What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade Decision - D.Murray -A.Jeffrey (1 Viewer)

abricru

Footballguy
12-man PPR Dynasty League

Starting Requirements:  1QB, 2-3RB, 2-3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

My roster:

QB: Mariota, Tannehill, Garoppolo

RB: J. Howard, D. Henry, Jeremy Hill, J. Richard, K. Carey, Josh Ferguson

WR: J. Landry, John Brown, M. Mitchell, C. Patterson, T. Gabriel, Andre Ellington, Kendall Wright, Terrance Williams, D. Inman, C. Peake, B. Coleman, Paul Turner

TE: Rudolph, Doyle, Brate

K: Surgis

D: Seahawks

Draft picks: 1:04, 1:11, 2:10, 3:06, 4:06

Would you do either or these trades? Which one?

1:11, 2:10 for Alshon Jeffrey

1:11, 2:10, Malcolm Mitchell for DeMarco Murray

Thanks for any help.

I am not big on Jeffery, but that seems very cheap for him. I might do that and try to flip him in. I wouldn't do the 2nd trade. You are a borderline playoff team and there is no need for Murray to be on your roster and you already have his replacement.

I'd do that for Alshon, then turn around and deal him for some rb help.  I think the deal is good value that you can likely convert, either now or a few weeks into the season (before Jeffery gets hurt and becomes perpetually questionable).

I am not big on Jeffery, but that seems very cheap for him. I might do that and try to flip him in. I wouldn't do the 2nd trade. You are a borderline playoff team and there is no need for Murray to be on your roster and you already have his replacement.
I don't understand this logic. I think you should always be looking to acquire players being undervalued regardless of team makeup. Murray would be an every week starter, and possibly the best player on the entire team for this year. Having Henry just increases both of their values to the team. Also, if the need arises, it won't be hard to sell Murray to a contender for way more than this offer.

Ultimately both deals are excellent, those are basically nothing picks to be giving away, but Murray has top-5 upside this year, and is no lock to lose that job to Henry any time soon. Murray has been stud for about 5 years now, other than Philly, and that was 100% on them and not Murray. 

If I had the team, I'd do the Murray deal, and try to deal the 1.4 for a WR(maybe Hopkins, Watkins or Robinson can be bought low)  and go for it this year. 

I don't understand this logic. I think you should always be looking to acquire players being undervalued regardless of team makeup. Murray would be an every week starter, and possibly the best player on the entire team for this year. Having Henry just increases both of their values to the team. Also, if the need arises, it won't be hard to sell Murray to a contender for way more than this offer.

Ultimately both deals are excellent, those are basically nothing picks to be giving away, but Murray has top-5 upside this year, and is no lock to lose that job to Henry any time soon. Murray has been stud for about 5 years now, other than Philly, and that was 100% on them and not Murray. 

If I had the team, I'd do the Murray deal, and try to deal the 1.4 for a WR(maybe Hopkins, Watkins or Robinson can be bought low)  and go for it this year. 
His team has a extremely slim chance of winning the league this year. All Murray does is help his team this year and if he isn't making a run at a title that is hurting his team for the future by lowering his draft pick.

What he is giving up is about equal to 1.07 or 1.08. He will be hard pressed to get that back if he trades him mid season even if Murray is a top 10 back.

Plus I could see who ever falls to him at 1.11 being worth more than Murray this time next year.

These type of deals where you trade rookie picks for win now guys when you aren't ready to win now set teams back years. 

Last edited by a moderator:
msudaisy26 said:
His team has a extremely slim chance of winning the league this year. All Murray does is help his team this year and if he isn't making a run at a title that is hurting his team for the future by lowering his draft pick.

What he is giving up is about equal to 1.07 or 1.08. He will be hard pressed to get that back if he trades him mid season even if Murray is a top 10 back.

Plus I could see who ever falls to him at 1.11 being worth more than Murray this time next year.

These type of deals where you trade rookie picks for win now guys when you aren't ready to win now set teams back years. 
:goodposting:

Absolutely agree.

OP team is pretty weak IMO and needs to acquire talent that could help him for many years.  Demarco Murray doesn't do that.....Murray helps him now and that's the wrong strategy when rebuilding.

OP should do the deal for Jeffery and put Jeffery on the trading block.  Jeffery is the kind of WR that a contender will overpay for if Jeffery was the final piece in a championship run.

I don't think it's a problem for this team to acquire Murray because he will have value in trade as this year goes along and will likely bring a much better return than what he has to give up now.  I also don't think Murray has only value this year.  Best case scenario would be that the Titans hand the reigns over to Henry and they trade or release Murray where he signs with another team that will feature him.  Then the OP has two starting RB's out of those guys.  I believe Murray still has a couple years left of relevancy either in Tennessee or elsewhere.   

Just as some have stated that if the OP falls out of contention Murray will have significant trade value to a contender and will be able to recoup future assets at that time.  I think Murray is the more valuable piece of these two options.

Users who are viewing this thread