What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017-18 NBA (Playoffs): A gasping, wheezing thread begs message board poster arguing how Jordan never lost a Finals to just let it die in peace (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to LA...
I would really be surprised if this was the case. It might be, and I think if he goes to LA it basically ensures George will go or a Kawhi trade. But from all Lebron has said, his next come down to winning and what his family wants. LA is sure attractive, but it is a little different living on the East Coast then the West Coast, and I don't know if the family wants to move that far away from their current home. Who knows, but the vacation house in California sounds like a better option.

and LA looked better this year then I think a lot of people thought they would, but I really don't know how close to actually winning anything they really are. It is tricky in the current NBA with multiple teams "tanking" or taking nights off. I know the Sixers benefited a few times in prior years to teams choosing to take their "night off" when they played the Sixers.

and the Boston PR is in full effect:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2780152-kyrie-irving-rumors-celtics-scared-pg-will-leave-in-2019-fa-join-knicks

the timing of an article saying Boston is scared to lose Kyrie to FA is obviously an intentional move by the organization (at least based on the last few years). this either is trying to lure LBJ by saying Kyrie is looking to leave, or is setting the groundwork when they don't want to sign Kyrie to a large contract (because of injury concerns or whatever) they won't look like the bad guys.

Can't throw too much shade though, Sixers PR game is certainly not something that other organizations should be envious of

:goodposting:

none of the chumps here hating on him would take the same money and go to a lesser team "just because it's the hard road". Those tough guys would cream their panties on their way to golden state. 
Fwiw he took a small haircut to come to GSW.

I mean I have zero problem with his decision. 

Golden State drafted Curry Klay and Green. They deserve to dominate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really be surprised if this was the case. It might be, and I think if he goes to LA it basically ensures George will go or a Kawhi trade. But from all Lebron has said, his next come down to winning and what his family wants. LA is sure attractive, but it is a little different living on the East Coast then the West Coast, and I don't know if the family wants to move that far away from their current home. Who knows, but the vacation house in California sounds like a better option.

and LA looked better this year then I think a lot of people thought they would, but I really don't know how close to actually winning anything they really are. It is tricky in the current NBA with multiple teams "tanking" or taking nights off. I know the Sixers benefited a few times in prior years to teams choosing to take their "night off" when they played the Sixers.
He has already purchased a home there...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748185-lebron-james-purchases-second-home-in-los-angeles-for-23-million

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/where-we-live/wp/2018/01/16/inside-lebron-jamess-new-los-angeles-mansion/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f0e691dc11d0

Rumors about Mrs. James and LA...

https://247sports.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/Bolt/Report-LeBrons-wife-wants-to-live-in-Los-Angeles-full-time--53242080

IMO this is the logical move for him at this point of his career...he goes to the entertainment capital of the world and begins his post-career transition career while still being the best player in the game...he bring George with him and they use some of the young assets to bring in another high-end vet and the Lakers instantly become a top 5 team and depending on who that high-end vet is they can contend for a title...worst case is the Lakers become very good and he is the toast of LA...IMO it makes no sense for his career to go to Boston or Philly...yes with the Celts he probably wins the title and with Philly they become a title contender but they just don't come close to the fit LA is for corporate Lebron and at least right now they don't have any of his cronies playing for him...

and the Boston PR is in full effect:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2780152-kyrie-irving-rumors-celtics-scared-pg-will-leave-in-2019-fa-join-knicks

the timing of an article saying Boston is scared to lose Kyrie to FA is obviously an intentional move by the organization (at least based on the last few years). this either is trying to lure LBJ by saying Kyrie is looking to leave, or is setting the groundwork when they don't want to sign Kyrie to a large contract (because of injury concerns or whatever) they won't look like the bad guys.

Can't throw too much shade though, Sixers PR game is certainly not something that other organizations should be envious of
Chris Mannix is not a PR flunky...far from it...if he is writing about this then there must be a serious concern about Irving's interest in the Knicks...

The thing that Philly & Boston have over LA (i continue to insist Houston is financially oompossible) among the Kang's choices is that the only nyaahnyaah he has in pursuit of GOAT status is that he is only 2 away from BRussell's record of competing in 10 straight championships.

i guess if thad opts out and they cut bogdanovic, collison and jefferson.

though i'm willing to wager modogg's house that he will not go to indiana.
Is that right though? According to this site (which could definitely not be 100% accurate), if they decline Stephenson, Jefferson, and Young, trade Bogdonavic which doesn’t seem impossible, and Thad picks up his option, they’d be at roughly $65 million. Seems like an interesting fit, lots of shooters around him, solid defensively, someone in Oladipo who can create so he doesn’t have to do literally everything on offense, decently young.

He’ll probably go somewhere boring though.

Its either Hayward or Kyrie gone. If Kyrie can't deal with his dad joining him in Boston then Bron could opt in do a sign and trade with Boston and another team. Maybe Knicks.
Since Kyrie already forced himself away from him just a year ago I have a pretty good guess which one. 

Its either Hayward or Kyrie gone. If Kyrie can't deal with his dad joining him in Boston then Bron could opt in do a sign and trade with Boston and another team. Maybe Knicks.
Unless Walt Frazier or Willis Reed come out of retirement what do the Knicks have that even gets them within sniffing distance of player like Kyrie?

Boston said:
Unless Walt Frazier or Willis Reed come out of retirement what do the Knicks have that even gets them within sniffing distance of player like Kyrie?
Knicks eat the cap space, Cavs get picks, Celtics clear space for the goat.

Must be an exciting finals. I jump to the last page and all the discussion is about where someone is going next season. Not a single post on the series. 4th straight Clev/GS final, it's FANtastic!

Must be an exciting finals. I jump to the last page and all the discussion is about where someone is going next season. Not a single post on the series. 4th straight Clev/GS final, it's FANtastic!
Great post. Really liked your unique take on breaking down the game tonight. Definitely subscribing for your future hot takes. Dynamite drop in - thanks for keeping it real.

If we assume the 2nd half is the same as the 1st it will be close with him and Durant. 
Ya just the other day someone was saying there was no chance he'd get it but I figured with a huge game it would be close. 

If he drops 40, I think he gets it.  KD's numbers will be slightly better overall, but I think if Stephs even close, they'll give it to him.  Also this game will be fresh in their minds and he would have had 3 better games than KD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread