What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Seth Rich Conspiracy Theory Thread (3 Viewers)

For the few people with no background knowledge on this recycled lunacy: http://www.snopes.com/seth-conrad-rich/

Sorcha Faal is the alleged author of an ongoing series of “reports” published at WhatDoesItMean.com, whose work is of such quality that even other conspiracy nutters don’t think much of it.

Each report resembles a news story in its style but usually includes a sensational headline barely related to reality and quotes authoritative high-level Russian sources (such as the Russian Federal Security Service) to support its most outrageous claims. Except for the stuff attributed to unverifiable sources, the reports don’t contain much original material. They are usually based on various news items from the mainstream media and/or whatever the clogosphere is currently hyperventilating about, with each item shoehorned into the conspiracy narrative the report is trying to establish.

While it’s true police maintain an open investigation into Seth Rich’s death, the claim connecting him to Hillary Clinton was the third of its sort to emerge from the same conspiracy-monger in mid-2016. All those rumors were variations on the long-circulating (and false) “body bags” claims that the Clintons habitually do away with once-loyal associates turned political liabilities. Prior to publishing the trio of Clinton-related fabrications, the same site and blogger held that President Obama had ordered the military to nuke the city of Charleston (which didn’t happen), that Rear Admiral Rick Williams was fired because he revealed Obama’s purchase of a mansion in Dubai (Williams was actually terminated for misconduct), and that Vladimir Putin and Barack Obama were enmeshed in a potentially conflict-starting dispute over the practices of the Monsanto agribusiness corporation.

Meanwhile, their "spokesman" is a big time Democratic consultant.
he was a DNC staffer, and presumably had other friends/family somehow related to the DNC.  Why is a shocker to you?  Who would you expect be representing his family - Jerry Falwell?

he was a DNC staffer, and presumably had other friends/family somehow related to the DNC.  Why is a shocker to you?  Who would you expect be representing his family - Jerry Falwell?
They could have just released a message on FB pointing to their GoFundMe like the majority of the United States.

Man, the right wingers that are left on this board really have gone off the deep end. Pretty shameless.

One of my good friends worked at the DNC directly with Seth. Same department. Hung out with him occasionally. He's told me before that the family is disgusted and angered by the #### right wing media has done regarding his death. Seth was a data analyst along with my buddy. Basically they had some minimal programming/scripting experience and used it to produce financial reports, etc. Said he's highly doubtful that Seth would have the technical knowledge or opportunity to facilitate "hacking" the DNC, and obviously never expressed such desires openly (though that doesn't exclude them from possibly existing). 

But sure, go ahead and continue to believe Julian "I'm not a rapist, but I'm definitely not going to go to court to be tried" Assange and his "100% truthful" organization, that clearly has no political agenda. /s

When a guy who has no enemies is gunned down from behind at 4 am by 2 people trailing him, and is not robbed, it's not a random murder fellas.

does anyone have a better theory here?

When a guy who has no enemies is gunned down from behind at 4 am by 2 people trailing him, and is not robbed, it's not a random murder fellas.

It was closing time at Lou’s City Bar when Seth Rich drained the last of his Bell’s Two Hearted Ales and started walking into the muggy night in a trendy neighborhood of northwest Washington, D.C. At 2:30 a.m. on July 10, the torrid heat that had gripped the city for weeks had eased slightly, with temperatures slipping into the low 70s. Maybe it was the relative cool that prompted him to walk through several dark, dicey blocks to his apartment in Bloomingdale, a rapidly gentrifying neighborhood a mile away. Or maybe he thought the walk would do him some good after venting to his longtime bartender about his unsuccessful efforts to reconcile his love life with his 12-hour days at the Democratic National Committee.
- This sounds like DC, NO, Louisville, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta.... lots of gentrifying inner cities. Yeah this sounds totally believable and normal to me.

Police says there were no witnesses to the murder, so we don't know the details as to how many people were trailing him or even if he was trailed for a period of time (the killer(s) may have just been waiting for someone to come along). Also, the killer(s) may have attempted a robbery, but could have been interrupted and had to flee before they could take anything.

It sounds like he got shot at for no reason and died later in the hospital. It sucks but it can happen if you walk through skid row at 4am. Wrong place, wrong time and all that.

Man, the right wingers that are left on this board really have gone off the deep end. Pretty shameless.

One of my good friends worked at the DNC directly with Seth. Same department. Hung out with him occasionally. He's told me before that the family is disgusted and angered by the #### right wing media has done regarding his death. Seth was a data analyst along with my buddy. Basically they had some minimal programming/scripting experience and used it to produce financial reports, etc. Said he's highly doubtful that Seth would have the technical knowledge or opportunity to facilitate "hacking" the DNC, and obviously never expressed such desires openly (though that doesn't exclude them from possibly existing). 

But sure, go ahead and continue to believe Julian "I'm not a rapist, but I'm definitely not going to go to court to be tried" Assange and his "100% truthful" organization, that clearly has no political agenda. /s
I don't want to crap on your friend, but Seth didn't necessarily need to be that technically savy to let the leak happen.  He could have simply clicked a link intentionally.  That's how they got Podesta.  Or he could have had a flash drive.

Also, pretty cool for you to say we have gone off the deep end posting a story on Fox, and has been trending on Twitter.  Do you guys think we just make this stuff up?

Also, I see you are taking shots at Assange due to rape allegations.  Do you have proof that Assange raped anyone?  We know for a fact there have been bogus claims fabricated about Assange by HRC associates, so how do we know these allegations are true.  Nobody seemed to care about Assanges rape allegations when he was leaking the Chelsea Manning material.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-19/hillary-clinton-linked-mysterious-front-associated-julian-assange-pedophile-smear

It sounds like he got shot at for no reason and died later in the hospital. It sucks but it can happen if you walk through skid row at 4am. Wrong place, wrong time and all that.
There hadn't been a murder in his upscale DC neighborhood in 6 years.  Despite, the DNC trying to tie his murder to an "uptick in gun violence in the DC area" around the time he was killed.  

I don't want to crap on your friend, but Seth didn't necessarily need to be that technically savy to let the leak happen.  He could have simply clicked a link intentionally.  That's how they got Podesta.  Or he could have had a flash drive.

Also, pretty cool for you to say we have gone off the deep end posting a story on Fox, and has been trending on Twitter.  Do you guys think we just make this stuff up?

Also, I see you are taking shots at Assange due to rape allegations.  Do you have proof that Assange raped anyone?  We know for a fact there have been bogus claims fabricated about Assange by HRC associates, so how do we know these allegations are true.  Nobody seemed to care about Assanges rape allegations when he was leaking the Chelsea Manning material.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-19/hillary-clinton-linked-mysterious-front-associated-julian-assange-pedophile-smear
damn dude.  Keep your story straight.  Fox was making the claim that Rich was e-mailing Wikileaks directly:

An FBI forensic report of Rich's computer -- generated within 96 hours after Rich's murder -- showed he made contact with WikiLeaks through Gavin MacFadyen, a now-deceased American investigative reporter, documentary filmmaker, and director of WikiLeaks who was living in London at the time, the federal source told Fox News.

“I have seen and read the emails between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks,” the federal investigator told Fox News, confirming the MacFadyen connection. He said the emails are in possession of the FBI, while the stalled case is in the hands of the Washington Police Department.
Don't start with, "he could have simply clicked on a link intentionally".

There hadn't been a murder in his upscale DC neighborhood in 6 years.  Despite, the DNC trying to tie his murder to an "uptick in gun violence in the DC area" around the time he was killed.  
I just posted a story about another murder in the same neighborhood (which is hardly upscale, by the way) within months of his death. 

So you're not only ignoring the express wishes of parents mourning the murder of their son, you're also ignoring facts in favor of baseless conspiracy theories promulgated by the same pathetic dooshbags whose internet conspiracy nonsense caused an armed nutjob to visit a pizza joint frequented by my family and friends a couple months back and start shooting.

What is wrong with you?

Detective Wheeler's clarification/retraction about "violent lesbian gang" epidemic:

During the O'Reilly Factor segment on June 21st, while engaged in a discussion on Lesbian gangs, I inadvertently stated that gang members carry pistols that are painted pink and call themselves the "Pink Pistol Packing Group." I was not referring to the gay rights group "Pink Pistols" who advocates for the lawful rights of gays to carry weapons for protection. Further, I mentioned that there are "over 150 of these gangs" in the greater Washington DC area. What I actually meant is that there are over 150 gangs in the Washington DC area, some of which are in fact lesbian gangs. Lastly, I mentioned in the segment that there is this "national epidemic" of lesbian gangs. A better choice of words would have been to say that there is a growing concern nationally, and especially in major urban areas, of increased gang activity, which includes some lesbian gang activity.

I apologize for any misunderstanding this may have caused.
It's good that Quez has thrown his lot in with this professional.

damn dude.  Keep your story straight.  Fox was making the claim that Rich was e-mailing Wikileaks directly:

Don't start with, "he could have simply clicked on a link intentionally".
The point is the poster I quoted was criticizing people discussing this story.  We didn't make it up, and the last I recall this was an open forum for discussion.  If you don't like the thread gtfo

Detective Wheeler's clarification/retraction about "violent lesbian gang" epidemic:

More racism against Wheeler.  I guess he isn't a smart enough detective for some of you people.

