What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Seth Rich Conspiracy Theory Thread (3 Viewers)

Coincidental, I don`t think that had anything to do with his murder. It was not a robbery either as he has cash, phone and credit cards still on him.  Sometimes people look at someone the wrong way at 4AM and end up getting filled with lead.
There was also an uptick of gun violence in DC around the same time.  Banning guns would have prevented all of this confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your forgetting the fact that Assange himself said Seth Rich was the leaker.
According to Fox News:

On Twitter, WikiLeaks announced the reward but said Assange’s statement “should not be taken to imply that Seth Rich was a source for WikiLeaks or to imply that his murder is connected to our publications” because WikiLeaks has a policy not to release the names of its sources, even after their death.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/16/slain-dnc-staffer-had-contact-with-wikileaks-investigator-says.html

And pardon me if don't consider Assange to be the pillar of truth.

While the whole thing comes off as bogus, IF it were true that this kid was targeted, does anyone really have a hard time believing that Hillary or Podesta ordered the hit? That wouldn't surprise me at all. As crazy as the election got, and as crazy as we learned those two are, I'd have no trouble accepting them having a role in the deed. 
You could make just as credible an argument that Trump, Putin & their people ordered the hit in order to divert attention to their collusion.

According to Fox News:

On Twitter, WikiLeaks announced the reward but said Assange’s statement “should not be taken to imply that Seth Rich was a source for WikiLeaks or to imply that his murder is connected to our publications” because WikiLeaks has a policy not to release the names of its sources, even after their death.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/16/slain-dnc-staffer-had-contact-with-wikileaks-investigator-says.html

And pardon me if don't consider Assange to be the pillar of truth.
Ok, so he stopped short of saying it was him, but i remember WikiLeaks was tweeting all about it back then.  Maybe Assange was eluding to him being the leaker to cast doubt amongst it being Russia?

Ok, so he stopped short of saying it was him, but i remember WikiLeaks was tweeting all about it back then.  Maybe Assange was eluding to him being the leaker to cast doubt amongst it being Russia?
Maybe.  Bottom line is I really don't know what to think about ANYTHING going on in Washington anymore.   By all means fully investigate and let the chips fall where they will but I have a feeling that it will come up inconclusive and the left will say it was a random murder while the alt-right will say it was a Hillary & friends.

Trumpettes go big on their conspiracy tinhat stuff. None of this parsing of what Donald did or didn't say in closed door meetings with the commies (well closed door except for Russian press).

You guys always jump to murder, Obama is a Kenyan sleeper Muslim agent, world wide pedo rings, etc.

Maybe.  Bottom line is I really don't know what to think about ANYTHING going on in Washington anymore.   By all means fully investigate and let the chips fall where they will but I have a feeling that it will come up inconclusive and the left will say it was a random murder while the alt-right will say it was a Hillary & friends.
Unfortunately, we have come to the point that if you believe either sides theory, we are in a world of trouble.  Either our country is being ran by the Kremlin, or there are people very high up with intelligence / media connections that have a hard on for Trump.  It's almost as if there is no middle ground.

Herein lies the problem, it's not shot down, at least in the eyes of the followers of the almighty (R).  This is the main story on Foxnewsdotcom currently, despite the fact that there is an ongoing story about the president having shared classified information with his Russian handle.... guests.  
No ####### way.  This can't possibly be true. 

Here's your "conspiracy theory" flipped:

Just when the president is drowning and his followers have nothing to grasp onto, here comes a private investigator (with a shaky past) to save the day and put the Seth Rich story front and center for all followers of Drudge Report, Infowars, Brietbart and.....Fox News.  

How convenient!

His name is one of the top trends on Twitter after the families private investigator confirmation that he was in communication with WikiLeaks.  Combine this with Julian Assange saying Seth was the leaker, and it's starting to look bad.  There was also a WikiLeaks of Podesta saying "I'm definitely for making an example of a suspected leaker whether or not we have any basis for it".

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/254852337-story

"The services of the private investigator who spoke to press was offered to the Rich family and paid for by a third party, and contractually was barred from speaking to press or anyone outside of law enforcement or the family unless explicitly authorized by the family." 
- Oh?

The revelation is consistent with the findings of Rod Wheeler, a former DC homicide detective and Fox News contributor and whose private investigation firm was hired by a third party on behalf of Rich’s family to probe the case.
OH.

"Third party" hires Fox news contributor who tees up story on Fox, which he was prohibited by the family from doing, and presents story which his family says is false. Yeah this is interesting.

The WaPo story cited unnamed sources.  Seth Rich's family hired an ex-dc homicide detective.  Go Google about him, and pick him appart if you want, but at least there is a source here.
Trump confirmed the WaPo story this morning with his Tweets verifying what the unnamed sources said.

I am willing to entertain the idea that Rich leaked all of the e-mails to wikileaks.  However, the e-mail dump is a small portion of the Trump <3 Russia story.

This does not impact the propaganda (aka false news), the social media micro-targeting, the internet trolling, the changing of the RNC platform to be friendly to Russia, the blatant ties between Trump staffers to Russia, the secret meetings with Kislyak (which led to the recusal of Sessions and the firing of Flynn), the firing of Comey, or the blatant "mishandling" of classified information directly to Russia.

I am willing to entertain the idea that Rich leaked all of the e-mails to wikileaks.  However, the e-mail dump is a small portion of the Trump <3 Russia story.

This does not impact the propaganda (aka false news), the social media micro-targeting, the internet trolling, the changing of the RNC platform to be friendly to Russia, the blatant ties between Trump staffers to Russia, the secret meetings with Kislyak (which led to the recusal of Sessions and the firing of Flynn), the firing of Comey, or the blatant "mishandling" of classified information directly to Russia.
Well this doesn't make sense.

If Rich leaked all the emails to wikileaks and it wasn't Russian hackers (which by the way, is so far out there it's barely worth mentioning), it completely changes everything.  The Russian hack and the investigation of that hack is the very foundation of the accusations against team Trump.  

#SethRich is a top trending hashtag and some tweets are, um, interesting...

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SethRich&src=typd

Thomas MichaeL‏ @ConsciousOptic 4m4 minutes ago

Comey was preventing the FBI from investigating #SethRich.

Comey also cleared HRC of Benghazi & of all criminal "intent" w/ her emails.

Jackson Combs‏ @NevadaNaadia 7m7 minutes ago

We already know Podesta orders assassinations. He is a major string puller for #DeepState #SethRich

Thomas Paine‏ @Thomas1774Paine 1h1 hour ago

Remember: #Hillary thought she'd be president and could keep a lid on #SethRich murder.

He was killed BEFORE the election. Important fact.

If Rich leaked all the emails to wikileaks and it wasn't Russian hackers (which by the way, is so far out there it's barely worth mentioning), it completely changes everything.  The Russian hack and the investigation of that hack is the very foundation of the accusations against team Trump.  
no.  This pre-dates the e-mail/wikileaks business.   The Fox article says Rich communicated with Wikileaks May 21 2016...England became aware of Trump & Russia in 2015.

British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia

Britain’s spy agencies played a crucial role in alerting their counterparts in Washington to contacts between members of Donald Trump’s campaign team and Russian intelligence operatives, the Guardian has been told.

GCHQ first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the US as part of a routine exchange of information, they added.

Over the next six months, until summer 2016, a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russians, sources said.

The European countries that passed on electronic intelligence – known as sigint – included Germany, Estonia and Poland. Australia, a member of the “Five Eyes” spying alliance that also includes the US, UK, Canada and New Zealand, also relayed material, one source said.

Can you explain this?

For the record, the 44k emails is coming from an anonymous federal investigator and not Wheeler. Sure it could be Fake News, but there are multiple sources at play here.

His name is one of the top trends on Twitter after the families private investigator confirmation that he was in communication with WikiLeaks.  Combine this with Julian Assange saying Seth was the leaker, and it's starting to look bad.  There was also a WikiLeaks of Podesta saying "I'm definitely for making an example of a suspected leaker whether or not we have any basis for it".

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/254852337-story
FFS,  What happened to you?  Didn't you used to be normal?

Fox 5 in Washington, DC, first reported last night that the "family's private investigator" had found "tangible evidence" on Rich's laptop showing he was in touch with WikiLeaks before he died last summer. Then this morning, Fox News reported that Rich "had leaked thousands of internal emails to WikiLeaks," citing a "federal investigator."

Yet Rich's family said in its statement that the private investigator was "paid for by a third party" and under his contract had been "barred from speaking to press" without explicit authorization from the family.
But the story picked up again this week with the two reports by Fox outlets. Both stories quoted Rod Wheeler, a former homicide detective at Washington's Metropolitan Police, saying he had learned that there were emails between Rich and WikiLeaks before his death. Wheeler is a Fox News contributor. In April he tweeted an apparent picture of himself at the White House.

Both reports said that Rich's family had hired Wheeler as a private investigator — which Rich's family responded to in its statement by noting he had been paid by a third party, and had not been authorized to speak with the press.
:lmao:

Gee, I wonder who paid the "family's private investigator".

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexcampbell/seth-rich-family-refutes-report

Now that we've established that the story is nonsense for a number of reasons, the private investigator is a lunatic hired by a third party who is a GOP lobbyist, and the family wants none of this, how about we all act like decent human beings and respect the wishes of a grieving family that lost their son to a tragic murder? 
They probably just don't want to end up dead.  Meanwhile, their "spokesman" is a big time Democratic consultant.

Users who are viewing this thread