What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Seth Rich Conspiracy Theory Thread (1 Viewer)

Many studies show that fish can survive with hooks in their throat and stomach. They old saying that hooks rust out in a few days or stomach acids quickly dissolve the hooks is pure nonsense.

New studies have confirmed, and I have always believed that a fish has its best chance of survival if the hook can be removed with minimal damage and done quickly. Rip the hook out, and you sentence the fish to death. Keep the fish too long out of the water, particularly in warm water, and again you are likely to kill the fish (but this varies somewhat with species).

A long time ago, one of the old timers at my marina showed me a technique where you can insert your finger in front of the gills, put your finger at the belly of the hook and pop the hook out, leaving a very small hole behind. The smaller the barb on the hook, the easier it is to do. Gills are fairly tough tissue and not really damaged that easily. I try to buy hooks with small barbs for this reason. I find I do more damage with a "dehooker" then I do with the above technique

I would say let this thread die and sink into the archives, but I know it's always a tough call as to whether to ignore such claims and not participate or to confront them, analyze them and refute them head on. I do think that this is one of the most heinous things I've ever seen perpetrated by a network, and tbh I struggle to find a serious comp. Hannity opened his show with it. The whole point appears to have been to have a counter to the Trump travails.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say let this thread die and sink into the archives, but I know it's always a tough call as to whether to ignore such claims and not participate or to confront them, analyze them and refute them head on. I do think that this is one of the most heinous things I've ever seen perpetrated by a network, and tbh I struggle to find a serious comp. Hannity opened his show with it. The whole point appears to have been to have a counter to the Trump travails.
Well, what were the consequences of pizzagate for those pushing it? Even given the incident with the guy going in there with a gun? Has Alex Jones lost any clicks? Does anyone even care anymore? It just kind of faded away.

This stuff is currency because a good percentage of rubes will continue to eat it up, which is what keeps Trump's approval rating in the 30s instead of the single digits. What else is Fox supposed to talk about when the actual news is so bad for business? 

I would say let this thread die and sink into the archives, but I know it's always a tough call as to whether to ignore such claims and not participate or to confront them, analyze them and refute them head on. I do think that this is one of the most heinous things I've ever seen perpetrated by a network, and tbh I struggle to find a serious comp. There is no way that regular Fox news staff had anything to do with this. This is obviously someone in production and then Hannity opened his show with it. The whole point appears to have been to have a counter to the Trump travails.
Fox has been dipping their toes in this stuff for years. How many times did Hannity promise the world "bombshell" news about Benghazi or Emails that was sure to bring down Obama or Hillary?

WE REPORT fake news, YOU DECIDE if it's real.

Ren Ho3k said:
No one wanted some jackhole former actor to walk into a pizza place in broad daylight and shoot a computer.  The last thing anyone interested in that story wanted was for some moron to shoot it up and make anyone who asks questions about it look like an illuminati wetdream.  You sing and dance about the danger of indulging conspiracy theories when it makes dems look bad but go radio silent when it comes to anything involving Russian conspiracy.  I don't remember seeing your delicate sensibility on display anywhere as it relates to the red team.  Pretty sure the Rich family isn't checking footballguys for updates on their son, but why miss an opportunity to act selfrighteous about something?

You saw the video of the family themselves thanking people for trying to find the killer.  Clearly they want answers and the rest of us do too.  Just stop 
Well for starters one has 2 congressional investigations and an FBI investigation and most probably several grand juries. 

The other has absolutely no proof. 

Yeah. Totes the same!

Did anyone see the Wheeler dude on Hannity last night?  The CNN article Saints posted made it seem like he is back tracking now.  Is that the case?  It's 

Nope, it seems not. He's busy posting about homeowner's projects. 

I suppose we can assume he's accepted the pwnage
I posted a story all over the news yesterday.  Sorry that was so offensive to you and ruined your day.