I just posted a story about another murder in the same neighborhood (which is hardly upscale, by the way) within months of his death. 

So you're not only ignoring the express wishes of parents mourning the murder of their son, you're also ignoring facts in favor of baseless conspiracy theories promulgated by the same pathetic dooshbags whose internet conspiracy nonsense caused an armed nutjob to visit a pizza joint frequented by my family and friends a couple months back and start shooting.

What is wrong with you?
Show me where his parents said that.  Not a BuzzFeed article pointing to a Democrat spokesman.  Sorry this doesn't fit the narrative you have invested weeks in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Show me where his parents said that.  Not a BuzzFeed article pointing to a Democrat spokesman.  Sorry this doesn't fit the narrative you have invested weeks in.
First of all, he's the parents' chosen spokesperson. His political affiliation is irrelevant; he's speaking for them, not the DNC or whatever nonsense you're trying to peddle.  If he didn't say what they wanted him to say, they'd fire him.  That's how a "spokesperson" works, they speak for the person they represent.  It's right in the job title and everything.  But here's another quote from the family from a second source, a local blog:

"It's hurtful, and it's very distracting as we're still very early in grieving and dealing with all of this," says the family member, who asked to remain anonymous for privacy reasons (DCist was able to verify the person's identity). "We don't believe there's any involvement of any of the different conspiracy theories. We've made that clear multiple times. Putting out statements with absolutely nothing tangible and no hard facts—that's what I want to stop."

The family member describes learning about the latest conspiracy theory as being like "having a semi come up and t-bone you in the intersection when you think you're doing fine. It catches you so off guard that you don't just pause, you step backwards."
Second, I haven't invested weeks or even hours in any narrative. I've invested a few minutes trying to stop absurd internet conspiracy theorists like yourself from peddling their dangerous garbage, because last time you did it one of your brethren shot up a pizza joint across town. This incident happened much closer to my actual home, like maybe 15-20 blocks away, and the last thing we need is another one of you reckless conspiracy loons coming here to play vigilante again.

Third, I noticed you haven't addressed your lie about "no murders in six years" in the (not really upscale) Bloomingdale neighborhood. Why did you make up a lie (in addition to the several you've passed along from other sources) and then duck accountability for it?

During the O'Reilly Factor segment on June 21st, while engaged in a discussion on Lesbian gangs, I inadvertently stated that gang members carry pistols that are painted pink and call themselves the "Pink Pistol Packing Group." I was not referring to the gay rights group "Pink Pistols" who advocates for the lawful rights of gays to carry weapons for protection. Further, I mentioned that there are "over 150 of these gangs" in the greater Washington DC area. What I actually meant is that there are over 150 gangs in the Washington DC area, some of which are in fact lesbian gangs. Lastly, I mentioned in the segment that there is this "national epidemic" of lesbian gangs. A better choice of words would have been to say that there is a growing concern nationally, and especially in major urban areas, of increased gang activity, which includes some lesbian gang activity.

I apologize for any misunderstanding this may have caused.
THERE ARE 150 LESBIAN GANGS IN GREATER WASHINGTON DC AREA!

Actually, I meant that there are 150 gangs total in DC area, and a few are, in fact lesbian gangs.

THERE IS A NATIONAL EPIDEMIC OF LESBIAN GANGS!

Actually, I should have said that people are worried about increased gang activity nationally, some of which are lesbians.

How can anyone take this guy seriously? Probably the same people who believe there are Muslim no go zones in Dearborn, Michigan.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, he's the parents' chosen spokesperson. His political affiliation is irrelevant; he's speaking for them, not the DNC or whatever nonsense you're trying to peddle.  If he didn't say what they wanted him to say, they'd fire him.  That's how a "spokesperson" works, they speak for the person they represent.  It's right in the job title and everything.  But here's another quote from the family from a second source, a local blog:

Second, I haven't invested weeks or even hours in any narrative. I've invested a few minutes trying to stop absurd internet conspiracy theorists like yourself from peddling their dangerous garbage, because last time you did it one of your brethren shot up a pizza joint across town. This incident happened much closer to my actual home, like maybe 15-20 blocks away, and the last thing we need is another one of you reckless conspiracy loons coming here to play vigilante again.

Third, I noticed you haven't addressed your lie about "no murders in six years" in the (not really upscale) Bloomingdale neighborhood. Why did you make up a lie (in addition to the several you've passed along from other sources) and then duck accountability for it?
Another quote from a March 2nd article?  They just posted a video on YouTube saying nothing their spokesman did.  They probably just don't want to get murdered by the Clintons.  I don't blame them.

Users who are viewing this thread