case. Gross.

4. If you want to address a specific bit of Trump/Russia conspiracy-mongering that you find "gross and shameful" or "outlandish and shameless," I encourage you to do so in that thread or one of your own, and I'd be happy to discuss those specific things. I shoot down stuff in the Russia thread sometimes myself. But doing it here, in a transparent failed attempt at a "I know you are but what am I?" type retort, is just sad.

so i see selective ethics is again out in force trying to defend this pile of crap horrible bs narrative i guess i could act surprised but im not take that to the bank brohans 
We watch the same horrible people pushing horrible bs over and over.  Be it here or elsewhere. Its like they have an agenda against common decency.

Hell, Foxnews is now dragging Liz Cheney back out.  🙂

"In court, Eastman described the plot Doherty executed months later and how police tracked him down. Doherty sent Burkman emails pretending to have information “detrimental to the FBI.” Burkman paid Doherty $15,000 and arranged to pick up the documentation from under a traffic cone at the Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington on March 13.

When Burkman leaned over to get the documents, Eastman said, Doherty shot him twice in the buttocks with a rifle. Burkman fled up a parking ramp, carrying the traffic cone and his dog, Jack Jr."

WTF :lol:

The publisher has also stated in the past that he didn’t know where things come from...so is he lying now or then?  And yes...Asange has reason to lie.

Users who are viewing this thread