To me, one of the craziest parts of the whole story is listening to a bunch of white people who will warn that "you're taking your life in your hands" when you drive (much less walk) through many parts of Baltimore, Chicago, DC, etc talk about how "safe" a neighborhood Bloomingdale is.  

Fox has been dipping their toes in this stuff for years. How many times did Hannity promise the world "bombshell" news about Benghazi or Emails that was sure to bring down Obama or Hillary?

WE REPORT fake news, YOU DECIDE if it's real.
I edited that comment out before your post came through because actually I see there are two Fox News reporters on those stories. However I'm talking about journalism here, not claims about the effects reports will have. Here you have a Fox pundit whom Fox News cites in a report as a source, who is hired by a GOP lobbyist, who says he was told something he wasn't told, about the contents of a laptop that was never examined, which is escalated to lead story on their biggest show on a night where Trump has the foundation of his presidency shaken. This itself should be a journalism scandal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for starters one has 2 congressional investigations and an FBI investigation and most probably several grand juries. 

The other has absolutely no proof. 

Yeah. Totes the same!
There's a difference between confirmed details, like Flynn not disclosing consulting work abroad, and people citing Mensch/Schindler/Claude who have basically made careers out of russian conspiracy media.  It's out of control and infinitely more damaging than the Seth Rich murder, which as of yet is still unsolved.  Tobias to his credit has mostly laid off that stuff himself, but there's a lot of deranged theories flying around completely unchecked.  Not that you're capable of understanding the difference or something.  

There's a difference between confirmed details, like Flynn not disclosing consulting work abroad, and people citing Mensch/Schindler/Claude who have basically made careers out of russian conspiracy media.  It's out of control and infinitely more damaging than the Seth Rich murder, which as of yet is still unsolved.  Tobias to his credit has mostly laid off that stuff himself, but there's a lot of deranged theories flying around completely unchecked.  Not that you're capable of understanding the difference or something.  
 I am well aware of the difference between actual facts and speculation. But your original quote which started this conversation referred to anything related to a Russian conspiracy. You are the one that can't seem to separate the difference between real reporting on the Russian election hack and subsequent Trump ties to Russia and Twitter conspiracy theories from the left. 

This hard push from the trump troll army to equate the Russian story with other discredited conspiracy theories is about as transparent as trump's ego. 

Is it as dangerous as a gooup of lunatics pushing a story made up out of thin air which led to a guy shooting up a pizza joint?

PT Barnum was right
Certainly in your case as we have yet to see one shred of proof from you, which has been repeatedly requested, that there has been any evidence of voter fraud in NH. Even Governor Sununu has gone on record to say he is not aware of any voting fraud that has occurred.

Certainly in your case as we have yet to see one shred of proof from you, which has been repeatedly requested, that there has been any evidence of voter fraud in NH. Even Governor Sununu has gone on record to say he is not aware of any voting fraud that has occurred.
I think he's pretending to have been trolling the whole time and we were the suckers for buying into it.  Pretty weak, but not surprising from HT.

I'm glad this case has already been deemed closed, and labeled "conspiracy theory".  Watch the interview with Wheeler himself from last night,

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5437207289001/?#sp=show-clips

He doesn't name sources, but it definitely appears as if he is being stone walled.  Some :fishy:  stuff still going on. 

But, I'm sure Hannity & Wheeler are Russian agents pushing a conspiracy theory...

I'm glad this case has already been deemed closed, and labeled "conspiracy theory".  Watch the interview with Wheeler himself from last night,

He doesn't name sources, but it definitely appears as if he is being stone walled.  Some :fishy:  stuff still going on. 

But, I'm sure Hannity & Wheeler are Russian agents pushing a conspiracy theory. a##holes pushing distractions.
ftfy

But, I'm sure Hannity & Wheeler are Russian agents pushing a conspiracy theory...
I just wanted to thank you for your never ending desire to embarrass yourself for our entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread